Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? (960 Views)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Eviana(f): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
Doremii:
Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, etc

Moses? Wow....wasn't aware of that.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Doremii: 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
Eviana:

Moses? Wow....wasn't aware of that.

He was a polygamous man despite being levite. There's nothing wrong with polygamy if it is done well. The white just criminalise it. A woman who doesn't want to stay in polygamy can file for divorce.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
Doremii:
... I still consider it far better than homosexuality that God destroyed cities of sodom and gomorrah because of. ...!

Correction! It is not because of homosexuality but because of ALL THE EVILS THEY DID EG HOMOSEXUALITY, BEASTIALITY, IDOLATRY, MURDER, WRECKFULL LIVING, LYING, ADULTERY ETC.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Eviana(f): 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Can you reference a society/family that The God of Israel destroyed because of Polygamy?

I know of Sodom and Gomorrah, so tell us or show us where The God of Israel destroyed anyone/society because of Polygamy?

Mama Kobjunkie, I guess this is your new moniker or the alternate?

Nope, I cannot. I never said that He destroyed a polygamous person or society.
If you read my initial comment and discern it very clearly, you would see where my issue lies. Please re-read it slowly.

Your guess would be 1000 percent wrong.
I've had interactions on a few occasions (none of which were positive or fruitful) with Kobojunkie-- whom I didn't know she's a "she"-- in the past.
Anyone with a mustard seed of spiritual discernment would know without a doubt that we are not the same.
I even got a thread banned which was addressed as "Letter to Kobojunki" a few years back.
Soon as I wrote it, it was immediately hidden. I don't create monikers in order to engage in a Hegelian dialectic manner--in order to pass an agenda. I don't create an outrageous, fantastical trolling moniker only to have another moniker converse with it. Only those that do that know exactly why they do it.
I am not a part of the Nairaland "elite". I am me.
Every thread and comment I make, I actually mean in real life and would tell you so if I ever would meet you in real life. I have my Creator watching me (although I do misbehave sometimes) and that means a whole lot to me.

My active monikers here are E viana and E viana3 and I am a very real woman behind them. I've probably had a total of about 6-7 former monikers all of whom are deactivated.There are folks who have conversed with me offline several times through phone calls a few years back who could (if honest) confirm that.

Nice try, but if you want Kobjunkie to come on here, just bring her on over without trying to make me appear fraudulent and low-key start mess.
I get it: you advocate for polygamy-- the more wives the merrier. One million wives and 10 million children.
To each his own.
I stand by my words: God never sanctioned polygamy.
Nice meeting you sir smiley
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Eviana(f): 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
Doremii:
He was a polygamous man despite being levite. There's nothing wrong with polygamy if it is done well. The white just criminalise it. A woman who doesn't want to stay in polygamy can file for divorce.

See you're not giving scripture...
But that's ok. You're uncomfortable.

Is that your experience as a polygamist or product of a polygamous family?
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Eviana(f): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Abraham had Two concurrently and there was Keturrah much later. Making Three

Moses had Two

Jacob had Four ( Two Sisters and their Handmaid's : making Four) The Twelve Kids from this Union is what the Bible refered to as the Nation of Israel.

David had at least 3 Wives

Solomon had Three Hundred wives and Seven hundred Concubines

I have been reading the Bible for over 40 years now and I have not come across where the God of Israel condemned these men for being Pygamous on the contrary, God of Israel bless them
. Perhaps you can point me to where I can read Jehovah wraths on them for being polygamous.

