Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity (42382 Views)

EFCC, ICPC Probe Depositors Of Old Naira At CBN Branch / Despite Ban, Abuja EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Federal Secretariat / EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Force Headquarters In Abuja, Demand To See IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Ewizy: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nigeria My Country.
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Midehi3(f): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
But I have not seen protest in the North

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Keegan: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
muykem:
You will not know that you are gradually becoming insane because of Tinubu. You see Tinubu in everything.

The hatred is real. They hate him than the way they hate Jubril Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by UncommonLogic: 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
According to the brainless retar@ded ipob Zombidient terrorists, they must be working for Tinubu. grin
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Maysdevices(f): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
SmartyPants:
Someone once said Nigerians are too docile for revolution. I laughed and told him that when the conditions are ripe you will hear from Nigerians.
He was right

Better stop living in delusions, the conditions have been too ripe since the 80’s. Everyone here is too afraid of risking their behinds for the collective good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
If not for the huge money Tinubu stole Tru bullion van during last election, all this problem will not happen ,

If Tinubu stole money thru bullion van, why did the govt not arrest him and prosecute him since 2019?

How is something you accuse Tinubu of doing in 2019 now responsible for the suffering nigerians are going thru in 2023?

4 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by SmartPolician: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
Dreal1247:
Somebody said that Endsars part 2 is loading. That statement is gradually being confirmed. Let the cash be made available. They cannot justify this madness. Any bank that is found wanting should be sanctioned.

Cash will be available in the coming weeks.

The problem is that we have an insensitive president who cares more about campaigning in Katsina than solving fuel and naira shortage issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by SmartyPants(m): 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
Maysdevices:
He was right

Better stop living in delusions. Everyone here is too afraid of risking their behinds for the collective good.

The ones blocking the CBN gate are doing what?

Speak for yourself aunty.

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Mandate2023: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
ogatboy:
Everyone should relax, once the 10th reach and no extension, everybody go behave

Wetin dis mumu dey talk😂dumb head

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
Well, I guess Emefele is just afraid of any act of bullion Van going into anybody's home this time .....

If two can be seen when it was just a support person, imagine how many will be seen when the support person is now the candidate.......

Too much corruption breeds very strict policies to stop nonsense from happening again....if not.....if not....hmmmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Angelfrost(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
This was exactly how EndSars started gathering momentum...

The same leaders are still sleeping on this till things really get out of hand again!

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by baralatie(m): 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
It is boiling o
Buhari the staying e dey cook o

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nbote:

That's why the government is working overtime to paint banks as the Villain. Banks aren't the ones who designed the notes, neither are they the ones who limited daily withdrawals to 20k. The APC complainants thru El Rufai admitted not enough money was printed

Right from the onset, this whole thing has been one big failure waiting to happen. Expecting this policy to succeed is like expecting to harvest crops on a farm when you didn't plant anything.

Emefiele ran away from the country about a month to the deadline he set. Who does that when you start something as sensitive as naira redesign and change?

To make matters worse, his deputy governors had no idea how much new naira notes were printed. It's either they were lying or they are incompetent just like Emefiele

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by easzypeaszy(m): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2023
Der Online brothers are suppotin the policy thinkin it a goal for Obi
Not knowin Obi himsef is too dumb n kept goin up n dwn abt d policy.
Tinubu dat hv the ppl in his heart came Early to takkle the issue n even called his own ppl out yet dey called him names

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Illegal1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Midehi3:
Rob ke, he moved the money
he moved the money frm ur father house abi?

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

If Tinubu stole money thru bullion van, why did the govt not arrest him and prosecute him since 2019?

How is something you accuse Tinubu of doing in 2019 now responsible for the suffering nigerians are going thru in 2023?

Do you live in Pluto or Mars

Government of which country

An APC national leader?.......lols .....

See how you are putting it as if you have forgotten about the impunities of recent Government ....lols
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Well, I guess Emefele is just afraid of any act of bullion Van going into anybody's home this time .....

