Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,909 members, 7,852,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:08 PM

Naira Scarcity:i Have Been Surviving On 20,000 Naira For One Week-femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Scarcity:i Have Been Surviving On 20,000 Naira For One Week-femi Adesina (116 Views)

Naira Scarcity: I’ve Been Spending N20,000 For One Week – Femi Adesina / Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naira Scarcity:i Have Been Surviving On 20,000 Naira For One Week-femi Adesina by Salisu19(m): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2023
Femi Adesina, Special Adviser Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, has revealed how he has been surviving on ₦20,000 following the naira scarcity posed by the Central Bank of Nigeria’s currency redesign.

In an article titled “Living on shoestring budget,” Adesina said he, alongside others, had left for a journey that would take them to “Bauchi, Lagos, Senegal, Katsina, Kano, and Jigawa” from January 23 to January 31.

He commented on the journey, “I didn’t want to be like the unwise cripple, who had been told that war was approaching, but who stayed put in the same spot. So I parked everything I had, every dime, and sent it to the bank. I didn’t want my modest funds to become something fit only for the museum.”

“The Central Bank of Nigeria secured a ten-day extension of the deadline from President Muhammadu Buhari, which has been further extended by a Supreme Court ruling. It has not changed the fact that I’ve spent the sum of N20,000 for one week, and I’m still spending it. Shoestring budget? Yes, you are right.”

According to him, he spent N6,000 for three days and by Friday, it had shrunk to N2, 500.00.

“From Friday till the following Wednesday, I became very gentle, (by force) stretching N12,000.00 as far as I could. Fortunately, there was enough food at home. If there wasn’t, I would drink garri and groundnuts. And why not? That was what the times called for. Pragmatism. No pain, no gain. It was my own contribution to the success of a policy that was bound to do our country good,” he added.

Re: Naira Scarcity:i Have Been Surviving On 20,000 Naira For One Week-femi Adesina by freemanq(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2023
And you will continue to survive with #20,000 all your life

(1) (Reply)

Https://bailoutnigeria.com/2023-ethiope-east-dtha-akweda-promises-robust-represe / High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo Honoured With Humanitarian Service Award / C’river: Review List Of Officers For Polls, IPAC Tells IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.