Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges (12098 Views)

FX Arbitrage Widens To ₦‎206/$1 Enabling Round-Tripping, CBN Vows Crack Down / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / CBN Vows To Arrest Any Nigerian Buying Dollars With Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by onthehill: 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has promised to prosecute Point of Sale (POS) operators who demand exorbitant charges on transactions, IGBERETV reports.

The apex bank's Governor, Godwin Emefiele disclosed this during a meeting with members of the diplomatic corps. Emefiele who admitted that there's been some challenges over the Naira swap policy, said the POS operators to be prosecuted are those who charge above the stipulated amount.

Emefiele also said that while this is a challenging time for Nigerians, things shouldn't be exaggerated especially by people in authority to create panic. He also said that there is no going back on the February 10th deadline.

https://igberetvnews.com/1438917/cbn-vows-prosecute-pos-operators-demand-exorbitant-charges/

4 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by madridguy(m): 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by funshint(m): 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ment!

4 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by LibertyRep: 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
Who orchestrated it?

People wey them suppose prosecute wan prosecute others.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Ceenachi: 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Not only to prosecute them, they supposed to die by hanging, they are armed robbers.How can you be collecting 4k on 10k because you claim of buying the cash. lf you are one of the POS operators stealing from masses, you will not e❤️nd well.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Brendaniel: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
Anything that will stop Tinubu and anyone planning to buy votes, sponsor electoral violence and malpractice is highly welcome..

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by ChatterHouse: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
POS has been helping ordinary Nigeria

I made like 3m from this anyway

APC fighting APC induce Fight

Nothing concerns me

All I know is that Hunger and Crime knows NO tribe
That's why we should make sure we drive out APC

Vote Wisely
Vote Labour Party
Vote Peter obi

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by valuedammy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
CBN did not vow to prosecute Banks that refuse to release Cash for the Citizen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by DesChyko: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
It's their private business. I honestly feel it is misplaced priority. They go to extra miles to obtain cash; and should be in the position to dictate their profit. Were the POS people given special dispensation to cash access?

Anyone who can't afford their charges should go to the ATMs or the bank and obtain cash.

I'm also affected by these cash problems but I've switched as much as possible to traders who accept transfers or own POS themselves; to reduce the rate at which I hunt for cash.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by leoweblinkblog(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
POS operators go just shutdown be that.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by DONFRANSKID(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
Just 2k I manage to collect yesterday I was charged 400.
God forbid.
CBN, commercial banks and pos operators has own their individual problem.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by AmotekunSW: 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
Meffy is behaving like someone under a curse.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by BrutusOj(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
LibertyRep:
Who orchestrated it?

People wey them suppose prosecute wan prosecute others.
Why the fuss about the policy abi CBN governor? Why do we Nigerians hate to say the truth? Because government made a policy which is likely to benefit us all, then some greedy Nigerians decided to take advantage of the scarcity of naira to exploit others in the name of POS business and you are here saying it's the CBN governor that should be prosecuted and not the criminals charging Nigerians exorbitant fee for withdrawal? How can you charge someone 1000 for withdrawing 5000. It's a criminal offence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by opera1(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
They are joking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by scholes23(m): 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ceenachi:
Not only to prosecute them, they supposed to die by hanging, they are armed robbers.How can you be collecting 4k on 10k because you claim of buying the cash. lf you are one of the POS operators stealing from masses, you will not e❤️nd well.

U dey whyne me
Why should they Do they know that these operators buy cash ever since the banks have failed to disburse cash to them.
Yesterday I bought 300k for 20k and you expect me to change 100 naira If you were in my shoes you that is talking would have done worse

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Och77(m): 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
I am an Obidient, but this policy isn't working, instead it's biting hard on the already precarious situation. It seriously hindering my business. I dey vex for the powers that be in this country

5 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by sofeo(m): 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
Alright
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by lawdrigo: 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
Let the policy stands..
No going back..
Buhari is a goal..
Elrufai cry me a river...

2 Likes

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by AtikuOkowa: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Good one from CBN
Drugies and Yahoo bastardds should hear

1 Like

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by royalamour(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
grin Emefiele is just a comic actor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by ImoleNaija: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by oluwaseyi0: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
mumu CBN, Buhari is simply a mumu president

do you give POS operator cash to operate the business before you demand to set the price?

one of my cousins is a POS operator, after she couldn't get cash from bank she resort to traders and transporters to source for cash but these traders and transporters are only willing to give her 50k cash for 60k transfer, 100k cash for 118k transfer, the cheapest she is seeing is 115k transfer for 100k cash

how much will she now sell if she is already buying at a 20% rate? yet she still has salaries to pay for some of her operators

this failure is fully the failure of Mr Odensin Buhari, what you see at POS and fuel operator is simply the law of basic economics of demand and supply

supply more naira notes and watch the price fall, but failures are looking for innocent and affected operators to blame

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by valuedammy(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ceenachi:

Why not go and withdraw your money in the Banks that u kept your money with?
Is it a must u patronise POS Operators?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Lumig: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Good!
Or, the CBN should suspend their operations until they are ready to play by the set rules.
An average Nigerian is a crook hiding under bad government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by AtikuOkowa: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
lawdrigo:
Let the policy stands..
No going back..
Buhari is a goal..
grin
lawdrigo:
Let the policy stands..
No going back..
Buhari is a goal..
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by OLamylove: 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nigerians creating Problems for themselves

1 Like

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by valuedammy(m): 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
royalamour:
grin Emefiele is just a comic actor.

Real comic actor. Most useless CBN Governor.

1 Like

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Jahzrockballer(m): 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
super story
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Christian07(m): 2:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
One just charge me 3h for 2k
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by luluosas(m): 2:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
On top of your suffering brothers and sisters, can you just imagine?

ChatterHouse:
POS has been helping ordinary Nigeria

I made like 3m from this anyway

APC fighting APC induce Fight

Nothing concerns me

All I know is that Hunger and Crime knows NO tribe
That's why we should make sure we drive out APC

Vote Wisely
Vote Labour Party
Vote Peter obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by Lumig: 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
leoweblinkblog:
POS operators go just shutdown be that.
Let them shut down. We need sanity for once in this country.
Greedy thieves
Re: CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges by valuedammy(m): 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
CBN need to know the stress the POS operators go through just to get Cash for their business.

The unavailability of cash has made many operators close down their business, the few ones functioning are the ones that go extra mile to get cash, so what do u expect them to do to the amount they charge?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Entire Computer Village Shut Down Over Tax / FCMB Sees Flat Loan Growth, Eyes UK Licence / How To Start Mini Importation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.