Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me (22461 Views)

Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / Man Dances With Salsa Instructor, Wife Takes Him Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Mobog(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

Truth be told, I am the only son of my Mother and the last born at that. Before I got married my Mom is my best best friend and I share every idea and secrets with her. But I think she is trying to bring that dominance as a Mother into my home, I am not against it, but they should be boundaries that's all. Thanks for ur advice. We all will make amends.

I'm the last born too, I love your stand and please you've created your space don't be a weak man. Just call her as if nothing happened and visit her to say hi whenever you're around. My mom tried the same thing with me but I no let am cold before I told her how I want things done in my home.

Sometimes this our partners are tired of the way their mother-in-law put mouth in their marital life but because of the African fear of being rejected by them they accept it as it comes. If you continue like that uhm, your sisters will rule your home join.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by youngrhosy(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Seriously, u are lucky, for ur wife to be so close to ur mum. 90% of women nowadays only listen to their own mom rather than their husband, which will surely lead to something else, So, if it is ur mom dat she is close to, you are still good to go. Itz nw left for you to use ur wisdom as man to balance the issue.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by chatinent: 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Did you specify the time it should be carried out?
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by zolajpower: 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
thesicilian:
You should be happy it's your mom and not her own.

But on a more serious note, from your own explanation it seems you're overreacting
He's shot tempered dim wit . How on earth will he behave like that to his mom? Now the poor wife is in the middle of it all . Stupid guy
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by CoolAmbience(m): 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders.l; let me go straight to the point. I work off-shore so most of the times I am not always around, some times I can be at work for three months and be given one or two weeks time- off that's just the nature of my job.

But they is something troubling me seriously, when I give my wife instructions regarding anything at all she will first of all ask my Mom before she carries out the instruction I give her, that's if my Mom is in support of the instruction. Recently I gave her an instruction regarding a particular matter while I was on time-off, only for my wife to call me fee weeks later that she has carried out the instruction when the time I told her to carry out that instruction is not yet. I was so mad at her I asked her why can't she wait till the time I told her to do it; she said my Mom came over to the house and told her to do it so she did it. At that point I cut the call.

Later that day my Mom called me and was asking why I cut the call on my wife and refused to pick her call even why she was calling back, I told her she was the course, and she said how, and I told her why will I give my wife instruction and u will come to counter that instruction without the both of u letting me know not after the did has been done. My Mom was angry that can't she have say in my home, I told her to an extent not to the point of countering my instructions. She was very angry we both had some argument on the phone before I told her am late for work I want to cut and she hang up, she knows I was seriously angry with her. Since that day she hasn't called me and I haven't called her too.

My wife called me and apologized that it won't happen again. I forgive her and we both made amend. Now my Mom is not talking to me and my wife at the moment. Please what I did was it wrong or did I over reacted?

I love and respect my Mom likewise my wife, but I won't want her to control my home for me. Should I call her and apologize to her or just let her be till her mind comes down?

This is not an issue.

Let her be, when she taya, she go come around.

There is nothing wrong with what you did.

Women wahala no dey finish.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by correctguy101(m): 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Bros you should understand that your wife needs someone close by to run things through before she can her decide on what to do.

The bottom line is she carried out your instructions but earlier than you planned.

On the other hand, tell your wife to inform you if she plans to amend any part of your instructions that seem unclear, instead of running it through a third party in this case your mum.

Would you have preferred she runs it through her own Mum, or somebody else?

Lesson: stop leaving your wife to live alone...if your mum no dey to be her company, neighbour go take over, your friend sef fit take over.

Loneliness is the enemy of a married woman

Fact of life.

But life won't let everyone have it sweet. If OP leave this his current work, wetin Dem go chop till he gets anoda work?

Still, the man better thank his stars that the third party here happens to be his own mum. He just has to have a serious h2h with his woman.

There's nothing he can do but to apologise for trying to correct his mum grin grin grin

That's how we roll in Africa. Whether you're wrong or right, you don't argue with the elders grin grin angry angry grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by CoolAmbience(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2023
Beremx:
You reconciled with your wife and left your mum angry. Now she's angry with both of you.
Your mum shouldn't be interfering in your marriage though. Try and reconcile with her

Reconcile with her?

What she was doing was wrong.

You don't undermine your son before his wife.

There is no wisdom in doing so, as it will always result in situations like this.

He should let her stay angry for as long as she needs, to realize that she was wrong.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by greatefa1011(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
Foundation.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Mina79(f): 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders.l; let me go straight to the point. I work off-shore so most of the times I am not always around, some times I can be at work for three months and be given one or two weeks time- off that's just the nature of my job.

But they is something troubling me seriously, when I give my wife instructions regarding anything at all she will first of all ask my Mom before she carries out the instruction I give her, that's if my Mom is in support of the instruction. Recently I gave her an instruction regarding a particular matter while I was on time-off, only for my wife to call me fee weeks later that she has carried out the instruction when the time I told her to carry out that instruction is not yet. I was so mad at her I asked her why can't she wait till the time I told her to do it; she said my Mom came over to the house and told her to do it so she did it. At that point I cut the call.

Later that day my Mom called me and was asking why I cut the call on my wife and refused to pick her call even why she was calling back, I told her she was the course, and she said how, and I told her why will I give my wife instruction and u will come to counter that instruction without the both of u letting me know not after the did has been done. My Mom was angry that can't she have say in my home, I told her to an extent not to the point of countering my instructions. She was very angry we both had some argument on the phone before I told her am late for work I want to cut and she hang up, she knows I was seriously angry with her. Since that day she hasn't called me and I haven't called her too.

