Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN (53787 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Gboom: 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Read post again! That's not an official statement from the CBN!

The CBN cannot be so foolish enough to go against an APEX court ruling.
But the banks are not collecting old naira notes as deposits.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Charly68: 12:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Seems these CBN people are sick ,I mean very sick mentally
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by saysoo: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Omenlon:
please where you live is the new notes in full circulation? I just want to know.
cool down,by 27th, go to ATM and withdraw your normal 100k daily allowable.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2023
Gboom:

But the banks are not collecting old naira notes as deposits.

Which bank? I still deposited today at GT
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by dyera(m): 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Rubbiish:

U are only making noise, election will hold!
This man is being directed by the president. All of u are pointing fingers at him, knowing fully well he is following the President instructions.

If you think CBN can insist on old naira swap deadline when no bank is swapping old naira let them do it and see what happens.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ijaya123: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lipscomb:
Just like my old naira note was rejected yesterday.

The same old naira notes that people are spending freely here in Lagos?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Lordjulius(m): 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=Faiththatworks post=120894738]Asiwaju Bola Ahmed for President,Sen. Gov Shettima for Vice president
2023 is a goalllllllllll
PETER OBI WILL NOT WIN THE ELECTION In 2023,TRY AGAIN iN 2027
Like a wonderful economist said yesterday,what the Financial Terrorist, financial kidnapper, Financial bandit called Satanic Emefiele aided by Baba Buhari has done is not currency swap but currency confistication.
Some weeks ago the DSS declared Satanic Emefiele a financial terrorist and I wrote my opinion on some threads defending Satanic Emefiele,alas the DSS was right,the CBN bandit should have been detained and humiliated in the DSS dungeon.
I'm sure the Satanic Emefiele and his family are not going through the pains millions of Nigerians wake up to every morning, trying to collect cash at POS,ATM or even in the bank.
Satanic Emefiele you lied to Nigerians to return all their old currency and said we will be able to withdraw 20000 only daily from our account.
It's more than 2 weeks since we returned our old currency and we are treated like animal in banks whenever we go to withdraw our legitimate funds,we suffer at ATM machines only to be allowed to collect 2000,5000,10000 naira and that's only for the lucky ones.
That's why I will never vote for Atiku and Obi,I'm sure Asiwaju Will retire this bandit from the CBN and hand him over to the DSS to answer for his crime of financial banditry and terrorism.
For every Nigeria that has lost their life because of this Satanic, terroristic, devilish currency confistication policy, their blood is on the head of Satanic Emefiele.
For every trader,farmer, business man and woman who has suffered enormous losses despite working hard legitimately in this very very tough country because of this policy, Emefiele you will die of poverty.
I hope the Supreme Court orders this financial terrorist Emefiele to be arrested and chained in police headquarters for blatantly disobeying a court order.
The financial terrorist knew how to approach the court to get an injunction restraining the DSS from arresting him,but finds it convenient not to obey a superior order restraining him from continuing with his devilish, Satanic, terroristic policy.
God bless Nigeria.[/quote
Are you paid to write this up? Nigerians can be funny shaaaa...
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by AngelicBeing: 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
sad
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Inosky: 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
Supreme court of Uzodimma, Lawan, Akpabio, El rufai, Ganduje and Tinubu. That one na supreme court?

No sensible Nigerian believes in the kind of Nigerian judiciary that we have today!
So you think it's Buhari that will? Lawless entity where the highest bidder wins the case.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Rubbiish(m): 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
dyera:

If you think CBN can insist on old naira swap deadline when no bank is swapping old naira let them do it and see what happens.
The bold is already happening!
Old naira note is no longer a legal tender
U can only change it at CBN branches & not commercial banks. U people are attacking emefiele, leaving out buhari on whose directive the CBN governor is working. Every step taken by the CBN governor is authorized by the president. Saying u want to fight the CBN governor is like saying u want to fight the president, u are only wasting time.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by MartinsD12(m): 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
hisexcellency34:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/old-naira-notes-no-more-legal-tender-in-nigeria-cbn-declares/
The same old naira we still using in awka or another one , CBN is mad, how can you say we can't use old naira when since morning 8am I have been to the bank to withdraw new naira notes waiting with so many people most banks don't have it some that have it are limiting it to 2k for non customer ATM card and 5k if you are a customer of such bank
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Lightorder: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
Nice one,I hope elrufai and thiefnubuu will not sponsor protest and start burning bank if any riots breakout anywhere in Nigeria Tinubu and his criminal gang will be dealt with seriously
Buhari set trap they wait for am. Abiola case will never teach him anything

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Thebigheart: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tunechi5:
Loll...withdrew old notes yday and still spent it

Which of the banks?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by kelechi50: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Hmmm,e choke vote buyers market don mature.

Highly Obidient and Yusuful
We move eeeeeeeeee.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Backlaw406(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Validated:

For what? CBN says you should go and deposit your old note. However, you will sign a form to explain the source if your explanation and amount are not compatible, your BVN will be locked and EFCC will meet with you.

