Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today (37923 Views)

Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? / New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by guru90: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2023
Geopex:
The FG cannot say anything until Feb 15, even Fálànà Said Fg must obey supreme court order. As for new, that tin is very scare here, even PoS are not having it, queued in d bank yesterday since morning till noon, no cash. Baba God will punish CBN gov and Buhari. Holding 00300 naira since 2 days ago.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Siwisheswereesh: 8:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Only piiggiiddioootts are confused. cheesy

The Supreme Court decision is binding on everybody cool

Piiggiiddiioootts amaka cheesy

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 10, 2023
Backpedal:

The banks will say no to the central bank?

You must be an ignorant person to even suggest that

The CBN can withdraw their license for that

You are the ignorant person here. If the State Governors for security reason urge their Citizens to continue spending the old naira, there is nothing the CBN can do.

How many Banks do we have in the over 400 rural local government of the 774 local government in Nigeria? Since Tuesday most banks lock gate and restrict / censor movement into the banks and most ATMs are not working. I bought 20K at 24K from POS yesterday, only 6K is new naira, 14K is the old naira.

I know, if Emefiele were to be a Yoruba, he would have been removed. Buhari would have used him as a scapegoat to save himself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by arantess: 8:43am On Feb 10, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Finally the idea from some unscrupulous elements is to scuttle our national life and bring this country to a final stop. Emefiele and cohorts, remember you all one day will leave government.
Emefiele has a boss

....and he is eerily quiet

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Richieniit: 8:43am On Feb 10, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
grin grin grin grin

CBN dey play, just dey play

The old Naira notes will remain legal tender at least till the end of March 2023.

Ur words o.. na who go collect em from you after today be the real koko
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by BeauBragnar11: 9:11am On Feb 10, 2023
babaolofin:

You are the ignorant person here. If the State Governors for security reason urge their Citizens to continue spending the old naira, there is nothing the CBN can do.

How many Banks do we have in the over 400 rural local government of the 774 local government in Nigeria? Since Tuesday most banks lock gate and restrict / censor movement into the banks and most ATMs are not working. I bought 20K at 24K from POS yesterday, only 6K is new naira, 14K is the old naira.

I know, if Emefiele were to be a Yoruba, he would have been removed. Buhari would have used him as a scapegoat to save himself.

Oga, Every institution has jurisdiction.

Only the CBN has right to determine what would serve as legal tender in Nigeria!!!!!
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 9:14am On Feb 10, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Finally the idea from some unscrupulous elements is to scuttle our national life and bring this country to a final stop. Emefiele and cohorts, remember you all one day will leave government.

Tinubu caused all these problems and APC will end soon so urchins should be ready.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Backpedal: 9:22am On Feb 10, 2023
babaolofin:

This one is a tribalist so I don't even expect anything sensible from you

What you wrote and what I wrote; what is the correlation between the two

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by God2man2again(m): 9:25am On Feb 10, 2023
February 10, which is today can never be the deadline because people are still spending the old notes and it can only mean one thing for sure, the new notes are very scarce to get.

CBN official website may say otherwise, the reality on ground now is that the new notes are very scarce to get.

Which way Nigeria?

Are we being Governed at all?

What is happening to this Nation?

Where are our Leaders to give us a permanent directive on this issue.

The supreme court is saying one thing while the CBN is saying the opposite.

FG, CBN and the Supreme court are yet to agree on the deadline.

May God help us in this country. Amen.
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Goldbw122(m): 9:45am On Feb 10, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
There's no confusion over here. Everywhere is simply spending what they have. Since there's no new note available, no one will take public transport again? Or we'll all starve? Up to date, I've not touched the new 200 naira note. Not once.