Wow...40 years?
God blessed them for being polygamous?
Ok....
It would have been nice to have listed scripture and context of each of the men above--and how some of them got multiple wives. Culture--not God's Word--is what ruled...
I, sir cannot point you to God's wrath-- because as I said before, humans are "free-will" agents in Christianity..which you should know.
Because He allowed it and didn't strike anybody dead immediately who engaged in it, doesn't mean that He condoned it.
I also never said God destroyed societies because of polygamy. I said He never sanctioned it.
Again, please re-read my first comment on the thread.
Look at the consequences for choices we-humans have made which had negative, long lasting destructive results.
It's ok....we can agree to disagree.
Polygamy works for you---and your family...
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by FarmTech(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
Doremii:
The fact still remains that God did not sanction all those guys. You are only talking about the negative side of it. I still consider it far better than homosexuality that God destroyed cities of sodom and gomorrah because of. One of the purposes of our existence is to become populous and polygamy helps in achieving this. The white should legalise polygamy instead of homosexuality!
To whom more is given, more is expected from. For Christians, it is one man one wife. We won't be judged the same way as old testament people. We have Christ, they didn't.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by FarmTech(m): 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Can you reference a society/family that The God of Israel destroyed because of Polygamy?

I know of Sodom and Gomorrah, so tell us or show us where The God of Israel destroyed anyone/society because of Polygamy?

Mama Kobojunkie, I guess this is your new moniker or the alternate?
Eviana CANNOT be Kobojunkie. Checkout their posts and you will see the difference. Arguing with Kobojunkie is always futile. I've done that in the past. Imagine he/she supporting christians who sing dirty songs, crack dirty jokes, watch dirty movies and dress half naked. So Kobojunkie is a 'she'? I thought it was a 'he'. On the other hand, Eviana is more reasonable in her ideologies. Also frank.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Eviana(f): 1:46am On Feb 14, 2023
Lukuluku69,
I went to investigate you to see if I could find evidence about my theory that you were not a Christian.
Gotcha-- found it on a thread about a man asking Mr. Daddy Freeze about having sex with his numerous wives at the same time or something.

On that thread you stated that you are a "Muslim" and could answer a particular poster's question/statement.

No way could a bible-believing Christian be fighting as hard as you were about polygamy when the bible states otherwise. You claimed you read the bible for 40 years....if so, then when you pray sincerely for the Holy Spirit to guide you, He will do so and grant you understanding of His Word, discernment and also change your heart.

Are Muslim men supposed to be conversing with Christian women in public and online? I would like to know cause I'm unaware of all of the rules.
You are not representing Islam well at all to a non-believer as myself...and I am dead serious.

Let me just end it right here.....
I surely hope I don't get banned.
Hope you have a peaceful rest.

P.S. I accept and forgive you for falsely implying that I am another moniker because you were enraged about my comments.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:41am On Feb 14, 2023
Eviana:
Lukuluku69,
I went to investigate you to see if I could find evidence about my theory that you were not a Christian.
Gotcha-- found it on a thread about a man asking Mr. Daddy Freeze about having sex with his numerous wives at the same time or something.

On that thread you stated that you are a "Muslim" and could answer a particular poster's question/statement.

No way could a bible-believing Christian be fighting as hard as you were about polygamy when the bible states otherwise. You claimed you read the bible for 40 years....if so, then when you pray sincerely for the Holy Spirit to guide you, He will do so and grant you understanding of His Word, discernment and also change your heart.

Are Muslim men supposed to be conversing with Christian women in public and online? I would like to know cause I'm unaware of all of the rules.
You are not representing Islam well at all to a non-believer as myself...and I am dead serious.

Let me just end it right here.....
I surely hope I don't get banned.
Hope you have a peaceful rest.

P.S. I accept and forgive you for falsely implying that I am another moniker because you were enraged about my comments.

Aunty calm down.

And Yes I am a Muslim and yes it is not permissible for a man to converse with any woman but online and offline ( who is not what we call Maharam) but that excludes Intellectual discuss on matter of Faith.

I can see that you have done a lot of research on me. That is okay.

And I am sorry for mistaken you for someone. I apologize for that. It just seems the writing styles and expressions looks the same to me a d I was wrong to just jumped into a conclusion. I am sorry about that.

On the issue of Polygamy, well I don't think your opinions nor mine are that important. Polygamy has been with Mankind for Thousands of years before us and it will forever be with Humankind as long as the World exist. That I am super sure of.