When Buhari says NO VOTE BUYING, you guys think he is joking.

Una go cry blood!
What of those that do not have bank account? Where they will take their old notes to since commercial bank are not receiving it anymore? Emefiele said himself they would follow the court's order. Why saying otherwise just now. Walahi, you people are evil, just to punish one person, you people are supporting suffering and pains to the poor masses. It now show most Igbo here are selfish and tribalist. Before this, I thought I would vote Obi but not anymore with the devil act his supporter are exhibiting here. No problem, sit here and be laughing. If you are too big to suffer in this, remember not every of your extend families are too big like you to bypass this senseless and unwise policy that would reck economy totally which your Emefiele that has become your friend because of your selfishness and tribalism.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by davidl7: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
So all Emilokan no fit use all d money wey him loot from Lagos for the pass 24 years? grin
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Solocoin: 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
I knew it from time that as long as Buhari had agreed for the date to be shifted to 10, that's nothing will stop him to implement the court order. Has he ever obey any court order that is not in his favor?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
grin grin gringrin grin grin
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Nwaide01: 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Which bank? I still deposited today at GT
Oga you should stop misleading people,here in Gboko Benue state all banks stop collecting it from yesterday. But some pos are collecting it when i asked them where they will deposit it they said they don't deposit in banks. In the market some people are collecting while others are not, filling stations and wholesalers are not collecting.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nwaide01:
Oga you should stop misleading people,here in Gboko Benue state all banks stop collecting it from yesterday. But some pos are collecting it when i asked them where they will deposit it they said they don't deposit in banks. In the market some people are collecting while others are not, filling stations and wholesalers are not collecting.

So where are POS operators depositing it? Hospital?

Banks and POS operators are racketeering the moment. No bank I will walk into in Nigeria, that won’t accept old currency from me. I will use the law to make money off them.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by FireUpNow(m): 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
SensetionalGoal:

The clown should be arrested asap... Who is he to disobey Supreme court order

I'm Obidient though.
Some very powerful people behind the scene are beating the drums for the clown (Godwin Emiefele) to be dancing so Wild. Don't exenorate the president of this country
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Lightorder: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Odogwujayy:
Ọ na akọ bullshit!!
as in
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Lightorder: 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

Emefiele will be arrested instead smiley
your mouth can arrest Biden
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by callthefred: 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
How conveniently foolish to think an Emefiele who lost out in the presidential primaries is actually doing anything for the good of Nigerians. Something he didn't do to save the naira for 9 years in office.

Not to forget that Gov Okowa was the one who influenced his appointment as CBN governor instead of Imokuede then. As far as I am concerned, Emefiele is not more powerful than the supreme court. Those who are blinded by emotions and refused to be realistic, thinking a careless policy as this would stop a phantom vote buying and will help their preferred candidates win instead will be disappointed again when the supreme court gives a judgement that favours majority of the people.

Vote buying doesn't work anymore in Nigeria. People will collect your money and still vote their preferred candidates. Osun was an example last year.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by emmyN(m): 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:
They are not talking about how people will have access to their money, they are more concerned about how they will mop up the remaining money. I'm beginning to pity Emefailure now, he seem to be caught in a strong web of propaganda, he's just a tool in the hands of the cabal and Mr Bubu. They chose the right man though, because a man with any integrity would have resigned instead of agreeing to be used to punish his people

Your problem is that you are expecting to have as much cash available as you did before the redesign.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by LaconicINC: 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
Omo this one choke o, Tinubu urhinss how market na, where is FFK when you need him to talk, as for babablu he is not aware yet because he is busy sleeping as usual

Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by emmyN(m): 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
inoki247:
LoL another avenue for people to cashout people will start going to villages or other city far away from The capital to buy Old note and go resell at CBN after they've fill form online.....

This CBN are just creating more avenue for people to rip dem sef ...

What time do they have to do that? The window expires in three days, after which neither CBN nor the banks will accept the old notes.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by juman(m): 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Why the national assembly don't remove buhari and CBN governor?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by juman(m): 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
quinox947:
Were you obeying sheytan when you voted for him in 2015? Nigerians shot themselves on the foot when they massively voted him against GEJ, the man with a sense of humanity.

Shut up there.
Jonathan wasn't good president.
Voting out pdp was good step.
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by teeshet: 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ishilove:
The branch controller cannot speak for the CBN. Let CBN bring out an official statement on their stand on the court ruling. Besides, we are still spending the old notes here with ease and freedom
do you have pvc?
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
I've been spending only the old notes even today
Re: Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN by Ishilove: 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
teeshet:
do you have pvc?
Ask your ancestors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biola Okoya Visits Her Son's Graveyard To Mark His 1st Death Anniversary (Video) / Mompha Ismaila Mustapha & His Son Flaunt Cash On Instagram / CBN To Block Bank Accounts Of 18 Companies (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.