Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN (53698 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Enceladus(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2023
grin grin grin This country is a sick comedy.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Omenlon: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2023
The foolish Emefiele is talking about cashless society where network is unreliable. I went out on Sunday, I couldn't buy fuel with my ATM from the first two filling stations closer to me because of network. I have to beg them to accept transfer because they initially rejected transfer, when I did the transfer I had to wait for almost an hour because they didn't receive alert after I have been debited.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by frog12: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2023
this man is confused. which one ?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by honprof: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2023
Cashewman:
Apex Bank is an independent Body.
Supreme Court has lost their control base on political inducement from political players.
Governor's are not with the masses, rather trying to used masses to achieve their political money inducement during the upcoming election as a result on currency notes in their warehouse. shocked

God bless you Bro for this comment...Money will sure circulate after elections.......

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:30am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
This one is playing with prison - contempt of court smiley

Which prison

Thiefnubuu should be in prison if Naija dey work

You too should be jailed

4 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by MT: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2023
Ezeama400:
Urchings should go to Kaduna and deposit their money, or they should all travel to Kaduna in droves to live there to spend it since they have allowed El Rufai to finger their brains grin grin grin

You guys celebrated Buhari on this forum each time he goes against the rule of law, not knowing that tomorrow, Buhari's disregard for rule of law could affect you as well...

Buhari I know will never Obey court order and Emefele and Buhari are two sides of the same coin on this Naira redesign policy ...

Supreme court and urchings In the mud!!!

Why must you accuse the president of everything?. CBN is an autonomous , independent body in charge of the monetary policy of the nation. The president has no control over the CBN Governor.

The court should issue bench warrant for the CBN Governor and hold him for contempt of the court.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by kelmicheal: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2023
This is an election game just to reduce amount of vote buying.
Nigerians should pls Bear with cbn policy's I understand their motive very clear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ajalalomo: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2023
CBN = Confusion Bank of Nigeria
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Berankis: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:
They are not talking about how people will have access to their money, they are more concerned about how they will mop up the remaining money. I'm beginning to pity Emefailure now, he seem to be caught in a strong web of propaganda, he's just a tool in the hands of the cabal and Mr Bubu. They chose the right man though, because a man with any integrity would have resigned instead of agreeing to be used to punish his people
Thank you. Obviously the CBN madman lacks integrity! He is definitely being used and I pray he suffers for it.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ajalalomo: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2023
kelmicheal:
This is an election game just to reduce amount of vote buying.
Nigerians should pls Bear with cbn policy's I understand their motive very clear.

Ok chief
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ruggedniggaone: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2023
Tareq1105:

Your daft Obi that supported Emefiele thinking Tinubu would be affected is feeling it now. You know Obi doesn't have sense. He couldn't read the hardship behind the Policy. He's so shortsighted that he couldn't see beyond his nose. All he cares for was anything that would affect Tinubu. Tell me if obidients are exempted from the hardship now. We don't need a president with a myopic and satanic thinking. In Nigeria today, banks are found in major towns and cities where they're sure of profit. More than half of the 774 local councils in Nigeria don't have bank in their locality. People in rural areas would have to travel to the nearest town for banking services. Your Obi, bcoz he's clueless jumped on social media to support Emefiele actions and his gullible obi-idiots too aligned with him. He wants to be president indeed.
baba n Laku baba re is daft omo iranu,wetin concern with obi?

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Kaiser20: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
Who?.... you mean brother El-rufai and brother Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Gohs: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2023
Please let's vote Peter Obi for president. . .

It's time to show Buhari and CBN wotowoto!! grin

Vote Labour Party cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
Goan arrest him na!

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by tunapawizzy: 11:36am On Feb 14, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Read post again! That's not an official statement from the CBN!

The CBN cannot be so foolish enough to go against an APEX court ruling.

You are very correct with the bolded. BUhari and FG goes against APEX ruling from time to time. So CBN doing same is no biggie. Apex court has become a joke. They live off the support of the executive arm and presidency.

I dont get why a lot of people think the CBN/Emefiele is using this policy to heat up the whole nation WITHOUT the total support of Mr. President( not even cabal or presidency or powerful people in the presidency). The support of President Buhari himself. I am inclined to believe that Emefiele will NEVER have the balls to be this rash and ruthless without express verbal support from the president himself. He has been having regular meetings with the president in recent times. The wicked implementation of the currnecy redesign policy is the outcome of those meetings. Buhari may be incompetent but he is not a weakling and he will never be one. From his comments and behaviour over the years, that you are not from the north is even an incentive for him to be decisive and brutal when anyone does something wrong. If he watches CBN without stopping them, then CBN is doing his bidding

4 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Babz18: 11:36am On Feb 14, 2023
[Either it suits your narratives or not court lack jurisdiction to entertain such case in the first place, if court order stand it will set bad precedence to monetary policy. The same reason court can't stop vote buying as it is the work of the INEC is the same reason they lack jurisdiction to stop CBN governor from redesigning the naira or take out old notes from circulation.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by piyoo91: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
I spoke with a CBN representative on this number 0700 225 5226 about the old naira note and I was reliably informed that I should bring the old notes to the FCT branch (not the hqtr).
If you like continue to lament, there's nothing anybody can do about it. The redesigned note has taken over. I pity BATstards
lie, the number is not going

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by SenatePresdo(m): 11:39am On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

You mean Buhari will go to prison?

When he disobeyed court order in Nnamdi Kanu's, case did he go to prison?

