Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign (16468 Views)

Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by XerXers: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
This report is for January, February report will capture the era of cash scarcity. Inflation will drop in February report
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by TalkingBird: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
Is it new naira swap that moved it above 20% ?

Abeg make we here
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Ofemmanu1: 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2023
Racoon:
-APC government gave Nigeria back to back recession.
-APC government bastardized the economy.
-APC government introduced currency swap.
-APC government currency policy increased inflation
-APC government is suing APC government in SC.
And now, It is now a fight between the ruling APC and the presidency-seeking APC

Bitter truth!
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 2:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
inoki247:
Lol some fools will still come and tell us is Propaganda say is really dealing with Tinubu na him dey sponsor the inflation....

why una dey fear to call Buhari name... your principal was in my state just yesterday with Buhari.. what were they discussing all time long from the airport to imo Douglas house...
They were opportuned to see pipu waiting endlessly on ATM queue, did that change their Rocky mind??...
Make una dey try dey constructive In your dealings abeg
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by BreconHills(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
Malory:
Incoherent gibberish.

Hahaha e go shock una.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Thomasankara(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
saintopus:
I went to buy OralB, dental paste the other day and I was told its N700, I was surprised and I asked myself when did it get to N500?

Nigeria!!!

It's well
[/color]the thing shock me too, maybe Dem no wan let us brush teeth again[color=#770077]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by FriendofGod: 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can inflation be increasing when the demands for most things (commodities) have dropped significantly? People prioritize what they spend cash on.

By the way, it seems the wailers and the hailers have switched places because the supposed wailers are now the hailers, while the former hailers are now screaming to high heavens grin

You didn't read the article.

It is talking about headline inflation which factors in prices of volatile goods like food and energy.

There will always be demand for foods and energy.

If you read the article properly, the NBS listed increases in the prices of bread and cereal, actual and imputed rent, potatoes, yam and tuber, vegetables, and meat.

Which buttresses the point I have been making that we have fewer cash in the money supply. So, we are deceiving ourselves thinking we are fighting inflation by making physical cash insufficient.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Chiderao1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
I am surprised some stupid idiots are supporting Emefele. See, by the time this people finish with what is left in this country, that hate you people have for Tinubu would have consumed most of you. You think say na child's play.
All those vote Obi this vote Obi that, I can assure you 100% that Obi can NEVER be president in Nigeria. Cry all you want, curse all you want. Obi been president is a dead dream. It can NEVER happen

use me as a dislike button
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
Laple0541:

And name one or two court orders given by the Supreme Court that he'd flaunted in the past.

Am not sure you are in Nigeria , even the recent supreme Court injunction to free Nnamdi Kanu, is still seated upon by Buhari.....ooooh I forgot, anything to suffer Igbos is welcomed by you ,so you will easily forget such court orders...

Why are you supporting an ex governor many of you were cursing as the worst in the Southeast before?

I don't understand you, a worst Governor that left billions of Dollars in the cofin of Anambra State treasury? Who even the Governor of Bauchi State or so said he can't try such, he will be tempted to milk the money dry?
And his immediate past Governor Obiano, was all thanks to , that the money got the state a befitting international Airport, international conference center? Good roads and so many other things ?

An ex-Governor who did not take a dime from the government of Anambra State or bring up a policy that will favour him or swallow the state's money and using raising Agberos to make sure the policies stands
Even one Agbero that resides in one state like that, one ex-governor made him richer than an average Professor in Nigeria as of today.....( All his kids are in abroad studying ( an Agbero tout )

Why supporting a Tax invader and someone reported as a looter by an internationally recognized News source (Pandora papers)?

Peter Obi has many investments in Nigeria as of today, we are yet to see any state calling him a tax invader, where do you get your claims ?

The Pandora papers, where a propaganda news source sabotaged by TINUBU, I wonder why they never mentioned of Tinubu who has Bullion Vans as his official cars in Lagos State ..

I support who I support based on his visionary style of leadership, track records on human and infrastructural development not on ethnoreligious sentiments like you.

His visionary style of leadership?
A man that sacked Ambode because he dropped some of the policies that earns him good money in Lagos
Is that the visonary style you meant

Or was Ambode not working before he was dealt with by the hijacker of South West?

Do you see how Abacha's loot is still trending today in Nigeria and the world, that is how TINUBU's loots will be trending the moment the voodoo he used on South West dies off....it will trend for years in Nigeria ....lols

Show me the track records of Tinubu in Lagos State during his own time....and pls don't go stealing other Governors track records ....

