Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today (37921 Views)

Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? / New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by ike007(m): 6:17am On Feb 10, 2023
Trust22:
We r just watching.... No matter how they want it, Nigerian must survive..

How??
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Truvelisback(m): 6:19am On Feb 10, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
grin grin grin grin

CBN dey play, just dey play

The old Naira notes will remain legal tender at least till the end of March 2023.
Are these guys educatively stupid and blind? How can one get the new note when these banks aren't dispensing them let alone working. There is shortage of circulation of the new note.

3 Likes

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Mubby4luv(m): 6:20am On Feb 10, 2023
For my side here, no one is baffled.. Both notes coexist like twins. we no send CBN policy. And from the look of things, it will continue to be a legal tender for a very long time

4 Likes

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by TechW: 6:27am On Feb 10, 2023
updatechange:

The only illiterate that I see here is you!

Better fix yourself and you up!

NA OGUN GO KILL AM THERE
👆👆👆👆Imagine someone that wants you to vote his candidate cry
Your last word is very silly.
Are you voting for his candidate to do him a favour?
If you think your candidate mental capacity is better, then vote for him, when kidnappers strike, will he ask you who you voted for?
Just know that karma has a way of rewarding people's actions and inactions.
Do what you think is good and not to spite another person.
Just know that.
If Osinbajo was in position of Obi, no matter whatever anybody says, I will vote for him because he is a man of peace and intellectual and who knows, if Obi did not perform, Osinbajo could come out in 2027.
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by atobs4real(m): 6:29am On Feb 10, 2023
KingOfTheDamned:
THE CONFUSION ONLY EXISTS IN THE MOND OF TINUBU AND HIS ILITERATE SUPPORTERS WHO WANTED TO BUY VITES

SO THEY HAVE BEENJSING THE MEDIA TO SPRWAD PANIC AND CHAOS HOPING THAT AN END SARS LIKE PROTEST WOULD HAVE STRATED.

BUT NIGERIANS CAN SEE THE DEMENTD DEMON FOR WHAT HE IS ..

AFTER USING SOLDIERS TO KILL THE UOUTHS DURING END SARS THE BASTSRD WANTED THE SAME YOUTHS TO SUPPORT AND PROTEST FOR HIM?

NA OGUN GO KILL AM THERE

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Is physical cash the only way to buy vote. Pray for sense.
I don receive my alert. Keep wailing

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Mandate2023: 6:33am On Feb 10, 2023
UselessBuharist:
APC journalist hangout crew won’t eat nor drink today, Mr. know it all “BKO” been insulting the CBN governor calling him the most incompetent CBN governor since the history of our country

But is emefiele not d most incompetent......u ipigs r just gullible, that's hw u will support things that alway backfires and at d end u still blame tinubu........giving a deadline to cash that is not available, hw do u buy pepper from the market, enter transport or patronize ppl who don't have means of accepting transfer in a country bank app might not work for a whole day or even when u use ur ATM on pos of the seller to pay and dey debit u but it failed on d Machine and going to d bank u r ask to wait for 8 working days.......emefiele is dumb and when d whole situation get out of hand I hope u hoebi supporters continue to stand by him and not blaming tinubu as usual

3 Likes

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Parachoko: 6:34am On Feb 10, 2023
BadRadio:
Mark my word... The Bank won't even collect your old notes today... It's already too late?
According to the CBN act, the old notes will still be collected by the banks after it stop been a legal tender
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by searchlight: 6:38am On Feb 10, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Finally the idea from some unscrupulous elements is to scuttle our national life and bring this country to a final stop. Emefiele and cohorts, remember you all one day will leave government.
Shut that your stinking mouth there Urchin. There is no way for vote buying this days. The fact that you don't want to mention Buhari's name here showed again that Yorubas are cawards. Like Emefiele is acting without Buhari's consent
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by SouthSouth1914: 6:42am On Feb 10, 2023
kalvoken:

If you aren't a criminal, or supporting one someone who you practically know is a criminal, why are you crying about the facing out of old notes?

Ordinarily, i know you are just following the crowd because I am certain you feed from hand to mouth not to think of stacking up naira notes. So why kill yourself for something that is of no gain to you.

Extending the deadline is more like postponing the sufferings of the masses. An ordinary nigeria has no naira notes they are hiding, its only the eveil politicians who has sworn to keep people like you pepertually impoverished, but it amazes me that you all still cheer them up.

Tueh!

Read through you gibberish again! If the CBN main idea wasn’t to ridicule and impoverish Nigerians, why would they ask Nigerians to bring their old notes without getting the new ones?

