Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign (16470 Views)

Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Neckpresser101: 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
If you're reading this and wants to vote APC again.

You're cursed

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by lexy2014: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
I am surprised some stupid idiots are supporting Emefele. See, by the time this people finish with what is left in this country, that hate you people have for Tinubu would have consumed most of you. You think say na child's play.

the picture you are trying to paint, who is responsible for it? is it not Buhari and APC? was it not the same buahri who gave emefiele the approval to implement this policy? isnt it the same buhari that you and tinubu have been supporting for 8years despite the fact that he has been a monumental disaster? so you now want us to believe that tinubu is now the saviour and buhari the devil after tinubu supported the devil for 8years? oga, talk another thing
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Chekwume16(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
Are you sure you are in this country? You have a cash driven economy where cash is expensive coupled with the high cost of petroleum products and you are arguing blindly. Cost of raw materials and services are bound to go up. Its a very basic thing to understand.
SmartPolician:

You dey blow grammar.

I have seen northerns who sell fruits but don't accept transfers so I didn't buy the fruit. I am sure this will be story of tens of thousands of Nigerians because people prioritize what they spend cash on.

How can this affect the price of goods because it will automatically reduce demand for those commodities? Remember, NBS listed basic food items as examples.

Apparently, Nigerians always look for means to hike their prices. I have seen a pumpkin seller telling me that the price of her pumpkin is higher because dollar is high. No, I am not making it up.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
Laple0541:
Can't the Supreme Court declare the rat called Emefiwere wanted and arrested for disobeying court order? They should do something before he turns the country to a zoo because that is his wish and that of every flatheàded sapient.

How many court orders has Buhari bowed to?.......NONE...

Now you are bringing this issue as if Emefele is the one in control of Buhari ....

Don't you know Buhari can easily sack Him

Don't you know Supreme Court can easily arrest him??

Why did you make Buhari, your darling daddy a saint and begin to call on Emefele because he is not Hausa or Yoruba

Supporting a man who told Nigerians that Buhari is the best in 2015 , and now coming in 2023, saying The Best he gave is is a failure, that he is now the BEST ....and people still believe him.....is that not worst than saying Nigeria is a Zoo country full of animals who support this man?

What other Zoo does Emefele want to turn Nigeria into, when is is already a Zoo country ?

Then go back to the first question I asked you, that's why supreme Court can't arrest Emefele ....lols
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by easytig(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
The cabals no wan election,I'm happy becos tinubu and atiku no go near aso rock finally.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by beejay85: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by lexy2014: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
According to the CBN, its naira redesign policy will help control inflation. Recently, the CBN Acting Branch Controller in Ondo State, Mr Giwa Ademola, said, “The benefits of the currency redesign to the Nigerian economy are enormous given that this policy will help to control inflation, as the exercise will bring the hoarded currency into the banking system, thereby making monetary policy more effective.

if you believe the above, you can believe anything. they could have as well told us that Nigeria is more developed that Germany
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by JJuanMiguel: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
Malory:
We should all remember that Tinubu vowed to continue from where Buhari stopped so a vote for Tinubu is a vote for elongation of our suffering. Vote for Peter Obi for the progress of Nigeria.
Obi is no different
Health workers were on strike for 8 months under his governorship in small Anamabra yet he couldn't do anything

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Amarabae(f): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
I am surprised some stupid idiots are supporting Emefele. See, by the time this people finish with what is left in this country, that hate you people have for Tinubu would have consumed most of you. You think say na child's play.
All those vote Obi this vote Obi that, I can assure you 100% that Obi can NEVER be president in Nigeria. Cry all you want, curse all you want. Obi been president is a dead dream. It can NEVER happen
But you are the one crying here now with this fear filled comment
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by jaxxy(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
All those vote Obi this vote Obi that, I can assure you 100% that Obi can NEVER be president in Nigeria. Cry all you want, curse all you want. Obi been president is a dead dream. It can NEVER happen

apc out!

who is Emefiele working for isn't it apc government.

Useless party
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by unclejb2(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
don't worry, 25th is not far again....
Obi is the next president of Nigeria. You can take that to the bank
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Class01: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. And Mrs Zainab, the Minister of Finance and National Planning warned us against CBN's Emefiele naira redesign without thorough planning..
She is vindicated.

Patriots should please remain calm and protest peacefully. The Aso rock cabal want you to truncate democracy so do not fall for their evil plans. To destroy is easy but to build is hardwork. Do not fall into their unpatriotoc ploy.

Election holds in 10 days. You should all come out en masse to vote for Asiwaju. Only Asiwaju can stop them.
Once Asiwaju wins, old notes will remain till December 2023 and Emefiele will be fired.
check my signature for free stuffs!

So all of a sudden, APC are distancing themselves from APC?

Was Asiwaju not a key figure of the APC for the 8 years that they have ruled?

If he has better idea that can help his party why did he not share with Buhari afterall, he brought him to power and he was the national leader of the party.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by ambale(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

Shut up dere, so you hate Emefiele now?

He no go Betta for you normally instead make we tell them to make the new notes available you dey say you want to still dey spend the old notes

You never begin see shege ooo
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by iwaeda: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Parachoko:
Emefiele really mess up

No matter who take over from Buhari, I wish he will be dealt with for this kind of economy sabotage.
If it is Emefiele alone, he could have been sacked, but Buhari is in charge of this. grin grin grin grin
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Raph82(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Only Obi can save this country right now.

