Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) (41512 Views)

Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It / Nigerians Tell Peter Okoye To Stop #onemorenightchallenge As Hot Curvylady Joins / Femi Kuti Accused Of Sleeping With Underaged Girls By Solokeysent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by shantti(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Not all music is song or singing
Mozart was not a singer
Jazz music is not about singing
A lot of Music has no singing at all but rather is about playing instruments
Keyboards
Drums
Saxophone
Oja flute
Guitar
etc
People who know NOTHING about music have the strongest opinions

grin grin grin grin grin grin

By your argument seun is better than fela then, since fela had singable songs
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by omonnakoda: 10:53am On Feb 11, 2023
shantti:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

By your argument seun is better than fela then, since fela had singable songs
That is an illiterate interpretation and factually not what I said
I never said Seun does not have singable songs
Is there an UNSINGABLE SONG?
Where did you learn English
I never talked about better?
That is not something I engage with
Music is a matter of taste
Each to his own. What you like is better FOR YOU and same for everyone
Some people only listen to religious music and shun anything. secular
Others prefer reggae,Jazz,classical,highlife and some reject anything that is not in their language
How many Nigerians listen to Chinese music? Does that make Nigerian music "better" ?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by shantti(m): 11:14am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Others prefer reggae,Jazz,classical,highlife and some reject anything that is not in their language
How many Nigerians listen to Chinese music? Does that make Nigerian music "better" ?

Sing one of his songs then grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by shantti(m): 11:14am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Do u have any of seuns songs in your phone?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by omonnakoda: 11:19am On Feb 11, 2023
shantti:

Do u have any of seuns songs in your phone?
I don't keep songs on my phone
I am not in Nigeria and do not use a smartphone
I use my phone to phone and nothing else
The cheapest phone in the market
How is that relevant
My comment is not about Seun specifically
Just to clarify that SONG is not all there is to music
Open a dictionary to learn the word you need
It is not SONG

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by omonnakoda: 11:23am On Feb 11, 2023
shantti:

Sing one of his songs then grin grin grin
whose songs?Am I a singer?
What is with the smileys?
Have you said something funny?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by shantti(m): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

I don't keep songs on my phone
I am not in Nigeria and do not use a smartphone
I use my phone to phone and nothing else
The cheapest phone in the market
How is that relevant
My comment is not about Seun specifically
Just to clarify that SONG is not all there is to music
Open a dictionary to learn the word you need
It is not SONG

U see how u r fighting urself, knowing fully well that seun is trash. U see the effort it takes u to defend trash
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by shantti(m): 11:50am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
whose songs?Am I a singer?
What is with the smileys?
Have you said something funny?

Why r u afraid of singing seuns song since he is bigger than psquare grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by omonnakoda: 11:58am On Feb 11, 2023
shantti:

Why r u afraid of singing seuns song since he is bigger than psquare grin grin grin
Did I say Seun is bigger?
I did not
Let us close it now
I really do not have time for childish games

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by omonnakoda: 11:59am On Feb 11, 2023
shantti:

U see how u r fighting urself, knowing fully well that seun is trash. U see the effort it takes u to defend trash
I am not interested in that conversation

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by OmegaAutos: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
RolexOfGeneva:

Bros are you seriously comparing Psquare, a household name, to an unknown musician. If you can name one music by Seun I'll give 10k cash. He's father, Fela was a very talented musician, one of the best in Africa music history but Seun has no talent. Psquare made Afro pop what it is today. Give respect to whom respect is due.

SEUN KUTI ON STAGE AT LEKKI

He was barely 9 !

Read what a writer wrote about SEUN :

It is highly hilarious if you want to diss Seun Kuti, and you say he's an unknown artiste, who has not achieved anything except living on his father's name and that he's not a successful musician.

First, please I am not dabbling into the political matter that caused the fracas between Seun and Peter of P-Square...their politics is non of my business. My grouse is about the fact that Seun's standing as a musician is being questioned.

