Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate (44743 Views)

Appeal Court Affirms Bashir Machina As Yobe North APC Senatorial Candidate / Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / PDP Seeks Buni's Removal As Yobe Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by 9ty4our: 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
Atleast you all can now understand the kind of Judgment you can get in Nigeria..

Can you just imagine..?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by stan83: 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by mvem(m): 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
dalongjnr:
This is a big win. Congratulations to him.
how did the Supreme Court uphold Lawan

Lawan never contested that ticket to start with

2 Likes

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Indispensable85(m): 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2023
Without participating in the primary? Na wa oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by wirinet(m): 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Kingpele:
Lols well the supreme Court can't be blamed NWC is the highest organ of a political party,so if they say they give ticket to Mr A ,is final..let's blame APC organisation of criminals and corrupt who robed Peter to pay paul

Then why the rigmarole of wasting time and money contesting for primaries? INEC should simply asked NWCs of parties to nominate their candidates, so the candidates should have spent their time and money on members of the NWC.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by SirFrank1477: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lol =Afamed post=120680068]

Dont waste your energy with that boy[/quote]
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Abdullahi2018: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2023
This is extremely distasteful. How did somebody win an election he was not part of how? supreme backyard better bring out the reason for the judgement. Nonsense.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Femeto: 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2023
Black market judges.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by onatisi(m): 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2023
it is all part of God's plan , i won't be surprised if lawan and his followers plus sympathizers move out of APC and decide to work against that party.

Abdullahi2018:
This is extremely distasteful. How did somebody win an election he was not part of how? supreme backyard better bring out the reason for the judgement. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by emilo2bad: 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Are you telling me, a man that doesn't contest for a position can be declared as a winner of that position? Something is fishing and not only fishing, is rotten.
Nigeria cannot have peace with this kind judgement.
Meanwhile, Obi you're trying to malign, contested in the said election but Lawal never contested in the Senatorial election of Yobe state. I hope you reference God, God gives grace to truth sayer but rewards falsehood holder with disdain.
For your information, I am a Yoruba, the judgement does not directly or indirectly affect me but we cannot continue this way and expect progress as a nation.
Don't confuse people with your sentiment write up APC cancel machina elections which they have power to do according to 2022 electoral act and conducted a fresh primary which Ahmed Lawal contested and won, the supreme court always say court don't have jurisdiction over decision of national working committee of a political party
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Femeto: 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2023
Supreme court, Jankara Court.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Blazebond(m): 4:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
This shocking decision by the supreme court must be condemned by everyone irrespective of party affiliation,this is abracadabra of judiciary,it is judicial magic.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Billmos: 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
There is no justice in Nigeria!!!!!! This judgement is broad day robbery.last last bvas may not stand after all nigeria constitution has no plc for it fear our judiciary.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by achimendy(m): 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
garfield1:

You can't buy the apex court.cc fergie001

You need to wake up from that ignorant sleep boy.........
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by achimendy(m): 4:52pm On Feb 06, 2023
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by tbarrister(m): 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
torqque7:

Gave him ticket to hold for him how?where is that rubbish done in the world?because it's his birth right ABI so he can give it to someone to hold for him?this country is a joke lol..shame on supreme court.

I'm more interested in the moral aspect and not legal aspect. I value loyalty over anything. Machina is ahmed Lawal inlaw, pray not to be betrayed by someone you helped. Ahmed Lawal not only bought the ticket he also mobilized for the primary victory, only for machina to betray him. I dont like our corrupt politicians but I'll never support a traitor
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by juman(m): 4:58pm On Feb 06, 2023
He will be floor member in the next senate.
Senate presidency goes to the south south or south east.
I think akpabio is also interested.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Charlie2020(f): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
donphilopus:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-machina-loses-as-supreme-court-affirms-lawan-as-yobe-apc-senatorial-candidate/amp
In Nigeria,there are two types of Lawyers: Those who know Laws and Those who Know Judges.
Chief Afe Babalola SAN
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Charlie2020(f): 5:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
donphilopus:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-machina-loses-as-supreme-court-affirms-lawan-as-yobe-apc-senatorial-candidate/amp
Pure miscarriage of justice.
The winner of the election never stepped down so how on earth did the supreme court unanimously award Lawan victory.
I thought these supreme court travesty would have stopped with the supreme court governor, Hopeless Uzodinjo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by demoBaba: 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
Naijanascam:
As simple as you never took part in an examinations and you passed and promoted before those that took part because the examiner knows you too well.......

Simple logic

So unfortunate my brother.

1 Like

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Heffalump(m): 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2023
iwaeda:

APC will destroy democracy grin grin grin grin grin

They are already destroying it, my brother
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by abidem4real: 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
donphilopus:

Aaaahhhh! This is a sheer judicial robbery and it's not good for Nigeria's dying democracy at all.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by abidem4real: 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
garfield1:

Everyone has a cost regardless.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by abidem4real: 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2023
garfield1:

Yes but am not happy.senate president must come to south
The presidency is going to the South, hence the Senate President can come from anywhere else.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by abidem4real: 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
iwaeda:

APC will destroy democracy grin grin grin grin grin
That is an understatement. APC has killed democracy.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by kevwemike: 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
Na wahooo Nigeria my country. It is finished
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Gandrova: 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
Miscarriage of judgement. If the Apex court can rule in favour of a useless man called
Ahmed Lawan, then the hope of a common man is gone in this country.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Gandrova: 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
Indispensable85:
Without participating in the primary? Na wa oooo
I don't understand our useless Judiciary system again.
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Okarakwu: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2023
From pronouncements coming out of there..seems they are cheaper
garfield1:

Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by Okarakwu: 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
But you will support miscarriage of justice .....pray it no get to you .
tbarrister:

I'm more interested in the moral aspect and not legal aspect. I value loyalty over anything. Machina is ahmed Lawal inlaw, pray not to be betrayed by someone you helped. Ahmed Lawal not only bought the ticket he also mobilized for the primary victory, only for machina to betray him. I dont like our corrupt politicians but I'll never support a traitor
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by eddie7: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2023
Electoral cheating and manipulation in Nigeria is like human & air...the judiciary being the nostril
Re: Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate by fubsy: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
How did the Supreme Court arrive at this judgment? Na wa o! I thought Ahmed Lawan did not buy the Senate Form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Soldiers Fleeing: 'We Don't Have Weapons, We Are Going Home For New Year' / Obasanjo Commissions Seriake Dickson Foundation Office In Bayelsa (Photos) / FG Gives FAAN, NAMA, Others 45 Days To Relocate Headquarters To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.