Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God (11014 Views)

What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / The Real-life Photos That Inspired The Exorcism Of Emily Rose- Audio Inculed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:49am On Feb 12, 2023
How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God

One thing that's been hugely factorial and helpful in my spiritual life, is honesty.

One area that honesty is being illustrated is in my love for God.

Hence despite having forsaken my all to follow Jesus, there were yet times where I've questioned if I really loved God.

I once asked myself on one of such occasions, "do you really love God?"

At that point I wasn't really feeling the love as much and deeply, and had started to grow some doubts and dissatisfactions about it, but when I remembered the huge price I paid as a result, it proved to me beyond any reasonable doubt that I really did, so even i if I said I didn't love God, I will only be lying to myself.

However my crazy love for God hasn't always been a reality.

There was a time when it was just a dream, but several things inspired me towards achieving that dream and bringing it to a reality.

One was the love I had for a certain girl during my teenage days.

It was a weird kind of love which I can't even explain up til now because it was quite crazy.

I couldn't think about anything else but the girl. I had sleepless nights because of her, and it got to the point when I began to lose weight because of thinking about the girl. Someone even asked me if I was sick at the time because I had lost some significant weight, but although I knew exactly why, I couldn't tell him why, because it was all about a girl.

I'd never felt such extent of love for anyone I could think of beforehand, so when I began to walk with God, it wasn't surprising that my mind kept going back to the kind of love I had for the girl.

I felt that if I could love a mere human that much, how much more God?

So it was clear to me that my love for God had to exceed the love I had for the girl, because I believed God deserved so much more.

That thought continued to come back to my mind until that desire became a reality.

Now my love for God has no rival, as it's clearly surpassed that which I had for the girl or anyone else.

You know, in those days, there used to be a lot of love songs we sang so passionately then, but didn't really mean the wordings of the songs?

For instance, "anything I do, I do it for you... I'd cry for you, I'd fight for you, walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you",

Yeah right, because it was usually lies we told ourselves when we sang such love songs at the time. Most of us singing them passionately and loudly then weren't willing to "die for you" as the song says.

Although I loved the girl so much, I didn't mind suffering shame or embarrassment because of her, but death na another ball game oh. My love for her no reach that level, so don't even go there, lol.

That's where my love for God clearly trumps that which i had for the girl, because if i sang to God, "I'd do anything for you", or "i'd die for you", etc., I wouldn't be lying or just saying it with my lips, but from the bottom of my heart because it's true.

I have suffered much shame because of my crazy love for God more than for loving the girl or anyone else.

I have been mocked, arrested, beaten etc., for God's kingdom sake, but whenever I think of it, I feel proud and honoured to have suffered such shame because of my love for God.

But i'm not just willing to suffer shame for His namesake or the preaching the Gospel of Jesus, but I'm also willing to die where need be.

In fact, that is honestly one crazy dreams of mine which I hope God would make come to pass when my work here on Earth is done.

I don't want the apostles to enjoy that rare privilege alone. I want to also partake of that joy where I wouldn't be transiting from the worst possible scenario to the best.

I am so crazy in love with God. I love God to death.

So please if you want to take away everything I have from me, I wouldn't mind, but please don't dare touch God, because God is my life, my breath, God is my everything.

And if loving God is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

God bless.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:49am On Feb 12, 2023
One thing I have come to learn about truly loving God, is that if anyone sowed much love into God bosom, the person would reap a bountiful harvest of love from God.

And there's no better way to love God than to obey His Word.

John 14:21, 23 (KJV)

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:23 (KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

I loved God to the extent of keeping His Word, hence I now abound in God's love as Jesus said in His Word, and God would never let me go no matter what.

The love-bond I have with God is an eternal bond that could never broken.

Thank God for this true love that I found in Him that can never die but abides forever.

God bless.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by chiommy123(f): 7:05am On Feb 12, 2023
I hope to get to this level of faith one day where the only thing that matters to me is God. God bless you

26 Likes

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by AntiChristian: 7:12am On Feb 12, 2023
Your past is really dark o!
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2023
chiommy123:
I hope to get to this level of faith one day where the only thing that matters to me is God. God bless you
Amen!

With God nothing is impossible.

Btw, please don't give much attention to haters of God on this thread. Anything about God is false to them, but anything of the devil is the truth... That's their way.

5 Likes

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by hopefulLandlord: 7:47am On Feb 12, 2023
it's highly unwise for an African to love Yahweh, a Jewish god. How can someone who's ancestors were kidnapped and sold as slaves love a god that saw nothing wrong in slavery?

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Buliwyf: 9:00am On Feb 12, 2023
Another Sunday, another mumu story from this same guy. Anybody that talks and tells stories as much as you do is definitely a liar too.

6 Likes

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by CodeTemplar: 9:12am On Feb 12, 2023
So you no longer keep the words of Jesus alone but that of God also? That's good to know.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Fulanipussy: 9:53am On Feb 12, 2023
Awesome

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by chieveboy(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2023
Nice. God is to be loved, not feared.

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by chatinent: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2023
Akuko Uwa

2 Likes

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Sonnobax15(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2023
grin
I can relate.. That's exactly how christ embassy sent their female disciples to come and capture me and my goons back then in poly angry

2 Likes

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by LeyeWrites: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2023
Too much lies.

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by chudez0147(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2023
DamnNigga
Isoright!
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Edipet(m): 9:56am On Feb 12, 2023
Ok
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Terry44: 10:32am On Feb 12, 2023
How come you always have stories to tell

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Starships4u(m): 10:33am On Feb 12, 2023
Nice
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by womenareapezz: 10:46am On Feb 12, 2023
Love God and not those useless piece of shiit called naija women undecided
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Imka: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2023
@ jesujnr youre a deeply misguided fellow. Youre still wallowing in ignorance . You have a zeal for the things of God but without knowledge. you cant say love God because of your fluctuating emotions. what works have you done via this your strong emotional love for God? Has it made you feed the hungry, or clothe the naked? Or visit those sick in the hospital? Or those in captivity in prison? what did your deep emotional love for the girl help her achieve? Apart from driving you insane. please we expect better from you professing christians and you silly mods that quickly push every rubbish to fp

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by henrydav: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
I can relate.. That's exactly how christ embassy sent their female disciples to come and capture me and my goons back then in poly angry
Do you nack them when they came?

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Franking: 10:55am On Feb 12, 2023
Dream on, dreamer.

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Franking: 10:57am On Feb 12, 2023
Who be God, abeg?
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Uchedizzy(f): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2023
I love GOD above every other thing

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by hashtagged(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2023
Your love for God is good but

You can't equate the lust you had for a girl to that you are supposed to have for God. The love you think you have for God is just a feeling of Guilt, because you experienced deep attraction for someone else instead of God.

The kind of love we should have for God is divine, that of understanding, acceptance and respect, don't equate it to the love that is run by hormones. You need to deepen your understanding of God to understand this.

2 Likes

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Annahh(f): 11:28am On Feb 12, 2023
I understand this love, I love God dearly too. No one can get that amount of love.

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by winner37(m): 11:39am On Feb 12, 2023
Same here ooo

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by ICEWIN: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
HYPOCRITE EVERYWHERE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? / The Mysteries Of The Kolanut & The Creation Of The Kolanut Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.