Is this a sensible narrative? With this idea, he must have sent additional millions into extreme and avoidable poverty. People like you would be terrible husbands and boyfriends to ladies out there. Shame

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Vadese1: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2023
Even if CBN fail to realize the deadline for the naira swap. Am still very happy because they have actualize one major objective. The old naira in the hand of Tinubu has been reduced to a level that the remaining old notes in his possession can't even be enough to buy Osun state electorates votes. This a win situation for CBN and the others political party

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by SouthSouth1914: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2023
searchlight:
Shut that your stinking mouth there Urchin. There is no way for vote buying this days. The fact that you don't want to mention Buhari's name here showed again that Yorubas are cawards. Like Emefiele is acting without Buhari's consent

Go back to school and learn your spellings correctly, I will respond to you after that.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by searchlight: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2023
What baffles me is how urchins suddenly realized that this administration has failed after almost 8 years. Once again what Igbos see sitting down (8 years ago) our sophisticated brothers from the other side couldn't see it even when they climbed mountain Kilimanjaro. At least it took them 8 years after to see it lol.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Blazebond(m): 6:46am On Feb 10, 2023
Which confusion? The policy was suspended by the supreme court and no one can overrule it.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by guru90: 6:50am On Feb 10, 2023
athaboi:
There's no confusion anywhere, you better return old notes in your possession! The judgement will be determined and it won't favour you

You are talking this way because you don't have enough money.....

Don't you know that old notes are more in circulation that this unseen new notes..

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by guru90: 6:52am On Feb 10, 2023
Blazebond:
Which confusion? The policy was suspended by the supreme court and no one can overrule it.

Supported.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Olushylay1(f): 6:52am On Feb 10, 2023
Nobody is confused....It's CBN and the government that is confused..
Will they kill us?
Abeg,we will continue to spend whatever we see...
They should continue agreeing and fighting now...

Who cares again..
They have frustrated us enough.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Surudo119: 6:55am On Feb 10, 2023
Which Way will we follow up for now
Proudly Nigeria
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Brushstrokes20: 6:57am On Feb 10, 2023
Bullocks! undecided... The lifeless, sadistic animal in human skin is iutterly stupid and senseless for subjecting millions of INNOCENT citizens to unwarranted hardship just because he wants to punish a corrupt druggie! undecided undecided

No SANE homo sapien indulges in such idiocy!
Buhari should quit being a COWARD by facing the druggie head on and leave THE INNOCENT MASSES Out of his brawl with tinubu undecided

emeFAILURE and buhari are the MOST CATASTROPHIC COMBO EVER!
# ENOUGH OF NONSENSE undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by FireUpNow(m): 6:57am On Feb 10, 2023
APC and incompetent are 5&6
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by iInjureHerYansh: 6:57am On Feb 10, 2023
If this back and forth of old naira notes deadline doesn't tell you nothing will ever work in this country then nothing else will. Tueh

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Geopex(m): 7:00am On Feb 10, 2023
The FG cannot say anything until Feb 15, even Fálànà Said Fg must obey supreme court order. As for new, that tin is very scare here, even PoS are not having it, queued in d bank yesterday since morning till noon, no cash. Baba God will punish CBN gov and Buhari. Holding 300 naira since 2 days ago.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by udeh3(m): 7:01am On Feb 10, 2023
This is a very simple issue... I have been saying this for some days now. CBN or commerical banks weren't in the suit. So, nothing concern CBN who is a separate entity by Law. They've made a deadline. Even Supreme Court can't stop them. If you like yourself don't go and deposit your money in the bank. As it stands now, the deadline is today

FG can honor the suit while CBN carries out their own duties

CBN might suspend this deadline only out of good will. The Federal High Court has dealt with this matter before, except the judgement is been challenged by the governors

So, there's no confusion here. CBN deadline still stands, otherwise, communication will be made by the CBN
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Parachoko: 7:04am On Feb 10, 2023
udeh3:
This is a very simple issue... I have been saying this for some days now. CBN or commerical banks weren't in the suit. So, nothing concern CBN who is a separate entity by Law. They've made a deadline. Even Supreme Court can't stop them. If you like yourself don't go and deposit your money in the bank. As it stands now, the deadline is today

FG can honor the suit while CBN carries out their own duties

CBN might suspend this deadline only out of good will. The Federal High Court has dealt with this matter before, except the judgement is been challenged by the governors

So, there's no confusion here. CBN deadline still stands, otherwise, communication will be made by the CBN
You're a dull 🤡🤡

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Lionnation: 7:07am On Feb 10, 2023
Zoo country
Animal kingdom
Animals in zoo
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by richie240: 7:11am On Feb 10, 2023
moscow007:
[]No doubt CBN made some mistakes in implementation of this New naira policy[/b], this is not the first time a new naira is being introduced before elections, though not in dis magnitude.