The mistake most Christians make and to some extent Muslims is to believe that Polygamy is a MUST. it is not. Occasions and circumstances demands and call for it.

Reading the Bible, it was Sarah who gave Hagar hand in Marriage to Abraham and Jacob wives gave their Handmaids hands too! Why? So that the family will have more kids! Sarah was barren, and the Bible says she gave Hagar to Abraham, in order to have a child thru her!

And in all my readings of the scriptures, I have not come across God condemnation of Polygamy. If you come across one, please show me.

And again, it is okay to just stop the mentions since it is inappropriate to converse with a man who is a Muslim online and offline.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:42am On Feb 14, 2023
FarmTech:

Eviana CANNOT be Kobojunkie. Checkout their posts and you will see the difference. Arguing with Kobojunkie is always futile. I've done that in the past. Imagine he/she supporting christians who sing dirty songs, crack dirty jokes, watch dirty movies and dress half naked. So Kobojunkie is a 'she'? I thought it was a 'he'. On the other hand, Eviana is more reasonable in her ideologies. Also frank.

Yes, they are not the same. It was an assumption on my part.

I apologize for that.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:45am On Feb 14, 2023
Eviana:

Nope, I cannot. I never said that He destroyed a polygamous person or society.
If you read my initial comment and discern it very clearly, you would see where my issue lies. Please re-read it slowly.

Your guess would be 1000 percent wrong.
I've had interactions on a few occasions (none of which were positive or fruitful) with Kobojunkie-- whom I didn't know she's a "she"-- in the past.
Anyone with a mustard seed of spiritual discernment would know without a doubt that we are not the same.
I even got a thread banned which was addressed as "Letter to Kobojunki" a few years back.
Soon as I wrote it, it was immediately hidden. I don't create monikers in order to engage in a Hegelian dialectic manner--in order to pass an agenda. I don't create an outrageous, fantastical trolling moniker only to have another moniker converse with it. Only those that do that know exactly why they do it.
I am not a part of the Nairaland "elite". I am me.
Every thread and comment I make, I actually mean in real life and would tell you so if I ever would meet you in real life. I have my Creator watching me (although I do misbehave sometimes) and that means a whole lot to me.

My active monikers here are E viana and E viana3 and I am a very real woman behind them. I've probably had a total of about 6-7 former monikers all of whom are deactivated.There are folks who have conversed with me offline several times through phone calls a few years back who could (if honest) confirm that.

Nice try, but if you want Kobjunkie to come on here, just bring her on over without trying to make me appear fraudulent and low-key start mess.
I get it: you advocate for polygamy-- the more wives the merrier. One million wives and 10 million children.
To each his own.
I stand by my words: God never sanctioned polygamy.
Nice meeting you sir smiley

I apologize for mixing you up with someone else.
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Eviana(f): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Aunty calm down.

And Yes I am a Muslim and yes it is not permissible for a man to converse with any woman but online
and offline ( who is not what we call Maharam) but that excludes Intellectual discuss on matter of Faith.

I can see that you have done a lot of research on me. That is okay.

And I am sorry for mistaken you for someone. I apologize for that. It just seems the writing styles and expressions looks the same to me a d I was wrong to just jumped into a conclusion. I am sorry about that.

On the issue of Polygamy, well I don't think your opinions nor mine are that important. Polygamy has been with Mankind for Thousands of years before us and it will forever be with Humankind as long as the World exist. That I am super sure of.

The mistake most Christians make and to some extent Muslims is to believe that Polygamy is a MUST. it is not. Occasions and circumstances demands and call for it.

Reading the Bible, it was Sarah who gave Hagar hand in Marriage to Abraham and Jacob wives gave their Handmaids hands too! Why? So that the family will have more kids! Sarah was barren, and the Bible says she gave Hagar to Abraham, in order to have a child thru her!

