Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports (7847 Views)

Alcohol Consumers In Akwa-Ibom To Pay Taxes / Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) / Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by pleep(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2011
Some people mentioned that Akwa-Ibom does't have a port. That is not true, there a sea port in a city called Oron.
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by KnowAll(m): 12:19am On Sep 11, 2011
I think the states mentioned in this article would probably build those ports themselves and not d FG. The FG is only supplying d facility With logistical capabilty in form of necessary personnel. That is security for d port would be carried out by Naval personnel why Custom officers would handle d monitoring and clearance of goods imported into d country all this falls within d exclusive purvey of d FG hence why d FG was brought on board. So my people make una stop fighting each other over these projects, these projects are being 100% driven by d state goverment concerened that is Lagos, Akwa Ibom & Ogun/Ondo state for their planned Olokola free trade zone that straddles Ogun/ Ondo Border.

Those igbo's complaining on this thread about Onitsha port should hold their state goverment to ransome  for lacking foresight and developmental strategy. Going cap in hand begging d FG for funds is silly and it exposes d state governor's lacklustre attitude and his bereftness  when it comes to developmental issues. What stops Anambra  State Govt from building d second bridge over d Niger and tolling it.
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by Beaf: 12:35am On Sep 11, 2011
A port at Lekki? Lagosians will resist it very strongly. If the state govt agrees to the plan, then something very curious is afoot.
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by Onlytruth(m): 5:42am On Sep 11, 2011
Posted by: KnowAll

[b]I think the states mentioned in this article would probably build those ports themselves [/b]and not d FG. The FG is only supplying d facility With logistical capabilty in form of necessary personnel. That is security for d port would be carried out by Naval personnel why Custom officers would handle d monitoring and clearance of goods imported into d country all this falls within d exclusive purvey of d FG hence why d FG was brought on board. So my people make una stop fighting each other over these projects, these projects are being 100% driven by d state goverment concerened that is Lagos, Akwa Ibom & Ogun/Ondo state for their planned Olokola free trade zone that straddles  Ogun/ Ondo Border.

Those igbo's complaining on this thread about Onitsha port should hold their state goverment to ransome  for lacking foresight and developmental strategy. Going cap in hand begging d FG for funds is silly and it exposes d state governor's lacklustre attitude and his bereftness  when it comes to developmental issues. What stops Anambra  State Govt from building d second bridge over d Niger and tolling it.

@First bolded: I think you are only guessing, not sure. History does not support you though.

@ Second bolded:
Emm, there is only one problem with this your logic, and it is that Igbos ALREADY build things for themselves, eg Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri.
SE has the LEAST federal presence, and the people are beginning to feel that Federal government should step in as they do in other zones.
Of course that does not mean that a gregarious governor like a "Charles Soludo" would not attempt to do what you just said, and I support that. But isn't that making us less and less Nigerians? This is part of why folks like myself agitate here.
Either we are Nigerians or we are not.
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by otokx(m): 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2011
Another government magic
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by erico2k2(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2011
Sometimes I sit and wonder if our leaders or people making these policies did go to school or are plainly ignorant or better still wicked.what loads of rubish,who in thier rightful mind would be talking bout more seaports in LAGOS or ohh so they can sell them off to themselves and cronnies ie like they did with Dangote,anyway thank God those of us who aint politicians are catching up i n the general confort those that steal monies in teh name of politics crave for.
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by Yinkay: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2011
@Knowall.
Iam not Igbo, but from SW working in Onitsha, realising tne benefits of such a port to Onitsha and Nnewi markets. However, the constitution on Maritime is on exclusive list,the States are powerless to do anything, like River State that generates 380MW but cannot distribute to River States people because of tne law that prevents states from distributing eletricity.
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by erico2k2(m): 4:21am On Sep 12, 2011
Yinkay:

@Knowall.
Iam not Igbo, but from SW working in Onitsha, realising tne benefits of such a port to Onitsha and Nnewi markets. However, the constitution on Maritime is on exclusive list,the States are powerless to do anything, like River State that generates 380MW but cannot distribute to River States people because of tne law that prevents states from distributing eletricity.
what law prevents states from distributing its own power supply or are you assuming, I come from sapele we have two power stationsin that town and a stepdown substation was built 5 years ago cos youths protestetd and shut down the power plants for days and the FG gave in and built the stepdown plus sub station.SO when was this new law enforced and what is it called?
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by Beaf: 4:51am On Sep 12, 2011
erico2k2:

what law prevents states from distributing its own power supply or are you assuming, I come from sapele we have two power stationsin that town and a stepdown substation was built 5 years ago cos youths protestetd and shut down the power plants for days and the FG gave in and built the stepdown plus sub station.SO when was this new law enforced and what is it called?

Learn about the Nigerian constitution. All generated power must be distributed by the FG through the national grid. That is the crap law the military handed down since 1999.
One thing you'll notice in your post is that the FG owns both power stations in pilele and they also gave you a transformer; it was not your LG or state govt that did that. Rivers on the other hand, actually owns its own power station, they have been caught out by that law; the same happened to Lagos and Akwa Ibom.
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by erico2k2(m): 5:14am On Sep 12, 2011
Beaf:

Learn about the Nigerian constitution. All generated power must be distributed by the FG through the national grid. That is the crap law the military handed down since 1999.
One thing you'll notice in your post is that the FG owns both power stations in pilele and they also gave you a transformer; it was not your LG or state govt that did that. Rivers on the other hand, actually owns its own power station, they have been caught out by that law; the same happened to Lagos and Akwa Ibom.
I feel you beef, Im ignorant on that Fg law etc,Im just glad that power is generated and used in pilele so if we get power falure we know where it comes from
but Beaf, I remember when the Old power station was working in full capacity back in the 90s they refused to do the stepdown and substation same Old power plant owned by teh FG
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by saintohia: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2011
Quote 4m Jason123
[b[b]]Akwa Ibom (Calabar port) and Rivers state(Port harcourt port) already have a sea port[/b]

Jason pls, is Calabar port situated in Cross River State or Akwa Ibom?
Re: Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
Desola:
Not buying it! This is an effort for the FG to have strong hold on the west. What we want is regional government and to control our own resources and not for the FG to erect a seaport which would be ill maintained and burden the state government. its an agenda to sabotage Lagos' government idea of building its on port and compete for revenue.

thieves!

ogbeni are u done.. ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. / Can APC Leverage On The Edo Governorship Win To Claim Ondo State? / Buhari In Closed-door Meeting With Ouattara At Aso-villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.