Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,342 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God (11017 Views)

What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / The Real-life Photos That Inspired The Exorcism Of Emily Rose- Audio Inculed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by MOBBDEEP: 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God

One thing that's been hugely factorial and helpful in my spiritual life, is honesty.

One area that honesty is being illustrated is in my love for God.

Hence despite having forsaken my all to follow Jesus, there were yet times where I've questioned if I really loved God.

I once asked myself on one of such occasions, "do you really love God?"

At that point I wasn't really feeling the love as much and deeply, and had started to grow some doubts and dissatisfactions about it, but when I remembered the huge price I paid as a result, it proved to me beyond any reasonable doubt that I really did, so even i if I said I didn't love God, I will only be lying to myself.

However my crazy love for God hasn't always been a reality.

There was a time when it was just a dream, but several things inspired me towards achieving that dream and bringing it to a reality.

One was the love I had for a certain girl during my teenage days.

It was a weird kind of love which I can't even explain up til now because it was quite crazy.

I couldn't think about anything else but the girl. I had sleepless nights because of her, and it got to the point when I began to lose weight because of thinking about the girl. Someone even asked me if I was sick at the time because I had lost some significant weight, but although I knew exactly why, I couldn't tell him why, because it was all about a girl.

I'd never felt such extent of love for anyone I could think of beforehand, so when I began to walk with God, it wasn't surprising that my mind kept going back to the kind of love I had for the girl.

I felt that if I could love a mere human that much, how much more God?

So it was clear to me that my love for God had to exceed the love I had for the girl, because I believed God deserved so much more.

That thought continued to come back to my mind until that desire became a reality.

Now my love for God has no rival, as it's clearly surpassed that which I had for the girl or anyone else.

You know, in those days, there used to be a lot of love songs we sang so passionately then, but didn't really mean the wordings of the songs?

For instance, "anything I do, I do it for you... I'd cry for you, I'd fight for you, walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you",

Yeah right, because it was usually lies we told ourselves when we sang such love songs at the time. Most of us singing them passionately and loudly then weren't willing to "die for you" as the song says.

Although I loved the girl so much, I didn't mind suffering shame or embarrassment because of her, but death na another ball game oh. My love for her no reach that level, so don't even go there, lol.

That's where my love for God clearly trumps that which i had for the girl, because if i sang to God, "I'd do anything for you", or "i'd die for you", etc., I wouldn't be lying or just saying it with my lips, but from the bottom of my heart because it's true.

I have suffered much shame because of my crazy love for God more than for loving the girl or anyone else.

I have been mocked, arrested, beaten etc., for God's kingdom sake, but whenever I think of it, I feel proud and honoured to have suffered such shame because of my love for God.

But i'm not just willing to suffer shame for His namesake or the preaching the Gospel of Jesus, but I'm also willing to die where need be.

In fact, that is honestly one crazy dreams of mine which I hope God would make come to pass when my work here on Earth is done.

I don't want the apostles to enjoy that rare privilege alone. I want to also partake of that joy where I wouldn't be transiting from the worst possible scenario to the best.

I am so crazy in love with God. I love God to death.

So please if you want to take away everything I have from me, I wouldn't mind, but please don't dare touch God, because God is my life, my breath, God is my everything.

And if loving God is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

God bless.

Are you a fanatic?
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Bfly: 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2023
Man! Just dey thank God for life.
You say you go fit die for God. Make dem no dare touch am.
Sha dey pray make God protect you from sapa because if sapa catch you go forget most of dis tins.

Some people do pass.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by elinaxy(m): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
hashtagged:
Your love for God is good but

You can't equate the lust you had for a girl to that you are supposed to have for God. The love you think you have for God is just a feeling of Guilt, because you experienced deep attraction for someone else instead of God.

The kind of love we should have for God is divine, that of understanding, acceptance and respect, don't equate it to the love that is run by hormones. You need to deepen your understanding of God to understand this.
at this juncture I think you're right
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by gohf: 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God

One thing that's been hugely factorial and helpful in my spiritual life, is honesty.

One area that honesty is being illustrated is in my love for God.

Hence despite having forsaken my all to follow Jesus, there were yet times where I've questioned if I really loved God.

I once asked myself on one of such occasions, "do you really love God?"

At that point I wasn't really feeling the love as much and deeply, and had started to grow some doubts and dissatisfactions about it, but when I remembered the huge price I paid as a result, it proved to me beyond any reasonable doubt that I really did, so even i if I said I didn't love God, I will only be lying to myself.

However my crazy love for God hasn't always been a reality.

There was a time when it was just a dream, but several things inspired me towards achieving that dream and bringing it to a reality.

One was the love I had for a certain girl during my teenage days.

It was a weird kind of love which I can't even explain up til now because it was quite crazy.

I couldn't think about anything else but the girl. I had sleepless nights because of her, and it got to the point when I began to lose weight because of thinking about the girl. Someone even asked me if I was sick at the time because I had lost some significant weight, but although I knew exactly why, I couldn't tell him why, because it was all about a girl.

I'd never felt such extent of love for anyone I could think of beforehand, so when I began to walk with God, it wasn't surprising that my mind kept going back to the kind of love I had for the girl.

I felt that if I could love a mere human that much, how much more God?

So it was clear to me that my love for God had to exceed the love I had for the girl, because I believed God deserved so much more.

That thought continued to come back to my mind until that desire became a reality.

Now my love for God has no rival, as it's clearly surpassed that which I had for the girl or anyone else.

You know, in those days, there used to be a lot of love songs we sang so passionately then, but didn't really mean the wordings of the songs?

