Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi (1290 Views)

Bullion Van Thieves Will Not Be Happy If I Become President - Obi At AY Show / Twitter On Fire Over President Obi's Visit To Sheikh Gumi / ‘those Who Say I Don’t Have Stamina Can Say Something Else Now’ — Buhari Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Eva2000: 9:03am On Feb 08, 2023
“If we get it wrong, nobody can tell what next will happen. In all I am doing, I will always wish Nigeria the best,” Mr Obi stressed.

NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA • FEBRUARY 8

Peter Obi, the presidential flag bearer on the platform of the Labour Party, says he wishes Nigeria well but expresses concern about what will happen next to Nigeria if he loses the February 25 presidential election.

A large turnout of voters at the poll would pave the way for Mr Obi’s victory, said a poll conducted by Nigeria’s data intelligence provider, Stears, describing the Labour Party standard-bearer as “Nigeria’s most popular presidential candidate.”

New Nextier, an Africa-focused consulting firm, also predicted that the ex-Anambra governor would win in February.

According to the Labour Party standard-bearer, the presidential poll is an existential election, and he urged everyone to be involved.

“If we get it wrong, nobody can tell what next will happen. In all I am doing, I will always wish Nigeria the best,” Mr Obi stressed. “I know you will, too and in doing that, I urge you to be part of the new Nigeria Datti, and I are fighting for.”

Mr Obi stated this at a public presentation of the book, ‘Peter Obi: Many Voices, One Perspective’ in Abuja.

He thanked the organisers of the book launch for believing in him and for choosing to be part of his efforts to see that a new Nigeria is possible and appealed to Nigerians to support him in turning Nigeria around by voting for him in the February 25 presidential election.

“We are committed to it; as I told all the supporters, we need people. We need all of you to support us, especially in these final days to reach the end of this phase. Nigeria has suffered a lot. This is a great country that can be turned around,” the former Anambra governor explained.

Mr Obi added, “We cannot succeed without your intervention, so as you launch this book, please be part of what we are doing to change Nigeria.”

(NAN)
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Dreal1247: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2023
No matter how you express your beef and anger against him there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by derecho(m): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2023
Bundle of Wisdom

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by SmartPolician: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2023
If Peter Obi loses, the suffering and smiling syndrome continues. This is something we are already used to. My biggest concern is that we are losing time. Just imagine how long it took the Arabs to develop Dubai (UAE), a one-time desert.

If they can turn Dubai into what it is today in about 40 years, then the black man should be deeply worried about where we are headed as a people because we are not making progress. That's why the rest of the world has no regards for people with black skin colour.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by gasparpisciotta: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2023
Dreal1247:
No matter how you express your beef and anger against him there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

Lol
He even has told them to withdraw his official car and driver that he prefers okada or tricycle because he needed to cut cost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:11am On Feb 08, 2023
Nobody can surely tell but let me guess

Tinubu WINS - Tinubu spends times in London hospital. Shettima in charge. Nigerians are asked to pray and not to mock a sick person. It's unAfrican. More bandits and Boko Haram attacks. Christians complain bitterly of Islamization. Igbos complain of marginalization. IPOB cash into the happening to lobby more Igbos that BIAFRA is the answer. Yorubas complain and accuse the north of Internationally coming to power through the back door. Yorubas nation agitators increases. More tensions, more sufferings. Tinubu reappears to calm the situation. He says nobody is God. They take him to isolation in Nigeria. Problem continues. Corruption at every corner.

Atiku wins - He uses EFCC against any perceived opponent. The South complain and accuse him of abadoning restructuring promises. He informs them it's the national assembly that restructures. He tries to better the life of citizens by opening border to calm down any challenges. He gets mores politicians detecting back to PDP. Fulani herdsmen become more emboldened and attack increases everywhere. There are accusations and counter accusations of embezzlements. Orji Uzo Kalu and other crooks defects back to PDP and are welcomed back home. Corruption becomes the order of the day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Waterysperm: 9:12am On Feb 08, 2023
Though I want Atiku to win but after carrying out my own projection, I realized that it is finished. Obi is the next president of Nigeria. Obi will defeat Atiku in four regions while Atiku will win him in two regions. No matter who ever wins, I will always wish Nigeria well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Exclusive101: 9:12am On Feb 08, 2023
https://twitter.com/Teeejaay2/status/1622717144768151557?t=LisKVPDSzlYM8-_oB3f_Og&s=08

Wetin this foolish failure de talk. Here is what Amechi as to say about the fool. We know each other, we are mate, you are saving money when there is no water road hospital etc
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by HumbleTrader: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2023
There's is a lot of work to be done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by SHIVA001: 9:14am On Feb 08, 2023
Oga nothing will happen if you don't become the president, you will only Go back to your Trader business in Anambra. Perriodt

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:16am On Feb 08, 2023
Nobody can surely tell but let me guess

Tinubu WINS - Tinubu spends times in London hospital. Shettima in charge. Nigerians are asked to pray and not to mock a sick person. It's unAfrican. More bandits and Boko Haram attacks. Christians complain bitterly of Islamization. Igbos complain of marginalization. IPOB cash into the happening to lobby more Igbos that BIAFRA is the answer. Yorubas complain and accuse the north of Internationally coming to power through the back door. Yorubas nation agitators increases. More tensions, more sufferings. Tinubu reappears to calm the situation. He says nobody is God. They take him to isolation in Nigeria. Problem continues. Corruption at every corner.

