Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 (23621 Views)

I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / FBI Trains Nigerian Cryptocurrency Crime Investigators And Prosecutors / 2023 Polls: Salihu Lukman Accuses Tl Of Attempting To Influence Outcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by drsibz66(m): 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle[i] the peace atmosphere we have in the country.[/i] We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad

"The peace atmosphere we have in the country"
This quote shows you not in tune with reality and deluded.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Judolisco(m): 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
Acidosis:

As per the UK Judge na APC member abi?
u dey mind d werey
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Patriotic9ja(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
Acidosis:

Don't mind the guy.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Judolisco(m): 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
yesloaded:
I pray the last see a donor asap

Let's be careful of what we eat, & pray we don't becomes victim of such

Our politicians should learn to do good, money cannot buy everything in this life even if money can buy kidney it's still 50/50 because only God is Amen

It's unfortunate there's many twist to this story because the news said the guy was below 18yrs last year so how come he's 21yrs today

d age is not d problem... Ekweremadu offered him financial reward dats d problem.... Donor must donate willingly
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by rahjan: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
I wish sonia a quick recovery but I can't help but wonder what will happen if Ekweremadu should discover at this time that he is not the biological father of the girl.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by yesloaded: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Judolisco:
d age is not d problem... Ekweremadu offered him financial reward dats d problem.... Donor must donate willingly

That's why I said, Nigerian politician should learn how to do good at all times

In a situation like this, many Nigerians will be willing to donate for the girl asap

Tbh, non of our present day politician will get a cheerful donor with the way they maltreat Nigerians, not just ekweremadu

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by drsibz66(m): 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifestone:

I don't thinks so, the case as presented here is not cast. A smart lawyer will wriggle through.
To me what is most surprising is the fact that Ekeremadu as a Senior lawyer and that level of wealth could not do proper due diligence on this process to know what is safe for him and his family

There is nothing any lawyer can do. The best they can do for him is to plead guilty and get a lighter sentence. You think it's Nigeria were every case is winnable if you have money. Paying for organs is an offence in England.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by drsibz66(m): 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
Okealaaye:
They should let this man off the hook! Let the parent who would not do what the Senator did in a similar circumstance cast the first stone!

So the boy isn't a human being. He is a guinea pig ,sbi ? Or his own parents don't love him. I hope one day too you will have kids and someone will harvest their organs so you know how it feels.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by drsibz66(m): 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Babyboyforeal:
please the girl is not innocent because the children are the one eating the farther loot

She isn't at all, she is an accomplice . She actually also helped in painting the guy as a cousin.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by omonnakoda: 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Okealaaye:
They should let this man off the hook! Let the parent who would not do what the Senator did in a similar circumstance cast the first stone!
You mean They should revoke the law? Or just make exception for Ekweremadu? But if someone else does it in future he should be punished?
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by drsibz66(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
SunMusk:
I know many of us don't like senator Ike. But if China or Russia holds any UK citizen you will be seeing the out cry from US and other European countries. This is Nigeria official for that matter a senator fa..... The hypocrisy of this guys is alarming. There's no organ harvesting here in this matter. The guy consent to give his kidney, though the money is small. Before thy say the guy is underage, now thy say is 21 yrs. And Nigeria Senate can't even say anything.

Oga go and read the story again. It's a crime to even pay for organs in uk. Ok. I don't know how a human being will still be supporting his own oppressor. Its because they have weapons ED poverty in Nigeria that why someone will even want to sell his kidney for 3.5m. Do you know how much is kidney in the black market. Ike must rot in jail. Wicked people . With all the money he stole he couldn't even offer the guy 50m for his kidney . The guy would have been very happy to donate and make sure the surgery was successful.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by baralatie(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Osesbrainwave:

It doesn't matter, anybody that matches can. I feel so sad about her condition, I'm willing to help if my kidney matches with her own. I will give it to her for free
Unfortunately it does not work that way in the UK!
At least going by the background legal battle in this case and other cases
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by omonnakoda: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:
There is absolutely no case here and the court will throw away this case within weeks. All these talk of controlling the young man and claiming he doesn't know his age is where the prosecutors have problem. The doctors in Nigeria that assessed him before he went to U.K are going to debunk the lies that he didn't fully know why he went to U.K.