5 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by millionboi2: 11:39am On Feb 14, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

At the bolded, Buhari is not joking with anyone this time

There won't be room for vote buying in this election so let everybody go to the poll and test his popularity

Thank you President Muhammadu Buhari

Thank you CBN governor Mr Godswin Emefiele

Thank you The next President of Nigeria Insha Allah , Mr Peter Obi

God bless Nigeria
Who told you this nonsense will help obi win the election?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by lexy2014: 11:40am On Feb 14, 2023
onuman:
That's it, provided the new currency is rationed till election period is over.
It's not only Nigeria that changes currency notes. Other countries do without the present noise about currency redesign in Nigeria.
All the noise are from political rogues in Nigeria who wanted to buy election with wads of the old currency they stole from government
coffers and stockpiled. There is need to thwart their mission. Say no to a drug trafficking baron using drug money to buy election.

So far, has the new currency been rationed? Why should it be rationed in the first place?

In other countries where you say currency change has taken, was it done the way CBN is doing it? If they had d9ne the way CBN is doing it, would there not have been noise?

So you mean all the people queuing at banks without any hope of getting access to their cash are "political rogues in Nigeria who wanted to buy election with wads of the old currency they stole from government coffers and stockpiled"?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by GreatrAnalyst: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2023
The nation that's divided against itself... Let's see how long it will stand.

It is not today that Buhari doesn't obey the court.
Before you blame Emefiele alone, just know that he is doing mostly his principal's bidding.
Of course, Emefiele is also taking his own pound of flesh against people who frustrated his election ambition.

But where are the defenders of Buhari on this forum? They have gone mute, dumb and what?

6 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Shadysen: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2023
concreteaffairs:
Chai. And i have plenty old notes at home o!
lol
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by tunapawizzy: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2023
Dreal1247:
Inconsistency is becoming the new name for this Government. But they said that they are abiding by the court ruling.
If you believe this government will obey court ruling, (especially the ones perceived to be in favour of people they consider enemies), then you can believe anything.

7 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by GreatrAnalyst: 11:44am On Feb 14, 2023
tunapawizzy:

You are very correct with the bolded. BUhari and FG goes against APEX ruling from time to time. So CBN doing same is no biggie. Apex court has become a joke. They live off the support of the executive arm and presidency.

I dont get why a lot of people think the CBN/Emefiele is using this policy to heat up the whole nation WITHOUT the total support of Mr. President( not even cabal or presidency or powerful people in the presidency). The support of President Buhari himself. I am inclined to believe that Emefiele will NEVER have the balls to be this rash and ruthless without express verbal support from the president himself. He has been having regular meetings with the president in recent times. The wicked implementation of the currnecy redesign policy is the outcome of those meetings. Buhari may be incompetent but he is not a weakling and he will never be one. From his comments and behaviour over the years, that you are not from the north is even an incentive for him to be decisive and brutal when anyone does something wrong. If he wat he watches CBN without stopping them, then CBN is doing his bidding

Your brain is working and your reasoning, very sound.
I just said what you wrote not knowing you have aptly said it here too.
CBN is doing what Buhari wants.
And today won't be the first day, supreme court will be ridiculed by Buhari.
Period.

7 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by lexy2014: 11:44am On Feb 14, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
I spoke with a CBN representative on this number 0700 225 5226 about the old naira note and I was reliably informed that I should bring the old notes to the FCT branch (not the hqtr).
If you like continue to lament, there's nothing anybody can do about it. The redesigned note has taken over. I pity BATstards

Which one is "FCT branch" "the hqtr"? Does CBN have 2 seoerate offices in Abuja with two different locations?

Where are redesigned notes that you say have taken over?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Omenlon: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2023
Rubbiish:

It will remain legal tender in your house!
You people are the ones dragging this country backwards, corrupt things! Why are all u tinubu supporters not clamouring for the new notes? It is not like the old notes are even available, why the emphasis on old notes? Because your master has stashed up old notes to buy votes.
funny enough, any amount of cash Tinubu or any other top politicians need today they will get it without breaking any sweat. Since this drama started did you ever heard of a common local govts chairman going to a bank to que? Stop deceiving yourself, my dear.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Diligence: 11:47am On Feb 14, 2023
Why do people choose to be crassly stupid

From 100 days to extra 10 days..you still dey listen to Ganduje,Wike & Tinubu...U see yourselves?

Now go to CBN, fill the form, answer queries, provide accounts details, etc, etc

Finally e don clear for una eyes! Abi?

6 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by quinox947: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2023
juman:
Buhari was sent by alsatani alrajeem (the accursed Satan) to tear down, collapse and crumble the Nigerian economy.
No enemy to Nigeria is greater than him.
Were you obeying sheytan when you voted for him in 2015? Nigerians shot themselves on the foot when they massively voted him against GEJ, the man with a sense of humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Diligence: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2023
U think Buhari is joking about "No Vote Buying this election"?

CBN/Emefiele staunchly backed by PMB.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by God2man2again(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2023
Diligence:
U think Buhari is joking about "No Vote Buying this election"?

CBN/Emefiele staunchly backed by PMB.

You think that the redesigning of the naira notes will stop vote buying?

I don't think so. There are many ways people can be tempted.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Minjim: 11:52am On Feb 14, 2023
Who really loves Nigerians now.

Why is Peter Obi and Obi supporters supporting this CBN policy when we can see that it's hurting Nigerians.

Who will Peter Obi govern if there are no Nigerian?

Ho can people be so stupid ?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Omenlon: 11:53am On Feb 14, 2023
Diligence:
Why do people choose to be crassly stupid

From 100 days to extra 10 days..you still dey listen to Ganduje,Wike & Tinubu...U see yourselves?

Now go to CBN, fill the form, answer queries, provide accounts details, etc, etc

Finally e don clear for una eyes! Abi?
please where you live is the new notes in full circulation? I just want to know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace / Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million / Mompha Ismaila Mustapha & His Son Flaunt Cash On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.