Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad (28207 Views)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos / Dora Omoruyi Who Survived Mediterranean Shipwreck Doesn't Want To Return Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by saintruky(m): 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
43Ronin:

These hoes don get sense oooo. Lol cheesy grin if marriage no pay, japa must pay cheesy

Hahaha... But why she play me? She's in her mid 30s
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
BABYBULLETIN:
how school go give admission,the country denied u visa,..of what use is the school admission without visa..this is wickedness of the highest order..this is a scam and a pretenious program...canada is better than us when it comes for admission and visa..if i may ask,will the school refund the fees and damages to the person?
Don’t know about others but US schools definitely don’t refund.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Abeos(m): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hope you know you can be redundant if you go to the US as a spouse of student visa holder You can't officially work.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Afrobasic(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hahaha... this one sweet me die

OP abeg, update us when she finally blocks your mumuness . 🤣

Shey be una get coconut head. Stop helping this women, una no go hear.

You will learn by force by fire 😂
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by riczy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and i encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam. While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.
dt u got a scholarship to study in US doesn't mean u are in US already, one may get an admission and nt gets Visa, if she didn't get a Visa, kick her sorry ass out! An advice from an experienced folk, even if she gets move on bro!
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by MasterTeeUSA: 8:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
She go get to US and her only way to get papers is to sleep with and marry someone else...else you or her cant achieve anything meaningful with US study route. You wont even get a Social Security number and without it, you cant get a State ID. Na only college ID you go dey take waka everywhere.

tensazangetsu20:
Allow her go. She go shock when she reach there. They all think getting married abroad is easy lol. Besides a student visa doesnt guarantee japa especially in the US but then even if you go as her dependant you arent allowed to work too. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by emmylight4u: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
budaatum:
Wise woman. She might grow and find better so it's wise to keep open options. Grow and you too might.

And thanks for your support.

She is not wise, please. She will regret this action. She can be in abroad for 5 years without a hi from any man.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Fearyourcreator: 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
12inchess:

She is using you to find her admission. She will drop you once she gets there. Like you said she is 28 and 40. She sees you as a moneybag. The goose that lays the golden eggs. At 40 how easy is it to start going to school again. Even me in my mid 30s going to school. It's very though abeg.
Very very
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by BABYBULLETIN: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
thesmallgod:

These are two different thing. Fulfilling requirements for visa is different from academic admission. You can qualify to study a particular program in a university but not qualified to be offered a visa. Also, admission is process by the school while visa is process by the country embassy. When you are offered admission, the school will give you the necessary documents for admission while you also provide other relevant documents required by the embassy. It is now left for d consular to grant or deny your visa application.
Then,it absolutely rubbish and stupid.if the school grant u admission,is better for the country to grant u visa,since u pass all the requirements for the school,afteral u are going there to school..they just take ur money and denied u visa..these people are thieves...make naija just better,e no go better for them..
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by BABYBULLETIN: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Rgade:

Don’t know about others but US schools definitely don’t refund.
then,they are thieves..
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by koolaid87: 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and i encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam. While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.

Just because she got the offer doesn't necessarily mean it's green.

Ask her why she doesn't feel like going with the initial plan?

Appreciate her realness while you're still in Nigeria.

The earlier you know who she is, the better
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by yusufmurry: 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
@OP

I am not going to charge you or ask you for money I will help, prepare and get schools that will give admission in the US.

If that sounds good to you, let me know
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by phollybee(m): 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
cocolacec:

My brother i will advise you to tell her you will do the wedding in Naija before she leaves,she will go alone at first so American embassy will not refuse you both.Once she gets to America she should file for you as a spouse.if she doesnt marry youthen leave her alone.

Before you go for interview contact me or read up US Student visa on travel section or ask for interview extracts.

I can guide you on how to seek admission too if you need help.
give me your contact boss
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by spiceadole: 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
ednut1:
with this age disparity she doesn’t see a future with you. Before una go balance get papers 4 to 5 years don waka. You are already too old for all that . Sorry sir

Ha! When did men start becoming old?

Men don't grow old.
They grow younger everyday.
Man is the prize.

Women are the only people who age.
The lady is 2 years away from menopause..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by budaatum: 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
emmylight4u:

She is not wise, please. She will regret this action. She can be in abroad for 5 years without a hi from any man.

Really? Men whom one just has to show some tit to and they swoon and lose their senses?

I guess she is prepared to go try her luck without him. Tell op to give you her details so you can check in 5 years instead of assuming.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by 360great(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2023
Bro free her. She think she's smart when she comes here she will see what loneliness will do her as a result of cold. Most naija guys here are in search of akata (black Americans or white lady to marry.) So most Nigerians guys here aren't even looking for Nigerian girls to marry. Because they dont have papers . She will regret her actions possibly in future.
Lifeinbits:

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by bolousadex: 3:55am On Feb 18, 2023
There's no guarantee that she will get the visa, and if she does and refuses to marry you, move on brother. Forget those sacrifices and move on with your life..
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by ednut1(m): 6:42am On Feb 18, 2023
spiceadole:

Ha! When did men start becoming old?

Men don't grow old.
They grow younger everyday.
Man is the prize.

Women are the only people who age.
The lady is 2 years away from menopause..
you clearly no wise
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Ifakiland(m): 7:28am On Feb 18, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Lolzzzzz ode man....broda oponu....you be her papa na wey you dey pay for gf admission fee and tofle exam....didirin may we no birth boys like you. Coconut head, una no dey ever hear word
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by carsuperman: 8:13am On Feb 18, 2023
Best comment here.same happened to me but there is God.1 thing is never be too good to women
fkj950ax:

Please don't start a sentence with "Myself"; nor use "I and my girlfriend".
The right construct is "My girlfriend and I".

