Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Power Supply In Your Area? (12960 Views)

Drop In Power: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Tonnyray: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
At least 22 hours a day here in Asokoro, Abuja.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by karmaolu1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
in my area Ussa L.G.A of Taraba State. We do have stable power supply of 19-22 hrs of power supply.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by wisestman(m): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:
A 5 K.V.A inverter plugged to 2 12V, 200Amps batteries powered by 8 320watts solar panels and you won't ask this question again.

Even petrol for generator wont matter

So my powe supply is permanent

8 320watts panels on top 2 batteries of 200 amps. Wetin happen na. You are wasting current from those panels. Some are just there for decoration cos their contribution is not needed.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by macho44(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
babyfaceafrica:
It's everywhere, it will improve as rain falls.. Na naija way
U know this grin.
Once Kainji Dam full, NEPA go dey show us LOVE

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by sapele914(m): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
ritaprincess:

I guess you are his wife. Let your conscience judge you,are you happy with what is happening in this country?. Your husband is supporting this evil party maybe because of the little money they pay him.
I cant make money from peoples suffering. Never!
Very funny grin, NairalandPoliceWoman done but gbese.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by airsaylongcome: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
07kjb:

Run away from this inverter people,it can't even carry FAN AND TELEVISION

Lol! I have an inverter and cannot be more grateful for it. Huge lifesaver. The challenge you (and many other people face) is poor knowledge about inverters. You need to have top notch batteries, very good solar panels and a reliable Solar charge controller. I've lived a whole year without power supply from NEPA and did not have a glitch in power supply. Had light 247 to power all my basic needs including fridge.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by sapele914(m): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
lordkush:
and you forgot to legion the animals that voted bubu because he said he will give them light. Even detective fashola your brother. 😂😂

Stupid people that think they re smart
Give you wicked things electricity in Nigeria? What business does light have with darkness?

I just dey laugh una 2015 that time when Fashola was promising you the impossible.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by pheranme9(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Once in 3days sha
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by babyfaceafrica: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
macho44:

U know this grin.
Once Kainji Dam full, NEPA go dey show us LOVE
eggzactly

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by saidubaba: 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ikorodu lagos
12 - 15 hours daily
They really tried

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by morikee: 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
24hrs
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by tiswell(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:
A 5 K.V.A inverter plugged to 2 12V, 200Amps batteries powered by 8 320watts solar panels and you won't ask this question again.

what's the size of your house,please?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by onyxo76(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
07kjb:

Run away from this inverter people,it can't even carry FAN AND TELEVISION
haba,where you get your info, I've been on inverter since 2017, mine is a 1.5kva with 1 220 wet cell battery, carries my lcd, fans etc, except for fridge, iron and ac

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by ModCaller: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:

So my power supply is permanent

8 320watts panels is an overkill. I hope it's not damaging those batteries.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by ReachRich(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mafoluku Oshodi, like 10mins a day. Sometimes I wonder the difference between living in a village & a mega city like Lagos

3 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by cocoboss(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
Dangrace01:

Okota road used to be good but its now something else

Some part of okokomaiko dey get steady light

Which part of okoko bros no go let me bite you oh

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by KnowledgeIsVast(m): 6:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
Good!
We de enjoy them
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Kizyte(m): 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tover:
Hello Nairalanders,

In my area, Ondo State where I stay, we do have at least 15hours power supply everyday. But these days, we haven't had light up to 45mins for the past 7days.

How's power supply in your area? What is this government doing about it?

This is frustrating to say the least.
It used to be 24hrs here in Abuja, but now we get less than 3 hrs of power supply everyday, sometimes 0 hr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Henrinos: 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
obailala:
The entire management and staff of the BENIN DISCO need to be tied and flogged mercilessly till they bleed.... Never seen such a useless and inefficient entity before. Like why do you bother to exist if your efficiency is less that 3% ?

In most parts of Warri, electricity barely exists; if you get up to 7 hours cumulative power in a whole week, you would be thanking your God that it was a good week. This has been the case for the last 4-5 years and this is supposed to be a city, not some rural area... The situation just leaves one wondering whether its humans or animals that manage the Benin DISCO. And of course, no one ever gets the prepaid meters in this part of the country.

The worst distribution company

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Kizyte(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:

How much did it cost, bro?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by olamkas: 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
weststoner:
30 minutes and it’s off here in Lagos
In my own part of Lagos, I don't even know if they do take the light. I leave it when going, meets it when I return and sleeps overnight with it.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by ceejay80s(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
8poor in Igando , we get light o!!! But na 150v or sometimes 160v dem dey give us in that atea, I come dey wonder weda na 12v battery Nepa dey use power my house .
Complained so many times to them , the last time I went there the idiots said I need to come with my street chairman, I come dey wonder again weda na my street chairman dey pay my Nepa bill and my rent

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by lordkush: 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2023
sapele914:
Give you wicked things electricity in Nigeria? What business does light have with darkness?

I just dey laugh una 2015 that time when Fashola was promising you the impossible.
but you and fashola re in the same business. No shame in your head

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by sirjoe1124(m): 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tover:
Hello Nairalanders,

In my area, Ondo State where I stay, we do have at least 15hours power supply everyday. But these days, we haven't had light up to 45mins for the past 7days.

How's power supply in your area? What is this government doing about it?

This is frustrating to say the least.

Here in Nasarawa, we haven't had a cumulative 30hours power supply in the past 2 months

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
vr0xen:
can it power my ac and fridge 24hrs pls

Hello, I can install a reliable 5 Kva solar system for you, which will power both your AC and fridge.

Let's start with the power of your AC and fridge first. What horsepower does each of these has?
Also, what part of the country do you stay, we install nationwide?

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Hugose: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:

This setup go cost die

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
wisestman:

8 320watts panels on top 2 batteries of 200 amps. Wetin happen na. You are wasting current from those panels. Some are just there for decoration cos their contribution is not needed.

They are needed so that in the afternoon, I can turn my AC, freezer, fridge, TVs at the same time.

At night, I need just the TV and fans

3 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by eteebanky1: 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
seborrhic:

Rubbish!
Inverter you can't use with pressing iron.
Inverter you can't use to pump water or if you manage to do after 4 uses the inverter starts having problems.
Inverter you can't use microwave,freezer or even moderate power equipment with.
Even with a ₦1million set-up,every 2 years or less you got to buy new batteries that will set you back at least 350-500k.
The inverter "scam" in Nigeria reminds me of the electricity product MTN once sold that could only light your bulbs but you got to be buying data to recharge it!
Rather use a generator with all the noise than buy those things they call inverters in Nigeria.

Thanks for this bro, you speak my mind

One million inverter that will barely power your fan for 2 hours, it can't even power your freezer, iron or A.C

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by silibaba: 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
Funny enough, for 2dayd now, there have been steady electricity in my area. I mean almost throughout the day except night.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Fcwilly: 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
We do enjoy light in my area of ikorodu Lagos we do experience 24hrs power most time, hardly light off of up to 1hr.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Worksunlimited: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
RapistOnBail:

Na you sabi o

For area where I dey work.. Na lie you dey lie
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Charlie2020(f): 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
Went from over 22hrs per day last year to less than 6 hours per day in last 4 weeks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Ganduje Can't Be Removed From Office Like Oshiomhole - APC / Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT / Fulani Community Petition Senate For Calling Fulani Herdsmen Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.