Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate (44741 Views)

Appeal Court Affirms Bashir Machina As Yobe North APC Senatorial Candidate / Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / PDP Seeks Buni's Removal As Yobe Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by lookingfly: 5:27am On Feb 07, 2023
chiefolododo:
Judgement being bought. Black market Judgement

A candidate that didn't contest was declared winner by *The Supreme* court

The Osun Tribunal kangaroo judgement is still fresh in our memories

One governorship candidate who came 4th in the governorship election was declared winner

The judiciary should be the last hope of the common man but Judgement is now bought , delivered to the highest bidder.

Court is turning to CULT
all happened in one person's regime.......what a failure nigerian's I stalled as their president.....if bulaba ever wins, this would be a joke because he would do as he pleases and nobody will question him just as they did in endsars.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by lookingfly: 5:32am On Feb 07, 2023
garfield1:

You can't buy the apex court.cc fergie001
so how do you explain someone that didn't participate in the primaries at all winning the ticket....it simply means I can as well sue the say the APC senatorial candidate of my state now and win him before the election.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 6:35am On Feb 07, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

Party decision is final. Take it or leave it
I am worry about this nation. This nation can never move forward with this kind of people around here. With confidence still repeating same rubbish "party decision is final".
If party decision is final, why should there need to conduct primaries again? Can't the party just say this is our candidates list for all the posts?
You know how many times the court had voided party decision for replacing candidates that won in a primary. A good example is Amaechi and Omeiha in Rivers state.
Young Man, party decision is not superior to Electoral Act and the constitution. Please note that and stop misleading unsuspecting Nigerians.
If party decision is final, why did APC lost all posts in Zamfara, lost in Rivers, did party not took decisions in those states?
We cannot continue in this manner and expect growth, peace and justice. A non contestant been declared winner by the highest court of the land and a reasonable human being that love his/her country is comfortable with it.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by slivertongue: 6:51am On Feb 07, 2023
garfield1:

Lawan is an asset
Everyone is an asset. No one is superior. This litigation democracy will kill civil rule in Nigeria. Though primaries is a party affair, lawan wasn't a candidate in the election.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Poleski: 6:56am On Feb 07, 2023
The supreme court is now a kangaroo court. APC has destroyed this country.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 7:06am On Feb 07, 2023
emilo2bad:

Don't confuse people with your sentiment write up APC cancel machina elections which they have power to do according to 2022 electoral act and conducted a fresh primary which Ahmed Lawal contested and won, the supreme court always say court don't have jurisdiction over decision of national working committee of a political party
Please can you bring out the part of the 2022 electoral law that permits or empowers APC or parties to cancel primaries at will. Please I am waiting for you.
You see if some of you have your way, you wouldn't mind turning this country to banana republic. How would a law aprobate and reprobate at the same time? Meaning the drafters of the law in first instance doesn't know what they intend doing. Gave one power to conduct primaries and in another breadth gave another power to cancel same primaries. Are you now telling me that the law envisage to turn a political party to law court?
Young Man, stop misleading unsuspecting Nigerians from your partisan prism, no law permits political party to cancel primaries lawfully conducted and monitored by INEC. Just know this and stop dancing macabre dance to justify what you wanted.

Hear what the law says:
Section 84(1) of the Electoral Act, 2022. The section provides as follows:
"A political party seeking to nominate candidates for elections under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions which shall be monitored by the Commission”.

The ACT also stated thus:
Section 82(1) of the Electoral Act 2022 provides that a political party that intends to conduct primaries shall give INEC at least 21 days Notice, for the purpose of nominating candidates for any of the elective offices specified under the Act.

I am waiting for you to show me part of the electoral Act that empowers APC to cancelled a primary lawfully conducted.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Okarakwu: 9:15am On Feb 07, 2023
You are asking as you don't know of Akpabio case, hope uzodinma and now this
garfield1:

Like which
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Gift96: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
TheGift:

This is a very clear case of a miscarriage of justice.
justice is bought in nigeria, not necessarily by cash
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Pickmycall: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
garfield1:

The uzodinma judgment was not inorder
Ok
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
Pickmycall:
Ok

Y did you edit my comment? The truth is that most people do not want to understand the imo judgment.why not ask for clarifications
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I am worry about this nation. This nation can never move forward with this kind of people around here. With confidence still repeating same rubbish "party decision is final".
If party decision is final, why should there need to conduct primaries again? Can't the party just say this is our candidates list for all the posts?
You know how many times the court had voided party decision for replacing candidates that won in a primary. A good example is Amaechi and Omeiha in Rivers state.
Young Man, party decision is not superior to Electoral Act and the constitution. Please note that and stop misleading unsuspecting Nigerians.
If party decision is final, why did APC lost all posts in Zamfara, lost in Rivers, did party not took decisions in those states?
We cannot continue in this manner and expect growth, peace and justice. A non contestant been declared winner by the highest court of the land and a reasonable human being that love his/her country is comfortable with it.

