Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 (23613 Views)

I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / FBI Trains Nigerian Cryptocurrency Crime Investigators And Prosecutors / 2023 Polls: Salihu Lukman Accuses Tl Of Attempting To Influence Outcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad

Please stop distributing this auto comment on all threads

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Derick1122: 11:25am On Feb 07, 2023
The poor are always a lab rat for rich.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by NEUDUDE: 11:26am On Feb 07, 2023
How would you buy somebody kidney for 3.5 million in this day and after looting their lives and not call yourself wicked.

This guy deserves to be shot dead. 3.5million is disturbing. Do you know how much ordinary car just luxury car this man drives is worth.

3.5 million. If the boy eat, renthouse, treat himself how much go remain.

Most black people are devils, i tell you. If e doesnt have now i will understand. But a whole theiving politician buying kidney for 3.5 million naira. Wow terrible

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by shugamummy: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2023
You are a stupid Christmas goat then. Enjoy your little fame and let Boko Haram commander win first.

Sorry I failed to check that you just created the account today. Welcome to Nairaland first and please take your campaign to any nearest bank this morning and when you reach, please start shouting that you support Tinubu and Shettima to change Nigeria for better. Good luck and rest in peaces in advance

GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by linearity: 11:36am On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:
There is absolutely no case here and the court will throw away this case within weeks. All these talk of controlling the young man and claiming he doesn't know his age is where the prosecutors have problem. The doctors in Nigeria that assessed him before he went to U.K are going to debunk the lies that he didn't fully know why he went to U.K.

On issue of money for organ donor, the law is fluid in that regard. It is like the law around surrogate mothers, it is illegal to pay them, but it is recognised that you have to support them financially. So there is a thin line between payment and financially support.

Why are they charging them with human trafficking and exploitation, which is another none specific charge? I think it is because they are trying to see which of their week claims will stick.

You are misrepresenting the facts here and must be doing it deliberately as you sound eloquent and may know the accurate representations of these facts or have access to them.

1. These is no law against rewarding surrogate mothers. Only that, UK courts cannot enforce surrogate contracts or agreements to either make the surrogate mother give up the baby after birth or the intended mother to pay certain rewards. The UK law also forbids third parties from helping the surrogate mom or intending mom to craft such agreement or contract.

Outside of the above, the surrogate mom and intending mom can enter into any agreement they which to including rewards but the court will not help them enforce it.

However if there are issues, family courts in UK would intervene and decide the case without regards to any agreement or monies paid and they can award cost against the intending mom for the benefit of the surrogate mom.

2. The The United Kingdom’s Modern Slavery Act 2015 under which they were charged does not specify age and the prosecution does not need to proof age, so it does not matter if the guy is 90 or 13 years, all that is required is that, he is a human being and alive when it happened.

3. Money for organ donor is not ‘fluid’ as you put it, the law is against it period!

4. By falsifying records and stating that, the donor is a relative, they bypassed the independent assessment of HTA - Human Tissue Authority, which is mandated to interview non relative donations to ensure that, no coercion was done, no rewards were promised and they will go over the risks with the donor and donors have a right to opt out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Sam119(m): 11:36am On Feb 07, 2023
Acidosis:

As per the UK Judge na APC member abi?

You dey mind that Fufu undecided
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by baralatie(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2023
That is a serious allegation
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Sam119(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:

Many are mad, but few are roaming
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Tochj(m): 11:39am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
Gotevee or whatever you call urself
Born again christian is a spiritual transaction done by Christ
It's not what you play with
It's not what you use for political rubbish.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Lionnation: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
the only reason you have for saying you will not vote for him is because he can never win, not because he is not capable, you believe only currupt people can win election, therefore is good to vote for currupt people, this is a black man reasoning for you, I spit on your grave
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by baralatie(m): 11:42am On Feb 07, 2023
linearity:

You are misrepresenting the facts here and must be doing it deliberately as you sound eloquent and may know the accurate representations of these facts or have access to them.

1. These is no law against rewarding surrogate mothers. Only that, UK courts cannot enforce surrogate contracts or agreements to either make the surrogate mother give up the baby after birth or the intended mother to pay certain rewards. The UK law also forbids third parties from helping the surrogate mom or intending mom to craft such agreement or contract.

Outside of the above, the surrogate mom and intending mom can enter into any agreement they which to including rewards but the court will not help them enforce it.

However if there are issues, family courts in UK would intervene and decide the case without regards to any agreement or monies paid and they can award cost against the intending mom for the benefit of the surrogate mom.