On issue of money for organ donor, the law is fluid in that regard. It is like the law around surrogate mothers, it is illegal to pay them, but it is recognised that you have to support them financially. So there is a thin line between payment and financially support.

Why are they charging them with human trafficking and exploitation, which is another none specific charge? I think it is because they are trying to see which of their week claims will stick.
court will throw it out within WEEKS?

But he was denied bail and has been on remand for several months approaching a year?
Only you know what you mean by FLUID
There is no law. That is fluid
The case is undergoing a JURY TRIAL

There is no scope ANYMORE for throwing out the case
The prosecution will present their case in full and only then will a JURY pronounce
It is premature to say there is NO CASE when the prosecution have just begun
Clearly you are biased

It is not ,absolutely not like the law on surrogate mothers,no nexus,no similitude.
Let us wait and hear the prosecution case

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by drsibz66(m): 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
linearity:

You are misrepresenting the facts here and must be doing it deliberately as you sound eloquent and may know the accurate representations of these facts or have access to them.

1. These is no law against rewarding surrogate mothers. Only that, UK courts cannot enforce surrogate contracts or agreements to either make the surrogate mother give up the baby after birth or the intended mother to pay certain rewards. The UK law also forbids third parties from helping the surrogate mom or intending mom to craft such agreement or contract.

Outside of the above, the surrogate mom and intending mom can enter into any agreement they which to including rewards but the court will not help them enforce it.

However if there are issues, family courts in UK would intervene and decide the case without regards to any agreement or monies paid and they can award cost against the intending mom for the benefit of the surrogate mom.

2. The The United Kingdom’s Modern Slavery Act 2015 under which they were charged does not specify age and the prosecution does not need to proof age, so it does not matter if the guy is 90 or 13 years, all that is required is that, he is a human being and alive when it happened.

3. Money for organ donor is not ‘fluid’ as you put it, the law is against it period!

4. By falsifying records and stating that, the donor is a relative, they bypassed the independent assessment of HTA - Human Tissue Authority, which is mandated to interview non relative donations to ensure that, no coercion was done, no rewards were promised and they will go over the risks with the donor and donors have a right to opt out.

Thank you very much. Although some mumus here will still argue. They always love their oppressors. .
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by omonnakoda: 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
rahjan:
I wish sonia a quick recovery but I can't help but wonder what will happen if Ekweremadu should discover at this time that he is not the biological father of the girl.
That will make a good movie story
Do not pray the kind of prayers that will annoy God
Have you finished praying your own matter?
You dey drag your load for ground carry another person own for head
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by malakaimoscondo: 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Politically motivated trial. Maybe it's law of karma sha
comment like this make me hate yeeeeboa well wels
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by omonnakoda: 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
lomprico:
He has bitten more that he can chew, a kidney costs about $300,000 that is almost 210,000,000 naira. He wanted to scam the boy for 3.1 million naira. Upon all the money he has been looting for almost 16 years. Wicked and greedy bastard.
in which market? Or is it Amazon
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by drsibz66(m): 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
baralatie:

You are still affirming the person you are quoting
The ekweremadus are been charged for exploitation of a human being ,falsification of documents and organ trafficking!

Leave the mums. These are the type that see fire and still put their hands. We know who they also support by their reasoning.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Agunesinjaweola: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Politically motivated in the UK
You must be ignorant and uninformed !
Despite overwhelming evidence 🧾

The young man was saved by the Consultant in the UK as a professional who acted in true spirit to confirm consent before the operation.

The guy would have been drugged and killed if the operation was carried out in Nigeria to cover up all traces of evidence.

Weep Not for Ekeremadu except you're an Evil!

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by aktolly54(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
hisexcellency34:
you be mumu , I know you support senator but imagine 7,000 pounds for kidney? A whole kidney for that matter.

