Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe (21086 Views)

Living Faith Creates USSD CODE To Facilitate Offerings And Tithes Online. / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
Since the time I was born, I have never seen a pastor carry gun and force person to give offerings or tithe.

So why are churches getting bad rep? No be by force to give, if you do not want to give, then do not give. After all, na your own money, so it is up to you to give or not to give. If you feel pressure or you are reluctant to give, please do not give at all.

If they talk sow a seed of 10,0000 naira or 50 naira, and you do not have or you do not want to give, do not stress yourself at all. Give what you can give easily and cheerful and if you do not want to, then don't.

Pastor can use words to persuade someone to give. At the end of the day, it is up to individuals to decide to give or not. So leave the Pastors and let them be.

If Pastor fly private jet, well good for him. If he use body guards, good for him. The body guards are getting paid and the private jet is not free.

31 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by paxonel(m): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2023
But why do pastors quote Malachi to intimidate people into giving?

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Righthussle: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2023
Abi1985:
Since the time I was born, I have never seen
a pastor carry gun and force person to give offerings or tithe. So why are churches getting bad rep? No be by force to give, if you do not want to give, then do not give. After all, na your own money, so it is up to you to give or not to give. If you feel pressure or you are reluctant to give, please do not give at all. If they talk sow a seed of 100000 naira or 50 naira, and you do not have or you do not want to give, do not stress yourself at all. Give what you can give easily and cheerful and if you do not want to, then don't. Pastor can use words to persuade someone to give. At the end of the day, it is up to individuals to decide to give or not. So leave the Pastors and let them be.
If Pastor fly private jet, well good for him..if he use body guards, good for him. The body guards are getting paid and the private jet is not free.

Hide your face in shame abeg. Pulpit bandit. Why use armed body guards and bulletproof cars when the white man's god you call " almighty " can protect you ?

Heaven is this , heaven is that, there are many mansions there, you'll enjoy everlasting life when you die yet you no wan die go enjoy the everlasting life. Unknown gunmen want to send you to that your beautiful heaven, you run go buy bulletproof car. Who you dey fool ? I no blame una. Soon everybody will know the truth that religion is built on lies. Religion is a scam.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
paxonel:
But why do pastors quote Malachi to intimate people into giving?
Ask the pastor , I am not a pastor. When you go church tomorrow , ask a pastor and will give you your answers accordingly

14 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
Righthussle:

Hide your face in shame. Pulpit bandit. Why use armed body guards and bulletproof cars when the white man's god you call " almighty " can protect you ?

My pastor do not use body guard and I know many pastors that do not. Actually most pastors do not use bodyguards, only a few. Same questions to you why do Messi or Ronaldo or VIP people use bodyguards? How many pastors you know in your area that use bodyguards? I rest my case

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2023
Righthussle:

Hide your face in shame. Pulpit bandit. Why use armed body guards and bulletproof cars when the white man's god you call " almighty " can protect you ?

There's nothing like white man 's God anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
Offering and tithe

Well,if everyone were rich,I wonder if this topic would have existed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by yrhuhfy113: 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2023
Abi1985:
Since the time I was born, I have never seen
a pastor carry gun and force person to give offerings or tithe. So why are churches getting bad rep? No be by force to give, if you do not want to give, then do not give. After all, na your own money, so it is up to you to give or not to give. If you feel pressure or you are reluctant to give, please do not give at all. If they talk sow a seed of 100000 naira or 50 naira, and you do not have or you do not want to give, do not stress yourself at all. Give what you can give easily and cheerful and if you do not want to, then don't. Pastor can use words to persuade someone to give. At the end of the day, it is up to individuals to decide to give or not. So leave the Pastors and let them be.
If Pastor fly private jet, well good for him..if he use body guards, good for him. The body guards are getting paid and the private jet is not free.

I am ashamed Africans debate these topics... I really am shocked it is happening.

Pls those of us who have visited alfas and shrines(yes our ethnic traditional gods) know that you do not go empty handed you must drop something for the gods... so why the hate on pastors who collect tithe and offerings? It is a no-brainer.