2. The The United Kingdom’s Modern Slavery Act 2015 under which they were charged does not specify age and the prosecution does not need to proof age, so it does not matter if the guy is 90 or 13 years, all that is required is that, he is a human being and alive when it happened.

3. Money for organ donor is not ‘fluid’ as you put it, the law is against it period!

4. By falsifying records and stating that, the donor is a relative, they bypassed the independent assessment of HTA - Human Tissue Authority, which is mandated to interview non relative donations to ensure that, no coercion was done, no rewards were promised and they will go over the risks with the donor and donors have a right to opt out .

Now I understand why they got themsef into serious trouble

Thanks for the explanation

So basically when the alleged donor step on UK soil and said he was been coerced to donate his organs.the whole family automatically became liable

Omo! This is a serious legal problem o
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by asahnwaKC: 11:42am On Feb 07, 2023
Kikikikikiki grin … what goes around comes around…. Karma is a Bitch
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by akseph1: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
What DIVISION do you belong to? Hope it is not DIVISION 300

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Galadimabawa: 11:53am On Feb 07, 2023
This man don enter wel wel, stay for 9ja chop the money u said no, oya ooooo.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by tunapawizzy: 11:53am On Feb 07, 2023
The politicians are idiots, u steal money buy houses that u don't need in hundreds of millions of naira. Then you need kidney for ur child and u want to pay just 7k pounds. Anyways that's by the way, quick recovery to Sonia, but that should not stop speedy and correct judgement by the court. Their matter na better so pe o ti lo
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 36STATES: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2023
00FFT00:

You Nigerians need to quit thinking from your anus. This is why someone like Ahmed Tinubu is running to enslave you in his obviously deteriorated condition. What is in question here is the rule of law. The United Kingdom is not a lawless society in the mold of the cesspit called Nigeria.

The letter of the law is simple, organ donation must be altruistic. In this case, it is not. And the donor cannot be reasonably expected to resist the inducement employed in the request to donate, even if he was properly clarified regarding its demerits. He is poor as hell, and who in his situation in Nigeria will not jump at the opportunity to board an airplane out of the country first?.

What is being prosecuted here is first class exploitation, human trafficking with intent to harvest organ. There is no bloodline nexus between donor and recipient and remuneration was agreed, that's a crime.

But you are a Nigeria, corruption ravaged, and cannot be reasonably expected to think well.

You fail to appreciate the fact that the guy must have changed his mind after agreeing to the deal on reaching there. Why did they lie about his age? Now they have accepted he's old enough to make decisions and not under age as was first alleged. That they are not relatives as you are saying does change anything. He has a lot of opportunity and time to think through it before he went to U.K, so is not like he was induced to smoke Indian Hemp while partying with friends - the whole thing took months if not years.

You simply don't understand how these things work. We know of high profile cases like this that was thrown away in U.K courts. These are activists prosecutors working in anti-human trafficking and slavery department of U.K. government that are looking for ways to justify their huge allocations and promote their anti human trafficking activism.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Osesbrainwave(m): 11:58am On Feb 07, 2023
I want to donate mine to this girl Sonia. I feel so sorry for her situation and don't mind doing this for her
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by baralatie(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:

You fail to appreciate the fact that the guy must have changed his mind after agreeing to the deal on reaching there. Why did they lie about his age? Now they have accepted he's old enough to make decisions and not under age as was first alleged. That they are not relatives as you are saying does change anything. He has a lot of opportunity and time to think through it before he went to U.K, so is not like he was induced to smoke Indian Hemp while partying with friends - the whole thing took months if not years.

You simply don't understand how these things work. We know of high profile cases like this that was thrown away in U.K courts. These are activists prosecutors working in anti-human trafficking and slavery department of U.K. government that are looking for ways to justify their huge allocations and promote their anti human trafficking activism.
You are still affirming the person you are quoting
The ekweremadus are been charged for exploitation of a human being ,falsification of documents and organ trafficking!

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by baralatie(m): 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
Osesbrainwave:
I want to donate mine to this girl Sonia. I feel so sorry for her situation and don't mind doing this for her
Is it you that should donate or her relatives and family?
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by tunapawizzy: 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
NEUDUDE:
How would you buy somebody kidney for 3.5 million in this day and after looting their lives and not call yourself wicked.

This guy deserves to be shot dead. 3.5million is disturbing. Do you know how much ordinary car just luxury car this man drives is worth.

3.5 million. If the boy eat, renthouse, treat himself how much go remain.

