Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage (29317 Views)

My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After / (UPDATE) My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out in Marr / My Little Sister Is Misbehaving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by ednut1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
Even if you get a sponsor she should study a better lucrative course.
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Xchii: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:

Sickening.

Just reading your submission and I kept feeling my inner man being spoken to. Your kid sister's dream needs and deserves to be kept alive.

Whatever life has thrown at her was never her bargain and shouldn't be used as an excuse to kill her lofty dreams.

To this effect, I am volunteering to take charge of that kid's educational needs so long as you are able to provide every necessary and confirm able details down to the physicals.

God bless...
God bless you and your household. We need more people like you!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by gaby(m): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
Bigshots001:

Agbado Urchin,are you sure can be able to do this?
Don't brag out here, while you can't even fend for yourself.

My attention is for people who can at least string two words together to make a sentence.

Go play with your father''s sagged balls, son.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Sammyimpostor: 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
I salute your mother for taking care of those kids, she started very well, but unfortunately she doesn't want to finish the good work.

You are a man now, please stand to defend your sister. God help you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by cyndylove64(f): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
VoidLife7:
Good day all,

Please i need your sincere input to this subject matter

I am from an average family of 6 living in Lagos. My father is a surveyor, while my mother a petty trader. My mother lost his younger brother's wife after child birth, through cesarian surgery.. My mum was the only female amongst 4 siblings, she was beseeched to look after the infant and her little brother. That was how my parents began nurturing these kids. I could recall vividly how my dad often supply the house with baby food so she could be properly fed. I saw how my dad and mum took turns at mid night looking after her. My dad lost his only sister four years after and he was given the responsibility to look after her last baby who was almost 2 years. I lost my dad 2015 when the little girl was 10, her brother 12 and the other child was just 8. My mum had 4 biological kids, 3 boys and a girl. The girl was the first child, happily married with kids. I have an elder brother and a younger brother. I was intermediate my brothers. Till date, these children acknowledged my parents as their biological parents. They never knew we aren't blood from same parents. We all had same surname. The little girl wrote her WAEC last year and cleared all her papers with distinctions and credit. She had the intention to study law or foreign languages.

I enrolled her in fashion designing immediately after her secondary school, as she had shown interest. It's less than a year she got enrolled and she's already sewing styles. She's heading to become a seamstress in the not too distant future. She also makes hair. Though not professional and she never learnt it.

My mum summoned me last month informing me she'd be giving my little sister out for marriage once she clocks 18 by May this year. She claimed i had been teaching in private school earning 30k monthly and my elder brother working in a factory earning 35k. We got bills to pay for ourselves and the kids. She asserted that the burden is already taken a toll on us. I and my elder brother are the ones supporting the family with accommodation, feeding, school fees et al. My mum claimed there was no money to pursue her education. We couldn't even afford to get her a sewing machine. The little girl suggested she get enlisted into the Nigeria navy or Immigration Service with her WAEC result, and also as a fashion designer. Perhaps, that could enable her pursue her law degree in subsequent time as an officer. My mum wasn't convince with her idea. She claimed there was no one to help her get enlisted successfully. She insisted in giving her out to a 43 years old divorces whose wife had abandoned with 3 kids. My mum was so ignorance enough to believed giving her out for marriage will help lessen our burden😭

I felt like giving my mum good hot slap having realised the reason i got summoned. I felt the burden is really weighing her down, making her think otherwise. I had kept my mum at arm length since then. Hopefully, that'd propel her have a change of mind. I sincerely got her plight though but that shouldn't be an option. She seems not to understand her decision would destroy the girl's life completely. She claimed it wasn't her fault. She sincerely wish we are capable of looking after the children, then she'd support her dreams and aspirations. She believed when there's no money, you shouldn't be found discussing anything that requires money. I've been so down ever since then. She claimed i i hadn't saved myself yet and i was worried saving someone else. She's my sister and i can't leave her behind. She never treated her badly for a day though and nobody knows she wasn't her biological child. If for instance, anyone come up tomorrow informing her or her siblings that my parents aren't their biological parents, they'd never pay attention to it. I was even threatening to report her to the family but she claimed the family can't do nothing. This little girl has good plans, dreams and aspirations but my mum wants to cut it short and shattered due to our challenges.

