Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,554 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You (4705 Views)

I Pity Any Lady That Will Marry Me / “father Pity Me And Send A Man To Me” – Nigerian Lady Cries Out / “ Limit The Dick Intakes. Pity Your Future Husband. " - Nigerian Lady Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by parkervero(m): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2023
Hit somebody in the right spot.
Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by jagaban002(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2023
Very good topic , Lagos comes with a lot of expenses but it always favour business people than salary earners .
I left Ibadan to start my business in Lagos at 2019 and it's 4 years already but i can never archive what I have in Ibadan if have not make that decision.

I never rented house at mainland ,lekki or expensive area just to make things easier and have my business not far from where I stay.
I only have one boy so I won't be spending much but I have 4 boys now .
So Lagos is the best to grow u just have to plan urself well .

1 Like

Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by mayor02(m): 10:21am On Feb 12, 2023
Itohanmiwa:
I love this thread op. It shows you must've done some critical thinking to arrive at this topic. During my service year I was posted to Lagos after camp I tried looking for a decent accommodation, the keyword being "decent". The least I saw was 700k with subsequent payments of 500k annually, and this was just a single room self contain. I sat down thought about my plans for my future and how much I would get monthly " 33k". The daredevil in me wanted to take the risk but I thought about how I could practically finish the service year saving nothing and had to work my relocation to Benin city. That was the best decision I took as I was able to purchase a piece of land for myself in my village SAPELE. I already started livestock rearing and will gamble more on my land in terms of agriculture until I am ready to settle down. Truth is most knuckleheads in lagos who refuse to think will end up going back to their various villages to retire in old age filled with regrets of the risk they didn't take earlier.

Wawu! Thank God you looked before you leaped
You have foresight and wisdom

1 Like

Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by Itohanmiwa: 11:10am On Feb 12, 2023
mayor02:

Wawu! Thank God you looked before you leaped
You have foresight and wisdom
Thanks boss. These are the kind of topics that needs to be pushed to front page so many people can throw more insights and this topic might just save a few people from making avoidable mistakes.
Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by mayor02(m): 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
jagaban002:
Very good topic , Lagos comes with a lot of expenses but it always favour business people than salary earners .
I left Ibadan to start my business in Lagos at 2019 and it's 4 years already but i can never archive what I have in Ibadan if have not make that decision.

I never rented house at mainland ,lekki or expensive area just to make things easier and have my business not far from where I stay.

Hmm
Good personal success story to motivate us
And other good points to note
Doing business is better than salary job in Lagos.
Planning is important
Note taken. Thanks
Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by jclassiq(m): 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
Nazgul:
What I'll advise is to save your salary and open a business, the business would compliment your salary. A well furnished bar in a choice location in lagos with space for car wash can fetch you over a million naira profit monthly.

If you're earning 200k, but know a bank manager personally who can grant you access to loans, you can easily get a loan and set up the business.

Surviving in lagos is wisdom, you must build healthy relationships with people that matter. Know your bank manager personally, know the DOP of the station closest to your business personally. Once in a while invite them for a drink. If you get into trouble the DPO can easily help you out, if you need cash the BM can give you a helping hand...and Lagos has the population to make any sincere and hardworking person succeed

The problem with most guys is that the only thing they think about once small money starts coming their way is women, that's all, no plans on how to expand their income, zero ability to build a network of contacts...just sex sex and more sex. This is why they struggle in life.

There's nothing wrong with working in lagos, you just have to learn how to think outside the box.
Na because sex cheap for lagos nah. And it's about the only thing that give people joy...
Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by jclassiq(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2023
True story.

Lagos is grossly over-hyped. There is absolutely nothing attractive about this town but people are still drawn to it like moth to light. Greatest irony of life.

If i had my way I'd be in Abuja or any other town except this one. Human beings live like animals here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by Karleb(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
jagaban002:

Exactly. How many jobs of 100k are outside of Lagos?

Forget it, Lagos is the place if you want to grow your career or business. It comes with the stress of course but not everyone in Lagos live in those expensive areas.

After the growth, you can go back to your village but I'm tired of people talking about the stress alone.

The stress comes with its own rewards if you know what you are doing.

2 Likes

Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by Justkatty(f): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2023
Karleb:

Exactly. How many jobs of 100k are outside of Lagos?

Forget it, Lagos is the place if you want to grow your career or business. It comes with the stress of course but not everyone in Lagos live in those expensive areas.

After the growth, you can go back to your village but I'm tired of people talking about the stress alone.

The stress comes with its own rewards if you know what you are doing.

With the jobs of 100k you'll still spend more than 80% of your salary on either rent,food or transport, it's not like that in other states

The reason I love Lagos is just the opportunities that abound

2 Likes

Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by MrNice04(m): 7:45pm On Jun 16
mayor02:
If you are not making atleast 500,000 monthly in Lagos, then you are wasting yourself in Lagos and you are just living to work, eat and die. What a sad life.

The goal is to live a good life, good standard life for yourself and family. You cannot achieve that in Lagos with a minimum of 500,000 monthly considering the high cost of rent in good area.

The average Lagosian is living a miserable life with hours in traffic daily shuttling the Island and iyana ipaja or Berger or ikotun. God did not make us to come and suffer like that.

If you do not see a bright future in Lagos, please save money and be very stingy for atleast 2 - 5 years. Save all the money you can and don’t even think of getting married yet. After you have gathered reasonable amount. Please run away without looking back. Start a big business in another location where quality housing is affordable, transportation is not stressful and killing your health. You can live a happy, peaceful and good life outside Lagos. You can be visiting Lagos and Abuja for fun and flex. Think people !!

You are not a tree that stays in one position till it dies. Change is constant and God gave us Brain to plan our lives.
Life is sweet. Don’t die without living embarassed
nice one please brother there's something I want to ask you
Re: People Wasting Their Time Is Lagos, I Pity You by Rainy19: 8:47pm On Jun 16
Lagos is home for Lagosians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is Still In Love With Her Ex / My Wife Is Sleeping With My Gateman (advice Needed) / See What This Pretty Bae Wrote About Her Man (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.