Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities (28824 Views)

FG Shuts Down All Unity Schools In Abuja Over Security Threats / Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform / VCs, ASUU Reject 120 Cut-Off Mark For University Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by masui(m): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2023
Thomasankara:
[/color]e pain Dem,as Dem no use professors as returning officersšŸ˜‚[color=#770077]

GBAM

They compromised electoral process because of inducement from treasury looters. This money politics has kept Nigeria in this current condition.

I stand with PO on this. Say No yo buying of political offices.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Aboguede(m): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2023
You are very correct.
There is 90% indications that there will be oso tinubu grin the hand writing is all over the blackboard nation wide shocked

The dead spirit of abiola does not want rest without ruling as Nigeria president but destiny is against it.

Man proposed God disposed shocked
Funny earth grin
Man be fighting with God since the creation of earth

Penguin2:
Shey Ogun wan kill this Osodeke man ni?

Close down the Universities and let students go home and vote abeg. Even if it hasnā€™t happened before, thereā€™s always a first time.

Meanwhile, the NUC is right about the security argument. Because with the way the situation is charged with no one not knowing what things could become after the election, it is best you allow students stay at home and watch the directions things will take.

I donā€™t think itā€™s wise for Igbo students to remain in ABU Zaria or for Hausa students to remain in Nsukka or Unilorin so that if thereā€™s another ā€œOso Abiolaā€ after the elections, these guys donā€™t get trapped in strange lands.

I expect the regulatory board of Polytechnics to follow the footpath of the NUC too.

I donā€™t expect Tinubu BATstards to agree with my submissions thoughšŸ˜
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Topmaike007(m): 8:08am On Feb 10, 2023
pquaver:

How can you close universities for election? Nigeria no serious ooo..
so an Igbo man that registered in Anambra and he us schooling in OAU, how do you expect him to cope if the school is not closed??
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Indispensable85(m): 8:09am On Feb 10, 2023
I thought we all agreed that campuses should close for students to go home and vote? Most students have their polling centres outside the campus. Atleast zombiediots will not have any excuse for their crushing defeat.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Fearyourcreator: 8:09am On Feb 10, 2023
nameo:
What the hecck is wrong with this ASUU man?

This same universities were shut down for 9 months for mostly selfish reasons, is it a shut down for 3 weeks that will destroy a person's educational pursuits. Something that happens once in 4 yrs? No be everything dem dey oppose biko.

Students have an inherent right to vote and they must vote
They can vote in the school na
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Hamiltonii: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2023
seeyounow:
cool cool

There is nothing like mid west. Get sense.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by John4B: 8:11am On Feb 10, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
After spending more than a year at home you still expect students to spend another 3 weeks at home for one useless election, na God go punish all of you because I dont just know why Nigeria govt that has already turned 5 years course to 7 years want to add another years so I can become a grandpa before leaving school, this is not fair at all,closing of sch for 3 weeks is a senseless thing to do after more than a year at home honestly

If u are a student, if u like don't go home. Stay their and be urinating on urself.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Franking: 8:11am On Feb 10, 2023
ASUU should stop showing themselves, abeg.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by ThEGodFaDa2: 8:14am On Feb 10, 2023
Parachoko:
After the long strike, I do not expect the Government to give them a break again.

Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Horla1000: 8:14am On Feb 10, 2023
How would you be using Bukayo Saka pic to display ur foolishness all in the name of comment.

Close down the Universities and let students go home and vote abeg. Even if it hasnā€™t happened before, thereā€™s always a first time.

Meanwhile, the NUC is right about the security argument. Because with the way the situation is charged with no one not knowing what things could become after the election, it is best you allow students stay at home and watch the directions things will take.

I donā€™t think itā€™s wise for Igbo students to remain in ABU Zaria or for Hausa students to remain in Nsukka or Unilorin so that if thereā€™s another ā€œOso Abiolaā€ after the elections, these guys donā€™t get trapped in strange lands.

I expect the regulatory board of Polytechnics to follow the footpath of the NUC too.

I donā€™t expect Tinubu BATstards to agree with my submissions thoughšŸ˜[/quote]
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by madridguy(m): 8:16am On Feb 10, 2023
Bros no loud it. With this news 50% of votes don go. Majority of the students registered at their various schools grin Close school close school, now school don close another form of wailing don activate.

Okoroawusa:

I have never seen it done before but the Obidients have been clamoring for it and now it has been done. Please I don't want anyone to say that Peter Obi was rigged out after his defeat.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Mistermoon: 8:16am On Feb 10, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Why not before VAL, Madam.
Hmmmm...

Infact if you ask me, the university should close immediately after valentine to avoid the stories that touch the heart!
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Canvass: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2023
Parachoko:
After the long strike, I do not expect the Government to give them a break again.

