Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN (53720 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Minjim: 11:55am On Feb 14, 2023
Diligence:
Why do people choose to be crassly stupid

From 100 days to extra 10 days..you still dey listen to Ganduje,Wike & Tinubu...U see yourselves?

Now go to CBN, fill the form, answer queries, provide accounts details, etc, etc

Finally e don clear for una eyes! Abi?

You're a fool. Maybe you're being fed that's why you don't know people spend money daily.
Even the old notes are hard to come by talk more of new ones.

Is it our fault CBN didn't print enough to go round?

If it's sufficiently available will people still be carrying the old ones ?

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Omenlon: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2023
Minjim:
Who really loves Nigerians now.

Why is Peter Obi and Obi supporters supporting this CBN policy when we can see that it's hurting Nigerians.

Who will Peter Obi govern if there are no Nigerian? That's the irony of life. People don't care so long it go their way. That's is the selfishness inherent in man.

Ho can people be so stupid ?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by slowice(m): 11:59am On Feb 14, 2023
Emiefele have finally finished bat.... emiefele is a wickedt sombody grin

Niggur acted like he was going to obey court order which made urchins happy but he turned around,stuff his middle finger in his asshole and gave it to bat and his urchins.

Now see rivers of tears everywhere in bat corntree grin cheesy

Emiefele you can't make heaven

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by justparamount(m): 11:59am On Feb 14, 2023
Ezeama400:
Urchings should go to Kaduna and deposit their money, or they should all travel to Kaduna in droves to live there to spend it since they have allowed El Rufai to finger their brains grin grin grin

You guys celebrated Buhari on this forum each time he goes against the rule of law, not knowing that tomorrow, Buhari's disregard for rule of law could affect you as well...

Buhari I know will never Obey court order and Emefele and Buhari are two sides of the same coin on this Naira redesign policy ...

Supreme court and urchings In the mud!!!

You are simply clouded by hate. It's obvious this is a failure of a policy in all aspects yet cos oyou assume it's helping your opportunist Social media president you're saying shit here. I have a brother that works in a bank and survived a mob attack by a whisker despite it being the CBN fault for not providing cash . It's all politics until it's your family.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Bobbiee: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2023
GOOD NEWS TO THE AVERAGE NIGERRIANS. BAD NEWS TO TINUBU AND OTHER CORRUPT POLITICIANS

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by richie240: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:
They are not talking about how people will have access to their money, they are more concerned about how they will mop up the remaining money. I'm beginning to pity Emefailure now, he seem to be caught in a strong web of propaganda, he's just a tool in the hands of the cabal and Mr Bubu.
immediately I got to do point, I wanted to type "is anybody forcing him to stay?"

They chose the right man though, because a man with any integrity would have resigned instead of agreeing to be used to punish his people
.....until I read d bolded.
cool

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by tunapawizzy: 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

There was no court order to the effect at the time.

When the House of Reps threatened him with arrest, why didn't he hide under the president's bed Why did he appear before them?
You guys overrate these legislators a lot. They are just there for oversight, they can't order the arrest anyone. They just hid under the canopy of DSS after Emefiele and issued an empty threat. That Emefiele appeared before them is a matter of courtesy.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by selab: 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
You be branch controller, make your oga come out tell us wetin him and oga buhari secretly discuss yesterday.
Make u clear all doubt about legal tender or not 😉
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Omenlon: 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
Minjim:

Why is Peter Obi and Obi supporters supporting this CBN policy when we can see that it's hurting Nigerians.

Who will Peter Obi govern if there are no Nigerian?

that's the irony of life. People don't care so long it go their way. That's is the selfishness inherent in man. Nigerians can die suffering so long it will achieve Peter Obi presidential ambition.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by tunapawizzy: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
GreatrAnalyst:

Your brain is working and your reasoning, very sound.
I just said what you wrote not knowing you have aptly said it here too.
CBN is doing what Buhari wants.
And today won't be the first day, supreme court will be ridiculed by Buhari.
Period.
I totally believe what u said. CBN is doing what he wants. The system has become too heated right now for the president not to act. He is not acting, rather he is having regular meetings with Emefiele at the villa. It can only mean one thing if we want to honest, emefiele is updating buhari on the status of the job he sent him to do.

4 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by einsteine(m): 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
This one is playing with prison - contempt of court smiley

You do realise CBN was not joined in the suit?

