Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number (1391 Views)

Did I Get A Cloned Device? / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone / Beware Of This Fake/cloned Iphone 7 Plus That Is Being Sold Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by popweezy(m): 2:15am On Feb 12, 2023
I started observing this when I checked my airtime balance and surprisingly, saw that I have unsettled credit (loan) and I can't remember me taking airtime loan from GLO.
Also, someone transferred a certain amount of money to me and I was deducted by GTbank for an airtime I didn't buy. Lastly, I logged in my telegram and began to see so many strange contacts as well as groups I didn't even subscribe to.

Experts in the house, pls how do I address this issue? cuz I have been disturbed with all these since yesterday. God bless you all!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by Light78: 2:50am On Feb 12, 2023
My network says I have been blocked temporarily. I wanted to check my airtime balance.
Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by entrep88: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2023
Na so e easy to clone, are you otedola or emoney? Na person close to you dey run you street, check any smallie runs gal wey yahoo boy dey knack with you, your yahoo friend or similar. Yes people clone but am not sure you are worth the stress no be mockery but the truth bro

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by falcon01: 8:06am On Feb 12, 2023
I don't think Cloning will work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by LittleBigDick(m): 8:26am On Feb 12, 2023
Someone has access to your phone

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:51am On Feb 12, 2023
Also happened to my sis, sometimes when you call another female picks the call, telling us it's her number, sometimes it's my sister who answers.
I still don't understand how two people will be using thesame phone number. undecided
It was also a GLO line.
Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by Honwuruwuru: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2023
I was reading your post until I saw GLO in it.

Have you heard people from other network complain of this? The same Glo that will start deducting a caller airtime even when the Glo number that is being called is not going through.

As for the Telegram aspect, I think it has to do with setting or synchronization of a thing. Cos some of my wife contact are also appearing on my Telegram. I guess it's because I use my email to set her phone as recovery email.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by Holybaddo: 2:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
As for me I recharged card on glo
Omo I was sent a message saying recharge successful
Till today they are yet to top my balance
This happened to me twice

Latest one they do now is cutting the call when am discussing something important with friends

Glo should fix all this problems
Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by immanuelsize: 1:14am On Feb 13, 2023
9182736455O1999:
Also happened to my sis, sometimes when you call another female picks the call, telling us it's her number, sometimes it's my sister who answers.
I still don't understand how two people will be using thesame phone number. undecided
It was also a GLO line.
It is a lie. Any prove?
Re: Help!!! Someone Has Cloned My Phone Number by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:27am On Feb 13, 2023
immanuelsize:
It is a lie. Any prove?
I'm not lying. It's been long ago, she'd already lost the sim.

(1) (Reply)

Look Like My Iphone Will Put Me In Trouble One Day. / I Need Android Phone Of 5k / Glo With Pride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.