A partial closure where students take virtual lectures for the duration of the voting period would have been better. That would afford academic activities to go on while students still get to vote. Some students registered in school and by shutting down halls of residence along with the schools, they will have no option but to leave and ultimately get disenfranchised.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by ContinuousTortu: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2023
Penguin2:

Guy, I dey like your analysis. Though few are flawed in logic, but majority are logical and coherent. Keep it up.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by osigiepurr(m): 8:21am On Feb 10, 2023
ASUU chairman is still miserably angry with the minister of Education and Chris Ngige due to the way he was ridiculed by paying them half salary after the whole gragra strike action that was embarked upon. After God na government.....Take it or join them....
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by jaxxy(m): 8:22am On Feb 10, 2023
Seems ASUU doesn't care about the students they only care about their personal interests.

Are students not eligible to vote?
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Ruggedniggaone: 8:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Buddha3:

Oga, close your mouth and go and pack your bags joh!

If we decide to look at it critically now, all this your ranting is probably because you want to stay in school and press one innocent girl's bress. No be like say you too like school, with your average grades you wan come form serious pass everybody!

Go village make you for vote for better leader wey go end all the ASUU strikes wahala wey don give you extra year for school. Las las sef, even if ASUU no strike, you be like person wey fit still get extra year for school cause your coconut head don dey show for this your comment.. angry.
na u go pay 24k for my transportation Mr mumu
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Michael6292: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2023
I support
triple996:
9ice
No excuses cool
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Hawkler: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2023
Penguin2:

You are very right, I vividly remembered how students were lynched 2011 election period in Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic Zaria after announcement.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 10, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
na u go pay 24k for my transportation Mr mumu

So you don't even have ordinary 24K to pay for transport back to your polling center, but you come here day and night to bleat all over while supporting a dying politician who doesn't have your interest at heart?

Some of you are really cursed, walahi!

1 Like

Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by ferry1: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2023
Osodeke, please allow student go home and vote. Many of them have their voters card registered in their home and not in their schools
This two to three weeks wont paralyze the academic activities
Thank you
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:45am On Feb 10, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
how is this another victory for obi? Who told you that all students will votes obi?
they are deluded souls many of the students won't even travel cos no money some no get PVC self... Then we have polling units inside the universities so it's a useless statement... But ASUU should keep quiet though after all did they sort Senate approvals from school before going on strike for months... Those obedient being joyful by February 28 na Ina go still cry here after Obi and labour party loses woefully...
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by kkonyeji(m): 8:51am On Feb 10, 2023
fijiuba:
At least majority of students have sense. I don't know where you fall

He falls among the senseless

1 Like

Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Teeroyzimma: 8:53am On Feb 10, 2023
UnfairLife7:
abokis will rather vote for stone than vote Nyamuri
sad but true
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by adenike21273: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2023
OdiegwuOdiegwu...
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Emmeylil(m): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2023
Isnā€™t it funny how ASUU is concerned about shutting down schools for 3week because of security/safety.

But they can confidently shut down school for 6month because of money. And show no concern about the student that is affected
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by OfficialAPCNig: 9:04am On Feb 10, 2023
ASUU is one of the problems of this country
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Neddyogu(m): 9:09am On Feb 10, 2023
Students can vote without disrupting school activities. This is not the first elections to be held in the country and it surely wonā€™t be the last so what the heck is shutting universities and polytechnics gonn achieve? Whoever wants to vote can still travel in peace and vote!
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by bahaushe1: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2023
Minister of Education has no statutory power to close any federal university. What he ought to have done is to advise the respective councils of the universities to consider closing them.
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by grammarian247(m): 9:21am On Feb 10, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
how is this another victory for obi? Who told you that all students will votes obi?

All sane students will vote him; stupid ones won't, case closed!
Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by sharpwriter(m): 9:24am On Feb 10, 2023
Buddha3:

Oga, close your mouth and go and pack your bags joh!

If we decide to look at it critically now, all this your ranting is probably because you want to stay in school and press one innocent girl's bress. No be like say you too like school, with your average grades you wan come form serious pass everybody!

Go village make you for vote for better leader wey go end all the ASUU strikes wahala wey don give you extra year for school. Las las sef, even if ASUU no strike, you be like person wey fit still get extra year for school cause your coconut head don dey show for this your comment.. angry.
Hahahahahahaha.... Kai, you get bad mouth walahi grin cheesy if this guy see you for real life hin go dey look for you with gun cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by Penguin2: 9:24am On Feb 10, 2023
ContinuousTortu:

Guy, I dey like your analysis. Though few are flawed in logic, but majority are logical and coherent. Keep it up.

Thanks for your complement.

Apologies for the few of my analysis that you think were flawed. But I try as much as possible to be rational and factual most of the time.

Maybe the few times you thought my analysis was flawed are times that my position didnā€™t agree with yours. But itā€™s fine. We disagree to agree.šŸ‘

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Medical Lab Science Or Science Laboratory Technology? / How I Made It To Sweden From Nigeria To Study For My Masterā€™s Degree / I Don't Like The Course Am Studying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.