On human development , Tinubu can NEVER raise a man who will not be loyal to him.....a case study of his case with Ambode ......

But on a lighter note.....if you are looking for a manager in your company and you happen to interview Peter Obi and Tinubu....

Assuming you ask them about solving security issues ......
Peter Obi's response....
.( I will tackle all security issues using different federal arsenals , those agitating , will equally be met , and have a deep discussion with them)

TINUBU's Response......( Security issue is a town hall meeting different from Baluba bulaba balublu , as far as Peter Obi by my side here betrayed Jesus Christ..)

Pls between these two People who will you take as the manager of your company, considering the age bracket of 65years you put for the post of a Manager.......

Pls I need this answer if you are really a sane Nigeria .....

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buhari's Parting Gift to Nigerians
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by calebbintus: 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
Malory:
We should all remember that Tinubu vowed to continue from where Buhari stopped so a vote for Tinubu is a vote for elongation of our suffering. Vote for Peter Obi for the progress of Nigeria.

Suffering is no basis for voting. People suffered under Obi in Anambra, Same in PDP regime as APC. Even if Obi is to win, People will still suffer. A Nation like Nigeria, People will always suffer so find some other indices

1 Like

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Abagworo(m): 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Food prices are much lower with Tomato falling by 200% in January. The only item that rose pretty high is egg.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
So today e Reach 21% abi since we are seeing shega nobody notice it 😂🤣😁😂 enough its a enough oh We are waiting for them in poll unit. APC and PDP vote LP vote wisely vote peter obi
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Upworkwriter007(f): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
Malory:
We should all remember that Tinubu vowed to continue from where Buhari stopped so a vote for Tinubu is a vote for elongation of our suffering. Vote for Peter Obi for the progress of Nigeria.
But it's obedient that are supporting this, and Tinubu is fighting it.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
But it's obedient that are supporting this, and Tinubu is fighting it.
its obident in power this is a plan dead between APC to starve everyone and then use it as campaign tool can't you see it
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Brushstrokes20: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
What the lifeless disaster cannot destroy does not exist undecided undecided
Useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by 07kjb: 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2023
A policy that is supposed to bring down inflation

What a country

This country needs to devide let every TRIBE go there way
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Reference(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can inflation be increasing when the demands for most things (commodities) have dropped significantly? People prioritize what they spend cash on.

By the way, it seems the wailers and the hailers have switched places because the supposed wailers are now the hailers, while the former hailers are now screaming to high heavens grin

That is the beginning of stagflation, the more evil brother of inflation and only known in the far, far East.... Japan to be precise. It's grip is absolute.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by headboyprince(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2023
kilisi:
Wait! I thought Emefiele said cashless policy will reduce inflation among other benefits.

Is Emefiele an economist or an accountant?
only a fool believes what ANY government tells him.. especially this Nigeria Government.. grin grin

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Bobbiee: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hold on, that doesn't make any sense
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by ZooOga: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
The stats confuse me. How can prices rise when there is currency issue 🤔 going on?
Maybe it's the effects of giant western international companies price gouging with dem greedy sefs.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by masseratti: 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

i don't know where this arm chair NBS gets its data from, less money in circulation is equal to deflation not inflation, as at now some commodities like grains, beef perishable goods prices have fallen, maybe when they come out with February data maybe that will reflect more on what is on ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Joshua30: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
I am surprised some stupid idiots are supporting Emefele. See, by the time this people finish with what is left in this country, that hate you people have for Tinubu would have consumed most of you. You think say na child's play.
All those vote Obi this vote Obi that, I can assure you 100% that Obi can NEVER be president in Nigeria. Cry all you want, curse all you want. Obi been president is a dead dream. It can NEVER happen
Who this one again? Are you God to determine who will win or not? Peter Obi is destined to become the Nigeria’s President.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by Nyanabo(m): 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2023
The clueless central bank governor, just as clueless as his principal (the slow president) said the naira redesign would shave not less that 4% of the inflation rate.

But it's been proven once more that he lack the right policies to help the nation.
Re: Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign by fredgprince1: 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
I truly miss those days when in the South east 1 cup of rice is 30 naira. Imagine how much it will be in the north that things were a lot cheaper then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake News Alert: CBN Denies Selling FX To BDCs At ₦‎1,001/$1 / How To Get Sponsorship Deals For Your Events And Projects / 18 African Countries Grew GDP Above 5% In 2017—afdb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.