Atiku wins - He uses EFCC against any perceived opponent. The South complain and accuse him of abadoning restructuring promises. He informs them it's the national assembly that restructures. He tries to better the life of citizens by opening border to calm down any challenges. He gets mores politicians detecting back to PDP. Fulani herdsmen become more emboldened and attack increases everywhere. There are accusations and counter accusations of embezzlements. Orji Uzo Kalu and other crooks defects back to PDP and are welcomed back home. Corruption becomes the order of the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by optionalY09: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Obi is still a puppet to the cabals who endorsed him … so fvck the threat. As a matter of fact Nigeria doesn’t have to continue we all want out of this crap

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by traihit: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2023
Exclusive101:
https://twitter.com/Teeejaay2/status/1622717144768151557?t=LisKVPDSzlYM8-_oB3f_Og&s=08

Wetin this foolish failure de talk. Here is what Amechi as to say about the fool. We know each other, we are mate, you are saving money when there is no water road hospital etc

We will see what will happen to the trains Ameachi built when they could have invested heavily in education especially primary education.

It's just a matter of time and we will see whether history will be kind to Ameachi for borrowing money to build railway to Niger republic when coastal parts of Nigeria with more economic viability was ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by traihit: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2023
optionalY09:
Obi is still a puppet to the cabals who endorsed him … so fvck the threat. As a matter of fact Nigeria doesn’t have to continue we all want out of this crap

Who says Tinubu doesn't have a cabal of people that'll be ruling by proxy?

You want how of this crap right? Then vote someone that's new to the central order. Someone that'll be conscious of Nigerians' vote for him and not someone that'll think he got there because of his money and craftiness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by optionalY09: 9:32am On Feb 08, 2023
traihit:

Who says Tinubu doesn't have a cabal of people that'll be ruling by proxy?

You want how of this crap right? Then vote someone that's new to the central order. Someone that'll be conscious of Nigerians' vote for him and not someone that'll think he got there because of his money and craftiness.

Yes the AAC guy Sowore is not bad we can try him
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by GeneralPula: 9:33am On Feb 08, 2023
Dreal1247:

Lies upon lies..

You didn’t add wash off roads..

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by drlateef: 9:33am On Feb 08, 2023
This statement is a veiled threat to dismember Nigeria if he does not win. DSS should invite Obi to explain what he meant by that.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by PrinceOfLagos: 9:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Nigerians are solidly behind you sir, You will win Insha Allah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by PrinceOfLagos: 9:35am On Feb 08, 2023
drlateef:
This statement is a veiled threat to dismember Nigeria if he does not win. DSS should invite Obi to explain what he meant by that.
Your problem is comprehension

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Think9ja(m): 9:36am On Feb 08, 2023
What else will happen if not protests by disillusionall nincompoops?

Your defeat will so shock them that they'll resort to protests and destruction of properties just to show their frustrations

It will even be more shocking to them because the number of votes he'll score will be so poor that these dimwits will say it's rigging.

E go shock una

Atikowa 2023
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Vote4Obi: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2023
I can't even imagine Peter Obi not winning. No, God forbid!

The lives and existence of 200 million people depends on Peter Obi winning or there would be severe crises.

Nigeria may not even survive it considering the extent of hopelessness pervading the land

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by JAMO84: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2023
Rubbish

Someone that ruined Anambra, a small state with less than 5 million people. The only investment he attracted was his family company.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Exclusive101: 9:41am On Feb 08, 2023
At least we saw Amechi train n it tract even if not completed. When will Anambra see the one Peter Obi signed or is Peter Obi building invisible train in Anambra. First if it kind in human history.

traihit:

We will see what will happen to the trains Ameachi built when they could have invested heavily in education especially primary education.

It's just a matter of time and we will see whether history will be kind to Ameachi for borrowing money to build railway to Niger republic when coastal parts of Nigeria with more economic viability was ignored.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Afamed: 9:42am On Feb 08, 2023
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Vote4Obi: 9:43am On Feb 08, 2023
optionalY09:

Stop being ridiculous. Sowore should start by contesting for chairman of his local government then start from there to build his reputation. Causing nuisance, resisting arrest and accusing government in his tabloid are not enough for him to contest president.

What does Sowore even understand about governance when he hasn't even held any position before?

Enough of this joke please 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Afamed: 9:43am On Feb 08, 2023
Vote4Obi:
I can't even imagine Peter Obi not winning. No, God forbid!

The lives and existence of 200 million people depends on Peter Obi winning or there would be severe crises.

Nigeria may not even survive it considering the extent of hopelessness pervading the land

These are the regrets of those who voted him as a Gov in Anambra

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing#10195342

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Melvinkel: 9:43am On Feb 08, 2023
Dreal1247:

You don carry this your tread from Phoenix to nairaland, your eye go clear after election
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by dat9jaguy(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Your problem is comprehension

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by Winnersunited: 11:22am On Feb 08, 2023
optionalY09:

How far did Sowore go in mobilization for the election. That's the problem I see here .
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by optionalY09: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Vote4Obi:

Stop being ridiculous. Sowore should start by contesting for chairman of his local government then start from there to build his reputation. Causing nuisance, resisting arrest and accusing government in his tabloid are not enough for him to contest president.

What does Sowore even understand about governance when he hasn't even held any position before?

Enough of this joke please 🤣🤣

Your reasoning tells me something…, Your brain is leaking. get help
Re: Nobody Can Say What Will Happen To Nigeria If I Don’t Become President: Obi by dat9jaguy(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Nigerians are solidly behind you sir, You will win Insha Allah

This is the Last time I will quote you with this your f* up post. I leave you not because I'm tired but a man without honor will always be that despite opportunities to regain his honor. Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Claim Responsibility For Assassination Attempt On Atiku Campaign Chairman / How Tinubu Funded Peter Obi’s Campaign To Reduce Winning Chances Of Atiku(video) / Akpabio Won Free, Fair And Square, Kalu Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.