Supreme court might as well start deciding MPR, forex intervention etc since supreme court is now the organ for monetary policy.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by moneyissweet(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nothing go happen, if you are PDAPC supporter deal with it.

jyz200:
This policy will breed anarchy cbn should do the needful
Trust me here in lasu we are still transacting with the old note with joy self

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Omenlon: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Bobbiee:
GOOD NEWS TO THE AVERAGE NIGERRIANS. BAD NEWS TO TINUBU AND OTHER CORRUPT POLITICIANS
I asked earlier on, have you seen any local govts chairman in a banking hall queue for cash? Do you think if a governor needs cash today he will go to the banking hall to stand? Tell me among the top 4 presidential candidate any that will call a bank CEO for cash today and he will be rejected. Stop deceiving yourself, any amount Tinubu needs today he will get with all courtesy from the bank CE0s.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Komu1048(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by olumide4christ: 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:
They are not talking about how people will have access to their money, they are more concerned about how they will mop up the remaining money. I'm beginning to pity Emefailure now, he seem to be caught in a strong web of propaganda, he's just a tool in the hands of the cabal and Mr Bubu. They chose the right man though, because a man with any integrity would have resigned instead of agreeing to be used to punish his people

At the bolded...this was what I told some people at the bank yesterday. Emefiele has no atom of integrity!
So funny some acclaimed lovers and proponents of the new Nigeria are supporting him!
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by thaoriginator: 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
God abeg ohhhh
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Melodydoctor: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ezeama400:

You know how information spread fast in Nigeria..

Before 12 pm today nobody will accept that money from you again
Both the old money rejecter and the money haver will then end up in penury because new notes are not found around anymore. Only politicians have them in bulk.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ok12345(f): 12:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
We are spending it here
Nothing concern me with bank anymore
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Alfred74: 12:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
This one is playing with prison - contempt of court smiley

Ask any of your lawyer friends if you have one,no one is going to jail,Supreme court does not have jurisdiction on this matter,reason Buhari and cbn gov didn't blink an eye.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Moneyboyz: 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Them still dey collect the money here.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by olumide4christ: 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
jyz200:
This policy will breed anarchy cbn should do the needful
Trust me here in lasu we are still transacting with the old note with joy self

If you have entered public transport recently or gone to bus parks, you will notice that the old notes is still heavily in use, even as at a few minutes ago.

Emefiele and Buhari and their house of commotion!
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Laggafin: 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
SunMusk:
Nobody is sabotaging Emefiele let us be honest with ourselves, I'm obident too. Where is the new money printed. You take the old notes, give out the new notes. Common 20k u can't see to withdraw from the bank. Let us be honest with our self. This government is bad. And I don't think Buhari become good all of the sudden bcs we don't like Tinubu
Comrade .. it's the politicians who own these banks that are sabotaging emefieles effort .. that's the simple truth

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by richie240: 12:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed for President,Sen. Gov Shettima for Vice president
2023 is a goalllllllllll
PETER OBI WILL NOT WIN THE ELECTION In 2023,TRY AGAIN iN 2027
Like a wonderful economist said yesterday,what the Financial Terrorist, financial kidnapper, Financial bandit called Satanic Emefiele aided by Baba Buhari has done is not currency swap but currency confistication.
Some weeks ago the DSS declared Satanic Emefiele a financial terrorist and I wrote my opinion on some threads defending Satanic Emefiele,alas the DSS was right,the CBN bandit should have been detained and humiliated in the DSS dungeon.
I'm sure the Satanic Emefiele and his family are not going through the pains millions of Nigerians wake up to every morning, trying to collect cash at POS,ATM or even in the bank.
Satanic Emefiele you lied to Nigerians to return all their old currency and said we will be able to withdraw 20000 only daily from our account.
It's more than 2 weeks since we returned our old currency and we are treated like animal in banks whenever we go to withdraw our legitimate funds,we suffer at ATM machines only to be allowed to collect 2000,5000,10000 naira and that's only for the lucky ones.
That's why I will never vote for Atiku and Obi,I'm sure Asiwaju Will retire this bandit from the CBN and hand him over to the DSS to answer for his crime of financial banditry and terrorism.
For every Nigeria that has lost their life because of this Satanic, terroristic, devilish currency confistication policy, their blood is on the head of Satanic Emefiele.
For every trader,farmer, business man and woman who has suffered enormous losses despite working hard legitimately in this very very tough country because of this policy, Emefiele you will die of poverty.
I hope the Supreme Court orders this financial terrorist Emefiele to be arrested and chained in police headquarters for blatantly disobeying a court order.
The financial terrorist knew how to approach the court to get an injunction restraining the DSS from arresting him,but finds it convenient not to obey a superior order restraining him from continuing with his devilish, Satanic, terroristic policy.
God bless Nigeria.
I was saying in one thread that the man was lucky Nigeria is not china, or else he (and his hate-filled supporters') would've bn given public execution tey-tey.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Bobbiee: 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Omenlon:
I asked earlier on, have you seen any local govts chairman in a banking hall queue for cash? Do you think if a governor needs cash today he will go to the banking hall to stand? Tell me among the top 4 presidential candidate any that will call a bank CEO for cash today and he will be rejected. Stop deceiving yourself, any amount Tinubu needs today he will get with all courtesy from the bank CE0s.

