Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

BREAKING: Supreme Court Declares Lawan Yobe North Senatorial Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Supreme Court Declares Lawan Yobe North Senatorial Candidate (477 Views)

Tinubu Meets APC Yobe North Senatorial Candidate, Sherrif Machina (August 2022) / Ahmed Lawan Stranded As INEC Certifies Bashir Machina Winner Of Yobe North / ‘Be Careful’ — Adamu Warns Machina Over Yobe North Senatorial Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Supreme Court Declares Lawan Yobe North Senatorial Candidate by SamuelOamen: 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
In a split decision of three-to-two, the Supreme Court on Monday affirmed the nomination of the Senate President Ahmad Lawan as the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for Yobe North Senatorial District for the 25 February general election.

In the lead majority judgment, Justice Centus Nweze held that Lawan’s major challenger, Bashir Machina was wrong to have commenced his suit at the trial court via a writ of summons in view of his allegations that the APC acted fraudulently in transmitting Lawan’s name to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as it’s candidate.

Justice Nweze held the earlier decisions of the Federal High Court in Yobe and the subsequent one Court of Appeal in Abuja, affirming Machina as the APC candidate for Yobe North “were perverse and must be set aside.”

In his lead dissenting opinion Justice Adamu Jauro faulted the APC’s primary held on June 9, 2022,from which Lawan emerged as the party’s candidate.

Justice Jauro dismissed the appeal by the APC and awarded a cost of N3m against the party and in favour of Machina.

Details shortly...

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-supreme-court-declares-lawan-yobe-north-senatorial-candidate/

Re: BREAKING: Supreme Court Declares Lawan Yobe North Senatorial Candidate by judatech: 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
I think we should scrap courts in Nigeria.. lopsided judgements🤦🏿‍♂️
Re: BREAKING: Supreme Court Declares Lawan Yobe North Senatorial Candidate by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Can fergie or garfield get me a soft copy of the judgment?

I really want to know the logic behind this decision.

This is not how to build a country sha.

Many Nigerians are tired already and if APC buys this election through the courts, many Nigerians will leave the country for good

Immediately I saw the news of the judgment, I immediately called my agent at the NIS to ask about my passport. I’m getting tired already.
Re: BREAKING: Supreme Court Declares Lawan Yobe North Senatorial Candidate by surgical: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
Abeg Nigerians make una vote out apc out in the coming elections so the new government can help us wash the supreme Court clean,they are not serving any useful purpose again they need to be over hauled
With the supreme Court judgment they are discouraging parry primaries returning our democracy to the primitive days
Re: BREAKING: Supreme Court Declares Lawan Yobe North Senatorial Candidate by Mynd44: 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2023

(1)

Delta 2023: I Will Build On Commendable Legacies Of Okowa – Oborevwori / Photo Of The Year / Prophet Segun Adebayo New Shocking Revelations On 2023 Election, Military Interi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.