Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Power Supply In Your Area? (12957 Views)

Drop In Power: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 2:06am On Feb 10, 2023
Tover:

Can this power my fridge my 55 inches smart tv and my ps4 simultaneously

Yes, 5kva will do these, 100%, and even more.

My whatsapp contact is ZeroNineZeroTwoOne SevenSix EightZeroZeroEight and haybhieeee@gmail.
Please reach out and I'll explain better, give you portfolio and fix it for you.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 2:12am On Feb 10, 2023
07kjb:

Run away from this inverter people,it can't even carry FAN AND TELEVISION

You're talking about solar lightning kits, chief. These have lower power (wattage), and are expected to do less, because the battery isn't much in capacity. They're low-ends.

However, if you will still like to use yours to power fan and TV, I can recommend a DC television, the only type it can work with. They have a super low power and so solar lightning kits will power them.

We sell such TVs here. Plus: they have adaptors that you can plug into an AC output to use them with NEPA light too.

My whatsapp contact is ZeroNineZeroTwoOne SevenSix EightZeroZeroEight and haybhieeee@gmail.
Please reach out and I'll explain better, and give you pictures of such TVs.

I have a solar-powered standing fan set up too. Very good for this sunny/heat period. It functions 24 hours a day, and it also charges your phone.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 2:27am On Feb 10, 2023
Donald3d:

Hi you are very correct with your point on increasing the life span on the batteries , especially in day time. I have a question I would appreciate if you chip in. I have 350 WATT Mono solar panels, each is just giving off a maximum of 4 Amps current , even on a very sunny day, is this normal? The rated current is 9 amps +

Chai, 350 Watt solar panel is great you should be enjoying your solar system. That Amps you're deriving is subpar. There's a problem with the connection. The engineer who fixed it fixed for you a parallel connection, most likely.

You should be obtaining more than that Amps, Sire.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by smokinloud(m): 2:28am On Feb 10, 2023
Mynd44:
A 5 K.V.A inverter plugged to 2 12V, 200Amps batteries powered by 8 320watts solar panels and you won't ask this question again.

Even petrol for generator wont matter

So my powe supply is permanent
How much does it cost sir
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by IyaTola: 6:21am On Feb 10, 2023
vr0xen:
can it power my ac and fridge 24hrs pls
Yes if you do 10kva with lithium batteries
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by IyaTola: 6:21am On Feb 10, 2023
smokinloud:

How much does it cost sir
over 2m+
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by IyaTola: 6:24am On Feb 10, 2023
Coiner:

How much would this cost pls
2m+
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by IyaTola: 6:24am On Feb 10, 2023
Nefort:

Can it power a fridge comfortably?
Yes
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by tobby1987(m): 6:27am On Feb 10, 2023
In oworo here , na like 1/2 hrs daily we dey get ooo...and d 1/2hrs self na for midnight
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Innobee99(m): 7:05am On Feb 10, 2023
Mynd44:
A 5 K.V.A inverter plugged to 2 12V, 200Amps batteries powered by 8 320watts solar panels and you won't ask this question again.

How much will this cost
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by ModCaller: 8:59am On Feb 10, 2023
haybhi1:

It isn't. It's great in fact. It actually increases the lifespan of the battery by the function of the amount of solar panels you consider excess.

Too much power will destroy the charge controller and then the charge controller will allow excess power to destroy the batteries.

He's clearly using a sealed batteries which do not tolerate a lot. Most become basically useless after 1 year usually because of horrible charging
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by samuelson06(m): 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
haybhi1:

Afritek is fine, Powermax equally is, and so is Lumitech. These are tall tubular batteries, wet cell.

Although the best and most recommendable battery types are the Lithium ion, they are more expensive. However, they offer the most cost-effective and most durable service of any type.

Please reach out and let's get you supplied best batteries.

Where's your location?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by IslamIsIdiotic: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please can you give the contact details of a reputable firm that can supply equipment of these specs and also install them?

