Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 (23688 Views)

I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / FBI Trains Nigerian Cryptocurrency Crime Investigators And Prosecutors / 2023 Polls: Salihu Lukman Accuses Tl Of Attempting To Influence Outcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by philisto: 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
Free EKWEREMADU
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by omonnakoda: 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
Litmus:
UK's judicial system is part of the economic arm (Capitalism) of thire Democratic system. Their courts are a major income earner for the economy when foreigners are trapped within the circuit i.e the case including the lucrative appeals; domestically, it is a part of the taxing ecosystem or industry if you prefer.

Nigeria go dey haemorrhage money to the UK coffers through the bankrupting of this Ekweremadu fella....
Not haemorrhaging as much as politicians travelling to Chatham house to talk nonsense

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Solocoin: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
00FFT00:

We Nigerians need to quit thinking from our anus sometimes. This is why someone like Ahmed Tinubu is running to enslave you in his obviously deteriorated condition. What is in question here is the rule of law. The United Kingdom is not a lawless society in the mold of the cesspit called Nigeria.

The letter of the law is simple, organ donation must be altruistic. In this case, it is not. And the donor cannot be reasonably expected to resist the inducement employed in the request to donate, even if he was properly clarified regarding its demerits. He is poor as hell, and who in his situation in Nigeria will not jump at the opportunity to board an airplane out of the country first?.

What is being prosecuted here is first class exploitation, human trafficking with intent to harvest organ. There is no bloodline nexus between donor and recipient and remuneration was agreed, that's a crime.

But you are a Nigeria, corruption ravaged, and cannot be reasonably expected to think well.
When you're done thinking with your ears you clap for yourself.
Did they force him? He is the only one that is poor? Why accept to do something and reaching there he turn around? With someone who live in the city of Lagos and was engaged in selling of phone accessories. He knows what he's doing. He was just looking for an easy way of getting a visa.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by oliverwrites: 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
spiralwedge:

They are too tribe-conscious.

It applies not only to politics, but in everything.
Even the way other people eat their swallow, they feel theirs is superior. So you can imagine how primitive their brains are.
It is why so many people are paranoid of them. You can't constantly tell me you are better than me and expect me to vote to put you in a position that puts my affairs at your mercy.

There are very good igbos, I am in business today because of some of them, but the constantly chest beating by a miscreant few will make people to continually be paranoid of the igbos.

It is sad but fact.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 00FFT00(m): 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
Solocoin:

When you're done thinking with your ears you clap for yourself.
Did they force him? He is the only one that is poor? Why accept to do something and reaching there he turn around? With someone who live in the city of Lagos and was engaged in selling of phone accessories. He knows what he's doing. He was just looking for an easy way of getting a visa.

You are absolutely right about his culpability, and if you read through my submission, you will find that I did not seek to exculpate him in any way. Now, that being said, none of that makes the Ekweremadu's less culpable in the eyes of the law.

Let me return to thinking with my ears and clapping for myself jare.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by BigIyanga: 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
oliverwrites:
It is why so many people are paranoid of them. You can't constantly tell me you are better than me and expect me to vote to put you in a position that puts my affairs at your mercy.

There are very good igbos, I am in business today because of some of them, but the constantly chest beating by a miscreant few will make people to continually be paranoid of the igbos.

It is sad but fact.
Stop this nonsense. Too many from his state hate him and are OK witj that he's passing thru. You guys have to differentiate btw online fighters vs real on-the-ground fighters
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by justie75: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
He Should Rot In Jail For Been Heartless and DubiousHe Should Rot In Jail For Been Heartless and Dubious...

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by macrodata(m): 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad
who be this Goatee? No let me use clipper trim your useless mouth oh!
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by ofuonyebi: 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
summary:
EKWEREMADU & BEAUTRICE JUST SAVE YOUR DAUTHERS LIFE BY KILLING A FATHERLES & MOTHERLESS HUNRY BOY
BUT THANK GOD ALWAYS FOR THE LAW OF KAMA!

A BIG LESSON FOR THE FEARFUL NIGERIAN COURTS
AND THE WEATHY AND AROGANT & SHAMELESS POLITICIANS

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
You people don't know that the British people have laws guilding everything.

This man will not come out of this anytime soon.