If two can be seen when it was just a support person, imagine how many will be seen when the support person is now the candidate.......

Too much corruption breeds very strict policies to stop nonsense from happening again....if not.....if not....hmmmmm

What corruption are you referring to and how does the suffering of Nigerians justify the "strict policies" you say are bred for the corruption?

Is it the nigerians that are suffering that are responsible for the corruption?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Nbote(m): 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Right from the onset, this whole thing has been one big failure waiting to happen. Expecting this policy to succeed is like expecting to harvest crops on a farm when you didn't plant anything.

Emefiele ran away from the country about a month to the deadline he set. Who does that when you start something as sensitive as naira redesign and change?

To make matters worse, his deputy governors had no idea how much new naira notes were printed. It's either they were lying or they are incompetent just like Emefiele

Everyone was placed on a need to know basis. I'm sure the President and the CBN governor were trying to kip the lid on it to prevent politician and the allies in the CBN from hijacking the process

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by sofeo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nice move brothers
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

See how you are putting it as if you have forgotten about the impunities of recent Government ....lols

Did you read the post I responded to?

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nbote:

Everyone was placed on a need to know basis. I'm sure the President and the CBN governor were trying to kip the lid on it to prevent politician and the allies in the CBN from hijacking the process

What is the result of that "need to know basis"?
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Illegal1(m): 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
End sarz part 2 loading...

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Jubrilv(m): 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
Abeg leave that guy..... to type rubbish just dey hungry him grin grin grin grin

Illegal1:

he moved the money frm ur father house abi?

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by madapcmod: 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Der Online brothers are suppotin the policy thinkin it a goal for Obi
Not knowin Obi himsef is too dumb n kept goin up n dwn abt d policy.
Tinubu dat hv the ppl in his heart came Early to takkle the issue n even called his own ppl out yet dey called him names

Thiefnubuuu have which people at heart. The one that affected his rigging plans was the one he selfishly cried over. What about the fuel scarcity and high price affecting virtually everything since last year? Imagine buying a litre for 500, do you know the multiplier effect in market, transport etc?

Why didn't he cry over that?

No going back on February 10th deadline. We say No to bullion vans for vote buying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Since you don't live on Pluto or Mars, how come you are supporting the policy and you feel it is targeted at Tinubu?

Is he no longer the APC national leader?

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

What corruption are you referring to and how does the suffering of Nigerians justify the "strict policies" you say are bred for the corruption?

Is it the nigerians that are suffering that are responsible for the corruption
?

Read what I said line by line.....you will understand that Naira has been abused in so many ways through bullion Van by one man alone .....

For once , I have seen where Politicians are voicing out about the policy and my mind is telling me , they are now victims .....

See, anything that will make top politicians to cry is highly welcomed......

There is no better way to wipe off corruption that it won't make Nigerians to suffer for a while, so don't give me that insensitive look abeg....

FFk.....was busy barking , that Emefele wants to use the cash policy to stop Tinubu from wining the election.....

El ,rufai described them as cabals in the Villa...

Abeg, how does the cash Policy affect TINIBU?
And why are the top Politicians after Emefele ??

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Read what I said line by line.....you will understand that Naira has been abused in so many ways through bullion Van by one man alone .....

For once , I have seen where Politicians are voicing out about the policy and my mind is telling me , they are now victims .....

There is no better way to wipe off corruption that it won't make Nigerians to suffer for a while, so don't give me that insensitive look abeg....

I read what you typed line by line hence am asking you What corruption are you referring to and how does the suffering of Nigerians justify the "strict policies" you say are bred for the corruption?

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

I read what you typed line by line hence am asking you What corruption are you referring to and how does the suffering of Nigerians justify the "strict policies" you say are bred for the corruption?

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Faber(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
Benin City is a known City of revolution ask the British...if you do anyhow, you see anyhow for Edo State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria President Will No Longer Travel Abroad For Medicals – Aisha Buhari / Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.