Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement (26394 Views)

Cost Of Non-Returning Lawmakers Heavy For Democracy — Lawan, Senate President / Diri Celebrates Supreme Court's Dismissal Of Lyon's Appeal Application (Video) / Senator Mohammed Sani Musa Celebrates Supreme Court Victory With Lawan Omo-Agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by fergie001: 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
In a 3-2 decision, the Supreme Court set aside the judgements of the lower Courts and affirmed Lawan as the APC Candidate for Yobe North Senatorial District.

The Supreme Court Judgement of today on the disputed All Progressives Congress (APC) Yobe North Senatorial ticket in the February 25th National Assembly is a victory for all APC in Yobe, generally for APC across the country and for democracy.

What happened was democracy at work. The lower courts gave their various judgements and then the Supreme Court gave the final judgement.

I want to commend the Supreme Court and infact the judiciary generally for delivering this kind of judgement to strengthen our democracy.

Let me take this opportunity to thank our party, the All Progressives Congress(APC) for taking this matter to the Supreme Court.

Actually, I didn't, as an individual, go to the Supreme Court to seek redress. But my party and the people of Yobe North and Yobe State generally and many political associates and well wishers and supporters across the country who showed interest did.

So today, this victory is for all of us involved. I am the symbol but the victory is for our party, the APC and for democracy.

I want to thank all my colleagues for the support, the love, the partnership. I recommit myself to ensuring that the leadership of the Senate will continue to lead very well, will always be appreciative of our colleagues who have given us the mandate to lead the ninth Senate.

Now, we will be looking at the 25th of February when the Presidential and National Assembly elections will take place. By the Grace of God, Nigeria will vote APC once again.

Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan (President of the Senate)

Previous Thread:
Machina loses As Supreme Court Affirms Lawan As Yobe APC Senatorial Candidate

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by God1000(m): 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
So he went to supreme court after the initial ruling, he must have bribed the judge.

He should stop lying that he didn't go to court himself.

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Obaofaba: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
Asiwaju is the number one winner in all of this.

The biggest loser is the PDP that was ready to pounce on an opportunity to grab a senatorial seat through backdoor.

Lawan has learnt his lessons and everyone is happy including machina, he'll be hugely compensated.

He's also made a statement and party excos will from now take him serious.

Ahead ahead, no going back.

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by lordm(m): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
Rape of democracy. APC will lose the presidency

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Think9ja(m): 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
Here is a candidate who didn't even buy form, but supreme Court thought otherwise.

Things like this terrible judgement is the reason why I will vote for Atiku.

Can your candidate win and still hold on to his win? If you think that protests and insurrection will make INEC or the winning party to relinquish power to you, you'll just die for a lost cost.

Only the courts can help you guys and unfortunately, they are still the same people in the courts.

PDP and Atiku are a good match for whatever evil tactics APC wants to deploy

Corruption for Corruption
Rigging for Rigging
Structure for Structure
Money for Money
Litigation for litigation

Vote Atiku and PDP to push APC out

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
All Nigerians must take this as a challenge, to make sure APC doesn't steal the 2023 polls.

grin APC has done daylight robbery, countless times, that when they repeat it, Nigerians are no longer outraged.

See how a nation is normalizing political and judicial and economic banditry.

The future ordinary Nigerians, will have it very bad, this is terrible

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2023
Obaofaba:
Asiwaju is the number one winner in all of this

Yes he is, I remember how Lawan and his friends wanted Tinubu to win APC presidential ticket

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2023

2 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Obaofaba: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
I really felt for machina.

The guy has spent money and might even win but unfortunately, the party is supreme.

I just pray he's compensated by Asiwaju when he assume office in May.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Toluajib: 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nigeria judicial system in picture

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Cherrysh(f): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Fake victory

6 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Hendrixky: 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Stupid Apc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Felabrity: 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
This is what Buhari was complaining about in 2016

These judges are bst, give them little dough and they will obey you

6 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by DSC7: 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Apc must go.....

Vote Labour party....

Vote Peter Obi!!!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by IKBARUTEN11(m): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Yeye and backyard victory

APC has decided to turn naija upside down

11 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by meum: 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
Victory for which democracy?

8 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Pwettylinda(f): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
See greedy man grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Samfloxin(m): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
So the criminal is going back to the Senate? These people have really insulted us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Sonnobax15(m): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
grin
APC just dey use their last veto power dey squeeze all their opposition blokos wotowoto cool

3 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by EmmyDJourno: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
If only the people would reject you at the polls, then you go and face God’s judgement for being selfish

8 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by tempest01(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
This Judiciary as composed will soon lead the country to anarchy.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by atobs4real(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
Wow !!! Happy for you and you family now.
APC can now win in peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by YoungLionken(m): 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
Arrant nonsense!!

So you mean this is how BAT would have celebrated, if he had won (Lol, God forbid)??

"Nigeria doesn't need a leader, it needs a rescuer" -Bishop David Oyedepo, Dec. 2022...

5 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Freshtruth(m): 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nigerian judiciary is in a shadow of his own . APC just dey use them any how. Military or Britain come back and rule us Democracy na scam

8 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Antoeni(m): 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
When Mustaph was in Form , Who is Lawal?
Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Lamasta(m): 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
This is victory for stealing not democracy grin

13 Likes

Re: 'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement by Theoarhics: 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
Mumu talk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest / Nurudeen Inwanfero Edo YDP Governorship Candidate / Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested During Rerun Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.