Please i need advice going forward. I really want to keep my family together🙏❤

you said your sister can sew .. get her application form from lsetf . If she has a lasrra I.D and also she can apply for a start up loan under lsetf ( Lagos care)
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by ahamonyeka(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Na poverty be that o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by timota(m): 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:
Ooops, I just saw you registered this moniker today for this purpose.

I don't think I have the time to waste here...

The last comment before this actually helped me to go check your profile.

I've been disappointed one too many times trying to assist people here. Never again.

Good luck to you guys.
Registering a new account does not mean he is fake, some people registers new account for issues like this to avoid being shame by people who knows him with his original account

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by IbileIfe: 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
VoidLife7:
Good day all,

I am from an average family of 6 living in Lagos. My father is a surveyor, while my mother a petty trader. My mother lost his younger brother's wife after child birth, through cesarian surgery.. My mum was the only female amongst 4 siblings, she was beseeched to look after the infant and her little brother. That was how my parents began nurturing these kids. I could recall vividly how my dad often supply the house with baby food so she could be properly fed. I saw how my dad and mum took turns at mid night looking after her. My dad lost his only sister four years after and he was given the responsibility to look after her last baby who was almost 2 years. I lost my dad 2015 when the little girl was 10, her brother 12 and the other child was just 8. My mum had 4 biological kids, 3 boys and a girl. The girl was the first child, happily married with kids. I have an elder brother and a younger brother. I was intermediate my brothers. Till date, these children acknowledged my parents as their biological parents. They never knew we aren't blood from same parents. We all had same surname. The little girl wrote her WAEC last year and cleared all her papers with distinctions and credit. She had the intention to study law or foreign languages.

I enrolled her in fashion designing immediately after her secondary school, as she had shown interest. It's less than a year she got enrolled and she's already sewing styles. She's heading to become a seamstress in the not too distant future. She also makes hair. Though not professional and she never learnt it.

My mum summoned me last month informing me she'd be giving my little sister out for marriage once she clocks 18 by May this year. She claimed i had been teaching in private school earning 30k monthly and my elder brother working in a factory earning 35k. We got bills to pay for ourselves and the kids. She asserted that the burden is already taken a toll on us. I and my elder brother are the ones supporting the family with accommodation, feeding, school fees et al. My mum claimed there was no money to pursue her education. We couldn't even afford to get her a sewing machine. The little girl suggested she get enlisted into the Nigeria navy or Immigration Service with her WAEC result, and also as a fashion designer. Perhaps, that could enable her pursue her law degree in subsequent time as an officer. My mum wasn't convince with her idea. She claimed there was no one to help her get enlisted successfully. She insisted in giving her out to a 43 years old divorces whose wife had abandoned with 3 kids. My mum was so ignorance enough to believed giving her out for marriage will help lessen our burden😭

I felt like giving my mum good hot slap having realised the reason i got summoned. I felt the burden is really weighing her down, making her think otherwise. I had kept my mum at arm length since then. Hopefully, that'd propel her have a change of mind. I sincerely got her plight though but that shouldn't be an option. She seems not to understand her decision would destroy the girl's life completely. She claimed it wasn't her fault. She sincerely wish we are capable of looking after the children, then she'd support her dreams and aspirations. She believed when there's no money, you shouldn't be found discussing anything that requires money. I've been so down ever since then. She claimed i i hadn't saved myself yet and i was worried saving someone else. She's my sister and i can't leave her behind. She never treated her badly for a day though and nobody knows she wasn't her biological child. If for instance, anyone come up tomorrow informing her or her siblings that my parents aren't their biological parents, they'd never pay attention to it. I was even threatening to report her to the family but she claimed the family can't do nothing. This little girl has good plans, dreams and aspirations but my mum wants to cut it short and shattered due to our challenges.

Reach me asap. If she really has As and C's as you claimed.
She can get a scholarship for the university.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by onuman: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
sisisioge:
Once she's 18yrs, the girl can start doing her thing at her own cost if your parents can nolonger afford her. She could be advised to acquire the forms for the Navy or get a job as a teacher/seamstress to pay her way. Honestly, she will have to grow up quickly or get married....her choice. Many of us with parents that could afford us more less left home at that age. It is well.