Mynd44:

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by weststoner(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
olamkas:

In my own part of Lagos, I don't even know if they do take the light. I leave it when going, meets it when I return and sleeps overnight with it.

Which part is that looking to relocate
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by dododawa1: 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
IJEGUN, ISHERI OSUN and abanreje are DARKNESS ZONES.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by meobizy(f): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
If we need to keep asking then japa sure pass for my dictionary. Sleeping in constant heat and waiting for petrol prices to drop is aging me before my time.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by de3lar(m): 12:21am On Feb 11, 2023
membranus:

Chai! Wetin una do dem?

Una snatch dem wiffy?

Which village be dat?

E dey Ibadan oh 😂😂

Around Thywill/Amuloko Axis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by SIRAO(m): 1:04am On Feb 11, 2023
[quote author=Tover post=120764465]Hello Nairalanders,

In my area, Ondo State where I stay, we do have at least 15hours power supply everyday. But these days, we haven't had light up to 45mins for the past 7days.

How's power supply in your area? What is this government doing about it?

This is frustrating to say the least.[/quot

Very commendable in my place in Isiala Ngwa north since last year, God bless them.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by SolarEngr(m): 8:40am On Feb 11, 2023
IslamIsIdiotic:
Please can you give the contact details of a reputable firm that can supply equipment of these specs and also install them?

Say no more! Check the thread on my signature sir.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by SolarEngr(m): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2023
My community(Major Salawu, Agbowo UI, Ibadan) transfer got spoilt in January when University of Ibadan 1st semester Examination was about to start, before then, IBEDC had sent notice that there will be little or no light till February ending has renovation is going on.

The transformer is yet to be completely repaired, thank God for Solar Powered Inverter System it gave me 20hrs of power supply daily and I was able to study to my satisfaction and of course did well in my exam.

The inverter system cost me #300K but it's worth it.

By the way, I'm a Solar Engineer, check the signature on my thread to know more.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2023
samuelson06:

Where's your location?
I shuffle between Ilorin, Kwara state and Idimu, Lagos, boss.

I can deliver nationwide. Where's yours?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2023
samuelson06:

Where's your location?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by samuelson06(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
haybhi1:

I'm very far from you sha. Down south south.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
samuelson06:

I'm very far from you sha. Down south south.
Lol, no boss. In face of a deal, the distance won't be a barrier.
Who knows if that will mark the start of my stance in that region.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Compliant(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2023
Mynd44:

They are needed so that in the afternoon, I can turn my AC, freezer, fridge, TVs at the same time.

At night, I need just the TV and fans

Now I understand this setup

I presently make use of 3kva inverter with 4 280w felicity panel with 2 200amh battery.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Mynd44: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
Compliant:

Now I understand this setup

I presently make use of 3kva inverter with 4 280w felicity panel with 2 200amh battery.

Please create a thread, lets share ideas, costs and advantages. Tag me if/when you do
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Compliant(m): 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2023
Mynd44:

Please create a thread, lets share ideas, costs and advantages. Tag me if/when you do

https://www.nairaland.com/7566401/solar-inverter-cost-implication-durability
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by NLPoliceWoman: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2023
ritaprincess:

I guess you are his wife. Let your conscience judge you,are you happy with what is happening in this country?. Your husband is supporting this evil party maybe because of the little money they pay him.
I cant make money from peoples suffering. Never!
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 8.
Rule 8.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by ritaprincess: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 8.
Rule 8.
Shut up!
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by randy01(m): 10:48pm On May 10, 2023
adedayoa2:
Jikwoyi Abuja, 98%

My sister can I dm.please I need a room in jikwoyi
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by randy01(m): 10:52pm On May 10, 2023
Buharidgeneral:
Almost 24hrs here jikowyi Abuja

Can I DM bro.please I need a room in jikwoyi

I stay at dape

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado / Northern PDP Leaders Fail To Reach Agreement On Consensus / 2023: Obi Will Come Distant Fourth, Says Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.