Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. (4022 Views)

Ebere Ihedioha Consoles Husband, Emeka Over Supreme Court Loss / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect / US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Gjrich(m): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes.

The Coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) of Nigeria on Wednesday asked Olukayode Ariwoola, the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), to vacate the order suspending the February 10 deadline for the swap of old naira notes with new ones given by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that speaking during a news conference in Abuja, the National Coordinator of the coalition, Obed Okwukwe, said that Supreme Court lacks the jurisdiction to hear the case.

“We say it categorically that the Supreme Court does not have the jurisdiction to entertain that matter that has been presented before it by some state Attorney General. We the CSOs are rejecting it.

“It is a plot to open bank vaults to enable vote buyers and holders of illicit wealth to have cash to buy votes.

“We urge the CJN to hurriedly vacate the Ex-parte order in the overall interest of the Nigerian election,” Okwukwe said.

Furthermore, Okwukwe argued that the CBN policy has the backing of the Federal Government.

The apex court had on Wednesday morning in a lawsuit brought before it by the governments of Zamfara, Kogi and Kaduna States issued an interim injunction against the CBN and Federal Government, allowing the old N200, N500 and N1000 to remain legal tender beyond February 10 deadline until the case is fully disposed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by DennisEche(m): 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tinubu CJN. The CBN has right to make monetary policies and not one Kangaro SC

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
We are tired of all this things
Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by oyin44: 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Obed Okwukwe ... wicked witch

pob terrorist spotted.

People filled with hate...na dem

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Mandate2023: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
All dis igbos go calm down when obi lose😂😂😂

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Emmanuella00(f): 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
This Naira note is really frustrating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by backtovillage: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
I am with the Supreme Court
Say no to people that want to put more pain on Nigeria because of election that is weeks away

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Afamed: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Coalition of PDP kwai

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Finestgurlie(f): 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buhari should remove that bastard son of a hoe
he's a threat to democracy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Afamed: 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
DennisEche:

Speak the truth to yourself for once

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by ubest1(m): 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oluwole judgement it won't stand Buhari/CBN won't even bother about it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by babaijebue(m): 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jagaban is the greatest politician in the history of Nigeria. Jagaban is coming

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Parachoko: 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
ubest1:
Just the way Nnamdi Kanu will never be release no matter what the court says

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by M4A1carbine: 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
So Nnamdi Kanu is bigger than thiefnubuu. That is good to know.🤣

Parachoko:
Just the way Nnamdi Kanu will never be release no matter what the court says

2 Likes

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by ambale(m): 4:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
backtovillage:
I am with the Supreme Court
Say no to the stupid people to people that want to put more pain on Nigeria because of election that is weeks away

Who are those stupid people??

Una just dey call anonymous names, call their names starting from buhari abi una liver no reach😂

3 Likes

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Parachoko: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
M4A1carbine:
So Nnamdi Kanu is bigger than thiefnubuu. That is good to know.🤣

Wetin concern Tinubu for this matter?

Why are you this retarded and dull? 😐

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Buccalcavity2: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
This naira redesign seems really political. Thesame folks who are using the policy as political tool to discredit the government and ruling party for causing pain to the citizens are the ones attacking anybody seeking to ameliorate the citizens plight! Where do you really stand? Stop confusing the thunder!

5 Likes

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Misterone: 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
oyin44:
Obed Okwukwe one of the the evil people coming out to voice out his thought ...

Atiku and obi the two standing dumnies. ..

check the name, na dem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by backtovillage: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
ambale:

Who are those stupid people??

Una just dey call anonymous names, call their names starting from buhari abi una liver no reach😂
Alaye i no dey joke
Country is sick

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by highsurge: 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
From Akpabio to Lawan, from Bala Son to Okoroacha...now to old currency swap... Supreme na ICE ...who can afford ice cream... plays the piper...common man ICE na your mate?
Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Misterone: 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
ubest1:
see you! You cannot arrest anyone or bank that loads old Naira notes in their ATM

2 Likes

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Racoon(m): 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
The Supreme Court have been on a loose drive acquitting and discharging a lots of corrupt cases in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by oyin44: 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Misterone:
check the name, na dem

Thank.Bro..l don change my comment
Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by M4A1carbine: 5:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
So e pain you. You dey mad.

Nnamdi Kanu is bigger than thiefnubuu, that pays you to be foolish.

Parachoko:
Wetin concern Tinubu for this matter?

Why are you this retarded and dull? 😐
Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by ambale(m): 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
backtovillage:

Alaye i no dey joke
Country is sick

Call out their names now

Abi me sef dey play with you

I'm just tired of always accusing anonymous persons

Call their names make we know dm

2 Likes

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Parachoko: 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
M4A1carbine:
So e pain you. You dey mad.

Nnamdi Kanu is bigger than thiefnubuu, that pays you to be foolish.

Wetin pain me? 🙄🙄

Sense is so far from you 🤡🤡

Nah me dey even waste my time with a Zombidiot urchin like you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by M4A1carbine: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cry blood..like woman period ..I don't bloody care.

All I know is this .and swallow a diick while at it..Nnamdi Kanu is 2000000000% respected worldwide than a kriminal that you support. A kriminal that has to show fake VISA to the USA to scam Idiats like you.

Fade comot for hia...hiss. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Parachoko:
Wetin pain me? 🙄🙄

Sense is so far from you 🤡🤡

Nah me dey even waste my time with a Zombidiot urchin like you.
Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Jogs1900: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buccalcavity2:
This naira redesign seems really political. Thesame folks who are using the policy as political tool to discredit the government and ruling party for causing pain to the citizens are the ones attacking anybody seeking to ameliorate the citizens plight! Where do you really stand? Stop confusing the thunder!
Good point... Truly,this policy is not in the interest of the common man.. Imagine paying #2000 as charges on #10000 withdraw via POS.Nobody that works for his pay legally will be happy with this policy at this time.Bankers are not safe again both at work and at home..Imagine some states in the north has turned CFA to legal tender all because of this policy...There's anarchy in the country already..

4 Likes

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Parachoko: 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
M4A1carbine:
Cry blood..like woman period ..I don't bloody care.

All I know is this .and swallow a diick while at it..Nnamdi Kanu is 2000000000% respected worldwide than a kriminal that you support. A kriminal that has to show fake VISA to the USA to scam Idiats like you.

Fade comot for hia...hiss. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tinubu will become your President

Know this and safe yourself from having HBP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Siwisheswereesh: 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Fire kor thunder ni kiss

Imagine a piggiiddiioott saying the supreme court does not have the jurisdiction to hear a matter

Piiggiiddiiootts amaka cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Justice Of Nigeria Under Fire Over Supreme Court’s Order On Naira Notes. by Lipscomb(m): 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
This kind of statement make me to be doubting about peter obi credibility. This money issues Nigerians have been going through a lot yet some idiot like this op still belive that it's about Tinubu. If Tinubu need 5b new note today he will get it.
DennisEche:

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aerial View Of Osogbo (pictures) / Leave Nigeria Alone. Singer Tuface Idibia Blasts FBI / No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.