QUESTION- will a man solve your LONG TERM problem and you would not THANK HIM WITH TANGIBLE THINGS?
See, pastors don't eat from tithe and offering, they eat from solving major problems. I have seen a man at the point of death go to one of these criticized pastors for healing, he got healed and his THANKS GIVING OFFERING was a NEW CHURCH BUILDING with MOBILE SECURITY FOR THE PASTOR WHO HEALED HIM..... Now yeye people will come and say PASTOR IS DRIVING BENZ, MEMBERS ARE TREKKING... if the members could solve the problems pastors are solving will they still be trekking? People just open their mouths....WAAAAAA and vomit venom.

Now for protection, there is no strong herbalist without protection, I do not mean charms, I mean physical protection..... Don't come and comment rubbish, I can mention names oh.... I have seen them and I know them. Now the bible.... JESUS was at risk daily of being arrested or killed.... so his disciples decided to arm themselves with swords and Jesus permitted them- Luke 22:38- scriptural proof....

So Pastors with body guard and bullet proof cars should not be a big deal.... when you genuinely HELP people to rise from ZERO TO GREATNESS... you will be hated, physically and spiritually.... so if you do not protect yourself, you will die cheap like a fool. God protects us by giving us WISDOM... and POWER and INSTRUCTIONS.

Your physical protection is your responsibility, when it is beyond you, GOD STEPS IN.... yes... there are laws to this thing. You can't be preaching health, telling people to take care of their health and you are careless with yours. It's the same thing. We are in a wicked world.... that kills its heros and calls good as evil and celebrates evil as good.

Any so called Man of God who is not hated in this world is actually FAKE. He whom the devil sponsors will not be hated by people.... simple. Many of our musicians are in cultts, and boldly do not deny it YET they are LOVED by everyone.... HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT SEE THAT THIS IS ALL IN THE MATRIX....

The darkness in this world is soooo much, chai... we BLAME THE PRESIDENT yet it is our local people in small offices that are so corrupt, BUHARI has NEVER deliberately cheated anyone, he is just a figure head collecting all the blame, meanwhile it is HIDDEN PEOPLE AND WE THE PEOPLE OURSELVES that are fantastically corrupt.

If a man can solve my problems today, I would give him my first salary... no one cares the source of the power these days, as long as it works. Many pastors have abused power and made married women their "DAUGHTERS" and made them rebel against their lawful husbands.... if CAN, PFN and other bodies were functional, these pastors would be disciplined and sanctioned but sadly in NIGERIA, it is a FREELANCE STUFF to own a church... it is do as you please because they lie and say ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. This is why I do not support any MAN OF GOD or become a fan of religion. Because the GREATEST MAN OF GOD is still a man and very subject to the same temptations as any other MAN.

HERBALISTS I PERSONALLY KNOW, SLEEP WITH THEIR FEMALE CLIENTS.... yet it does not enter news as scandals.... but once a pastor does, it becomes a big deal... Many alfas have done worse yet YOU DO NOT HEAR IT SPREAD LIKE THE PASTORS stories.... see, this is very indicative that it is not normal.

IN A BALANCED SOCIETY, any healer or herbalist or pastor will be exposed for scandals... BUT in africa because we fear the gods rather than GOD, we focus on castigating pastors... as if they too are above mistakes or are not human. If E PAIN YOU, TRY TO BE A PASTOR AND SEE IF ANYONE WILL BE HELPED BY YOU.

I believe alot in BALANCE, pls let's be guided. I do not believe in DADDY G.O or idol worship of any man... BUT I KNOW LIFE IS SPIRITUAL and when SPIRITS HELP A MAN there is a big difference and when people are HELPED they SHOW GRATITUDE IN MANY WAYS.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by stimke: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2023
Religious leaders will not like this
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by SenatePresdo(m): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2023
The fear of Hell fire and misfortunes is the beginning of giving offerings and tithes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Winters23: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2023
grin

@op playing with some people’s livelihood
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by adenine02: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2023
grin
Pastors don't need GUN to collect tithe, human beings are desperate and when you have curny 419er like BABA that say he's talking to God, people will donate to him believing he can help them solve their problem.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

People don't understand this verse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by wiseone28: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2023
Its true

1 Like

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by jnrbayano(m): 8:41am On Jan 08, 2023
Emotional forcing. That's what they do

6 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by JoeNL22(m): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2023
It is by force.
Whether you like it or not.
You can either use money or service as a form of offering and Tithe. Either ways you are doing sumtin 4 d lord.
This man below gives his tithe and offerings all time everytime. That's why God's grace is all over him.
Don't you want God's grace?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Gwan2(m): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2023
As expected, the moderators never disappoints to dish out front page topics that will debase Christianity and give room for non-entities to spit thrash on a Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Spicycat(f): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

There's nothing like white man 's God anywhere.