There is no new note and they are enforcing the new note, when it's not in existences, what a country.
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by skayT: 9:56am On Feb 10, 2023
No be only stand, na sit. Poor guy!
udeh3:
This is a very simple issue... I have been saying this for some days now. CBN or commerical banks weren't in the suit. So, nothing concern CBN who is a separate entity by Law. They've made a deadline. Even Supreme Court can't stop them. If you like yourself don't go and deposit your money in the bank. As it stands now, the deadline is today

FG can honor the suit while CBN carries out their own duties

CBN might suspend this deadline only out of good will. The Federal High Court has dealt with this matter before, except the judgement is been challenged by the governors

So, there's no confusion here. CBN deadline still stands, otherwise, communication will be made by the CBN
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by mastermaestro(m): 10:06am On Feb 10, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
There's no confusion over here. Everywhere is simply spending what they have. Since there's no new note available, no one will take public transport again? Or we'll all starve? Up to date, I've not touched the new 200 naira note. Not once.

You are not alone on the 200 Naira note. For now it only exists in my imagination. grin

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by NEUDUDE: 10:34am On Feb 10, 2023
searchlight:
What baffles me is how urchins suddenly realized that this administration has failed after almost 8 years. Once again what Igbos see sitting down (8 years ago) our sophisticated brothers from the other side couldn't see it even when they climbed mountain Kilimanjaro. At least it took them 8 years after to see it lol.

More like wise man wey die for foolish man backyard lol
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by updatechange(m): 11:09am On Feb 10, 2023
TechW:

Your last word is very silly.
Are you voting for his candidate to do him a favour?
If you think your candidate mental capacity is better, then vote for him, when kidnappers strike, will he ask you who you voted for?
Just know that karma has a way of rewarding people's actions and inactions.
Do what you think is good and not to spite another person.
Just know that.
If Osinbajo was in position of Obi, no matter whatever anybody says, I will vote for him because he is a man of peace and intellectual and who knows, if Obi did not perform, Osinbajo could come out in 2027.

You see how u reason?? First how do u know who I am voting for??
FYI I haven’t decided which candidate yet and maybe someone might m convince me to vote someone like sowore just saying, yes if I have a valid reason to do so I will.
Secondly how did u know he’s an Obi supporter? Oh I forgot y’all have the same traits, cursing abusing and insulting your fathers. Lol 😂
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Sleekfingers: 11:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Na their wahala.....CBN will still collect the old money at their offices. So what the fuss?
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by HellVictorinho7: 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Backpedal:

The banks will say no to the central bank?

You must be an ignorant person to even suggest that

The CBN can withdraw their license for that
if they withdraw the licenses of all banks, who will win? Where will emefiele keep his money?
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by HellVictorinho7: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Oga, Every institution has jurisdiction.

Only the CBN has right to determine what would serve as legal tender in Nigeria!!!!!

furk the cbn!
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by UselessBuharist: 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
Mandate2023:

Untop obi matter u drag my family into ur conversation.......u started it first oh I hope u show ur useless father and mother dis comment......it only shows the kind of upbringing u have, am very sure ur mother is a useless dog and ur father is d real definition of a pig

May it never be well with u and ur family, may all d curse in d bible be upon u
If u dare quote me again leprosy, miserable death and sorrow will be ur potion b4 d end of dis month

Yours is not even the curse in the bible, may the curses of every suffering Nigerians be upon you and your useless parents who gave birth to an idiot and your many generation to come.

Who do you refer to as ipig, you hide in your little hole and think you can intimidate anyone online? You came for the wrong person this morning and for that reason, misfortune will follow you all the days of your life.

I made a comment and I didn’t mention your surname, since you have decided to inherit the curses of APC and the ruling elite so shall it be for you. When you get home tell your mad mother that I said she will remain mad
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Wildkat02: 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
moscow007:
No doubt CBN made some mistakes in implementation of this New naira policy, this is not the first time a new naira is being introduced before elections, though not in dis magnitude.

What I think the CBN and FG can do now is obey the Supreme Court and extend till 15th, Issue an Executive Order on 12th to end circulation of the old notes (200,500 and 1000) on 16th.

If El Rufai is to be believed for once and only 300billion of the new notes was truly printed.

CBN really needs to print at least additional 200billion of the new currency and atleast 500billion of 100naira notes to compliment the cash in circulation.

Anybody that tells you politicians can replace the exact amount they hoarded for vote buying is telling the biggest lies from the pit of hell.

El Rufai lied, no single individual can assess upto 500million of the new currency, it's not possible.
At this very moment, with this level of awareness, If any bank hoards upto 500million it will be noticeable because it's branches will not pay kobo in new notes for days.