Vote wisely
We said more than that before the 2015 election. Any aspirant that's not talking about full restructuring is a joker. Nothing can be done with this evil-laced constitution. The only man that can turn the table around is the one willing to step on toes and do the needful by implementing full restructuring. Power needs to be dissolved to the states & regions.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by backnbeta(f): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Leave them be...they will understand the evil of this policy later, after Bubu and the cabals have achieved their evil agenda. I don't see this affecting Tinubu in any way, so who pays for the pain inflicted on innocent Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by CodeTemplar: 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
cool
SmartPolician:
How can inflation be increasing when the demands for most things (commodities) have dropped significantly? People prioritize what they spend cash on.

By the way, it seems the wailers and the hailers have switched places because the supposed wailers are now the hailers, while the former hailers are now screaming to high heavens grin
demand and supply forces cannot push all goods beyond production cost. If cost of production is already high and the good aren't perishing, no seller will incur deliberate losses.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by czarr(m): 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Then Atiku should have it..... anyone but the drug lord

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Laple0541(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

How many court orders has Buhari bowed to?.......NONE...

Now you are bringing this issue as if Emefele is the one in control of Buhari ....

Don't you know Buhari can easily sack Him

Don't you know Supreme Court can easily arrest him??

Why did you make Buhari, your darling daddy a saint and begin to call on Emefele because he is not Hausa or Yoruba

Supporting a man who told Nigerians that Buhari is the best in 2015 , and now coming in 2023, saying The Best he gave is is a failure, that he is now the BEST ....and people still believe him.....is that not worst than saying Nigeria is a Zoo country full of animals who support this man?

What other Zoo does Emefele want to turn Nigeria into, when is is already a Zoo country ?

Then go back to the first question I asked you, that's why supreme Court can't arrest Emefele ....lols

And name one or two court orders given by the Supreme Court that he'd flaunted in the past.

Why are you supporting an ex governor many of you were cursing as the worst in the Southeast before?

Why supporting a Tax invader and someone reported as a looter by an internationally recognized News source (Pandora papers)?

I support who I support based on his visionary style of leadership, track records on human and infrastructural development not on ethnoreligious sentiments like you.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by opera1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Only Obi can save this country right now.

Vote wisely

He is not God or messiah. It's only God that can save this nation
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by BreconHills(m): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Malory:
We should all remember that Tinubu vowed to continue from where Buhari stopped so a vote for Tinubu is a vote for elongation of our suffering. Vote for Peter Obi for the progress of Nigeria.

Is Tinunbu running on a purely APC ticket? The rabid support of the LP and PDP candidates and the silence inaction of the APC president PMB has allowed Tinubu pivot into an independent running on APC governor infrastructure.

You guys brought this on yourself because you were not sensitive to the shifting tides of opinion. While you guys continued with party politics the guy has transformed his ticket to anti establishment ticket.

That's how they see it up north and in the sw.

Lp and pdp have done it again - talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's quite funny when you look at it 🤣 The establishment guy has painted his opponent with the status quo. 😂

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Easy5265: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
famology:
Exactly what rilwane was explaining on channels some days ago. E don dey happen already.

Bismarck Rewane ?
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Felabrity: 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ahhhh
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Ofadaman(m): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
There's no way inflation won't be higher after the redesign, cause scarcity has caused price to soar more, scarcity of fuel ,food and Naira.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Nairanation2: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
yet, this Emefiele said d policy has reduced inflation. Oloriburuku.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Malory: 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
BreconHills:

Is Tinunbu running on a purely APC ticket? The rabid support of the LP and PDP candidates and the silence inaction of the APC president PMB has allowed Tinubu pivot into an independent running on APC governor infrastructure.

You guys brought this on yourself because you were not sensitive to the shifting tides of opinion. While you guys continued with party politics the guy has transformed his ticket to anti establishment ticket.

That's how they see it up north and in the sw.

Lp and pdp have done it again - talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's quite funny when you look at it 🤣 The establishment guy has painted his opponent with the status quo. 😂
Incoherent gibberish.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by danngnews: 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. And Mrs Zainab, the Minister of Finance and National Planning warned us against CBN's Emefiele naira redesign without thorough planning..
She is vindicated.

Patriots should please remain calm and protest peacefully. The Aso rock cabal want you to truncate democracy so do not fall for their evil plans. To destroy is easy but to build is hardwork. Do not fall into their unpatriotoc ploy.

Election holds in 10 days. You should all come out en masse to vote for Asiwaju. Only Asiwaju can stop them.
Once Asiwaju wins, old notes will remain till December 2023 and Emefiele will be fired.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Delusions of an unrepentant urchin.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by baralatie(m): 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Laple0541:
Can't the Supreme Court declare the rat called Emefiwere wanted and arrested for disobeying court order? They should do something before he turns the country to a zoo because that is his wish and that of every flatheàded sapient.
You will have to bring it to the notice of the court first
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by inoki247: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buddha3:

Have you not been hungry before now? Na now your mouth fit open? Did you not call us wailers for the past 7 and half years? Come and make us vote Tinubu make we see na!

Shey you Yorubas are very intelligent and sophisticated? Go and make Tinubu the President with your ewedu votes!

LoL save your tears till election day and convert it to vote...
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Offpoint1: 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
He'll be your president and you'll have his frame BOLDLY AND CONFIDENTLT hang at your office for 8 years... or you relocate to Cameroon
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Princeton92(m): 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Nigerians are too impatient and quick to react

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do In Lagos / The Story Behind Coscharis – The Auto Business Mogul / How To Get Sponsorship Deals For Your Events And Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.