Most black people are devils, i tell you. If e doesnt have now i will understand. But a whole theiving politician buying kidney for 3.5 million naira. Wow terrible

The same thing that came to my mind. You steal resources meant for the poor, to fund education and luxury of your own children, then you want to buy their kidney again for 3.5million naira. Money wey no reach for Sonia herself to blow on drinks one night at the club.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Osesbrainwave(m): 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
baralatie:

Is it you that should donate or her relatives and family?

It doesn't matter, anybody that matches can. I feel so sad about her condition, I'm willing to help if my kidney matches with her own. I will give it to her for free
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by NEUDUDE: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
tunapawizzy:

The same thing that came to my mind. You steal resources meant for the poor, to fund education and luxury of your own children, then you want to buy their kidney again for 3.5million naira. Money wey no reach for Sonia herself to blow on drinks one night at the club.

True! My brother nothing anybody go tell me. Na karma be this one. god really catch am. I hope he rots in jail. Very wicked human being grin
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by mysticwarrior(m): 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ekweremadu is a finished man.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Menclothing: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
So him dey prison he is forgotten
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 36STATES: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
Originalsly:

The prosecution did research and found out he was born in a village and Ihis birth was not recorded.... the reason for him not having a DOB nor knowing bis exact age. The only way for the defence can give problems on this point is to produce his birth certificate or some record of birth. Will they risk family that?
The doctors that tested him in Nigeria ... did they tell him the truth about what he was tested for?... and why? Do you really believe any of them will want to take the stand and bear witness in this case?
No doubt... the law for donors may be similar to that for surrogate mothers. And yes... there is a thin line between payment and financial support... but this is not about payment ... which carries a sentence of 3 years max ... this is about trafficking and exploitation which is a specific charge.Why would you say it is non specific? He used false information to get they guy into the country .... that's trafficking .... and the purpose was to harvest his kidney ... which is illegal.... different from if the kidney was donated... exploitation. He had full control of the guy in the UK ... slavery.
He is not going to get out of this. We should reflect on how many Nigerians... especially young people... go to hospitals for belly pains and are often told minor surgery is required. Do they really know what the surgeons went in and removed? They should go and check and see if they have both kidneys.... many would be shocked.

He is not getting out of this .. and he dare not try getting the guy to change the story.

Every rope has an end.

First of all, the guy in question is adult and he has parents, siblings, relatives who must have told him his age and DOB. He was not smuggled to U.K, he went through all the legal processes. He is running a business in Lagos for years before this event. If the doctor's failed to explain properly to him why he's being taken to U.K, which I doubt, it is hard to prove that Ekweremadu told them to lie to the guy.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Ajalalomo: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:
There is absolutely no case here and the court will throw away this case within weeks. All these talk of controlling the young man and claiming he doesn't know his age is where the prosecutors have problem. The doctors in Nigeria that assessed him before he went to U.K are going to debunk the lies that he didn't fully know why he went to U.K.

On issue of money for organ donor, the law is fluid in that regard. It is like the law around surrogate mothers, it is illegal to pay them, but it is recognised that you have to support them financially. So there is a thin line between payment and financially support.

Why are they charging them with human trafficking and exploitation, which is another none specific charge? I think it is because they are trying to see which of their week claims will stick.

Ekweremadu's lawyer

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 36STATES: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
baralatie:

You are still affirming the person you are quoting
The ekweremadus are been charged for exploitation of a human being ,falsification of documents and organ trafficking!

I am sorry but I don't see the sense in what you are saying.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by tunapawizzy: 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifestone:

I don't thinks so, the case as presented here is not cast. A smart lawyer will wriggle through.
To me what is most surprising is the fact that Ekeremadu as a Senior lawyer and that level of wealth could not do proper due diligence on this process to know what is safe for him and his family
No I don't think so. The best a smart lawyer will do is get them lighter sentence. A Nigerian physician practicing in UK already lost his medical practice license on this case. The evidence appears damaging, they prosecutors have access to private messages. I'm sure ekweremadu filled n signed documents to support that the boy is their family member.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Juanmike(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Acidosis:

As per the UK Judge na APC member abi?
No mind the dunce
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Ajalalomo: 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:

First of all, the guy in question is adult and he has parents, siblings, relatives who must have told him his age and DOB. He was not smuggled to U.K, he went through all the legal processes. He is running a business in Lagos for years before this event. If the doctor's failed to explain properly to him why he's being taken to U.K, which I doubt, it is hard to prove that Ekweremadu told them to lie to the guy.

He should have used himself, wife, one of his biological kids or close relatives.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Bfly: 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2023
Some baddas lawyers trained for cases like this as as public prosecutors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano / The Bricklayer’s Breakdown Of Nigeria’s Proposed 2015 Budget / APC Convention: Moments Aspirants Refused To Step Down For Consensus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.