Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. (209705 Views)

Please Help (Cost to Construct Concrete Parapet) / How To Construct Concrete Facial For Your Parapet Roof Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by kopell: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Professor spyder880, Good job is your logo Ooo keep it up. Watching on the sideline.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by cleric(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nice but one of the bad examples u gave is the method i used. angry
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
cleric: Nice but one of the bad examples u gave is the method i used. angry

Which one is that Sir?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by cleric(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
spyder880:

Which one is that Sir?
Using the roofing sheet in place of a parapet. wink
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2014
We shall continue with this series today. I am hoping to free some time to continue with the topic with close examples in pictures. Watch this space.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Ardent: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
Spyder880 you being helpful but i need your advise on this
can a building without pillars go with pre cast parapet and is there any disadvantages at all?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by koman: 6:32am On Nov 27, 2014
Ardent:
can a building without pillars go with pre cast parapet and is there any disadvantages at all?

Building without pillars shocked
The pre cast parapet is also very heavy so you need adequate columns and pillars to support the building.
Its a NO NO for me.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ardent:

I have seen a lot of people do this without pillars, but I think pillars are very necessary.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by TeeA1480: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Spyder880 is dis what u re into. If not can u please give me the contact of someone that is into building parapet d precast method. Someone u can guarantee his work please
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
TeeA1480:
Spyder880 is dis what u re into. If not can u please give me the contact of someone that is into building parapet d precast method. Someone u can guarantee his work please

The location of your project?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by TeeA1480: 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ikorodu, Lagos
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by TeeA1480: 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Oga Spyder880, u didn't even reply me again. Hope all is well, pls i still need d information
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
TeeA1480:
Oga Spyder880, u didn't even reply me again. Hope all is well, pls i still need d information

Please contact Muyesky of nairaland. He is based in Lagos and can help you with the request. PM him. Thanks.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Cypost: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 8:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
With I have the chance to blog about another different type of fascia we did sometime ago, coming soon.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 11:09am On Apr 10, 2015
http://amazingviewpoints..com/

More samples updated
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by rakumiii(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you sell Polystyrene Cornice materials?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by rakumiii(m): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
adegbitetunji:
www.polyindustries.com.ng/products/non-structural-forms/polycoat-cornice/

Is this company a Nigerian owned company? Do they manufacture the products there or do they import the finished products?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
rakumiii:

Is this company a Nigerian owned company? Do they manufacture the products there or do they import the finished products?

l think it's a Nigerian company that manufactures in Nigeria.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by NaijaFutbol: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
spyder880:
10 questions.......

1. is the parapet worth the hype?
2. Is pre cast better than the full cast?
3. Is the costs worth the aestethic value it can place on the building?
4. Can I add this to my private home or to a block of flats for rents?
5. What are the positives?
6. Shebi everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage?
7. Can it prevent burglaries?
8. Can it prevent rodents and bats from hiding in my ceiling?
9. Does it limit indoor ventilation?
10. Can I do this parapet if my roof has been roofed before?

Spyder,

Did you answer any of these questions anywhere?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2015
NaijaFutbol:

Spyder,

Did you answer any of these questions anywhere?

Not fully, I have always meant to write a full article on those questions, but time has been scarce.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 12:58am On Jul 25, 2015
In a few days from now, am gonna upload some new paraoet techniques developed by my workers, this will be a little different than normal but still a concrete cast.

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by slovely: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
I need somebody to do Parapet for my building. Please any contact in Port Harcourt?
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
The inverted 3 steps with a style

1 Like

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by spyder880(m): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
The inverted 4 steps

Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by befto: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
@spyder880,
What type of roofing sheet is this?
What make?

spyder880:
The inverted 3 steps with a style
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Empiree: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
befto:
@spyder880,
What type of roofing sheet is this?
What make?

aluminum step tiles, i believe.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by befto: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thank you.
Appreciate that.
I know they are step tiles but wanted to know what make?
E.g Sumo, Tower, First aluminium, etc...
Empiree:
aluminum step tiles, i believe.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Empiree: 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
befto:
Thank you.
Appreciate that.
I know they are step tiles but wanted to know what make?
E.g Sumo, Tower, First aluminium, etc...
I would imagine it is bolded one.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by befto: 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thank you.
Do you know much about Sumo or Tower? Do you have experience with different brands? which ones are the best and which ones are value for money? I heard Tower is very expensive.
Empiree:
I would imagine is it bolded one.
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by Empiree: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
befto:
Thank you.
Do you know much about Sumo or Tower? Do you have experience with different brands? which ones are the best and which ones are value for money? I heard Tower is very expensive.
I hear about Tower and Aluminum here a lot. Your question could be answered better by spyder880, Hajj mufutau55, EgunMogaji, abdulwastecx, goodyearsam123 and others
Re: Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. by befto: 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thank you. I will pose the question to Spyder880.

Thanks again

Empiree:
I hear about Tower and Aluminum here a lot. Your question could be answered better by spyder880, Hajj mufutau55, EgunMogaji, abdulwastecx, goodyearsam123 and others

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.