Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me (22463 Views)

Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / Man Dances With Salsa Instructor, Wife Takes Him Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Babatojide: 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2023
MEANS YOU ARE BLESSED FOR YOUR WOMAN SEES AND TAKE YOUR MOM AS HER OWN
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Mattwillz: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
OP stand in front of a mirror.
See?

You look like a weakling.
If seun no give you nairalander member of the year award eh..i go deactivate my account
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by nautybride: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
freshkpomo:

She is a wise woman. So it's left for you to be a wise man and take her far from your Mom if you are not comfortable with it.

Modified: OP na boy You still be. Things like this can cause a bug gap in your family and then they will tag your wife the bad person which the poor woman have been trying to avoid.
Wise reply sir. Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you.
The woman wants her marriage to last, she knows the man loves his mom.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by AdiDami: 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kindly learn to use tenses correctly:
It's not "you look like a weakling" but "you are a weakling"
Lol.
VeryWickedMan:
See?

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by blackgold2018(m): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
See?

will you shut up!!

You just reasoned like an inexperienced child

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Sweetvie: 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
Winters23:
grin

[/b]You mean your mum hijacked your marriage?[b]

Maybe wife figured you're still a boy. Don't worry mami will release your wife to you when you become a man.
grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Lovelyn451(f): 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

Truth be told, I am the only son of my Mother and the last born at that. Before I got married my Mom is my best best friend and I share every idea and secrets with her. But I think she is trying to bring that dominance as a Mother into my home, I am not against it, but they should be boundaries that's all. Thanks for ur advice. We all will make amends.
see am, you're a mummy's boy and you want to put your innocent wife and Almighty mama at loggerhead...las las una go use her settle...poor wify
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Sweetvie: 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
I think your wife is just trying to please your mom.

Yunno, the good wife title grin
You can easily figure out what is going on. Your wife is a wise woman... It's left for you to act if you're the man of the house or your mom.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by destiny4luv(m): 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
Collins4u1:
Lolz

this man just dey whine me..
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Sisib15: 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
I would advise that you take action and let your mom know her place in your marriage. She should not meddle in you people's affairs. One of my uncle has a similar story when he got married to his wife he was taking charge the way he could, gradually his mom started controlling the marriage by giving the wife money for upkeep. It got to a stage that my uncle's mom never wanted to see his son again, like she disowned him and took the wife as her child. My uncle has left the house for the wife now
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Saintmary(f): 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
chris51:

He is lucky his wife gets on with his mother. With time he and his mother will sort out their problem.

Read my post again, what the wife needs is balance.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by destiny4luv(m): 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sisib15:
I would advise that you take action and let your mom know her place in your marriage. She should not meddle in you people's affairs. One of my uncle has a similar story when he got married to his wife he was taking charge the way he could, gradually his mom started controlling the marriage by giving the wife money for upkeep. It got to a stage that my uncle's mom never wanted to see his son again, like she disowned him and took the wife as her child. My uncle has left the house for the wife now

Quite touching, but mine can't get to that. I provide for my family including my parents I pay all the bills, thanks to God for His Grace and Sufficiency. My Mom just want to take charge of my life like she use to do while I was still single, that I am trying to change now. Thanks for ur contribution.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by alphaNomega: 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders.l; let me go straight to the point. I work off-shore so most of the times I am not always around, some times I can be at work for three months and be given one or two weeks time- off that's just the nature of my job.

But they is something troubling me seriously, when I give my wife instructions regarding anything at all she will first of all ask my Mom before she carries out the instruction I give her, that's if my Mom is in support of the instruction. Recently I gave her an instruction regarding a particular matter while I was on time-off, only for my wife to call me fee weeks later that she has carried out the instruction when the time I told her to carry out that instruction is not yet. I was so mad at her I asked her why can't she wait till the time I told her to do it; she said my Mom came over to the house and told her to do it so she did it. At that point I cut the call.