Gbam. Once one clock's 18, one should be able to find one's way out from odds like this, and not depend on parents to do all.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by oluwaseyi0: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
Your mum never see herself as the lady mum

Why didn't she forcefully marry you out
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Haveyoueatentod: 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Big red flag, your sister go see shege from that paedophilic suitor ...she insisted in giving her out to a 43 years old divorces whose wife had abandoned with 3 kids.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
If he is able to prove himself then I can also help. We can start by getting jamb form and registering the girl. I also have someone I can call in some tertiary institutions if she is from the North or South south to give her admission. Let him tell us his full name and his place of residence. Let him act ASAP before entry for jamb exam is close. We can go further to open account for the girl so we pay all her school fees at once. The ball is on his court

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by nedekid: 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Chai! This country has failed so many people! Just imagine. A promising young lady having her dreams destroyed.
In sanner climes, she would have gotten student loans to the highest level and pay back once she starts working. So sad. Meanwhile you hear of politicians having 20b, 50b and a Frontline one having over 200b in cash to use for elections.
Hmm, make sure your mum does not marry out that lady.
Pay for her jamb, I think it is still open. 5700 or so.
Let her get admission first. Other things will sort its self out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Bigshots001(m): 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:

My attention is for people who can at least string two words together to make a sentence.

I don't know,but I have this feelings you're out to take advantage of this young girl's vulnerable situation,I know that an APC tout like you can't feed your family very well,not to talk of helping another person through school.
I believe you're out here for show off, how can an MC Oluomo employee like be able to do what you promised here,I pray you dear urchin do not take advantage of this girl's vulnerability.
Leave this thread if you have smoked too much weed, nobody forced you to help,I don't want the outcome to be 'a story that touches the heart'

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Solocoin: 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
With her skill and her age it will be very easy and simple for her to join either the Navy or Immigration..
Two things is involve here either your mum has been collecting money from the old man and can't pay and he old man is threatening her and she want to give this girl out. Or maybe sorry to say this, the old man has been serving her and maybe want to leave her and she promised to give this your sister out. Even though you people are facing challenges, this is wickedness from your mum. He challenges doesn't quarant her to destroy the future of an innocent child.
You need to call her and persuade her to talk to you or you involve police, stop the old man from destroying the girl..
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by IamtheTruth1(m): 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
VoidLife7:
Good day all,

Sacrificing one to save others. Sacrificing one to save yourself... Your mom wants to give her out like a puppy. All shades of wrong.

Please, let her enroll in the army or navy and create a path for herself. God will come.through for her. 46yrw old marrying 18yrs old? It will kill her heart daily.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by mauchiz: 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Why will ur mum give her out to a divorcee?
Does she know why the wife left?
What if the wife of that man comes back,they will destroy and condemn her life,by then she would have had children.
What if the man dies, God forbid,she will come back to ur mum's house,what ur mum was avoiding will become double.
Let her finish her sewing,acquire more skills,make sure she does not marry a divorcee,before the wife of the man will kill her.
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by lereinter(m): 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Are you sure the woman is your mum

She's a ------- woman

Want to give a useless 43 years old divorcee her foster daughter

Go and report her to a good female lawyer activist

If you looking for one let me know
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Bigshots001(m): 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:

Because,I know that nothing good can ever come out of an Agbado Urchin period!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Sofiechidi: 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
VoidLife7:
Good day all,

So sad!

My advice would be, she should try get a job for now. If she can make a little money and fend for herself at least, your mum wouldn't feel as much pressure as she does now, she can save up in the long run and go back to school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Ruke1989: 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The things we watch in nollywood movies are really replicates of what's going on in real life..... Just imagine.....

Na wa........E dey good say make mama wey born pikin dey alive to take of am, because no body can take of a child like his/her real parent......

