Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,321 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad (28174 Views)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos / Dora Omoruyi Who Survived Mediterranean Shipwreck Doesn't Want To Return Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Hectroy(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
I'll advice that you also apply through study route, apparently she's keeping her options open and she doesn't want any commitments for now. Try yours as well so you can do same. It was never love.
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and i encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam. While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by biggz82: 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
When e reach to travel abroad you intend to marry her, but for the past three years you just dry Bleep her with no intention to marry.

The girl get sense die.

If na you bros talk true you go marry and carry her.

Wise girl keep it up

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by toxtimmy: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Dude... Let her know you want to marry and go with her just like you both had planned.... If she says no, then start focus on yourself 99.9% of the time.... Don't change how you react to her, just set your big goals and start working towards them.

That's the only way you will find peace.... there are other women that will appreciate you US or no US.

Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and i encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam. While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by carsuperman: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
She used you,best believe because I experience this last year and I now know never to be good to a woman. Slightest chance she gets, she will move from you because she now sees you as not her class
Lifeinbits:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Onarabu: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

So pe otilo
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by scottsammy: 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nigeria women are the most intricate of womanhood. Give her wealth and power and she will rub it on your face, suddenly, you are not in her category anymore. This is what turns me off about Nigeria women.
As for your case, she has projected that you can't meet her level anymore once she is there. I will also blame you because you might have sensed all this attributes about her before you decided to invest.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by FireUpNow(m): 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Your life doesn't depend on her so let her go
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Pakwel(m): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

mumu man
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by kizyalex10(m): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

lolz my brother she feels it’s easy to find a man there,don’t worry unless she is not planning to dump u but if she does,then she will know why there re many women in their 40’s and single abroad.she go use money buy husband from Nigeria and the person will come in and dump her,unless she have an intention of settling in and bringing u afterwards
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
43Ronin:
But why will anyone carry their hard earned funds to school in usa when there's canada Usa that will only give you 2 years post study visa based on STEM then after that na street ooo, before u get H1B na God. Even when u get the H1B, your spouse cannot work. Guys do research before you japa. Go to where there's a sure route of residency or citizenship. E better say I carry money for schl fees go instead as visiting then hustle akata. Even akata these days dey dull men sef

Nigerians have this mentality that things will be different when it comes to their turn. I was looking at the 2019 h1b data and only 900 Nigerians got H1B despite 25000 students from Nigeria entering usa to school yearly. Such an abysmally low number

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by adslipps: 6:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
Getting admission doesn’t mean visa is guaranteed. She will come back to u when they deny her visa

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by itslinkin4005(m): 6:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

lol she never get visa nd she don already dey dump you ... my advice just play cool . Just do exactly what she said by applying to school too , then in pregnant her ...
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Teymanhenry(f): 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
My take from the story is, your girl's smart while you are w dumb arse

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Ubanz: 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
Allow her to go. She will be the one that would come looking for u.
Don't let any woman set u back. Focus on ur career.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by 43Ronin: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Nigerians have this mentality that things will be different when it comes to their turn. I was looking at the 2019 h1b data and only 900 Nigerians got H1B despite 25000 students from Nigeria entering usa to school yearly. Such an abysmally low number
Ehen now you can't compete with the Chinese and Indians.. they own the IT field which is where majority of the H1B comes from, most of the nigerians I know that even got the H1b were in healthcare, dentist, doctors, RPN, PHarma, Dev Ops Anything other than that na God

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by BABYBULLETIN: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Rgade:

This part is so true. Happened to my cousin.
Man had already secured admission in the US only for his visa application to fall through.
School gave him a few more trials.
US visa is so hard to get.
Besides the lady in the story is just planning her future which the op may or may not be part of, depending on the outcome. Women will embarrass you wherever loyalty is put to the test. Those people are loyal to nothing else but their feelings.
how school go give admission,the country denied u visa,..of what use is the school admission without visa..this is wickedness of the highest order..this is a scam and a pretenious program...canada is better than us when it comes for admission and visa..if i may ask,will the school refund the fees and damages to the person?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by fkj950ax(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Please don't start a sentence with "Myself"; nor use "I and my girlfriend".
The right construct is "My girlfriend and I".

A relationship between a guy and a lady is not a life sentence. You are not indebted to her, nor is she indebted to you. Until you have proposed marriage to her, AND she accepts the proposal, everything that transpires between a guy and a lady are SIMPLY GIFTS.
Until we understand this as a society, we will continue having these conversation around being swindled.
She is not honorable enough as you aren't canny enough. Don't plan a future with someone not honorable even at little beginnings.
If she doesn't want to marry you (or continue the relationship), then you should let it go. You can't force her to be with you. You both will simply become monsters to each other down the line.
Get your shit together, come up with your own application process and execute. Nothing stops you from traveling abroad as the primary applicant, Must you be a dependent to someone?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by saintruky(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Praktikals:

Ok, but thats not like that with UK dependent visa

Brief me about the UK dependent visa....