Later that day my Mom called me and was asking why I cut the call on my wife and refused to pick her call even why she was calling back, I told her she was the course, and she said how, and I told her why will I give my wife instruction and u will come to counter that instruction without the both of u letting me know not after the did has been done. My Mom was angry that can't she have say in my home, I told her to an extent not to the point of countering my instructions. She was very angry we both had some argument on the phone before I told her am late for work I want to cut and she hang up, she knows I was seriously angry with her. Since that day she hasn't called me and I haven't called her too.

My wife called me and apologized that it won't happen again. I forgive her and we both made amend. Now my Mom is not talking to me and my wife at the moment. Please what I did was it wrong or did I over reacted?

I love and respect my Mom likewise my wife, but I won't want her to control my home for me. Should I call her and apologize to her or just let her be till her mind comes down?

You should know that your mother will ALWAYS have your best interest at heart. She is not trying to control you. FFS talk to her and find a good solution.

I do not know what the matter is and I do not care to find out. Stop causing trouble where you have peace

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by deltateam: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders.l; let me go straight to the point. I work off-shore so most of the times I am not always around, some times I can be at work for three months and be given one or two weeks time- off that's just the nature of my job.

But they is something troubling me seriously, when I give my wife instructions regarding anything at all she will first of all ask my Mom before she carries out the instruction I give her, that's if my Mom is in support of the instruction. Recently I gave her an instruction regarding a particular matter while I was on time-off, only for my wife to call me fee weeks later that she has carried out the instruction when the time I told her to carry out that instruction is not yet. I was so mad at her I asked her why can't she wait till the time I told her to do it; she said my Mom came over to the house and told her to do it so she did it. At that point I cut the call.

Later that day my Mom called me and was asking why I cut the call on my wife and refused to pick her call even why she was calling back, I told her she was the course, and she said how, and I told her why will I give my wife instruction and u will come to counter that instruction without the both of u letting me know not after the did has been done. My Mom was angry that can't she have say in my home, I told her to an extent not to the point of countering my instructions. She was very angry we both had some argument on the phone before I told her am late for work I want to cut and she hang up, she knows I was seriously angry with her. Since that day she hasn't called me and I haven't called her too.

My wife called me and apologized that it won't happen again. I forgive her and we both made amend. Now my Mom is not talking to me and my wife at the moment. Please what I did was it wrong or did I over reacted?

I love and respect my Mom likewise my wife, but I won't want her to control my home for me. Should I call her and apologize to her or just let her be till her mind comes down?

No need to apologise. Every man should man up to run his home. Apologizing means you are encouraging the action but you should not stop carrying out your duties towards your mum.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by IamtheTruth1(m): 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

Dem marry wife for you?
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by deltateam: 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
thesicilian:
You should be happy it's your mom and not her own.

But on a more serious note, from your own explanation it seems you're overreacting

He is not over reacting. These are things if not well checked can cause divorce.

Go and run your own home.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by okoroemeka(m): 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

that is how my wife use to do for the first 11 years before my mother died,infact she was my mum's driver and drops her off to work before going to school,your mother is the only woman that truly loves you,let them work together,it is better she listens to your mother than wishing her dead

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by oluplus(m): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
freshkpomo:

She is a wise woman. So it's left for you to be a wise man and take her far from your Mom if you are not comfortable with it.

Modified: OP na boy You still be. Things like this can cause a bug gap in your family and then they will tag your wife the bad person which the poor woman have been trying to avoid.

I don't think she's a wise woman. Hubby discussed something with her, then she discussed with a third party. That is foolishness. When the mother changed the plan, a wise woman would have updated her hubby about the development.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Starships4u(m): 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
Saintmary:

Take some time before you apologize to your mother with gifts.

What you did was right, a man is the leader of his home, Grandma should understand and respect your position

As for your wife, she is very wrong to discuss your private matters with your Mom, a mature woman will know how to balance things, so, give her stern warning before you let the matter go.

