Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist (28376 Views)

I've Moved On, And I Love It' - Peter Okoye Of Psquare Says (video) / Ubi Franklin Visits Paul Okoye Of Psquare’s Twins (photos) / Peter Okoye Shares Photo Of How Arsenal Fans Now Watch Football After 4-0 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by trutharena: 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Below is Seun Kuti post on Instagram where he accused Peter of calling him a tribalist.

I'm just saying.We are going around in circles.We must accept that fact so we can take a proper step forward. No be person Wey him family deh fight because dem marry Yoruba woman wan tell me about tribalism.

Source: https://instagram.com/stories/bigbirdkuti/3033602214156974427?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

61 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by trutharena: 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Seun Kuti also replied to the jab of Psquare saying he did not blow.

He listed the venues he has performed internationally.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by trutharena: 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
He also has one Grammy award nomination while Peter Psquare has none.

143 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by OnyeAshuaUru: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nobody knows who the hell is Seun Kuti, talk more of knowing that he's a musician.
Mildly put, my very self plus my 11 kids, my two wives and 10 concubines have never heard the name Seun Keti talk more of hearing any of his certainly depressing songs.
A new Nigeria is POssible.
Vote LP

IbileIfe:

Anyone who does not know Seun Kuti does not know Nigerian music.
Ask Don Jazzy, MI and Burna Boy.

Joke apart, I'm no student of Nigerian music, but I know the three musicians you mentioned above very well and can sing along to at least five of their songs each. In fact, as a student around 2011, I used to read all through the night with MI's rap playing back to back on my PC.
But you see this dirty bloke you call Seun Kuti, I repeat that I have never heard of him talk more of hearing any song he made. To hell with his audio achievements! They don't make Nigerians dance like PSquare have been doing for decades now.

267 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by POGazette: 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
SUG president, Sowore paid Seun Kuti to promote him and castigate other candidate

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by deeptechcool(m): 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
Everybody has an opinion. Respect them!
Buy people to your side with superior argument and not ABUSE and MOB actions.
Seun Kuti is a man.

257 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Kyase(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
trutharena:
Below is Seun Kuti post on Instagram where he accused Peter of calling him a tribalist.

CC: Mynd44

Source: https://instagram.com/stories/bigbirdkuti/3033602214156974427?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Dem dey always talk say some twins dey dull and no dey always get sense
I don see two sets of twins wey get sense and brain
And many dull ones
Psquare dey part of the dull ones
No wonder dem no fit finish school, the brain no fit carry am

143 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Lizzysamuel(f): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
deeptechcool:
Everybody has an opinion. Respect them!

Everyone has the right to contest. You guys should also learn to respect that.

Why did Seun call Obi an opportunist?

Seun is a baby!! Without his father, he's a nobody. Ordinary shrine, he can't sell it out.

Those saying
deeptechcool:

Maybe Obidients should stop the mob action on dissenting opinions. Support your candidate and let others support theirs in peace.
Opportunist is a lighter word compared to what the twin brothers have used on other candidates.

OBIdients should stop what?

Between Obidients and Seun who started the fight?

The answer is Seun.

Out of all the Candidates, why did he single Peter Obi as an opportunist?

Abii you dey get selective amnesia?

122 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by nakaman: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
no be watin him talk o, I was there

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by deeptechcool(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Maybe Obidients should stop the mob action on dissenting opinions. Support your candidate and let others support theirs in peace.
Opportunist is a lighter word compared to what the twin brothers have used on other candidates.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by trutharena: 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Seun is a baby!! Without his father, he's a nobody. Ordinary shrine, he can't sell it out.

Without his father he sang with live band outside the shores of Nigeria and was nominated for a Grammy award.

What is bad in calling the lunatic Obi an opportunist? Do you know how many times you Obiidiots have attacked Tinubu?

Is Obi your god that you think no one can call out?

137 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by trutharena: 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
nakaman:
no be watin him talk o, I was there

What did he say?

That was straight from Seun Kuti Instagram story.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Lizzysamuel(f): 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
trutharena:
Seun Kuti also replied to the jab of Psquare saying he did not blow.

He listed the venues he has performed internationally.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Throwback: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
trutharena:
He also has one Grammy award nomination while Peter Psquare has none.

This reply from Seun is loud.

He is a better musician than the singing duo.

He may not be commercially successful, but has a better musical profile than the singing twins.

125 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Throwback: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Is Peter Obi not an opportunist?

What is his political legacy?

Is he an organic presidential candidate like Bola Tinubu who built the structures he is now enjoying, and the party he is now representing at the elections?

What is the name of the party that Peter Obi built and laboured for before he secured the party ticket to be presidential candidate?

Why are you hurt by the truth that Peter Obi is a typical political prostitute without ideology, and a desperate ticket hunter?

Did Peter Obi even know the manifesto of the Labour Party before he hurriedly joined to secure an easy presidential ticket?

Peter Obi is not just an opportunist, he is a political charlatan and pretender.

Certainly not organic or a contender.