When it comes to naming real musicians in Nigeria. Please, follow me carefully and note my choice of words...I said Musician! When you talk of musicians in Nigeria today, Seun's name would be in the first 3, and they are not up to 8.

Again, I repeat, I said musician. I did not say singers. Anyone can sing, but not everyone can be a musician. Seun did not only play music, he studied music at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts. He's a "companion" of LIPA. He's a multi-instrumentalist and sound technologist. He's versatile in Saxophone and Piano and a prolific music writer, composer and producer.

Now, talk of any iconic music venue all over the world, Seun has performed there with the band he inherited from his father, Fela. I don't think some people know what it takes for a young man in his 20s to start to lead a band full of men all over 50 and even into their 60s & 70s. This is at least a 25 man band that has performed with Seun in every continent of the world and in world's major music festivals.

Just last week, I was watching Seun and the Egypt 80 band's performance at the Nobel Prize Award in Oslo, Norway in 2008 to a predominantly white audience. Singers don't get invited to perform at such iconic international ceremony. It must be a musician who knows his onions and his musicianship is top notch.

Please, don't because of petty politics throw one of Nigeria's best export into the mud. Egbe isu koniyan....

I don't agree with Seun's politics and his approach as it concerns how we salvage Nigeria, but I will not agree his art and his craft to be rubbished based on cancel culture induced by unnecessary online political fisticuffs.

Kay Lord
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by shantti(m): 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Did I say Seun is bigger?
I did not
Let us close it now
I really do not have time for childish games

Ok,
I really thought you said seun is bigger than psquare
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by omonnakoda: 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
shantti:

Ok,
I really thought you said seun is bigger than psquare
I am not a child
I do not have time for frivolity
You need to grow up
You thought I said something
Why?That is what is in You

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
OmegaAutos:

SEUN KUTI ON STAGE AT LEKKI

He was barely 9 !

Read what a writer wrote about SEUN :

It is highly hilarious if you want to diss Seun Kuti, and you say he's an unknown artiste, who has not achieved anything except living on his father's name and that he's not a successful musician.

First, please I am not dabbling into the political matter that caused the fracas between Seun and Peter of P-Square...their politics is non of my business. My grouse is about the fact that Seun's standing as a musician is being questioned.

When it comes to naming real musicians in Nigeria. Please, follow me carefully and note my choice of words...I said Musician! When you talk of musicians in Nigeria today, Seun's name would be in the first 3, and they are not up to 8.

Again, I repeat, I said musician. I did not say singers. Anyone can sing, but not everyone can be a musician. Seun did not only play music, he studied music at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts. He's a "companion" of LIPA. He's a multi-instrumentalist and sound technologist. He's versatile in Saxophone and Piano and a prolific music writer, composer and producer.

Now, talk of any iconic music venue all over the world, Seun has performed there with the band he inherited from his father, Fela. I don't think some people know what it takes for a young man in his 20s to start to lead a band full of men all over 50 and even into their 60s & 70s. This is at least a 25 man band that has performed with Seun in every continent of the world and in world's major music festivals.

Just last week, I was watching Seun and the Egypt 80 band's performance at the Nobel Prize Award in Oslo, Norway in 2008 to a predominantly white audience. Singers don't get invited to perform at such iconic international ceremony. It must be a musician who knows his onions and his musicianship is top notch.

Please, don't because of petty politics throw one of Nigeria's best export into the mud. Egbe isu koniyan....

I don't agree with Seun's politics and his approach as it concerns how we salvage Nigeria, but I will not agree his art and his craft to be rubbished based on cancel culture induced by unnecessary online political fisticuffs.