The policy has to be modified to accommodate 100naira notes to be paid; 500k for individual and 5m for corporate over the counter per day instead of month, this will reduce the pressure on the new notes by genuine businesses.

Oga that how many times will the executive order be issued? Even if they extent it till 20th with an executive order, the end result will be same. The deadline stands. Nigerians just have to bear the brunt of this as to get a better tomorrow. Another 8yrs of hardship under the wrong president will be hell pro max
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by TechW: 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
updatechange:

You see how u reason?? First how do u know who I am voting for??
FYI I haven’t decided which candidate yet and maybe someone might m convince me to vote someone like sowore just saying, yes if I have a valid reason to do so I will.
Secondly how did u know he’s an Obi supporter? Oh I forgot y’all have the same traits, cursing abusing and insulting your fathers. Lol 😂
I may be wrong about naming of any candidate but it is not logical to vote for any candidate because of the candidate's supporter, I look at the candidate myself and how he can bring a positive change in our country. I don't agree with the attitude of most obidients but that one of for the person, I look at the candidate myself hence I faulted your comment there.
Listen to the candidates yourself and know who you think can communicate before with Nigerians. You can imagine how the comments of some random people that you don't even know can get you on the edge talk more of when it is coming from someone that is the president of the country
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by kalvoken(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Read through you gibberish again! If the CBN main idea wasn’t to ridicule and impoverish Nigerians, why would they ask Nigerians to bring their old notes without getting the new ones?

Is this a sensible narrative? With this idea, he must have sent additional millions into extreme and avoidable poverty. People like you would be terrible husbands and boyfriends to ladies out there. Shame

I can only be sorry for those around you, you are mentally drained.

Even if you can't think for yourself, you can see how ICPC has been proving the commercial banks to be the ones sabotaging the policy?

Can you in as a would be responsible boyfriend(I know you still eat mama thank you) tell me, how extension of the date would benefit an ordinary Nigerian? How will that make the banks to start loading the new currency rather than selling them to the highest bidders?

Do you as a boy, have any old naira at home that you intend to bring out? Or you just chose to follow the crowd?
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by SouthSouth1914: 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
kalvoken:

I can only be sorry for those around you, you are mentally drained.

Even if you can't think for yourself, you can see how ICPC has been proving the commercial banks to be the ones sabotaging the policy?

Can you in as a would be responsible boyfriend(I know you still eat mama thank you) tell me, how extension of the date would benefit an ordinary Nigerian? How will that make the banks to start loading the new currency rather than selling them to the highest bidders?

Do you as a boy, have any old naira at home that you intend to bring out? Or you just chose to follow the crowd?

Even CBN has reiterated their failure to continue this sham of a policy. A policy not thought out clearly, no strategy to curb its excesses.
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by Deoo1125: 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
If I knows ur papa born u well make u go any ATM machine go talk this nonsense.. E no go better for u and ur generation this nonsense wey u just type so.

KingOfTheDamned:
THE CONFUSION ONLY EXISTS IN THE MIND OF TINUBU AND HIS ILITERATE SUPPORTERS WHO WANTED TO BUY VITES

THEY HAVE BEEN USING THE MEDIA TO SPREAD PANIC AND CHAOS HOPING THAT AN END SARS LIKE PROTEST WOULD HAVE STARTED AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT TO FORCE THEM TO CANCEL THE NEW NAIRA POLICY SO HE CAN BUY VITES.🤣

BUT NIGERIANS CAN SEE THE DEMON FOR WHAT HE IS ..
AFTER USING SOLDIERS TO KILL THE YOUTHS DURING END SARS THE BASTARD WANTS THE SAME YOUTHS TO SUPPORT AND PROTEST FOR HIM?

NA OGUN GO KILL AM THERE

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today by KingOfTheDamned: 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
Deoo1125:
If I knows ur papa born u well make u go any ATM machine go talk this nonsense.. E no go better for u and ur generation this nonsense wey u just type so.

Your father na bastard Wen no ever do well. Na why him marry ashewo mama of yours..
Dirty bastard

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Improve Profits In My Beauty Salon? / Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.