White man has his own God, black man also has his own God, even Caucasians have their own God, it's colonial impositions that makes you think otherwise cheesy grin grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by blahc007: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2023
paxonel:
Why do you feel intimidated?...

1 Like

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by slimmax: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2023
I dey my house, how will he collect his share?
Inner peace

4 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by jeromestarks: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2023
What should not be by force is the joy in your home.

No matter the offering and tithe you gave in church, you can not have a peace of mind and a lasting home if you did not marry a virgin woman because she will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child.

Give tithes, give offerings but what you should never do is to date a single mother or to marry a woman whom you did not disvirgin.

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman. Better to suffer to find a virgin and have a happy home you can return to after work than to marry one of the readily available girls and regret ever getting married.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by TheChameleon: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2023
Go and tell Oyedepos and Adeboyes this.

The congregation will hang you for it.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by opera1(m): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2023
It
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by nairalee(m): 8:45am On Jan 08, 2023
Lol giving is a natural law. It's not a sin if u refuse to give. Just that u may not receive its reward

5 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Hassanmaye(m): 8:46am On Jan 08, 2023
Abi1985:
Since the time I was born, I have never seen a pastor carry gun and force person to give offerings or tithe.

So why are churches getting bad rep? No be by force to give, if you do not want to give, then do not give. After all, na your own money, so it is up to you to give or not to give. If you feel pressure or you are reluctant to give, please do not give at all.

If they talk sow a seed of 10,0000 naira or 50 naira, and you do not have or you do not want to give, do not stress yourself at all. Give what you can give easily and cheerful and if you do not want to, then don't.

Pastor can use words to persuade someone to give. At the end of the day, it is up to individuals to decide to give or not. So leave the Pastors and let them be.

If Pastor fly private jet, well good for him. If he use body guards, good for him. The body guards are getting paid and the private jet is not free.
Do you want to be in war with men of Gods?
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by oluwaseyi0: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2023
Comot your eye for church money na pastor get am

4 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2023
grin
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by baretalk: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2023
Pastor using private jets with congregants funds is misappropriation of church funds. The money is to cater for the whole members and church, otherwise it's a private business, and the congregants are being fleeced.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by muykem: 8:47am On Jan 08, 2023
It is enemy of the churches that are complaining.
Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Agopalace: 8:47am On Jan 08, 2023
Every responsible xhrtain should give

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by advanceDNA: 8:48am On Jan 08, 2023
paxonel:

What do u want them to quote??

...a verse from davido or Beyonce's song ?? grin

1 Like

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by EniHolar(f): 8:48am On Jan 08, 2023
Th truth is that the blessings of God in giving are conditional. He doesn't force anyone to give.

The problem in the church today is about ministers who preach giving like God's Ponzi Scheme. It doesn't work that way. Anyone who works can get money. When we talk about blessings from God, it's not just the money someone gives to you. Someone can give you money and you still miss the blessings attached to it.

God has His own ways of blessing those who are faithful to Him. I stand with what a man of God's says: "There is no way you can say you love God and follow Him faithfully without its effects revealing in your life, service and substance". These three things must be touched.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe by Basicend: 8:48am On Jan 08, 2023
If you call urself a christian, why should it be hard for you to give a portion of ur fruits and income to your God?

Do u know how much worshippers of deities give to their gods for sacrifices everytime?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tayo Demola Blasts Father Mbaka Over His Embarrassment Of Peter Obi / Blessing Utanung Pictured Praying For Ohworode of Olomu kingdom / Demolishing The Falsehood Of Christianity And Its Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.