In zamfara,the state chapter submitted names not the nwc
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by emilo2bad: 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Please can you bring out the part of the 2022 electoral law that permits or empowers APC or parties to cancel primaries at will. Please I am waiting for you.
You see if some of you have your way, you wouldn't mind turning this country to banana republic. How would a law aprobate and reprobate at the same time? Meaning the drafters of the law in first instance doesn't know what they intend doing. Gave one power to conduct primaries and in another breadth gave another power to cancel same primaries. Are you now telling me that the law envisage to turn a political party to law court?
Young Man, stop misleading unsuspecting Nigerians from your partisan prism, no law permits political party to cancel primaries lawfully conducted and monitored by INEC. Just know this and stop dancing macabre dance to justify what you wanted.

Hear what the law says:
Section 84(1) of the Electoral Act, 2022. The section provides as follows:
"A political party seeking to nominate candidates for elections under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions which shall be monitored by the Commission”.

The ACT also stated thus:
Section 82(1) of the Electoral Act 2022 provides that a political party that intends to conduct primaries shall give INEC at least 21 days Notice, for the purpose of nominating candidates for any of the elective offices specified under the Act.

I am waiting for you to show me part of the electoral Act that empowers APC to cancelled a primary lawfully conducted.
So you now know more than the supreme court. quoting electoral act upside down. Nobody have jurisdiction over the action of a political party, that is the law supreme court never keep people in the dark about this law it favour tambuwal, Apabio, adamu aliero Abdullah and others now it is Lawal you are quoting law upside down.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
garfield1:

In zamfara,the state chapter submitted names not the nwc
The state chapter submitted names to who?
Please you're commenting with learned person and not those commenting for preference sake.
Since time memorial, even before tinkering on the electoral Act in 2022, state party doesn't submit list of candidates, it is the national party executive that submit same.

To puncture your lie, here below is the link of APC national chairman submitting Zamfara's candidate names.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/289562-apc-dares-inec-vows-to-submit-candidates-for-zamfara-election.html&ved=2ahUKEwi7jtuY5YP9AhVmRKQEHfiFAGQQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3G3F17pWRgU86s7Ynb6kvy

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/apc-to-inec-we-have-the-right-to-submit-list-of-zamfara-candidates/amp&ved=2ahUKEwi7jtuY5YP9AhVmRKQEHfiFAGQQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1L2GCvmNipO87BgFJKDNbN

When you want to lie, please do it with sense.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

The state chapter submitted names to who?
Please you're commenting with learned person and not those commenting for preference sake.
Since time memorial, even before tinkering on the electoral Act in 2022, state party doesn't submit list of candidates, it is the national party executive that submit same.

To puncture your lie, here below is the link of APC national chairman submitting Zamfara's candidate names.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/289562-apc-dares-inec-vows-to-submit-candidates-for-zamfara-election.html&ved=2ahUKEwi7jtuY5YP9AhVmRKQEHfiFAGQQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3G3F17pWRgU86s7Ynb6kvy

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/apc-to-inec-we-have-the-right-to-submit-list-of-zamfara-candidates/amp&ved=2ahUKEwi7jtuY5YP9AhVmRKQEHfiFAGQQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1L2GCvmNipO87BgFJKDNbN

When you want to lie, please do it with sense.

Oga,read the full supreme court judgment.the supreme court found out that primaries was not conducted by nwc but by swc.therefore,no primary was conducted but in yobe,there was a primary
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
emilo2bad:

So you now know more than the supreme court. quoting electoral act upside down. Nobody have jurisdiction over the action of a political party, that is the law supreme court never keep people in the dark about this law it favour tambuwal, Apabio, adamu aliero Abdullah and others now it is Lawal you are quoting law upside down.
Please who is quoting law up side down? Have you checked where the law I quoted was added on or subtracted from.
Did you even read the reason adduced to by the supreme court justices that made them to disqualified Machinda and gave victory to Lawal?
If you're not partisan and you've asked yourself did Lawal participated in lawful primary conducted by APC?
You should also have asked yourself, did APC fulfilled the 21 days notice expected to give to INEC for the conduct of primaries? Because Lawal participated in the presidential election on the 8th June, 2022 and a purported primary was conducted on the 9th June, 2022. And also, when did APC notified INEC for the cancellation of primary conducted on the 28th June, 2022?
The judgement was more on the process of filing the case and not on the merit of the case. In this case, if the process of filing was wrong does that gave the authority to declare a non contestant to be a winner or someone that doesn't fulfilled constitution provision.
Just as I said, the ruling doesn't concern me because I am not from the Borno state neither am I remotely related to any candidate but my concern is the system and the institution. Judiciary should be the last hope of common man but if it is otherwise, then, there is a problem.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,read the full supreme court judgment.the supreme court found out that primaries was not conducted by nwc but by swc.therefore,no primary was conducted but in yobe,there was a primary
The question is, did Lawal contested the primary on March 28, 2022? And if they claimed, that primary was conducted on the June 9th, 2022. When did APC write to INEC to cancel the primary? And if they did, when did APC write INEC to conduct new primary? And finally, did they fulfilled the 21 days notice permitted by law?
Until you can answer these questions in good conscience before I conclude that you really love this country and not just playing politics with the destiny of the nation.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

The question is, did Lawal contested the primary on March 28, 2022? And if they claimed, that primary was conducted on the June 9th, 2022. When did APC write to INEC to cancel the primary? And if they did, when did APC write INEC to conduct new primary? And finally, did they fulfilled the 21 days notice permitted by law?
Until you can answer these questions in good conscience before I conclude that you really love this country and not just playing politics with the destiny of the nation.

This is an entirely a party affair.who represents apc in yobe north apc primary is for nwc to decide not outsiders.
There was a primary but apc claims they substituted the original winner.the majority ruling was due to the fact that machina commenced his case wrongly not that he didnt win.his foundation was weak and in law,you cannot build something on nothing.when you have a good case and make telling errors,you will lose
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
garfield1:

This is an entirely a party affair.who represents apc in yobe north apc primary is for nwc to decide not outsiders.
There was a primary but apc claims they substituted the original winner.the majority ruling was due to the fact that machina commenced his case wrongly not that he didnt win.his foundation was weak and in law,you cannot build something on nothing.when you have a good case and make telling errors,you will lose
Every party affairs are under the authority of the constitution and electoral Act. Party affairs cannot be superior to the law enacted by national assembly.
From your comment, you claimed the MWC member that supervised the primary wasn't a member of NWC, which means the primary is null and void but you still went ahead to claim, the original winner was substituted. If I may ask you, as I have been doing, on what authority do they do that without recourse to the established law, either the constitution or the electoral Act?
You yourself also claimed Machina won but due to technicality he lost out. The question now is, how can somebody that didn't participate in a primary be the winner of the said primary so conducted? Are we now saying, the more you see, the less you understand.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Every party affairs are under the authority of the constitution and electoral Act. Party affairs cannot be superior to the law enacted by national assembly.
From your comment, you claimed the MWC member that supervised the primary wasn't a member of NWC, which means the primary is null and void but you still went ahead to claim, the original winner was substituted. If I may ask you, as I have been doing, on what authority do they do that without recourse to the established law, either the constitution or the electoral Act?
You yourself also claimed Machina won but due to technicality he lost out. The question now is, how can somebody that didn't participate in a primary be the winner of the said primary so conducted? Are we now saying, the more you see, the less you understand.

Apc substituted machina and machina went to court to challenge the substitution.he filed the case wrongly and the court dismissed his case
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
garfield1:

Apc substituted machina and machina went to court to challenge the substitution.he filed the case wrongly and the court dismissed his case
Dismissed the case and declared a non contestant a winner. Where lies the justice and sincerity?
I think the best is to have cancelled the primary outrightly since the justices claimed to find fault in the process of filing the case and not on the merit of the case.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Dismissed the case and declared a non contestant a winner. Where lies the justice and sincerity?
I think the best is to have cancelled the primary outrightly since the justices claimed to find fault in the process of filing the case and not on the merit of the case.

The prayers before the court was not to cancel the primaries.the prayers was just to declare lawan winner since he was substituted and machina lawyers made mistakes
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
garfield1:

The prayers before the court was not to cancel the primaries.the prayers was just to declare lawan winner since he was substituted and machina lawyers made mistakes
That was wrong, the prayer should not have been answered. The justices are not under compulsion to answer prayers of litigant, if it's against the law. How would someone that didn't participate in an election be declare a winner by any standard? What part of the constitution or electoral Act accommodate that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter / Soldiers Fleeing: 'We Don't Have Weapons, We Are Going Home For New Year' / Obasanjo Commissions Seriake Dickson Foundation Office In Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.