Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign (10387 Views)

Tinubu Adjusts South-East Rallies, Obi Shuns Mondays / People Waiting For Atiku For His Lagos Campaign Rally (PHOTOS) / Several APC Members Killed In Lagos Campaign Crash (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2023
peter0071:
you re dodging the question i asked... when Tinubu came to the South-east?? how many of the chiefs and Obis did he visit?? NONE!!!! yet no one interpreted it wrongly with him. When he came to Akwa Ibom, How many of the chiefs did he visit?? NONE... so why this reaction?

Yoruba are the most tribalistic of all tribe in Nigeria

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Brendaniel: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
So why did Peter Obi come to Lagos and refuse to pay homage to the Oba.
He has visited other SW States and paid homage to Obas
Instead he came to Lagos to engage in a street walk,obstructing traffic and causing unfinished hardship for commuters

Is this part of the Lagos is No Man's land agenda of Ibos who insist Lagos is not Yoruba land?
Is this what Lagosians can expect from him if he wins

You don't visit such people without booking an appointment with them, are you sure Peter Obi did not try booking an appointment and probably did not get any response, if such happens it will be best he doesn't go on an unscheduled visit and be rejected at the gate.

Personally I know the Oba of Lagos is partisan and he doesn't hide it, I won't be surprised such a scenario may have taken place and you don't expect Peter Obi to start announcing such because people like you will come out to insult and mock him.

So be sure before you make any accusation that might turn out to be wrong....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by IGBOSON1: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Hydrophobia?

It’s a possibility! Who in their right mind would risk getting dumped in the filthy lagoon!?

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nightwolf1:

Yes and he could have said more but I persuaded him to forget about the criminal and focus on sane people.
fery vunny
Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Digitron: 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Instead he came to Lagos to engage in a street walk,obstructing traffic and causing unfinished hardship for commuters

Is this part of the Lagos is No Man's land agenda of Ibos who insist Lagos is not Yoruba land?

A formal request to visit the oba was sent to his palace but it was not approved.

What do you want Obi to do?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Abelai: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Did Tinubu visit Oba of Benin when he campaigned in that state? How many Traditional Rulers did Tinubu visit when he went to South East to campaign?
Even if Obi did, it won't still increase his number of votes. Besides, why visit an Oba who is not only obviously partisan but also an individual whose public comments about other ethnic groups leave so much to desire regarding the unity of this country? Oba of Lagos is inside the pocket of APC; even the APC politicians do not respect him. I'm very sad as a Yoruba guy to admit this, but it is what it is!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
peter0071:
you re dodging the question i asked... when Tinubu came to the South-east?? how many of the chiefs and Obis did he visit?? NONE!!!! yet no one interpreted it wrongly with him. When he came to Akwa Ibom, How many of the chiefs did he visit?? NONE... so why this reaction?
If Obi did not visit any SW Oba that would be different
This seems to be passing a message
Lagos is No Man's land

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by donjahsy(m): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Is that what Obi said?
Thats how Tilumbu sees him.

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
Abelai:

Did Tinubu visit Oba of Benin when he campaigned in that state? How many Traditional Rulers did Tinubu visit when he went to South East to campaign?
Even if Obi did, it won't still increase his number of votes. Besides, why visit an Oba who is not only obviously partisan but also an individual whose public comments about other ethnic groups leave so much to desire regarding the unity of this country? Oba of Lagos is inside the pocket of APC; even the APC politicians do not respect. I'm very sad as a Yoruba guy to admit this, but it is what it is!
I m not a Tinubu supporter
Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by peter0071(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
my brother... there is no message being passed... Obi fully respects the indigenes and leadership of Lagos. so until we hear from him on this matter, i would humbly advise that we allow this lie low... just as other tribes allowed theirs to slide
omonnakoda:

Lagos is No Man's land

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by SaiOba: 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
STFU..
How many Ndi EZE did your father pay homage to in all parts of the South East that he went to ?
omonnakoda:

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Abelai: 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Lagos is No Man's land

This comment, ' Lagos is no man's land' , is very wrong. If you want to state this based on the fact that Lagos was once the FCT of Nigeria, what about Abuja? Can someone just go to Abuja and be bragging that it's no man's land? Lagos has the original indigenes (natives). Go and read the history of Lagos. At least, it's more reasonable for the Yorubas to lay claim to Lagos, but for other tribes, this is not correct. I am sure no Yoruba person can go to Onitsha or Kano, and be bragging that those two mentioned cities are nobody's land!. You know what the consequence will be! I amPeter Obi's supporter but this statement is very annoying.

That being said, Nigeria is our dear country, and as Nigerians, we have equal rights to live, reside, trade, and work in any part of the country irrespective of tribes and culture.

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by VinnyBaba: 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
He visited Oba of Benin

Did ur Tinupoo visit the Oba of Benin when he came recently? undecided

Instead he was Busy talking about Yahoo and Gazelle Gagaraga. sad cheesy cheesy

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Abelai: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

I m not a Tinubu supporter

I never said you are one. I'm just doing a comparative analysis.

