Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On (13894 Views)

Lady Rejects Soldier's Marriage Proposal (I Don't Know When You Will Die) / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents / How Comes You Know When A Guy Is Cumin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Okorosemeka: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:
So from the beginning the relationship was perfect,he was the best ,normally he's not my type of guy,but he was there for me when I was at a low point in my life,we started as friends, then feelings developed, and he was the absolute best,no guy has ever treated me like that
So he asked for my hand in marriage, normally I am a pessimist, I expect the worst,create different scenarios in my head and how I would react when it happens and stuffs
So when he talked about the marriage stuff , I started thinking about what would go wrong (because he's kind of boring ,not spontaneous and not wild a lil bit),so I started thinking if the marriage would be boring and if I won't get tired of him as he's not my usual type of guy

so I sent a message to someone asking for advice ,then mistakenly he saw it and it turned to yam pepper scatter scatter sha
I begged him ,he really cried that I have been stringing him along ,which is not so,I do love him a lot
I begged him sha and we continued the relationship, but the relationship has changed a lot,he's not even asking for my hand in marriage again
I'm the one pestering him
and when I threaten him with break up ,he begs me not to,that he's just taking his time with me
This issue happened 2yrs ago o,how long is it going to take

I just feel I should break up with him,but can't seem to let him go
Is it some kind of pay back?
And I am not getting any younger
with that message you have killed his ego and the love he has for you,there is nothing you can do to get it back,if you want to verify,just tell him you are going your own way and see how he will not make much effort to keep you,learn not to get everything you desire it is not possible,no man or woman is perfect,just manage the bright side of life,it is time to move on,that guy is fvcking you without any intention of marriage again.
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by frozen70(f): 1:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:
So from the beginning the relationship was perfect,he was the best ,normally he's not my type of guy,but he was there for me when I was at a low point in my life,we started as friends, then feelings developed, and he was the absolute best,no guy has ever treated me like that
So he asked for my hand in marriage, normally I am a pessimist, I expect the worst,create different scenarios in my head and how I would react when it happens and stuffs
So when he talked about the marriage stuff , I started thinking about what would go wrong (because he's kind of boring ,not spontaneous and not wild a lil bit),so I started thinking if the marriage would be boring and if I won't get tired of him as he's not my usual type of guy

so I sent a message to someone asking for advice ,then mistakenly he saw it and it turned to yam pepper scatter scatter sha
I begged him ,he really cried that I have been stringing him along ,which is not so,I do love him a lot
I begged him sha and we continued the relationship, but the relationship has changed a lot,he's not even asking for my hand in marriage again
and when I threaten him with break up ,he begs me not to,that he's just taking his time with me

Only him knows what's in his mind since he saw that conversation that changed the whole thing on his head
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by MissOpe(f): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Aboguede:
Hahaha

I can swear with all my girls friends that u are a short girl grin in other words short demon grin

Anyways, if u are by my side, u go dey colet steady shocked because I know say u go like fight grin

Fighting for survival is one of the basic human demands....
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Aboguede(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
MissOpe:

Fighting for survival is one of the basic human demands....

Imagine me and u after small small beat me I beat fight u then I use my extra man power to pin u down in bed facing each other on close range face to face. I swear we go surely kiss even though na some force I use start am.

Wen I start to bite ur belle, u go change to 'leave me, leave me' then I bite ur neck then I start to bite ur bottom and then forcefully pull ur skirt and then use head to follow ur bottom belle and then my boy go use force enter ur soup shocked god, I must bring out all the floid from ur body grin
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by advanceDNA: 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
MissOpe:

I didn't say she's a sexual masochist but an emotional one, a masochist is not only sex related..

Study wide bri

Lol.....

Study wide ?? because u shaa want to be right??

Ok ooo...
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by boldsleek: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
pansophist:
You just described a good man, so tell me how exactly is a good man not your type? When people talk about "type", if I scratch deep a bit, they will mention superficial things that they will probably outgrow, and have no bearing to sustaining a relationship.

