Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation (517 Views)

Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family / "When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri / What's The Craziest Thing Your Kid Or Baby Relation Has Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Pojomojo: 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
A few months ago, I got trapped in the advice of people who were always talking about relationships online and it almost ruined my marriage.

This happened when we moved to the UK after two months of being married. We were just settling in and as a result, we didn’t attend church immediately.

Being an active user of social media to kill time, I would enter some apps (not LinkedIn) and watch several reels of people talking about relationships.

Many of them said

➡️ All men are cheaters hence you shouldn’t trust your man.

➡️ Your man should be responsible for everything you need and if he loves you he would give you money steadily.

➡️ If your man offends you, it’s high time to leave the relationship.

➡️ Don’t share all your possessions with your husband because he is not to be trusted. Men can change anytime.

Because of these words I consumed, I started seeing my husband differently and all sorts of thoughts were running through my mind.

I would be offended if he acts a certain way and meanwhile I wasn’t communicating properly.

One day, the Holy Spirit reminded me that I need to go back to the word of God because God is the creator of marriage. And to have a successful marriage, I need to do things the godly way and not the worldly way.

So, I became sober and listened to many preachers of the word about how to have a godly marriage and I cleansed myself from every bad bit of advice I’ve consumed in my spirit.

And to the glory of God and with the understanding that if you allow God into your marriage, he is going to take charge, I’m growing daily to be a better wife.
I’m sharing this because many of us have allowed the words of people to define us.

We have the power as Christians to say NO, I’m not going to allow my situation to be like others.

We have the power to say, my marriage will work out perfectly, I will never run out of love for my partner, I will never cheat on my wife/husband, and I choose to allow God to renew my marriage every day like a new wine.

When the world says things that do not conform to the word of God, we need to be careful about how we consume it and this is why we need to be in the gathering of believers regularly.

Study the Bible, be a member of a bible believing church, and unplug from anything that will take you away from the truth.

I charge us today that whatever we hear and watch should be deeply scrutinized. If it does not have God in it, it should be avoided because it’s going to bring us down.
💭 Do you think social media has had a negative or positive impact on your relationship either as a single or married?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by KanwuliaExtra: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
Study the Bible, be a member of a bible believing church, and unplug from anything that will take you away from the truth.

The reason I never read the "Bible" to look for any kind of 'truth'.
I stay away from anyone who carries a 'so-called-holy-book'.
Too old to be brainwashed.

Back to topic. . .

No.
I don't mix my personal life with social media. kiss
I don't do FB or Tinder hook-ups or friendships. If I have to date a man. . . I have to meet YOU in person first. kiss
My husband is not a social media freak either. He is too busy working. Even if he sleeps on social media? His business. kiss

I may have account on social media, but I rarely visit or post with them.
Extremely boring. I have a career and don't care for online personalities, bloggers, vloggers or content creators.

The only people I really care to check up on once in a blue while are Jane Mena and Korra Obiddi. kiss
I love young resilient women who work hard and don't have the typical "Nigerian-Woman" local mentalities. kiss

I'd rather listen to Channels TV, Arise TV and so on for sound political debates. . . .not ilde gossip and brainless hogwosh of news.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
@Topic:

No impact undecided
Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Pojomojo: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Try listening to Confession on Thursdays 12:00pm on Nigeria Info 99.3fm, you can download their app if you are not in Lagos.
KanwuliaExtra:

Back to topic. . .

No.
I don't do FB or Tinder hook-ups or friendships. If I have to date a man. . . I have to meet YOU in person first. kiss
My husband is not a social media freak either. He is too busy working. Even if he sleeps on social media? His business. kiss

Extremely boring. I have a career and don't care for online personalities, bloggers, vloggers or content creators.

The only people I really care to check up on once in a blue while are Jane Mena and Korra Obiddi. kiss
I love young resilient women who work hard and don't have the typical "Nigerian-Woman" local mentalities. kiss

I'd rather listen to Channels TV, Arise TV and so on for sound political debates. . . .not ilde gossip and brainless hogwosh of news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Rubyjade: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nah
Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Foodqueen(f): 7:35am On Feb 27, 2023
Nairaland is worse when looking for relationship or marriage advice.

They only have bad things to say.

Especially those romance section guys

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Pojomojo: 7:01am On Feb 28, 2023
shocked
Foodqueen:

Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Richy4(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2023
Foodqueen:

Are you talking about The Association of Home Wreckers.. (TAHW) Nairaland chapter 🙊

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Mianemol(f): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Back to topic. . .

No.

Sorry, it is not regardful to call the Word of God what you just did, there are better ways to reply an answer hence not to talk at all! Accolade some respect no matter what you stand for! Peace and love
Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Pojomojo: 8:41am On Mar 05, 2023
shocked
Richy4:

Are you talking about The Association of Home Wreckers.. (TAHW) Nairaland chapter 🙊
Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Uniquetani1(f): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
Foodqueen:

True
Listen to their advice at your own risk

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Social Media Has Had A Negative Or Positive Impact On Your Relation by Pojomojo: 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
tongue
Uniquetani1:

True
Listen to their advice at your own risk

(1) (Reply)

Couple Born On Same Day, Same State Of Origin, Atinuke And Oluwole David / Men Just Don't Turn Monsters Over Night. A Response To An Earlier Post. / Kindly Advice : Go Back To School To Study Medicine At 38

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.