True, but my wife. I trained her. The mom is late and she and her sister where abadon by their dad. My irresponsible biological sister has five kids from 3 irresponsible men. These kids are trained by my mum and it is not easy at all. There are some mad mother and mad fathers. We need laws and systems that can send them to jail. We need govt organizations to handle beautiful kids in this situation

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by sammyscholar(m): 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
VoidLife7:
my younger brother has attempted to enlist twice with his WAEC result but wasn't successful. I myself had tried with my degree certificate but couldn't make itto the end

Btw, i reside in Lagos
Where do you reside in Lagos?
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by eben97: 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:

Yes oh...na we be that... grin
pls ignore that clown up there.then verify properly the original op b4 remegading on d promise @gab.this is my second acct of may be 4yrs,my original first started over 12 years ago!so it would be wrong to judge me as a newbee based on that premise.i have known u for a while now,ever since u started those your AJALA TRAVELS MATTER !HELP AND GET BLESSED SIR.you can also DM
gaby:

pls ignore that clown up there.then verify properly the original op b4 remegading on d promise @gab.this is my second acct of may be 4yrs,my original first started over 12 years ago!so it would be wrong to judge me as a newbee based on that premise.i have known u for a while now,ever since u started those your AJALA TRAVELS MATTER !HELP AND GET BLESSED SIR.you can also DM
gaby:

pls ignore that clown up there.then verif

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by zakkxx: 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Is your Father death? Don’t allow your wicked mother to succeed in this wickedness ooo!
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Bigshots001(m): 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:

Too bad,the last time you played with your father's,it bursted..I guess you were too rough with it,no rip to him.
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Mulatta(m): 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Enroll her in NDA or Nigeria police academy. She will have a job life afterwards and she wouldn't need to worry about paying school fees.
Jamb in available now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by BJanta: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:

Sickening.

Just reading your submission and I kept feeling my inner man being spoken to. Your kid sister's dream needs and deserves to be kept alive.

Whatever life has thrown at her was never her bargain and shouldn't be used as an excuse to kill her lofty dreams.

To this effect, I am volunteering to take charge of that kid's educational needs so long as you are able to provide every necessary and confirm able details down to the physicals.

God bless...

GOD bless and reward you in multiple folds sir ,in the Name of JESUS CHRIST, amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by 00FFT00(m): 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
VoidLife7:
Good day all,

Your sister is an individual with rights. It is her life, therefore can and should decide her future for herself.

Your mother has no right to arrogate to herself, the powers to marry away another individual against their will.

This is so 1920.... Stand your ground, and do the best you can for the young lady.
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by SmileDance(f): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
dawoyo:

I would love to assist; however, I’m still confused on how. I don’t mind if there’s anyone here willing so we could think of the best ways to assist.

I’m open to ideas…

Meanwhile, please send me a DM @VoidLife7
you can assist her first with the sewing machine, that is if the op has been confirmed to be real. Since she passed her waec exam, someone here suggested noun, and also if it is possible to help the op himself get a better job.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by VoidLife7: 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
IbileIfe:

Reach me asap. If she really has As and C's as you claimed.
She can get a scholarship for the university.
I sent you a mail sir
Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by Okorosemeka: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
VoidLife7:
The biological father is no more. He had an accident but couldn't survived it. She and her brother are orphan but they don't know.
there are times the responsibility of adulthood and taking leadership decisions you don't like weighs down on us,your mother may not like the decision she is about to take but she is seeing the reality on ground,do you know how much a law student pays for acceptance fee,school fees,etc,your one year salary may not get her into law school,.what I expect you to do is to make sure the man in question is a good man that will take care of the girl and his previous marriage properly dissolved and also know what caused the previous wife to run away, sometimes it is hard to be an adult and to take hard decisions,in this case the man can improve the life of the girl if he is modest well to do but realities are shocking,and with that small salaries you earn the ball is not in your court

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage by anayolity: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
gaby:
Ooops, I just saw you registered this moniker today for this purpose.

I don't think I have the time to waste here...

The last comment before this actually helped me to go check your profile.

I've been disappointed one too many times trying to assist people here. Never again.

Good luck to you guys.

The truth is there are people who read stories on a platform for many years without registering until they need a very pressing advise from different people to solve their situation and this may be one of those cases, do your thorough and deep findings and decide whether you wanna help or not.

Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real / Is It The Responsibility Of A Man To Take Care Of His Wife's Family? / My Step Dad Is Maltreating My Mom, I Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.