And in all my readings of the scriptures, I have not come across God condemnation of Polygamy. If you come across one, please show me.

And again, it is okay to just stop the mentions since it is inappropriate to converse with a man who is a Muslim online and offline.

Sir,
This will be my final reply on the thread to you. I need to reply because it is extremely important that I acknowledge your comment other than a "like". You replied like a grown man--which I appreciate, so I need to humbly and gracefully acknowledge that.
I'm calm now..thank you for understanding my emotions due to a lot of what you wrote. Men and women, unfortunately, express extreme emotions on this platform daily.

Your apology is forgiven and appreciated. I did not think you were gonna actually give one. My "assumption"--in my head--was proven wrong. Perhaps since she has now been allegedly revealed as a female, it's our similar emotions. Our beliefs, however, couldn't be any further apart than they already are.
I have said that the person behind that moniker is the most dangerous person in the religion section because of the use of scripture being twisted. She's on my prayer list--been there for awhile.

Since you are reading the bible, I would advise you to go back in Genesis and read God's design for marriage and then the entire accounts of Abraham and Jacob. Genesis is rather extensive, but you will find it I'm sure. Yep, they engaged in polygamy...but go back and read what God originally stated.
Read the entire context and not just cherry-pick certain parts that support your desires.
I think that you are so passionate about your religion's beliefs that you have superimposed them on mine. You have decided to not understand what I have written because your mind is closed.
I spoke about God's will vs. God's permissive will vs. man's "free-will"... all totally different things.
I'll leave it there.
You be blessed and again, "thank you" for apologizing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by Janosky: 12:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Eviana:

Sir,
This will be my final reply on the thread to you. I need to reply because it is extremely important that I acknowledge your comment other than a "like". You replied like a grown man--which I appreciate, so I need to humbly and gracefully acknowledge that.
I'm calm now..thank you for understanding my emotions due to a lot of what you wrote. Men and women, unfortunately, express extreme emotions on this platform daily.

Your apology is forgiven and appreciated. I did not think you were gonna actually give one. My "assumption"--in my head--was proven wrong. Perhaps since she has now been allegedly revealed as a female, it's our similar emotions. Our beliefs, however, couldn't be any further apart than they already are.
I have said that the person behind that moniker is the most dangerous person in the religion section because of the use of scripture being twisted. She's on my prayer list--been there for awhile.

Since you are reading the bible, I would advise you to go back in Genesis and read God's design for marriage and then the entire accounts of Abraham and Jacob. Genesis is rather extensive, but you will find it I'm sure. Yep, they engaged in polygamy...but go back and read what God originally stated.
Read the entire context and not just cherry-pick certain parts that support your desires.
I think that you are so passionate about your religion's beliefs that you have superimposed them on mine. You have decided to not understand what I have written because your mind is closed.
I spoke about God's will vs. God's permissive will vs. man's "free-will"... all totally different things.
I'll leave it there.
You be blessed and again, "thank you" for apologizing.
Kobojunkie is a real junkie high on something & reading her Bible upside down. grin grin
Re: Why Do Westerners Hate Polygamy But Embrace Homosexuality? by tctrills: 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
Doremii:
I mean it sounds and feels odd for them to embrace sodomy to the extent of joining them in the church of God. All the Abrahamic religions accept polygamy but homosexuality is a no no. This people are so weird to me right now!
So western nations are not for or against sodomy. They are only saying that it is up to the individual to make the decision. It's called freedom of choice.
For polygamy on the other hand, it's a system that can't be controled or protected by law.
It becomes very easy to trample upon the rights of a woman.
Let me give you a simple example.
A man and a woman get married, if eventually they divorce, the man moves out of the house while the woman continues to take care of the kids in their house.
Now imagine the man had 3 wives in that house, how would the law settle it ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

False Prophet Uebert Angel Implicated In Money Laundering / Live : For What ? / Abuzola Should Emulate Olabowale; Davidylan Should Emulate Olaadegbu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.