What I think the CBN and FG can do now is obey the Supreme Court and extend till 15th, Issue an Executive Order on 12th to end circulation of the old notes (200,500 and 1000) on 16th.

If El Rufai is to be believed for once and only 300billion of the new notes was truly printed.

CBN really needs to print at least additional 200billion of the new currency and atleast 500billion of 100naira notes to compliment the cash in circulation.

Anybody that tells you politicians can replace the exact amount they hoarded for vote buying is telling the biggest lies from the pit of hell.

El Rufai lied, no single individual can assess upto 500million of the new currency, it's not possible.
At this very moment, with this level of awareness, If any bank hoards upto 500million it will be noticeable because it's branches will not pay kobo in new notes for days.

The policy has to be modified to accommodate 100naira notes to be paid; 500k for individual and 5m for corporate over the counter per day instead of month, this will reduce the pressure on the new notes by genuine businesses.
Mis-what??
If I put my kaya on top your egg- and it breaks, i
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by udeh3(m): 7:13am On Feb 10, 2023
Parachoko:
You're a dull 🤡🤡

Don't worry, keep your old notes. If CBN doesn't listen, I'll be here to console you. Though, you can deposityour money in the nearest CBN office
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by richie240: 7:13am On Feb 10, 2023
moscow007:
No doubt CBN made some mistakes in implementation of this New naira policy, this is not the first time a new naira is being introduced before elections, though not in dis magnitude.

What I think the CBN and FG can do now is obey the Supreme Court and extend till 15th, Issue an Executive Order on 12th to end circulation of the old notes (200,500 and 1000) on 16th.

If El Rufai is to be believed for once and only 300billion of the new notes was truly printed.

CBN really needs to print at least additional 200billion of the new currency and atleast 500billion of 100naira notes to compliment the cash in circulation.

Anybody that tells you politicians can replace the exact amount they hoarded for vote buying is telling the biggest lies from the pit of hell.

El Rufai lied, no single individual can assess upto 500million of the new currency, it's not possible.
At this very moment, with this level of awareness, If any bank hoards upto 500million it will be noticeable because it's branches will not pay kobo in new notes for days.

The policy has to be modified to accommodate 100naira notes to be paid; 500k for individual and 5m for corporate over the counter per day instead of month, this will reduce the pressure on the new notes by genuine businesses.
Mis-what??
If I put my kaya on top your egg-containing, non-transparent bag, it might be a mistake, but when I obstinately refuse to lift d load off that same bag, then that's INTENTION!!!
cool
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by tishbite42: 7:16am On Feb 10, 2023
ukehnonny:
angry
Honestly I still have the old notes. I don’t want to spend it all then end up buying it at a higher rate. CBN should issue a statement regarding this matter FGS! I’ll only wait till 12 noon today before heading to the bank to deposit it.
Oga, hold your money
No deposit anything
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by jaxxy(m): 7:16am On Feb 10, 2023
Meanwhile, the National Vice Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (North-West), Malam Salihu Lukman, has expressed concerns about the naira swap policy, noting over 300 out of 774 local governments, especially in the North, have no banks.

And yet terrorist in the Bush have new notes? undecided

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Meandmycrew(f): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2023
Spend your old notes it’s still a legal tender.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Parachoko: 7:18am On Feb 10, 2023
udeh3:

Don't worry, keep your old notes. If CBN doesn't listen, I'll be here to console you. Though, you can deposityour money in the nearest CBN office
I dont expect much from a lowlife like you.

https://www.nairaland.com/7562126/new-naira-didnt-anticipate-challenges/4#120777973

Even CBN admit there's challenges. It can be seen all over Nigeria that this policy was not planned well, but useless things like you no care about all the issue this failed policy have caused.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by udeh3(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2023
Parachoko:
I d expect much from a lowlife like you.

https://www.nairaland.com/7562126/new-naira-didnt-anticipate-challenges/4#120777973

Even CBN admit say there's challenges. It can be seen all over Nigeria that this policy was not planned well, but useless things like you no care about all the issue this failed policy have caused.

Well, I rather thread on the part of caution. Even the banks are cautious, talkless of you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / CBN Lists Deposit Money Banks In Nigeria (see Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.