Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity (42377 Views)

EFCC, ICPC Probe Depositors Of Old Naira At CBN Branch / Despite Ban, Abuja EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Federal Secretariat / EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Force Headquarters In Abuja, Demand To See IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lordprogress: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
I just dey imagine if everybody craze enter the banks go collect their money with force.
That would be the real anarchy. grin
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by SmartyPants(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Maysdevices:
LOL

A regular protest is a revolution to you? Real smartypants you are.

Please go and learn the real meaning of a ‘revolution’ before replying me or hold your peace.

Thanks.

Don't be stupid you little peanut-brained scallywag. You replied to me and not I to you. You have nothing to offer to warrant a reply from me ordinarily.

Secondly i didn't say the protest is a revolution. I said the protest is proof that, contrary to what you said, not all Nigerians are unwilling to take action, given that a protest is itself an action, and is often the precursor to full scale revolution.

Why not stick to a more familiar subject matter? I hear bbn is back. That should be more your speed.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by sultry69(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
If not for the huge money Tinubu stole Tru bullion van during last election, all this problem will not happen ,
Say na your papa money he stole,or your forsaken region money.

Go and collect you few litres kerosene and vote your useless polithiefcians in your forsaken land and afterwards,start blaming Tinubu who didn't know whether your useless grandfather exist or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Mccullum: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
The suffering is much, no how CBN won't extend it, or supreme court will compel her.

Judiciary have to rescue Nigerians from this untold hardship enhanced by CBN.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by sultry69(m): 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Racoon:
The bank managers and politicians are the main culprits not the central bank.
See this one,how much are they giving each commercial bank daily? 2millions,is it enough for customers, no.

Stop blaming the commercial banks,I have gone to banks 3 to 4times upper and last weeks and returned being frustrated,where banks reset their ATM to be dispensing just 2thousands Nara only for everybody irrespective of your demand.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Maysdevices(f): 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
SmartyPants:

Don't be stupid you little peanut-brained scallywag. You replied to me and not I to you. You have nothing to offer to warrant a reply from me ordinarily.

Secondly i didn't say the protest is a revolution. I said the protest is proof that, contrary to what you said, not all Nigerians are unwilling to take action, given that a protest is itself an action, and is often the precursor to full scale revolution.

Why not stick to a more familiar subject matter? I hear bbn is back. That should be more your speed.

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by princeade86(m): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
Emmy450:
you wan arrest your president??
no. Minister of petroleum

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Maysdevices(f): 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
SmartyPants:

Protests have been occurring since 1923 Aba women went naked for voting rights, it has never spilled into a revolution.

Which is citizens literally usurping a government by themselves. You really believe Nigerians can go to government house and sack the government officials there themselves?

Someone once said Nigerians are too docile for revolution. I laughed and told him that when the conditions are ripe you will hear from Nigerians.

These were your exact words.

I replied he was right, Nigerians are too docile for a revolution.

You asked me the Ones blocking the CBN gate are doing what?

I replied to you that they were having a protest, not a revolution.

Secondly i didn't say the protest is a revolution. I said the protest is proof that, contrary to what you said, not all Nigerians are unwilling to take action, given that a protest is itself an action, and is often the precursor to full scale revolution

NOWHERE DID YOU TYPE ANY OF THESE

NOT SURE WHY YOU TOOK YOUR PRECIOUS TIME TO TYPE THIS, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER ANYONE AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO WITH OUR CONVERSATION?

Not sure why you’re so angry or the reason for the insults, but the conversation was clear as day.

You should learn how to dialogue with other human beings. Your behavior is just appalling.
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by ufotunang: 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Buhari wants to finally destroy this country before he leaves... nawaoooo
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by newnigerdelta00: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
If not for the huge money Tinubu stole Tru bullion van during last election, all this problem will not happen ,

You are stupid, everything Tinubu....even the one your father stolen na Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Selfmotivated: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
ryloy:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/2023/02/protesters-occupy-cbn-entrance-in-benin-city-over-naira-scarcity/
This happens when you have two useless people in position Emefaile and buharmri
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by dalass(f): 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
madapcmod:
CBN started releasing these notes since last year. How come they are scarce? It shows these evil politicians bent on buying their way into Aso rock are amassing the new notes through their cronies in the commercial banks.

APC and Thieefnubu the spirits that kills at night and join the humans to come for condolence in the morning.

Let the politicians free the notes and let them circulate. We must elect a sound mind without any form of inducement.

The recent flop of their Katsina rally gave credence to the blow this redesign is giving their vote buying plans.

February 10th deadline is sacrosanct

Why wont you defend Emefiele. How do you expect a country of at least 300 million people to exchange new notes with old ones given the few surviving banks and few functional ATMS across the country within a month? UK planned 2 years for the same exercise ... Because they make policies with their people's welfare at heart, not this bald ostrich who will rot while alive.

