Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me (686 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? / COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by Jackanda1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello, sometime ago, i posted about having anxiety problems which has affected me in the work place.

So after series of struggles, i had thought about terrible self help options including alcohol, cigaretes, and other drugs until i have enough funds to visit a mental health center.

Something in my head keeps telling me to ask for prayers, i ignored it for some time until on monday when i called someone to Pray for me.

On tuesday, nothing changed, i was still timid and anxious. We usually hold a 20min prayer and preachng session every morning.

Any staff can be assigned to preach and pray, i startd avoidng going early so i'm not told to lead, other times, i try alcohol. There had been times were anxiety messed me up in front of co-staffs. I mean I literally have panic attacks when I'm in the spot light.

On wednesday, When i got to work something strange happened...I walked to the prayer room feelng no anxiety at all, i was shocked and excited at the same time. Another suprise is that i was told to preach, which i did without feeling anxious atall, i can now discuss, joke and interact with staffs without any fear...............
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by Jackanda1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
whatsover. Since on wednesday, I can now look people in the eye when talking to them, i have suddenly become an extrovert and a talkative jumping from one staff office to another discussing and gisting, you need to see the looks on everyone's face. cheesy
I now feel very comfortable with myself and in social situations.

This were things i wasn't able to do before, i mean for years.

I had crazy panic attacks for years. infact, i had to stay indoors and avoided social events as much as i could.

I'm so excited, now i don't have to live on pills or take alcohol agan.

Jesus healed me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jaephoenix(m): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jackanda1:
Hello, sometime ago, i postd about havng anxiety problems which has affected me in the work place.

So after series of strugles, i had tot abt a lot of self help options including alcohol, cigaretes, and other drugs until i have enough funds to visit a mental health cnter.

Somethng in my head keeps telling me to ask for prayers, i ignored it for some time until on monday when i calld someone to Pray for me.

On tuesday, nothing changed, i was still timid and anxious. We usually hold a 20min prayr and preachng session evry morning.

Any staff can be pickd to preach and pray, i startd avoidng going early so i'm not told to lead, other times, i try alcohol. There had been times were anxiety messd me up in front of co-staffs.

On wednesday, When i got to work sumtin strange happend...I walkd to the prayr room feelng no anxiety atall, i was shockd and excitd at the same time. Anothr suprise is that i was told to preach, which i did without feeling anxious atall, i can nw discus with staff without any fear.....
Halleluyah
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by AnyanwuSilas: 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
I'm going through the same depression and anxiety disorder,
I find it very hard now to believe in God and I don't have hope.
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by FxMasterz: 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
If you don't believe that God exists, God wouldn't force Himself on you.
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by dollytino4real(f): 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thank God for ur freedom, my own is unsolicited tears, even if am watching movies, or I heard good news
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jaephoenix(m): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
Has nothing to do with any god. You need a shrink. Unfortunately we don't take mental health serious in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jaephoenix(m): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
dollytino4real:
Thank God for ur freedom, my own is unsolicited tears, even if am watching movies, or I heard good news
Mood disorders
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by dollytino4real(f): 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Mood disorders
pls is it wat I should worry for??
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by Jackanda1(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
I can assure you that God does exist. We might not understand his ways, but he's still working.

I was an atheist for for 6 to 7 years,(check the threads on my profile) until i decided to swallow pride, humble myself to seek him. It took me more than two years and crazy demonic attacks to come to a point were i understood that this world is more than what the eye sees.

I had crazy deppression and anxiety, it even got to a point were i was almost mentally unstable. But my constant seeking of God and asking many to Pray for me did the magic.

Atheism doesn't solve the problem, it only takes away you hope(your ability to get Godly and permanent help).

Begin to seek God's help and you would find him. He's a friend and a gentle man. He won't force himself on you.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by Jackanda1(m): 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Has nothing to do with any god. You need a shrink. Unfortunately we don't take mental health serious in this part of the world
Does the pills psychiatrist prescribe take away mental health problems?

How long do this pills last?