You have done no wrong here except for your heated argument with your Mom.

This yhur comment put a smile on my face....
Gracias...

No matter who's mom it is, he heads his house and should be accorded same respect...
Imagine if the girls dad gives him instructions and he does just that how his mom would be feeling....
Some mother's over do sha....
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by thesicilian: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
deltateam:

He is not over reacting. These are things if not well checked can cause divorce.

Go and run your own home.
am i currently running yours? bloody kid!

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Maxhappy01(m): 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

you are lucky. pls don't allow the sleeping dog to wake up.pls for God sake allow your wife to relate very well with your immediate family. be careful ooohhh!!!
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

I love and respect my Mom...

Treat people how they treat you, perhaps even worse.

Clearly, your mum doesn't respect you. Change am for am.

Respect is reciprocal...

She will NEVER change if you don't put your foot down. She has to back down, not you.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by dnawah(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:

shocked shocked incroyable mais vrai !! What a bond? some girls will want their mother in-laws die.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by doggedfighter(f): 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Your wife and mum are happily collaboing and you are complaining. Definitely another redpiller making up a story.

🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by deltateam: 6:21am On Feb 08, 2023
thesicilian:

am i currently running yours? bloody kid!

Shouting on a social forum clearly shows who's a kid.

Now crawl back to your hole.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by 9ja083: 6:57am On Feb 08, 2023
Saintmary:

Take some time before you apologize to your mother with gifts.

What you did was right, a man is the leader of his home, Grandma should understand and respect your position

As for your wife, she is very wrong to discuss your private matters with your Mom, a mature woman will know how to balance things, so, give her stern warning before you let the matter go.

You have done no wrong here except for your heated argument with your Mom.

There are men that can’t keep secret. They will tell their wife not to tell mother anything but they will still be the one to run to her and to discuss everything as usual there by making the wife look stupid.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by destiny4luv(m): 7:57am On Feb 08, 2023
deltateam:

🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by lucky4west: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2023
your wife is smart, it is better to be at peace with your mum than to be at war with her, you are the love of her life you will can easily understand her, and since you are not away most times it is better she is in favor and agreement with your mum....you are over reacting...being close to your wife and even dictating for her gives your mum the feeling that she is still controlling you and very much in your life, by so doing she wont give your wife any trouble...your instructions was carried out earlier than expected and so what? relax jare
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by thesicilian: 10:16am On Feb 08, 2023
deltateam:

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Originalsly: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2023
Your mom should know better than to interfere in your marriage. Even if she didn't realize it ... she should've when you brought it up. She should be the one apologizing ... not you. Your apology should only be for arguing with her. Her not talking to you or your wife shows that she still believes she has the right to instruct your wife. Apologizing to her on the matter will be like you are sorry to challenge her instructions ... and give her the assurance that it is now OK by you for her to have authority over your wife. Let her. One around to you ... she will.... it's called tough love.most important .... focus on your wife.... warn her not to discuss your personal matters with anyone period.... it is a common practice that starts the breakdown of marriages. Bottom line ... your mother needs to respect your marriage period.

A man should leave his mother's house and cling to his wife.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by BluntCrazeMan: 5:40am On Feb 09, 2023
destiny4luv:

Na you cause am.

You're a Mommy's Boy.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Jacksparrow7(m): 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
destiny4luv:

tell your wife to inform you if she plans to amend any part of your instructions that seem unclear. What matters is that she does the right thing. That is why you are called partners.
Let your mom understand that your wife has say in the home before her (your mom). Your mom job is to guide her in the right choice. To figure things out with her daughter-in-law to find the right answer, then discuss it with you.
Partnership is not one-sided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sick Homeless Man Spotted In Gwarimpa, Abuja (Photos) / Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! / Divorce: Court Dissolves Asiya Ganduje & Inuwa Uba's Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.