My wife called me and apologized that it won't happen again. I forgive her and we both made amend. Now my Mom is not talking to me and my wife at the moment. Please what I did was it wrong or did I over reacted?

I love and respect my Mom likewise my wife, but I won't want her to control my home for me. Should I call her and apologize to her or just let her be till her mind comes down?
Ain't you lucky she is not taking instructions from her own mother instead?
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by ACE1010: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Bros you should understand that your wife needs someone close by to run things through before she can her decide on what to do.

The bottom line is she carried out your instructions but earlier than you planned.

On the other hand, tell your wife to inform you if she plans to amend any part of your instructions that seem unclear, instead of running it through a third party in this case your mum.

Lesson: stop leaving your wife to live alone...if your mum no dey to be her company, neighbour go take over, your friend sef fit take over.

Lack of money and joblessness of husbands are worse enemies of women.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by destiny4luv(m): 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mobog:

I'm the last born too, I love your stand and please you've created your space don't be a weak man. Just call her as if nothing happened and visit her to say hi whenever you're around. My mom tried the same thing with me but I no let am cold before I told her how I want things done in my home.

Sometimes this our partners are tired of the way their mother-in-law put mouth in their marital life but because of the African fear of being rejected by them they accept it as it comes. If you continue like that uhm, your sisters will rule your home join.

True talk brotherly, will definitely follow ur advice. Respect.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by mylove4God(f): 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
@OP, your wife sabi grin. She knows is not only a man that marries a woman.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by iInjureHerYansh: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

Ask yourself when you was growing up did your father allow his mom to be controlling his home?
There you will have your answer
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by DONORJIR(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
See Better woman, is she single shocked
Saintmary:

Take some time before you apologize to your mother with gifts.

What you did was right, a man is the leader of his home, Grandma should understand and respect your position

As for your wife, she is very wrong to discuss your private matters with your Mom, a mature woman will know how to balance things, so, give her stern warning before you let the matter go.

You have done no wrong here except for your heated argument with your Mom.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by phemmyfour: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

The day your mum and your wife are not in agreement....you will revisit this post and which things were like this
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by ambale(m): 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
Aklee4994:
I just Dey read comment that guy f**k up πŸ†™ big time...I do call this kind of people MUGU claiming hard guy.

Modified:The werey guy Dey work offshore and still want everything to be done perfectly...An ungrateful MUGU.it’s takes God intervention for two WOMAN to disagree and agree..

Asin person wey suppose dey do Thanksgiving every Sunday say two women for him life are pals

Make he wait until them show am the other side of life now πŸ˜‚
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Saintmary(f): 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
DONORJIR:
See Better woman, is she single shocked

Eyah, she is somebody's wife o.

But God will give you your own.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Saintmary(f): 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
ambale:

The guy is lucky his wife took his mom has her best friend

By the time she choose another bestie we go hear the result

It's okay to be on good terms with a mother-in-law, but if a wife is too close, it's not good.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Baolak(m): 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

So what should he have done, Considering the nature of his offshore job?
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by destiny4luv(m): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
ambale:

Asin person wey suppose dey do Thanksgiving every Sunday say two women for him life are pals

Make he wait until them show am the other side of life now πŸ˜‚

U guys should be calming down small nah. I hear all the advice and insults, I appreciate everyone for their contribution. Will definitely make amends.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Isabi4lov: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
Had it been it was her own mother this place will be on fire grin grin
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by gasparpisciotta: 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
Baolak:

So what should he have done, Considering the nature of his offshore job?

Talk to the wife and manage the Mum better
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Mobog(m): 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

True talk brotherly, will definitely follow ur advice. Respect.

Expect more of such before it stops. If your mom noticed you're always on your stand she will call you to take permission before entering your marital affairs.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by chris51(f): 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Saintmary:

Take some time before you apologize to your mother with gifts.

What you did was right, a man is the leader of his home, Grandma should understand and respect your position

As for your wife, she is very wrong to discuss your private matters with your Mom, a mature woman will know how to balance things, so, give her stern warning before you let the matter go.

You have done no wrong here except for your heated argument with your Mom.

He is lucky his wife gets on with his mother. With time he and his mother will sort out their problem.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Ndidi2: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
thesicilian:
You should be happy it's your mom and not her own.

But on a more serious note, from your own explanation it seems you're overreacting
Gbam

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by chris51(f): 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
chris51:

He is lucky his wife gets on with his mother. With time he and his mother will sort out their problem.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Bioko2: 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

Your mom will always be your boss whether you like it or not....you should be grateful your wife isn't taking instructions from her own mother insteadcheesy
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by ambale(m): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

U guys should be calming down small nah. I hear all the advice and insults, I appreciate everyone for their contribution. Will definitely make amends.

Please do

Your wife is a good woman to have made your mum her confidant

Just try talk things with your mum privately to reduce her influence cos if you allow the worldly girls to make friends with your hand

It's will be gone like otilo oooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Bioko2: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
chris51:

He doesn't know how lucky he is lol grin
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Collins4u1(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lolz

this man just dey whine me..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sick Homeless Man Spotted In Gwarimpa, Abuja (Photos) / Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! / Divorce: Court Dissolves Asiya Ganduje & Inuwa Uba's Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.