129 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by BigDick70inch(m): 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
Nobody knows who the hell is Seun Kuti, talk more of knowing that he's a musician.
Mildly put, my very self plus my 11 kids, my two wives and 10 concubines have never heard the name Seun Keti talk more of hearing any of his certainly depressing songs.
Vote LP

Everyone knows seun kuti......probably u have bin hiding or been caged in the cave for a very long time....did u read where he got nominated for global award.....

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Heavensent01(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
the funny thing in this psquare show of shame is that they will lose fan and their peter obi dey want to force on us won't win

everyone knows Shout yeast people no get sense when it comes to politics but one would think Psquare that have stayed longer in a civilize Lagos will be different, hell no they're even worse than those in Shout yeast

come and throw peter obi inside asorock now, the repackage failure that won reelection in Anambra yet use their eyes see hell won't be my president now and forever

if igbo will become President not with Peter obi, go and write it down

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kyase:

Dem dey always talk say some twins dey dull and no dey always get sense
I don see two sets of twins wey get sense and brain
And many dull ones
Psquare dey part of the dull ones
No wonder dem no fit finish school, the brain no fit carry am
Unfortunately nobody from your linage and generation to come go fit achieve their success.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by agadez007(m): 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
I wonder why people are paying that weed smoker any attention
Fela Shrine hosts Lagos state Governor Tunde sanwo olu every year
Seun’s sister works at TVC which is owned by tinubu
So it’s normal and expected

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Kyase(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Unfortunately nobody from your linage and generation to come go fit achieve their success.

Life is all about money and fame bro
There's more to life

So keep fame aside, what my Lineage achieved psquare can only dream about it

Ask them if they are happy in their family first 😷

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kyase:

Life is all about money and fame bro
There's more to life

So keep fame aside, what my Lineage achieved psquare can only dream about it

Ask them if they are happy in their family first 😷
Is it your linage that asslicks northern Muslims? Lol comedian

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by omonnakoda: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
unknown musicians do not play at Nobel prize awards or Glastonbury

Peter is the one hiding under his twin
When his twin dumped him what did he achieve?

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by DeepThroater: 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
The most tribalistic goats like their racist jewish masters who use antisemitism to divert from their own stark racism.

The Heebo is truly a Jew rat

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by pquaver(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

So the right to contest is only for obi? Have u guys not been insulting Tinubu even before he declared his intentions to contest? Telling him to step down and he is not fit to be president.. So constitution gwve only obi right to contest.. You are the baby here not seun.. So e pain u say dem call obi opportunist yet you abuse Tinubu 24/7.. U never serious.

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Sandazblack: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Unpopular opinion: Psquare are more legendary than Fela the overhyped weed lord with zero melody in his songs, just an average afrobeat singer that talks about the evils of the government and nothing more. Even most of you claiming Fela this and Fela that don’t even listen to his music, y’all just jump on the bandwagon of the same ol story they told us. Seun on the other hand is a talentless mofo who’s preying on the legacy of his dad, Psquare no be your mate bro, stick to smoking Indian hemp

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Hendrixky: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
After this election we are going to be aware of certain things
1)the problem of Nigeria is tribalism and not all about religion but mostly tribalism
And hausas are not really tribalistic the way we thought
But the yorubas are more tribalistic

Because as at the time Buhari was sick and travelling for medical attention we all was clamouring for him to hand over to a healthy and vibrant Osinbajo. We regretted our action of being stupid to elect a sick old man

But now we have a vibrant and healthy Peter obi contesting but the yorubas because of tribalism wants us to install tinubu again knowing fully well that the world will mock us

The worse part of it is that the pain and memory of the incessant travel for medical check up by Buhari is still very fresh in our mind.not like it happened 20 years ago. It just happened yesterday..

And for all those quoting me. Please am not any of this tribe not igbo, yoruba or hausa. I'm from the South South

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by PlayerMeji: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
In this election, Tinubu has been called various names by some many people and not one person has come to fight anybody.

Any mention of Obi by any person is fought by people who only just recently accepted that Buhari is not Jubril from Sudan.

Seun is the only person speaking the real truth.

All of these people are POLITICIANS!

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Tallesty1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
Vote LP
Your family alone nah poling unit

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by ipobarecriminals: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
sad

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accuses Peter Okoye Of Calling Him A Tribalist by Zico5(m): 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Those greedy fellows are something else. Probably some of these Igbo don't understand the word 'tribalist'. All of them are supporting Peter Obi and they are even canvasing for votes for him in the church. The reason why they are supporting him is because he is Igbo and nothing more. Yoruba are the most liberal in this country. Some of my Yoruba friends and relatives are supporting Obi despite some of them know what's at stake. I wonder how that one can open his mouth and call someone a tribalist despite his open support for Peter Obi. February 25 is around the corner. We shall see wonder.

44 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fans Blast Don Jazzy For Smoking In New Video [PICS] / Adekunle Gold Signs Deal With Revolution Properties (Photos) / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Celebrates Her 40th Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.