The problem with atheist is pride and over sabi. The same issue lucifer had.
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by AnyanwuSilas: 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jackanda1:
I can assure you that God does exist. We might not understand his ways, but he's still working.

I was an atheist for for 6 to 7 years,(check the threads on my profile) until i decided to swallow pride, humble myself to seek him. It took me more than two years and crazy demonic attacks to come to a point were i understood that this world is more than what the eye sees.

I had crazy deppression and anxiety, it even got to a point were i was almost mentally unstable. But my constant seeking of God and asking many to Pray for me did the magic.

Atheism doesn't solve the problem, it only takes away you hope(your ability to get Godly and permanent help).

Begin to seek God's help and you would find him. He's a friend and a gentle man. He won't force himself on you.

The idea of God don't just make sense to me, that's my problem
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jaephoenix(m): 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
dollytino4real:
pls is it wat I should worry for??
It is. Unfortunately we dont usually take mental health serious in Nigeria. Because we are religious, we term it spiritual, or demon possession. There are many drugs you need to take, but you need psychiatric evaluation and counseling first. Nigerians think psychiatrists are for 'mad people' alone. Not true. Even 'Sane people' need shrinks.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jaephoenix(m): 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jackanda1:

Christianity is another mental illness on its own. Unfortunately mostly there’s no insight
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jaephoenix(m): 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jackanda1:
Does the pills psychiatrist prescribe take away mental health problems?

How long do this pills last?

The problem with atheist is pride and over sabi. The same issue lucifer had.
The pills do help.
Mental illness no consign atheism. Mental illness is on its own. Same as atheism

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jackanda1:
Hello, sometime ago, i postd about havng anxiety problems which has affected me in the work place.

So after series of strugles, i had tot abt a lot of self help options including alcohol, cigaretes, and other drugs until i have enough funds to visit a mental health cnter.

Somethng in my head keeps telling me to ask for prayers, i ignored it for some time until on monday when i calld someone to Pray for me.

On tuesday, nothing changed, i was still timid and anxious. We usually hold a 20min prayr and preachng session evry morning.

Any staff can be pickd to preach and pray, i startd avoidng going early so i'm not told to lead, other times, i try alcohol. There had been times were anxiety messd me up in front of co-staffs.

On wednesday, When i got to work sumtin strange happend...I walkd to the prayr room feelng no anxiety atall, i was shockd and excitd at the same time. Anothr suprise is that i was told to preach, which i did without feeling anxious atall, i can nw discus with staff without any fear.....
Thank God...

Don't get carried away though because there are many more hurdles to cross, but God is able to see you through them all.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by Jackanda1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

The idea of God don't just make sense to me, that's my problem
embarassed
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by Jackanda1(m): 8:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Thank God...

Don't get carried away though because there are many more hurdles to cross, but God is able to see you through them all.
Amen.

I'm just excited to feel relieve after a long time. Hehe

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by dollytino4real(f): 10:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

It is. Unfortunately we dont usually take mental health serious in Nigeria. Because we are religious, we term it spiritual, or demon possession. There are many drugs you need to take, but you need psychiatric evaluation and counseling first. Nigerians think psychiatrists are for 'mad people' alone. Not true. Even 'Sane people' need shrinks.
ok thanks 4 d advice, because even my kids will be asking mummy are u crying? If are watching movies
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by jaephoenix(m): 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
dollytino4real:
ok thanks 4 d advice, because even my kids will be asking mummy are u crying? If are watching movies
To be honest, it happens with me too. Though I don't shed tears, what I have is an overpowering feeling of pity at the person
Re: Something Strange Happened After Someone Prayed For Me by dollytino4real(f): 6:25am On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

To be honest, it happens with me too. Though I don't shed tears, what I have is an overpowering feeling of pity at the person
dat is eh! Dis tears dey even shame me atimes because is not necessary in all the time they flow freely

(1) (Reply)

They Found Me, The Illuminati / Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible / Download All Apostle Joshua Selman 2023 Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.