He obviously tricked that young man with the promise of a better life. Nigerian lawyers can't defend him with their Nigerian mindset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Nchenches: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
Why does UK join the Buhari's steering the government of Nigeria in tormenting Ike Ekweremadu, his wife and even his daughter suffering kidney disease?
UK needs to understand that Ekweremadu and Saraki taking over Nigeria's Senate in 2015 is reason the Buhari's are using the case as vendetta against Ekweremadu.
Saraki was even framed later by the Buhari government as an armed robber, a laughable frame up.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Landowner101(m): 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:
sad sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad
Muslim yahoo boy wey dey disguise 🥸🥸

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Originalsly:

The prosecution did research and found out he was born in a village and Ihis birth was not recorded.... the reason for him not having a DOB nor knowing bis exact age. The only way for the defence can give problems on this point is to produce his birth certificate or some record of birth. Will they risk family that?
The doctors that tested him in Nigeria ... did they tell him the truth about what he was tested for?... and why? Do you really believe any of them will want to take the stand and bear witness in this case?
No doubt... the law for donors may be similar to that for surrogate mothers. And yes... there is a thin line between payment and financial support... but this is not about payment ... which carries a sentence of 3 years max ... this is about trafficking and exploitation which is a specific charge.Why would you say it is non specific? He used false information to get they guy into the country .... that's trafficking .... and the purpose was to harvest his kidney ... which is illegal.... different from if the kidney was donated... exploitation. He had full control of the guy in the UK ... slavery.
He is not going to get out of this. We should reflect on how many Nigerians... especially young people... go to hospitals for belly pains and are often told minor surgery is required. Do they really know what the surgeons went in and removed? They should go and check and see if they have both kidneys.... many would be shocked.

He is not getting out of this .. and he dare not try getting the guy to change the story.

Every rope has an end.

Oga, it's true that i hate politicians for looting our common good.

But that guy knew what he was going to the UK to do.

Ekweremmadu wrote a letter to the embassy to that effect.

He only reneged on the agreement.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by BigIyanga: 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
LagosInter:

Oga, it's true that i hate politicians for looting our common good.

But that guy knew what he was going to the UK to do.

Ekweremmadu wrote a letter to the embassy to that effect.

He only reneged on the agreement.

Keep talking nonsense like a typical Naija. He knew it was illegal to pay for any organ.. had to make the guy lie about their blood relationship. An agreement btw 2 parties that violates UK Laws, is considered void.. with no effect. An absolute nullity!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by alphaNomega: 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
BigIyanga:

Keep talking nonsense like a typical Naija. He knew it was illegal to pay for any organ.. had to make the guy lie about their blood relationship. An agreement btw 2 parties that violates UK Laws, is considered void.. with no effect. An absolute nullity!

Thank you for clearing the air. The parties involved will face the law

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by MeineMutter: 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2023
36STATES:
There is absolutely no case here and the court will throw away this case within weeks. All these talk of controlling the young man and claiming he doesn't know his age is where the prosecutors have problem. The doctors in Nigeria that assessed him before he went to U.K are going to debunk the lies that he didn't fully know why he went to U.K.

On issue of money for organ donor, the law is fluid in that regard. It is like the law around surrogate mothers, it is illegal to pay them, but it is recognised that you have to support them financially. So there is a thin line between payment and financially support.

Why are they charging them with human trafficking and exploitation, which is another none specific charge? I think it is because they are trying to see which of their week claims will stick.

The prosecutor must have seen incriminating evidences on Madu’s and his wife’s phone downloads.

3 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by MeineMutter: 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
NEUDUDE:
How would you buy somebody kidney for 3.5 million in this day and after looting their lives and not call yourself wicked.

This guy deserves to be shot dead. 3.5million is disturbing. Do you know how much ordinary car just luxury car this man drives is worth.

3.5 million. If the boy eat, renthouse, treat himself how much go remain.

Most black people are devils, i tell you. If e doesnt have now i will understand. But a whole theiving politician buying kidney for 3.5 million naira. Wow terrible

The kidney agent fit don get im own cut but all the same, 3.5m is ridiculously small. Average black market rate of kidney goes for, between $120,000 and $400,000. That’s like N90,000,000 and N300,000,000, respectively, using Aboki rate of N750/$1.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1Sharon(f): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Modern slavery! I fucking called it.

They had no intentions of paying that boy.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1Sharon(f): 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
spiralwedge:
I love British press.

It's like reading a textbook.

You can't read this and still make d.umb comment, because everything is explained there.

It is straightforward. The whole family is going down. I don't support evil or Nigerian politicians, because they are like 5&6. But they could have chosen somewhere else like India or Pakistan.