For instance, "anything I do, I do it for you... I'd cry for you, I'd fight for you, walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you",

Yeah right, because it was usually lies we told ourselves when we sang such love songs at the time. Most of us singing them passionately and loudly then weren't willing to "die for you" as the song says.

Although I loved the girl so much, I didn't mind suffering shame or embarrassment because of her, but death na another ball game oh. My love for her no reach that level, so don't even go there, lol.

That's where my love for God clearly trumps that which i had for the girl, because if i sang to God, "I'd do anything for you", or "i'd die for you", etc., I wouldn't be lying or just saying it with my lips, but from the bottom of my heart because it's true.

I have suffered much shame because of my crazy love for God more than for loving the girl or anyone else.

I have been mocked, arrested, beaten etc., for God's kingdom sake, but whenever I think of it, I feel proud and honoured to have suffered such shame because of my love for God.

But i'm not just willing to suffer shame for His namesake or the preaching the Gospel of Jesus, but I'm also willing to die where need be.

In fact, that is honestly one crazy dreams of mine which I hope God would make come to pass when my work here on Earth is done.

I don't want the apostles to enjoy that rare privilege alone. I want to also partake of that joy where I wouldn't be transiting from the worst possible scenario to the best.

I am so crazy in love with God. I love God to death.

So please if you want to take away everything I have from me, I wouldn't mind, but please don't dare touch God, because God is my life, my breath, God is my everything.

And if loving God is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

God bless.
my brother I love you, and I hope one day we would meet

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by Ehmmah588(m): 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
I can relate well bro..That love you have for God that is sooo deep,pure and peacefull...Bro its indescribable smiley

1 Like

Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:43am On Feb 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
So you no longer keep the words of Jesus alone but that of God also? That's good to know.
Am i surprised that you don't believe or know that Jesus is the Word of God? John 1:1

And that keeping the His Word is all a man needs to gain God's love and presence? John 14:21, 23.

What else does a man need?

Though people who serve mammon hate (the teachings of) Jesus, the Word of God with passion, because It brings their evil thoughts to light, so not suprised that you can't stand it.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by CodeTemplar: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Am i surprised that you don't believe or know that Jesus is the Word of God? John 1:1

And that keeping the His Word is all a man needs to gain God's love and presence? John 14:21, 23.

What else does a man need?

Though people who serve mammon hate (the teachings of) Jesus, the Word of God with passion, because It brings their evil thoughts to light, so not suprised that you can't stand it.
You used to reject every other word that's not jesus' in the bible. What happened? Realized your error? Lol...mammon detector.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You used to reject every other word that's not jesus' in the bible. What happened? Realized your error? Lol...mammon detector.
From Word of God to every word that's not Jesus in the Bible, you see how confused your soul is? So you believe every word in the Bible, including the words of the devil, is the Word of God right? No wonder you're so lost and exhibiting his manners.

I reject every word is the Bible that doesn't align with the Words of Jesus, including those of the devil which you also believe is the word of God. That's the difference between us.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by benitwater(m): 9:55am On Feb 14, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
it's highly unwise for an African to love Yahweh, a Jewish god. How can someone who's ancestors were kidnapped and sold as slaves love a god that saw nothing wrong in slavery?

you haven't met HIM.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by CodeTemplar: 1:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
From Word of God to every word that's not Jesus in the Bible, you see how confused your soul is? So you believe every word in the Bible, including the words of the devil, is the Word of God right? No wonder you're so lost and exhibiting his manners.

I reject every word is the Bible that doesn't align with the Words of Jesus, including those of the devil which you also believe is the word of God. That's the difference between us.
I now see the source of your confusion. You dont know how the word of God is structured therefore don't know how to make sense of contextual illustrations.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
I now see the source of your confusion. You dont know how the word of God is structured therefore don't know how to make sense of contextual illustrations.
You can't see the mountain of confusion in your eyes, believing every word in the Bible, including that of the devil is the Word of God and inspired of the Spirit of God, you want to remove the confusion you made up in someone else's eyes. That's a trait of the antichrist' Pharisees who serve mammon, so no surprises there.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by CodeTemplar: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
You can't see the mountain of confusion in your eyes, believing every word in the Bible, including that of the devil is the Word of God and inspired of the Spirit of God, you want to remove the confusion you made up in someone else's eyes. That's a trait of the antichrist' Pharisees who serve mammon, so no surprises there.
Apportioning assumptions unto me as usual. Making contextual meaning of the words of devil doesn't equate to believing in or taking the word of devil to be the Spirit of God inspired.
From Nairaland history archive, you are the one who believes the words of the devil like apostle Paul teaching being at variance with Jesus'. You also used to be a open. Homosexual advocate, I guess you have gone underground now.
Re: How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Apportioning assumptions unto me as usual. Making contextual meaning of the words of devil doesn't equate to believing in or taking the word of devil to be the Spirit of God inspired.
From Nairaland history archive, you are the one who believes the words of the devil like apostle Paul teaching being at variance with Jesus'. You also used to be a open. Homosexual advocate, I guess you have gone underground now.
Resorting to lies as usual. First lying that I didn't take any word in the Bible as the Word of God unless that of Jesus. Then now, I used to be an open Homosexual advocate when you have no single proof of that here to show for that allegation but the otherwise. Wouldn't be surprised if you're one of those NL homos my numerous posts against homosexuality used to anger, hence your lies, because you have made no single post against homosexuality. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Keep looking for excuses to deny the fact that you believe that every word in the Bible, including that of the devil, is the Word of God. The devil is indeed a liar and the father of all liars!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims? / Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / Anambra Anglican Priest Makes U-Turn, Rescinds From His Pro-Polygamy Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.