You better go tell judge in UK is politically motivated so they can locked both of you up

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by tinsel: 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
If this is all these people have, they have no case.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by FavouredNK: 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad

This boring rythm is becoming too noisy and disturbing on almost every thread on Nairaland. Can't something drastic be done about it pls?
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by tinsel: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifestone:

I don't thinks so, the case as presented here is not cast. A smart lawyer will wriggle through.
To me what is most surprising is the fact that Ekeremadu as a Senior lawyer and that level of wealth could not do proper due diligence on this process to know what is safe for him and his family
I agree with you. The case is not as I expected if this is all they have.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Agunesinjaweola: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
JUST IMAGINE AHMAD LAWAN SUPREME COURT CASE AS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.

THIS CONFIRM NIGERIA IS NOT MADE FOR POOR PEOPLE

EKEREMADU WOULD HAVE LONG BEEN A FREE MAN LONG AGO BUT UK IS A SANE COUNTRY.

WHO EVER SUPPORTING EKEREMADU SHOULD PRAY TO COLLECT N3.5MILLION (£4000) FOR THEIR OWN KIDNEY AND ENJOY A BETTER LIFE.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by omonnakoda: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
tinsel:

I agree with you. The case is not as I expected if this is all they have.
it is too early to form opinions.
Wait till they close their case if you are genuinely objective
His innocence or guilt will be determined by a jury
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Thomasankara(m): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin APC is the most powerful party in the world😂😂😂😂[color=#770077][/color]
Acidosis:

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Thomasankara(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
[/color]The Lord...visits the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation. [color=#770077]
post=120702452:

We are not talking about her father,
We are talking about an innocent 25 year old girl here, get that right.
Anyways, whatever you wish for the young girl comes back to you in multiple folds.
What goes around , comes around.
We Rise.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Thomasankara(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
[/color]balablubulaba[color=#770077]
Jamiubond009:
cheesy This new yam Ekweremmadu is eating is from a townhall different from.... grin grin
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 00FFT00(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:

You fail to appreciate the fact that the guy must have changed his mind after agreeing to the deal on reaching there. Why did they lie about his age? Now they have accepted he's old enough to make decisions and not under age as was first alleged. That they are not relatives as you are saying does change anything. He has a lot of opportunity and time to think through it before he went to U.K, so is not like he was induced to smoke Indian Hemp while partying with friends - the whole thing took months if not years.

You simply don't understand how these things work. We know of high profile cases like this that was thrown away in U.K courts. These are activists prosecutors working in anti-human trafficking and slavery department of U.K. government that are looking for ways to justify their huge allocations and promote their anti human trafficking activism.

The pertinent question is, was the boy brought to the UK with intent to unlawfully harvest his organ?.

Whether he was an accomplice who changed his mind in the aftermath of arriving in the UK or not is irrelevant in the eyes of the law. What we need to understand as Nigerians is, that not everything doable should be done.

Ike Ekweremadu is within his right, even obligated to seek to save his daughter's life or at the least, provide her comfort pending such a time a legally acceptable donor can be found for her.

But, we must admit that he is morally and legally wrong in the way he elected to go about it.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Litmus: 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
UK's judicial system is part of the economic arm (Capitalism) of thire Democratic system. Their courts are a major income earner for the economy when foreigners are trapped within the circuit i.e the case including the lucrative appeals; domestically, it is a part of the taxing ecosystem or industry if you prefer.

Nigeria go dey haemorrhage money to the UK coffers through the bankrupting of this Ekweremadu fella....
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by InvertedHammer: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
post=120702449:

First and foremost,
The most important thing in all of these is that,
All of us at [/b] pray for a successful surgery/operation for this young girl.
We pray for a healthy life for her.
This is the primary thing.
After that, all the other court issue can go on.
Her health and life comes first.

[b]Get well soon Sonia.

God gat you dearie.
Affliction will not arise a second time in your youthful life.

We Rise.

/

In a legal case, you are whipping out silly emotions immaterial to the case. Fly to UK and tell it to the judge. The sins of the father are not usually visited on the father only.

/

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by challoxxx: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
hisexcellency34:

This is how you know Obi’s supporters SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Presents Adekunle Akinlade As Consensus Governorship Candidate To Amosun / Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law / Bawa: "EFCC Is Investigating Source Of Money Used In Buying Nomination Forms"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.