Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,285 members, 7,829,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah (768 Views)

TB Joshua Nazareth Crusade: New York Times Celebrates Prophet (Photos) / TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick / Mayor Of Nazareth Hosts Prophet T.B Joshua In Israel(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah by sonmvayina(m): 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
In Judaism souls do not need to be saved, that's a pagan christian idea from the third century.The Scriptures explicitly state that the forgiveness of sin is achieved through sincere repentance. This teaching is repeated many times throughout the Hebrew Scriptures in a clear and unambiguous manner (Deuteronomy 30:1-10, Ezekiel 18:21-23,27,28,31,32, 33:11,14-16,19, Isaiah 1:16-18, 55:7, Hosea 14:2-10, Jonah 3:10, Micah 6:7,8, Psalm 51:19)[9]. These passages directly address the issue of forgiveness from sin, yet they make no mention of a blood offering. Some of these passages[10] actually preclude the requirement of a blood offering as a necessary component in the process of forgiveness from sin. Yet on the basis of the misinterpretation of one solitary verse (Leviticus 17:11)[11] from a passage that does not directly address the issue of forgiveness from sin at all, Christianity teaches that repentance cannot achieve atonement without a blood offering! All of the major theological principles of Judaism are explicitly spelled out in the Bible. The adherents of Judaism do not need to rely on anyone’s Scriptural interpretations when it comes to the fundamentals of the faith.

In the following paragraphs I will present the foundational Jewish beliefs concerning the key issues that stand between Judaism and Christianity (worship of God, atonement from sin, and the advent of the Messiah). I will also demonstrate how these beliefs are supported by the Biblical text.

Our devotion is directed to the God who spoke to us at Sinai and to Him alone. This core belief of Judaism is clearly stated in Exodus 20:1, 2. The passage records how God told the people: “I am the Lord your God who took you out of the land of Egypt from the house of bondage, you shall not recognize other gods before me”. This concept is repeated in Deuteronomy 4:35, where Moses reminds us: “You have been shown in order that you know that the Lord, He is the God there is none beside Him.”

Jews believe that God requires sincere repentance for the forgiveness of sin. This fundamental doctrine is plainly stated by the prophets. Isaiah taught: “Let the wicked one forsake his way and the iniquitous man his thoughts, let him return to the Lord and He will show him mercy, to our God for He is abundantly forgiving” (Isaiah 55:7). Ezekiel passes on the word of God: “As for the wicked one, if he repents from all his sins that he has committed, and he observes all My decrees and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he has committed will not be remembered against him…” (Ezekiel 18:21, 22).

All of Judaism’s core beliefs about the Messiah and the Messianic age are clearly expressed in the Jewish Scriptures.
Re: Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Go and join them in the worship you prefer we want Jesus of Nazareth! smiley

sonmvayina:
In Judaism souls do not need to be saved, that's a pagan christian idea from the third century.The Scriptures explicitly state that the forgiveness of sin is achieved through sincere repentance. This teaching is repeated many times throughout the Hebrew Scriptures in a clear and unambiguous manner (Deuteronomy 30:1-10, Ezekiel 18:21-23,27,28,31,32, 33:11,14-16,19, Isaiah 1:16-18, 55:7, Hosea 14:2-10, Jonah 3:10, Micah 6:7,8, Psalm 51:19)[9]. These passages directly address the issue of forgiveness from sin, yet they make no mention of a blood offering. Some of these passages[10] actually preclude the requirement of a blood offering as a necessary component in the process of forgiveness from sin. Yet on the basis of the misinterpretation of one solitary verse (Leviticus 17:11)[11] from a passage that does not directly address the issue of forgiveness from sin at all, Christianity teaches that repentance cannot achieve atonement without a blood offering! All of the major theological principles of Judaism are explicitly spelled out in the Bible. The adherents of Judaism do not need to rely on anyone’s Scriptural interpretations when it comes to the fundamentals of the faith.

In the following paragraphs I will present the foundational Jewish beliefs concerning the key issues that stand between Judaism and Christianity (worship of God, atonement from sin, and the advent of the Messiah). I will also demonstrate how these beliefs are supported by the Biblical text.

Our devotion is directed to the God who spoke to us at Sinai and to Him alone. This core belief of Judaism is clearly stated in Exodus 20:1, 2. The passage records how God told the people: “I am the Lord your God who took you out of the land of Egypt from the house of bondage, you shall not recognize other gods before me”. This concept is repeated in Deuteronomy 4:35, where Moses reminds us: “You have been shown in order that you know that the Lord, He is the God there is none beside Him.”

Jews believe that God requires sincere repentance for the forgiveness of sin. This fundamental doctrine is plainly stated by the prophets. Isaiah taught: “Let the wicked one forsake his way and the iniquitous man his thoughts, let him return to the Lord and He will show him mercy, to our God for He is abundantly forgiving” (Isaiah 55:7). Ezekiel passes on the word of God: “As for the wicked one, if he repents from all his sins that he has committed, and he observes all My decrees and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he has committed will not be remembered against him…” (Ezekiel 18:21, 22).

All of Judaism’s core beliefs about the Messiah and the Messianic age are clearly expressed in the Jewish Scriptures.
Re: Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah by sonmvayina(m): 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Go and join them in the worship you prefer we want Jesus of Nazareth! smiley

Did jesus ask you to worship him?
Re: Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40am On Apr 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Did jesus ask you to worship him?

How many times do i have to tell you that JWs don't worship Jesus?

Jesus is the messenger of God sent to mankind according to his own words! John 3:16-17

So we aren't worshiping Jesus rather we are worshiping the PERSON who sent Jesus {John 20:17} by following the footsteps Jesus laid down. Hebrews 5:7
Do you understand now? smiley
Re: Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah by sonmvayina(m): 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

How many times do i have to tell you that JWs don't worship Jesus?

Jesus is the messenger of God sent to mankind according to his own words! John 3:16-17

So we aren't worshiping Jesus rather we are worshiping the PERSON who sent Jesus {John 20:17} by following the footsteps Jesus laid down. Hebrews 5:7
Do you understand now? smiley

Still No...
It is still not clear.. Because there is no where God said he will impregnate another man's wife to sire a son, he will send to usher in a new convenant..

That is the point that is not clear..
Re: Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Still No...
It is still not clear.. Because there is no where God said he will impregnate another man's wife to sire a son, he will send to usher in a new convenant..
That is the point that is not clear..

Dude that's another topic.

Jesus is not our God! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If God Or Heaven Got Nuked / Why Does The Bible Contradict Itself? / Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.