Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests (63935 Views)

Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by NoToPile: 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
My own question is are banks not supposed to have cash in their vaults anymore? I am talking about new notes, are they supposed to give all their currency to customers?

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by gfelo(m): 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
No wonder this mumu sterling bank send me email that we are in this together telling me all their fund transfer channel will be free till 18 Feb 23, not knowing that they have done the abominable.

Abeg make ICPC sell the bank to any micro finance bank.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BAZ001: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
jaxxy:

What of a single governor who took 500m cash new notes from a bank?

according to hell rufai

Thank you!
Politicians will still get the money or have already gotten billions of it already
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BAZ001: 10:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

It is enough when it is changing hands in minute to minute, hour to hour and day to day routine transactions done by the common man.

But can never be enough for greedy brainless politician who mop up the cash to stack up in his bedroom.

Exactly, the more reason the should have pushed it to branches immediately.
But it will only be enough if all the banks have 250 million to push out not just sterling and others are hoarding it
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by ejimatic: 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Shikini: 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
Chai
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BAZ001: 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Frezhkid10:

What the cbn is trying to do is to reduce cash in the economy…use other means!!!!

It’s difficult to be done at once,
They should have pushed enough of it to rural areas or spread it across the country.
All indications shows that the bulk of the money has been hijacked by politicians already
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Officialgarri:
CBN is actually the primary problem while the commercial banks are problems we deal with because we interact with them the most.

There have been seamless transition of notes from old to new more than 4 times in this country and even up till the Goodluck Jonathan's major note transition..and there have never been such chaos such as this

Worse of it all is that they did not only fail at cash transition, they decided to invoke panic when it's less than a month to an important election.

The pope has a finger in the pie and we can see Emiefele's full regalia
how do you suspect the pope in this?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by AngelicBeing: 10:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
modath:
No one fights corruption in 3mths... But let's watch where this will end..
Politicians already have this money... It's too late to assume this anti people policy will stop vote sales... It will be easier now... 1-2k per vote..
Buhari and Emefiele may have devised a sound idea but flawed execution will ensure its sure FAILURE..
Hian, modath still dey nairaland.com, Chai, I miss your analysis in politics section, welcome back shocked

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by treatise: 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:

U don't want to read ordinary first paragraph!
He reads only comments, nor blame am.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by farem: 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?

He who DOES NOT read has no advantage over he who CANNOT read!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Assassink: 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
Not reading might kill you one day

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by vRendoh(m): 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:

No picshure of Boobi
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
You know Sabi read again ni undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by aylagos(m): 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
Lapo bank

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by justmondris: 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
habsydiamond:
The politicians are not our problem in this situation.. it we the masses that are giving ourselves problems.. if the bankers can not follow a simply directive to give the money through atm to the masses... it shows that we all selfish if we are given the opportunity to be in the position of authority. The last time I check politicians no dey get vault for bank now.

And you think the masses gave them the order to stash the cash? Lolol the politicians are behind all the problems in Nigeria. When this issue links to Tinubu and they decided to arrest him, hope it will not be tagged witch hunting?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by justmondris: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good one. More bursting ahead.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
Blaze14k:
Banks are one of the problems we have in nigeria. If the federal government can put this same effort in every sector i believe nigeria will be a better place for u and i. But i must say i still dont trust buhari regardless of his effort. What did buhari, tambawal and bagudu really discuss at that meeting?
Ask Lai Mohammed , Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina grin grin grin
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Scamburster(m): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
habsydiamond:
The politicians are not our problem in this situation.. it we the masses that are giving ourselves problems.. if the bankers can not follow a simply directive to give the money through atm to the masses... it shows that we all selfish if we are given the opportunity to be in the position of authority. The last time I check politicians no dey get vault for bank now.
Oga when system is corrupt and bad every one tends to be more corrupt.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Slurity(m): 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
Are You human or robot? This is the most stupid question I have ever heard or read since I was born.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by mechanics(m): 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good one, bank managers are the real saboteurs of this naira redesign policy.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Confirmedzombie: 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Pls can someone told me which bank is this.
I pray is not my bank
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by shimolv: 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by DMerciful(m): 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Threy don't have 1/10th the money they'd have had. Why do you think they went to court? This is good for war against corruption
modath:
No one fights corruption in 3mths... But let's watch where this will end..
Politicians already have this money... It's too late to assume this anti people policy will stop vote sales... It will be easier now... 1-2k per vote..
Buhari and Emefiele may have devised a sound idea but flawed execution will ensure its sure FAILURE..
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by baralatie(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
psychologist:
What did you people said happened to zenith bank again cry
They close for biz
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Wickedfacts: 11:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

It is enough when it is changing hands in minute to minute, hour to hour and day to day routine transactions done by the common man.

But can never be enough for greedy politician who mop up the cash to stack up in his bedroom.

250M is nothing, stop glorifying poverty.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by baralatie(m): 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
NoToPile:
My own question is are banks not supposed to have cash in their vaults anymore? I am talking about new notes, are they supposed to give all their currency to customers?
Good question?
Which comes back to hunt the cbn undersupplied the new notes

Make we dey watch this drama
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by jasent(m): 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
Lazy microfinance bank. Their manager is a very useless man. I nearly beat him yesterday

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Lightorder: 11:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:

how do you expect a lagos motor boy to read. when thier master's move to get enough naira note to by mugus' vote is blocked.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by MrFly(m): 11:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
ur village bank. Cant u read and understand?

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by GENES11S: 11:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
BAZ001:
Imagine just 250 million naira at the head office in Abuja ?
250 million is not even enough for 1 branch of sterling in Lagos island for 1 week.
Thought it was billions

Sterling is a small bank.
If they had 250 mil, then other bank will aslo have something similar or more. Now sum all the fund given to all the banks...

The truth is if they (the banks) don't starch the cash, tension will not be so high.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Sunnyski: 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
This banks are wicked. They are keeping the money to give to the polithieftians for election. I am waiting to hear the death of a bank manager or staff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.