Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 (25399 Views)

Farooq Kperogi: Dementia, Not Buhari, Fired NPA’s Bala Usman / Buba Galadima: The Man In Aso Rock Is Not The Buhari That We Used To Know / Galadima: How Buhari Rejected Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by ijustdey: 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buba Galadima, a chieftain of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), has narrated how President Muhammadu Buhari reportedly sacked one of his uncles over naira redesign in 1984.

Buhari, a retired Army major general, served as the country’s military head of state from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985, after taking power in a military coup d’état.

Speaking in an interview on Trust TV’s Daily Politics, Galadima commented on the current hardship in the land as a result of naira redesign policy.

The estranged ally of Buhari also narrated how his uncle who served as a commissioner under Buhari lost his job after he pleaded that the period of naira swap be extended in 1984.

“…Hassan Albadawi, who was Buhari’s commissioner for education when he was the governor of North Eastern State and later became the sole administrator at Gamboru Ngala on the border with Chad and Cameroon, appeared on television 9 o’clock news and begged the president to extend the time of naira swap because people in his constituency had no access to banks. Before the news ended, another message came, a special announcement, that he thereby dismissed the chairman of that local community,” Galadima said in the Trust TV interview.

Daily Trust reports that the extended deadline to phase out the old notes was Friday, 10 February.

However, the Supreme Court gave an order restraining the CBN from enforcing the deadline for the phasing out of the N200, N500 and N1,000 notes, pending the hearing of a lawsuit brought by three northern states challenging the new currency redesign. It adjourned that hearing until 15 February.

The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, is challenging that interim ruling by the Supreme Court and the central bank has not spoken on how it intends to comply with the ruling, thus leaving Nigerians confused.

President Buhari held an emergency meeting of the National Council of State on Friday to discuss crucial issues affecting the country including the currency crisis. However, Buhari has not taken a decision on the cash crunch.

Parts of Nigeria have descended into chaos as frustrated Nigerians besieged ATM units in a bid to access their own money.

Violent protests have been recorded in parts of the country, including in Ogun, Oyo and Akwa Ibom in the country’s south, and social media is awash with lamentations of suffering Nigerians, who are not able to access their funds for transactions.

https://dailytrust.com/buba-galadima-how-buhari-fired-my-uncle-over-naira-redesign-in-1984/

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by bennybuhari: 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
This old man and meaningless stories

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by jmoore(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
When Tinubu urchins keep blaming Emefiele, they make themselves look stupid. You have to read about 1984 that similar incident happened when Buhari was a president.

The problem is Buhari. A disaster that should never have been a civilian president. But when you have the majority of electorates who are ignorant, disaster is inevitable as they voted for Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

141 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by triple996(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2023
We will survive this

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by SenatePresdo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
Avenge for your uncle by also firing APC in the coming presidential election.

Aside from SW, APC can't get 30% in any region.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Antoeni(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
You Should Thank Your Allah He Didn’t Shot Him

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Felabrity: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
Same Buhari administration

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Softmirror: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
grin BUBA GALADIMA AND STORY TELLING
ALL HIS PLENTY STORIES STILL DIDN'T MAKE ATIKU WIN IN 2019 LOL. HE DON START TO THE TELL STORIES AGAIN. BUT WHY IS HE NOT SUPPORTING PETER OBI?!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
The level of pepper Buhari showed Nigerians ehn....

Now they want to vote for the one that will be showing them corn.....

Nigerians we need to do better on our decision making......

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by samwillyco1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
And so what
Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Nickisindigo(m): 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
Lol
Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by RenaissanceGuy: 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
grin grin
Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Menclothing: 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari a failure with a zero brain cbn gov at least you should advice the president as an expert

Over 40m Nigerians dont use acct not everyone has smart phone ussd is not going

I want to buy fuel on high way no network no cash

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Honchoslim16(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
3points in the bag... Arsenal next

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Felabrity: 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari looking El Rufai and Co thinking Supreme court can help them

11 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/buba-galadima-how-buhari-fired-my-uncle-over-naira-redesign-in-1984/

Buhari's redesign of the Naira did not start today, I begin to wonder why Tinubu and his urchins have been crying about this...shows they have been bursted....grin grin grin

Was Godwin Emiefele the CBN Governor in 1984?...grin grin grin

Na now Tinubu and his urchins will believe Buhari has ear problem...grin grin grin

NAIRALAND RESIDENTIAL URCHINS:

lhordspy
FreeStuffsNG
Abdul05
drlateef
satan06
DevilAdvocate
I8Xtians
PandoraObi
heliues
omenkaLives
omenka
LeoDeKing
Ayamed
seunmsg
sarrki

TheChameleon
OsunOriginal
ATLIEN2027
Moh247
KingKO22
ItsTutsi
Zulum500
ASAPFERG
yarimo
JAMO84
JoshTim
TheNiceGuy
KingKO22
drlateef
Pakute
LegendHero
Banbutton
Thinkam
ipobarecriminals
Officialgarri
Cromagnon
BATified2023
Softmirror
ifihearam
Godispeace
SWATMan
Peepydelano
Madridguy
igbotormentor
Okealaaye
Mccullum
idealogical
Honourable1901
CoronaVirusRelo
Zulum500
Praktikals
undisputedKOC
burp18
Ireportlive
leokid866
assholemods
Pandev
brainpulse
GeneralPula
JAMO84
EGodFaDa1
tinsel
Obaofaba
idealogical
KingKO22
peepydelano
LordviccoDaGuru
Wickedfact
oyin44
Jones4190
harqinhola
Kewtt
Reportbutton
BOLATINUBU01
VoteTinubu2023
dajo83
PassingShot
sapele914
NLPoliceWoman
Osidazz19
TakeNigeriaBack
Osidazz19
undisputedKOC
N3TRAL
Mrmb
oikirodah
peepydelano
Faiththatworks
ElSudani
GBTYO
Parachoko
Mickykarim
agarawu1985
Mickykarim
IdiotOjukwu
Aufbauh
thebosstrevor1
ryloy
RockHard
Hopium
2mch
DesignMaestro
tamdun

The below quote clearly defines urchins:

“Many are destined to reason wrongly, others not to reason at all and some to persecute those who do reason" - Voltaire

https://www.nairaland.com/7313723/some-projects-done-peter-obi

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by akpumping7720(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Same thing playing out!
Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Flier: 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
grin
Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Cantonese: 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by gasparpisciotta: 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari is an archaic leader.

He is never in tune with reality

5 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by abobote: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2023
But your uncle was wrong, he came to the television to advise the government he is working under, instead of advising them in private.

He deserved what he got

3 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Flier: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2023
I have lost a fortune to this Naira swap,spending like 30k to get cash everyday,infact you will have to beg them before you get the cash

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by omonnakoda: 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
Eboes have no regard for elders
Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by emmanuelbrown26: 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
Praise17:
They're afraid to confront Buhari himself
Dont mind the mudafukers. Let them confront Buhari himself bcs he approved it

4 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by JoeNL22(m): 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari please conduct a free, fair and credible elections. We might forgive you when you achieve it. But we will not forget about the untold hardships you have bestowed on us and subjected us into.
#CumOutAndVote

4 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by TreasureJunky: 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari is a follow-come wíckéd man, he has been like that before now. Wíckéd and heartléss ozuor

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984 by Sonnobax15(m): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2023
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill / DSS Invites Ten Edo APC Chieftains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.