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Lerio(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Na the Oba wey leave him throne run during end Sars?

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
SaiOba:
STFU..
How many Ndi EZE did your father pay homage to in all parts of the South East that he went to ?
Guy the problem with you so called Obedients is you have no manners and you assume too much
My father is not contesting and has no business in the SE
You go online thinking you can bully every one
Your mouth no big pass my own and you cannot bully me
If you have had success with other people using that approach it will not work with me

Then no born your mother if she see me face to face to tell me STFU
Den no born am make she no call me SIR
So watch your tongue
If your head dey hot put water for radiator

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Leoniine(f): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Well I do not support Tinubu
And if he did not visit that was disrespectful

Oya, goan create a thread on the disrespectful nature of Tinubu first before we take this rubbish of a meaningless thread seriously.

Nonsense.

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Leoniine(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Well it is not too late
He better apologise and make amends

You think too highly of yourself and your ten-naira worth of opinion. grin

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
Leoniine:

Oya, goan create a thread on the disrespectful nature of Tinubu first before we take this rubbish of a meaningless thread seriously.

Nonsense.
Your mother cannot tell me what threads to create
Rubbish
Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
Leoniine:

You think too highly of yourself and your ten-naira worth of opinion. grin
Remind me that Eboe proverb of the nodding lizard
Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2023
Abelai:

This comment, ' Lagos is no man's land' , is very wrong. If you want to state this based on the fact that Lagos was once the FCT of Nigeria, what about Abuja? Can someone just go to Abuja and be bragging that it's no man's land? Lagos has the original indigenes (natives). Go and read the history of Lagos. At least, it's more reasonable for the Yorubas to lay claim to Lagos, but for other tribes, this is not correct. I am sure no Yoruba person can go to Onitsha or Kano, and be bragging that those two mentioned cities are nobody's land!. You know what the consequence will be! I amPeter Obi's supporter but this statement is very annoying.

That being said, Nigeria is our dear country, and as Nigerians, we have equal rights to live, reside, trade, and work in any part of the country irrespective of tribes and culture.
Guy I am from Lagos state you will not teach me about my state
I see you have problems comprehending simple English
Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Guide777(m): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
The politically biased Ọbá of Lagos does not want a visit for obvious reasons.

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Rolings: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Spot on bros!

So then how is PO different from Tinubu

So if Tinubu didnt visit Obi of Onitsha, PO too shouldnt visit Oba of Lagos....how then is one different from the other?

His visiting would have shown he is indeed a different politician.

I believe he will still go and visit him someother day....as an afterthought....by the time Diran onifade points out the error to him..
He did same when he came to ibadan to campaign, he didn't visit the Oba when he came tp flag off his campaign only to show up few days later to visit the Oba.

People are taking note

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by misano(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
IGBO PEOPLE ARE VERY FOOLISH

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by MarketDispatch: 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
You mean the disgraced lagoon Oba or another? Do you know if it was the cantankerous Oba who refused a visit?

Go chop abeg.

Perhaps the Oba of Lagos refused a visit from Obi so that he will not be captured on Camera endorsing Obi whilst pledging loyalty to Balablue....safe landing for the Oba perhaps

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Leoniine(f): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Your mother cannot tell me what threads to create
Rubbish

Like your worthless boil-infested and pus-leaking father can compel Obi to visit whoever?

This is brendaniel's response to you. Why did you conveniently ignore it and you're raising up dust?

You don't visit such people without booking an appointment with them, are you sure Peter Obi did not try booking an appointment and probably did not get any response, if such happens it will be best he doesn't go on an unscheduled visit and be rejected at the gate.

Personally I know the Oba of Lagos is partisan and he doesn't hide it, I won't be surprised such a scenario may have taken place and you don't expect Peter Obi to start announcing such because people like you will come out to insult and mock him.

So be sure before you make any accusation that might turn out to be wrong....

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Ojiofor: 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Well He visited Obas in other states of the SW,is it because he doesn't recognize Oba of Lagos as authentic? Or does he believe Lagos is No Man's land?

Na only you go answer that question.
Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Leoniine(f): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Remind me that Eboe proverb of the nodding lizard

Oga, shut up your stinking mouth and go and chop sand, jare.

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Antoeni(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
Oba of Lagos is Just One Vote , He Has No Level , A King Whose Crown Was Stolen And Nothing Happened, , Even That Tinubu Tout Called MC Oluomo Has More Level & Say in Lagos Than The So Called Oba of Lagos

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Siwisheswereesh: 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
peter0071:

Igbo enwe eze!

Igbos don't have kings cheesy

Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by omonnakoda: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
Leoniine:

Oga, shut up your stinking mouth and go and chop sand, jare.
Your mother is already eating sand.
She will not witness the election
Re: Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign by Bioko2: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Eleko is a tax collector, he is not a true Oba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Plot To Prevent Ayu’s Return Thickens / Sa’id Alkali: Lagos Red Line Rail Will Boost Nigeria's Economy / Thoughts On Delayed Enugu Int'l Airport "take Off"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79