Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Your Habits Will Ether Make Or Mar You (content 2️⃣) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Habits Will Ether Make Or Mar You (content 2️⃣) (205 Views)

Your Habit Will Ether Make Or Mar You (content 1️⃣) / Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Habits Will Ether Make Or Mar You (content 2️⃣) by AbPurelove(f): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
In the morning I talked about how you need to become a person of value In order to attract success.

But there was a tiny little detail I left out, and that was

How becoming a person of value is dependent on your DAILY HABITS.

But how?! you may ask

Let's go into it proper.

Firstly, A habit, in psychology is any regularly repeated behaviour that requires little or no thought and is learned rather than Natural.

A habit can be part of any activity, ranging from eating and sleeping to thinking and reacting and is developed through reinforcement and repetition.

Now how can your daily habit MAR(Destroy) you

There are TWO KIND of HABITS for a person striving for SUCCESS.

And that's BAD HABITS and GOOD HABITS

👉BAD HABITS are habits that takes you away from becoming a person of value Eg. Chatting with negative people, watching Netflix (and not productive videos), over eating, sleeping on duty, pressing your phone first thing in the morning, not working with time, always late. Etc

And

👉GOOD HABIT are habits that brings you closer to becoming a perosn of value Eg. Reading, exercising, watching productive videos, being time conscious, frugal
Etc.

Now! for you to become a person of value you need to cultivate the GOOD HABITS.

But what if you have one of these bad habits and want to change it to the good habit, how will you do so

For you to do that, you need to first of all know how habits form

It turns out that every habit starts with a psychological pattern called a "habit loop," which is a three-part process.

1️⃣ First, there is a CUE, or TRIGGER, that tells your brain to go into automatic mode and let a behavior happen.

2️⃣ Then there's the ACTION , which is the behavior itself, That's what we think about when we think about habits.

3️⃣ The third step, is the REWARD: something that your brain likes that helps it remember the "habit loop" in the future.

For example, let's say you want to form the habit of reading for 10 minutes every morning when you wake up.

You have to set an earlier alarm to wake you up, let's say 5:45 am. THAT'S YOUR TRIGGER.

You wake up and pick a book to read. THAT'S THE ACTION.

After reading the book for 10 minutes, you can then decide to touch your phone or go through your social media. THAT'S THE REWARD.

If you continue like this, having a TRIGGRR, the ACTION and then the REWARD attached to it, Soon and very quite enough you will form a habit of reading.

But that I made this example doesn't mean you only have to form one habit, You can collectively do what you want to do and then give yourself a reward at the end of the exercise.

Many have said it takes about 30 days of nonstop practice for you to form a habit

Others say 21 day, many others say it 60 days.

But that doesn't matter, What matters Is for you to be willing to do those things repeatedly.

And to be able to do that, You have to start small.

If you are somone who doesn't read before but want to become a reader, you can decide to read one page of a book per day.

That way the habit set isn't too big for you and your brian will welcome it.

One mistake people make is trying to jam Up and form different habits all at the same time.

It dosent work because, you brian and body will feel too overwhelmed and wouldn't want to continue.

And very soon in the 10th days or so you loose guard and miss your 'planned habit'

So start small and build that good habit that will help you become a PERSON of VALUE.

I hope this did justice to what I promised I will deliver.

Just like, comment and Share to let me know you got value.

#Ifunanyabonyi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Me Immediately I Started Selling Hot Products Online / Biden, 80, To Undergo Medical Checkup Ahead Reelection Bid / Learn Make Up Art In 6 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.