Kay Lord
My brother. In all you wrote up here, you have only summised about music as an art. You have intentionally refused to acknowledge the fact that business aspect of it which is where it matters most. No matter how good or learned you are in a particular field of endeavor, if you aren't able to make enough profit commercially, then you are simply wasting your time. SEUN IS NOT A COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL ARTISTE as long as the benchmark of artistic success is concerned. His father, Fela was a huge success both on and off the stage. He made so much commercial success from international tours that he was famed to have used a Rolls-Royce to dumb his refuse.
I'm a music producer and I know that there is no music house that is willing to spend huge finances on an unsellable musician. This is Seun's major motivation for this beef with Psquare. It's enabled him to project himself and his shows to the public. Seriously, Seun still has work to do on his off-stage.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by BigIyanga: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2023
OmegaAutos:

The same way they hail Buhari to power, Nigerians are just so dumb....
Selective amnesia.. same people who hailed Buhari are the same people hailing Tinubu… check ur record wella
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by omonnakoda: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
RolexOfGeneva:

My brother. In all you wrote up here, you have only summised about music as an art. You have intentionally refused to acknowledge the fact that business aspect of it which is where it matters most. No matter how good or learned you are in a particular field of endeavor, if you aren't able to make enough profit commercially, then you are simply wasting your time. SEUN IS NOT A COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL ARTISTE as long as the benchmark of artistic success is concerned. His father, Fela was a huge success both on and off the stage. He made so much commercial success from international tours that he was famed to have used a Rolls-Royce to dumb his refuse.
I'm a music producer and I know that there is no music house that is willing to spend huge finances on an unsellable musician. This is Seun's major motivation for this beef with Psquare. It's enabled him to project himself and his shows to the public. Seriously, Seun still has work to do on his off-stage.
What is commercial success. You need to define it
Was Fela commercially successful?I You say he Was can you substantiate
Was Prince Nico Mbarga commercially successful
Was Chinua Achebe commercially successful
Is Chimamanda Adichie commercially successful
Was Bright Chimezie commercially successful
Was Zebrudaya commercially successful?
Was Christy Essien commercially successful?
Fela dump refuse with Rolls Royce hmm
As someone who watched Fela live I must confess I am hearing this today
Where did you get that from?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by OmegaAutos: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
RolexOfGeneva:

I still disagree with you in a way that success is a measure of material accusations. Can you in anyway say ASA is not successful? Success is a personal thing, some peeps prefer fulfilment above show off or material things. Seun said he got of the stage of singing for political class cos of his personal reasons...he found fulfilment in whatever money he has made and okay with it.

Lemmie take you to the gospel music genre, there are people whole play opera and classical music, their fulfilment is found in the message their performance offer and not commerciality of their practice, moreso there are gospel artist who just perform for the fame and money they can get.... Deep in your heart, which type of gospel music makes more sense? ( Contemporary or classical) which one are people drawn to? Such is the case of Seun and Peter...
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by thebar: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2023
Jnkay:

Bros so to say I don't like it when humans drive on sentiment and emotion than reality. Don't drag Dear Baba Fella Kuti into this because Seun is at fault in the first place for calling out those twins. They never called Seun name but Seun was the one that called they names first. Secondly, our darling Baba Fella Kuti wasn't the one that called PSquare but Seun so Seun should face the dance for the drum he is beatings. We Yorubas respect others and respect is reciprocal. Let's call a spade a spade.

We know th real yorubas when we see one
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by searchng4love: 7:25am On Feb 12, 2023
HaneefahRN:
Seun kuti is a good artist in his own right, just his type of music would not be as popular dem psquares
Nurse I need to get in touch with doveda
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) by Abendroth: 7:41am On Feb 13, 2023
I'm pretty sure that's how the music industry works - you just find people who can help you with promotion, and that's it. I bet you know that there's a ton of great artists on YouTube, but they're not so popular just because they're not friends with influential people. That's why I don't really like using popular music streaming services and prefer Tubidy instead, at least I manage to listen to creators who actually deserve it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yvonne Jegede And Olakunle Fawole Visit Bukky Ajayi's Grave [PICS] / Cardi B Congratulates Davido On His MOBO Award, Says "Your Music Is Amazing" / Davido Shares Shirtless Photo In U.S; Says He Needs To Lose Belly Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.