My own girl left and called me today that she's in the UK already, i shock...

Initially our plan was to get married December of 2022 while her visa processing was ongoing... At a point i called her as to get update (she relocated to Abuja), she told me she has shopped the process due to financial constraints...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by jokerr(m): 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

pure simp , when will guys wise up and stop spending money they'd use to improve themselves on these opportunist girls who follow the biggest bag. At least this one will teach you a lesson. If you want to spend on a woman that's not your wife spend on your mom or sister simple. Family first before these urchins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
43Ronin:

Ehen now you can't compete with the Chinese and Indians.. they own the IT field which is where majority of the H1B comes from, most of the nigerians I know that even got the H1b were in healthcare, dentist, doctors, RPN, PHarma, Dev Ops Anything other than that na God
Like you get, except it's scholarship should one consider the usa for post graduate and you should be thinking of PR from day one or porting to Canada
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Positiveme2020: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

There is a saying, I don't know how to put it that = if a man is hustling with a woman and he scales through, the woman will expect him to bring her up but if the woman scales through first, she will tell him to double his hustle and meet her on the other side else she will dump him.

Very true , op should try and level up.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by 43Ronin: 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
saintruky:

Brief me about the UK dependent visa....

My own girl left and called me today that she's in the UK already, i shock...

Initially our plan was to get married December of 2022 while her visa processing was ongoing... At a point i called her as to get update (she relocated to Abuja), she told me she has shopped the process due to financial constraints...
These hoes don get sense oooo. Lol cheesy grin if marriage no pay, japa must pay cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by namo77: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Take your L and move on

People that spend so much on “Girlfriend” amaze me.

If you want to spend, spend on your wife, mother, father, brother, sister…

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by SaintAY(m): 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
Omo!
If I eventually fly out, I go dump her
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by thesmallgod(m): 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
kizyalex10:
lolz my brother she feels it’s easy to find a man there,don’t worry unless she is not planning to dump u but if she does,then she will know why there re many women in their 40’s and single abroad.she go use money buy husband from Nigeria and the person will come in and dump her,unless she have an intention of settling in and bringing u afterwards
This is actually true though but she will never understand until she reach abroad

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Positiveme2020: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
abobote:
Same story that made front page 2weeks ago.

She never still travel ?

The said lady has not even secured a visa oh.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by thesmallgod(m): 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
BABYBULLETIN:
how school go give admission,the country denied u visa,..of what use is the school admission without visa..this is wickedness of the highest order..this is a scam and a pretenious program...canada is better than us when it comes for admission and visa..if i may ask,will the school refund the fees and damages to the person?
These are two different thing. Fulfilling requirements for visa is different from academic admission. You can qualify to study a particular program in a university but not qualified to be offered a visa. Also, admission is process by the school while visa is process by the country embassy. When you are offered admission, the school will give you the necessary documents for admission while you also provide other relevant documents required by the embassy. It is now left for d consular to grant or deny your visa application.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Yimmicks: 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
Based on what I understand, the US is not like the Uk or Canada when it comes to students settlement. What I mean is dependants (spouse or children) are not allowed to work. Even students, there are constraints around it. The major plus for the US is probably that there is more funding unlike UK.
That’s why you’ll see married people opt more for UK for instance so their spouse can work full time.
so many times, US applicants encourage and guide their intending spouse or spouse to enter via the student route too.
I’m not sure what the dynamics of your relationship are, but if you both were united and really wanted and are eager to get married, you could have made your research and pick what’s best for you but since you guys didn’t do that from the go, it’s difficult to say the lady should give up on a funded masters in the US and marry to go somewhere else together.
If it was the guy too, would that be the case?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by arantess: 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:

this is a copied post from twitter
butt...
put yourself before her

focus on yourself
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by lanightdavido(m): 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:
For those of you thinking I am young, I am a 40 years old man while my girlfriend is 28 years old. We had some conversation this morning and it's so glaring that she wants me to go through the study route or try another country then she can come and join me. She said that going as a dependent means I want to settle for crumbs while i can also get the big bones. And I am insisting to her that it's doesn't matter even if F2 does not work, I can always do under the table job.

Bro. From your explanations. I think your Girlfriend is wise ,ambitious and wants the best for you. If you go as a dependent to the US(F2 visa), you are not allow to work.(C’mon, you are a Man. You should never think of that).

The best thing is to go through the student route like your gf.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by obainojazz(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
She’ll message you after seeing boys no send am grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Car Away In Asaba, Tricycle Rider, Passengers Escape (video) / Fatal Accident Around Ibusa Asaba Express Rd, Delta State / Woman Escapes Death As Van Somersaults, Explodes (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.