Then why were they dragging it all this time? If they knew that they could easily get answer to cash
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by ufotunang: 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Validated:

For what? CBN says you should go and deposit your old note. However, you will sign a form to explain the source if your explanation and amount are not compatible, your BVN will be locked and EFCC will meet with you.

When Buhari says NO VOTE BUYING, you guys think he is joking.

Una go cry blood!
..but supreme Court said that the old naira notes is still a legal tender until when the case will be finally decided tomorrow Wednesday in the supreme Court...the government and CBN should obey the supreme Court order
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
rottenegg:

You have said it all. If you have lived in this country as an adult for the last 10yrs, you all should know better.
Obi
Atiku or
BAT will still end in disaster! These guys don't care about you.

Yeah I agree with you, I have said it severally PO might not have the magic wand to turn the country around, but Obi's win will be better for the masses because of it's significance. It will breakdown all the political structures and change the political landscape. It means that most politicians will now rather appeal to the masses than their Godfathers, it means Nigerian populace will believe in the electioneering process and do everything to participate, it might give in to the first step to revolutionize the country. The rot in the system is much and we have to start from somewhere if we are to remain as an entity. I am sure to achieve that we have to dismantle the current political structures and mentality. There is a reason all the politicians agreed in unison that PO can't win but it is left for the masses to make a statement with this election. The consequences of PO not winning will be far greater than his failed ambition of not becoming president because it will entail that the politicians will kill the third force that can be voice of the masses, Inorder to keep the masses in perpetual servitude and by then many of the masses will be too demoralized or weakened to continue fighting for good leadership. This is the closest organically the masses have come to change their destiny and future and any disruption won't spell good.

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by ufotunang: 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
Useless CBN governor and Buhari...they should obey the supreme Court order...this is democracy not military era or regime
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by tunapawizzy: 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
Rubbiish:

U are only making noise, election will hold!
This man is being directed by the president. All of u are pointing fingers at him, knowing fully well he is following the President instructions.
They will never attack the president for 2 reasons.
1. They want one last favour from him regarding the 2023 election.
2. They think they will appear stupid if they now condemn someone they cheered on in the past, for the same action of him they supported

Elrufai is their mentor, always attacking everybody in the presidency except the president. People in presidency are misleading the president, they are confusing the president, they are using the president ...is the president now a toddler that they can manipulate anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Atlantis585: 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
Confirmed!

Make Thiefnubbu, El-Rufai and Gandollar chop their over 500 billions of old Naira loots.

Thank you to our darling daddy Buhari

Thank you best CBN governor in history

If you no like go jump into the Lagos Lagoon
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by onuman: 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
lexy2014:

So far, has the new currency been rationed? Why should it be rationed in the first place?

In other countries where you say currency change has taken, was it done the way CBN is doing it? If they had d9ne the way CBN is doing it, would there not have been noise?

So you mean all the people queuing at banks without any hope of getting access to their cash are "political rogues in Nigeria who wanted to buy election with wads of the old currency they stole from government coffers and stockpiled"?

Rationing the new currency in the sense that everyone will have enough to last him for his basic daily needs, so that political rogues will not have the opportunity to easily withdraw billions or millions of the new currency in a day
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
Minjim:

Who will Peter Obi govern if there are no Nigerian?

you are bothered about obi that has already lost... My own is for tinubu to win so that emiefele know his days are numbered...
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Elsueno: 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
Dreal1247:
Inconsistency is becoming the new name for this Government. But they said that they are abiding by the court ruling.

There is no any in consistency here, Only CBN can direct monetary issues not d supreme court...CBN said deadline was on d 10.... Urchins & thier Political God father's went to court despite knowingly fully well d court has no powers here instead of going to pa Buhari in Aso rock & begging him..... sigh 😩

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions / Tips For Getting Your Business Name Approved With CAC / Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.