They still printed the former naira notes till 2022. What was he thinking? Wasting money to print former notes,
? We still have mint former notes!

And all his excuses have been disproved. The Boko Haram/ISWAP/ terrorists have the new notes, the politicians have bank managers at their beck and call. So with this cash scarcity, only the poor are suffering. Let's stop deceiving ourselves and stop believing their cock and rooster stories.
He had 5ge new notes printed to steal whatever he's spent on his moribund presidential election. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Elidrisy20: 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2023
No be to protest ooo,na to set the building ablaze na him dem supposed do

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Graficient: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
Let all polithiefcians die of heart attack tonight
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Mylove55(f): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
fo.ol
Did he still your money

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Does that answer the questions?

Since you don't live on Pluto or Mars, how come you are supporting the policy and you feel it is targeted at Tinubu?

Is he no longer the APC national leader?

If Tinubu stole money thru bullion van, why did the govt not arrest him and prosecute him since 2019?

How is something you accuse Tinubu of doing in 2019 now responsible for the suffering nigerians are going thru in 2023?

Robot....you are programmed....there is nothing one can say that will make you stop asking this questions like copy and paste work
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Robot....you are programmed....there is nothing one can say that will make you stop asking this questions like copy and paste work

Does that answer the questions?

Since you don't live on Pluto or Mars, how come you are supporting the policy and you feel it is targeted at Tinubu?

Is he no longer the APC national leader?

If Tinubu stole money thru bullion van, why did the govt not arrest him and prosecute him since 2019?

How is something you accuse Tinubu of doing in 2019 now responsible for the suffering nigerians are going thru in 2023?

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Parachoko: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
dchamp234:
One thing you guys have failed to realize is that if the new not is not scars then it's aim will never be achieved. After the election everything will be fine...
Some of you are just very f....h

Dam!!

How can you guys be reasoning like these? 🤔

Una go just dey talk like person wey no get sense

Do you even know wetin dey go on for Nigeria at all?

Do you know in some banks, the highest you can withdraw from the ATM is just 2k?
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by johannu(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
Racoon:
The bank managers and politicians are the main culprits not the central bank.

A shallow analysis from a feeble mind.

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Alaga2222(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
Some people no get shishi for account oooo but nah them go carry the protest pass for head..
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by dchamp234(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
Parachoko:
Some of you are just very f....h

Dam!!

How can you guys be reasoning like these? 🤔

Una go just dey talk like person wey no get sense

Do you even know wetin dey go on for Nigeria at all?

Do you know in some banks, the highest you can withdraw from the ATM is just 2k?
I'm fully aware my brother, I live here in ojo Lagos, I know what the banks are doing cos I even went to the bank today, the 2k is for petty transactions, run the rest on transfer, that's the policy, this hopefully will minimize money laundry, kidnapping has reduced lately, terrorism will be trimmed, the economy will be improved, standard of livings Will be improved, you name it, let's support and cooperation with the cbn and FG and make Nigeria work again, though you don already tell me say I no get sense, I no mind, na you de lead 1:0 now but I go equalize.

1 Like

Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Afolue(m): 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good one..!

We just can’t be quiet at all these mess going on
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Abeyjide: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:

Must you mention Tinubu always? Honestly this kind hatred is part of the problem in this country.
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by tyinfinity: 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
Emefiele is working for Biafra agenda through obituary peter osu
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by tunapawizzy: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Yes this is where to go and run protests ......CBN, government, state of assembly, national assembly, make them do their jobs ...its pointless and needless going to burn branches of commercial banks up and down.
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by maasoap(m): 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Dreal1247:
Call him Atiku or Tinubu, they are together in this conspiracy. Part of the cabal is for Atiku while the remaining part is for Tinubu. Nigerians only have Mr Peter Obi. Vote wisely.

Unfortunately for Zombiedients, Obi is not in the race at all
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by maasoap(m): 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:

Oh! How did Buhari win in 2015 and 2019?
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by JOemmy(m): 11:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
Jubrilv:
MENTION ONE OR TWO BANK THAT WERE ROBBED BY TINUBU DURING LAST ELECTION

Tinibu that have already captured the entire Lagos State what he doesn't need to rob any bank.
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:27am On Feb 08, 2023
This protests is gaining momentum Lagos will be the last spark to ignite the flames
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Babathanks(m): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2023
Coolsperm:
Shebi all those your yeast governors are Saint?, you guys that cannot stay in your region because of bad thing but will always talk bad about ours
Re: Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity by Bearfruit(f): 9:12am On Feb 08, 2023
which northern state do you see protesting
they are getting easy Rosy, Christians it is your time on suffering. May Nothing Separate Us From The Love Of God!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Tinubu Meets With Mobil Executives (Photos) / List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 / Deposed Emir Sanusi Sues IGP, DSS DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.