Yes India or even Turkey.

If they had any intentions to pay the boy they wouldn't be charged with slavery.

They might have just done the 3 years for organ trafficking now look at them..due to their own wickedness. They are being charged with modern slavery on top

Even when our people are rich they still do aka gum.

Na Africans dey do Africans.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1Sharon(f): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
ednut1:
Blacks abroad rarely donate their organs thereby making those needing organs wait for years or even die before getting a donor. The man attempted shortcut and will pay dearly for it

That's the selfishness of our people. They don't donate blood either.

But in their time of need I'm sure they'd like to receive blood or organs with open arms.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Singlenhappy(f): 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
(Britain) heaven on earth-- in Nigeria he is an untouchable human but thank God the God of the poor guy caught up with all their smartness!
Corrinthians:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/02/07/uk-prosecutors-accuse-ekweremadu-of-attempting-to-buy-kidney-for-7000/
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Singlenhappy(f): 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
Don't forget he is of the Igbo stock, Enugu for that matter, they rather die than help a fellow human.
1Sharon:

Yes India or even Turkey.

If they had any intentions to pay the boy they wouldn't be charged with slavery.

They might have just done the 3 years for organ trafficking now look at them..due to their own wickedness. They are being charged with modern slavery on top

Even when our people are rich they still do aka gum.

Na Africans dey do Africans.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Bigheart042(m): 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
GOTVee:

Count me out with your stupid we Nigerian Christian....
As if u are truly a Christian..
Wolfs in sheep clothing..
Philistines claiming Christianity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by Maski87: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
You forgot to mention that we Nigeria Christians also support Muslim, Muslim ticket
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by BigIyanga: 2:08am On Feb 08, 2023
1Sharon:
Modern slavery! I fucking called it.

They had no intentions of paying that boy.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:26am On Feb 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

Have you read the latest news from the trial, Bro? These guys falsified the visa applications, saying that the donor was a close cousin of theirs. Sonia even took pictures with him to fool hospital staff but it didn’t work. It gets deeper by the day with the more news that’s released.

Did you also see that a Nigerian lady working at the hospital offered to help asa translator and was going to lie about what the young guy was saying, turning it in Ike’s favor for €1500. Crooks.

2 Likes

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:29am On Feb 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

Exactly

They weren’t going to pay him and they were going to force him to be their househelp in exchange for a little food and bed, no money. When he complained, I bet they were going to threaten him by saying they’d call authorities and have him sent back to Nigeria. Wicked people!

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:33am On Feb 08, 2023
MeineMutter:

The prosecutor must have seen incriminating evidences on Madu’s and his wife’s phone downloads.

That’s exactly what happened. The prosecutor has their WhatsApp messages, text messages, emails, and phone records.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:40am On Feb 08, 2023
philisto:
Free EKWEREMADU

He will be freed—-in 5-10 years.
Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by GloriousGbola: 3:48am On Feb 08, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

That’s exactly what happened. The prosecutor has their WhatsApp messages, text messages, emails, and phone records.

unironically why you should simply consider wiping your device when you travel abroad.

for my fellow nigerians, this is what an investigation actually looks like
not the nonsense media trial of efcc where so many ts are uncrossed, is are undotted and an ekeremadu can easily beat the case on technicalities.

1 Like

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by BigIyanga: 3:59am On Feb 08, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Have you read the latest news from the trial, Bro? These guys falsified the visa applications, saying that the donor was a close cousin of theirs. Sonia even took pictures with him to fool hospital staff but it didn’t work. It gets deeper by the day with the more news that’s released.

Did you also see that a Nigerian lady working at the hospital offered to help asa translator and was going to lie about what the young guy was saying, turning it in Ike’s favor for €1500. Crooks.
Ultra-wicked and soulless people . Amadioha and Sango -protector of the poor are fighting for the unheard and forgotten homeless boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:59am On Feb 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

unironically why you should simply consider wiping your device when you travel abroad.

for my fellow nigerians, this is what an investigation actually looks like
not the nonsense media trial of efcc where so many ts are uncrossed, is are undotted and an ekeremadu can easily beat the case on technicalities.

Ha!

Here is the latest update, including the family’s messages read by the Prosecution:
https://www.nairaland.com/7559383/ekweremadu-trial-update-more-accomplices

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / Twitter User Exposes Saraki Links With Anti PMB US Group / Farooq Kperogi: Nigerians Fight For God But Can’t Fight For Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.