A relationship between a guy and a lady is not a life sentence. You are not indebted to her, nor is she indebted to you. Until you have proposed marriage to her, AND she accepts the proposal, everything that transpires between a guy and a lady are SIMPLY GIFTS.
Until we understand this as a society, we will continue having these conversation around being swindled.
She is not honorable enough as you aren't canny enough. Don't plan a future with someone not honorable even at little beginnings.
If she doesn't want to marry you (or continue the relationship), then you should let it go. You can't force her to be with you. You both will simply become monsters to each other down the line.
Get your shit together, come up with your own application process and execute. Nothing stops you from traveling abroad as the primary applicant, Must you be a dependent to someone?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by spiceadole: 8:42am On Feb 18, 2023
ednut1:
you clearly no wise

Lol..
King Solomon.
Well done.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by spiceadole: 8:45am On Feb 18, 2023
emmylight4u:

And will she die?

My friend in US got linked to a man in Nigeria.
He was doing very well for himself .she came back,they got married and he joined her in the US.

She mustn't meet her husband in US.
There are many ways of meeting people in a small world.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Nwaotu10(m): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2023
OkpaAkuEriEri:
A ga alatocha gf gi.
Mpa mepe anya rapu umu akwuna aka
Obulo asi grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by olivia40(m): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2023
lanightdavido:

Bro. From your explanations. I think your Girlfriend is wise ,ambitious and wants the best for you. If you go as a dependent to the US(F2 visa), you are not allow to work.(C’mon, you are a Man. You should never think of that).

The best thing is to go through the student route like your gf.

whats the chance of 40 years person getting a study visa for someone like me.... I have saving of up to 5 million. I am open to other countries apart from USA.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lol..mumu man.My ex told me if I cannot sponsor her japa that the relationship is dead.I stopped talking to her from that moment till now..almost a year now.Now I've left Naija,the mumu still dey there.I can never please a woman at my detriment

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by hufzxh24(m): 4:02am On Feb 22, 2023
[url]Dentist Toorak - Care Family Dental[/https://www.carefamilydental.com.au][i][/i] We are an established family dentist servicing patients across Melbourne in areas such as Toorak, South Yarra, Hawthorn, Malvern, Sunshine, Braybrook, Port Melbourne, Albert Park, Templestowe, Doncaster and other surrounding suburbs. No matter which dental clinic you attend across our 4 locations, We offer patients the latest dental techniques as well with the newest technology to ensure our patients have an amazing experience.

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by gforce5: 10:23am On Feb 24, 2023
Bros, as Ednut said earlier, with this age disparity that girl doesn't see a future with you. At your age, you ought to have roughly 10 years work experience and have graduated from uni at least decade ago. That study route is going to be very hard for someone of your age bracket. Do you even have the funds to study in the States? Traveling abroad is a very expensive venture. I hope you know that? The fact that you don't even know the different routes to utilize for immigration is a red flag. A man of your age should be taking charge. You need to understand something. That woman is pushing 30. Time is not on her side. Every decision counts. She doesn't want to venture into a marriage of economic uncertainty. Women are hypergamous like that. There's no guarantee that she would get a visa either as getting a US visa is purely by luck and with the high delays and rejections these days, it's even more difficult. My advise to you would be to raise capital and migrate to a sane African country (Cote D'Ivoire, Senegal, Namibia) establish yourself then you can decide to immigrate to the US from there.
Lifeinbits:
For those of you thinking I am young, I am a 40 years old man while my girlfriend is 28 years old. We had some conversation this morning and it's so glaring that she wants me to go through the study route or try another country then she can come and join me. She said that going as a dependent means I want to settle for crumbs while i can also get the big bones. And I am insisting to her that it's doesn't matter even if F2 does not work, I can always do under the table job.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Lifeinbits(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
UPDATE

My girlfriend has advised that i should renew my passport which i have but I am yet to collect it. So, most people are advising that we should a fake marriage so that she can submit it in order for me to get the needed documents. I informed my babe and she agreed to it , initially but after a long thought,I felt I don't like the idea that instead, we should do a small court marriage but it seems my babe does not want a small wedding, she wants an elaborate wedding and she will wait to get a good job before getting married to anyone. Gurus in the house, what do you suggest I should do?

Lifeinbits:

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by ednut1(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
Lifeinbits:

UPDATE

My girlfriend has advised that i should renew my passport which i have but I am yet to collect it. So, most people are advising that we should a fake marriage so that she can submit it in order for me to get the needed documents. I informed my babe and she agreed to it , initially but after a long thought,I felt I don't like the idea that instead, we should do a small court marriage but it seems my babe does not want a small wedding, she wants an elaborate wedding and she will wait to get a good job before getting married to anyone. Gurus in the house, what do you suggest I should do?

bros shame dey catch me on your behalf lol.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Lifeinbits(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
why please
ednut1:
bros shame dey catch me on your behalf lol.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Gloriagee(f): 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Why do a fake wedding? Why not take her suggestion and apply independently for an admission and/or visa? Dont force relationships so she doesnt start resenting you in future..........

Lifeinbits:

UPDATE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? / Accident Involving A Cement-carrying Truck And A Camry At Dopemu, Lagos / Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.