You can't have all in one person. You must compromise. If you meet " your type", he probably will have some qualities that you hate. So you must know that you're paying a price if you think you can just dump a good man. You're a lady, and being emotional can be your worse enemy.

To answer your question, you know it's time to move on when your effort has seized to be reciprocated. If you're the only one initiating, sustaining and perpetuating the relationship, then sign off. You'll be hurt, but it's better than loosing yourself.

You can't negotiate on being weak, and staying in a place where your presence is not appreciated is weakness, you'll lose yourself. It's like trying to score a goal, but the goal post is move farther and farther everytime you approach the scoring line.

And as a woman, you should understand your nature. Women are highly neurotic, meaning that you see negativities and pessimism where they are none. Scientist argued that it's because women carry the young, so their sense of danger is sharper than men. Women are physically weak as well, especially during pregnancy.

The last card you should play now is to discuss with him and tell him honestly that you know things have changed since he saw your message, and that you don't want to waste time if there are no future in this relationship. That you fully accepted the responsibility of your mistake.

Then make a decision from his response. You may need the help of a trusted, neutral person, because your emotions may overshadow reasoning. This discussion may be hard, but if you don't have it, you'll pay a costlier price, which is, your time.

As a woman, you can't afford to waste time on a fruitless relationship, I'm sure I don't have to remind this to you. Next time, don't make stupid mistake. You don't have a monopoly of "my type". There are places he wished you were better, but he accepted you. Why can't you do the same?

I want to ask you a question pls, should one marry just because the other person is a good person?

what if the person is a good person, but, he/she talks too much, and you can't stand people that talks much?

what if someone is good, but he/she is a dirty person? Uses rest room without flushing. etc.

He is a good man, but, he can't hold erection nko? or, he is one second man nko?

she is a good person, but, she is uptight and boring in bed nko?

for me, one should marry whom they are compatible with. One shouldn't comprise when it comes to marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Aboguede(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Wahala people grin

Good simply mean "normal person" in other words, the person is neat and nows how to be a matured person

boldsleek:
I want to ask you a question pls, should one marry just because the other person is a good person?

what if the person is a good person, but, he/she talks too much, and you can't stand people that talks much?

what if someone is good, but he/she is a dirty person? Uses rest room without flushing. etc.

for me, one should marry whom they are compatible with. One shouldn't comprise when it comes to marriage.
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by chibrolex(m): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
MY DEAR SISTER,Pls Wait after voting LABOUR PARTY on the election days you can call him and break up with him so that he will not have any reason of not voting PETER OBI as the next President of NIGERIA.....You hear,ABEG MY SISTER.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by RussellRutherfo: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
pansophist:
You just described a good man, so tell me how exactly is a good man not your type? When people talk about "type", if I scratch deep a bit, they will mention superficial things that they will probably outgrow, and have no bearing to sustaining a relationship.

You can't have all in one person. You must compromise. If you meet " your type", he probably will have some qualities that you hate. So you must know that you're paying a price if you think you can just dump a good man. You're a lady, and being emotional can be your worse enemy.

To answer your question, you know it's time to move on when your effort has seized to be reciprocated. If you're the only one initiating, sustaining and perpetuating the relationship, then sign off. You'll be hurt, but it's better than loosing yourself.

You can't negotiate on being weak, and staying in a place where your presence is not appreciated is weakness, you'll lose yourself. It's like trying to score a goal, but the goal post is move farther and farther everytime you approach the scoring line.

And as a woman, you should understand your nature. Women are highly neurotic, meaning that you see negativities and pessimism where they are none. Scientist argued that it's because women carry the young, so their sense of danger is sharper than men. Women are physically weak as well, especially during pregnancy.

The last card you should play now is to discuss with him and tell him honestly that you know things have changed since he saw your message, and that you don't want to waste time if there are no future in this relationship. That you fully accepted the responsibility of your mistake.

Then make a decision from his response. You may need the help of a trusted, neutral person, because your emotions may overshadow reasoning. This discussion may be hard, but if you don't have it, you'll pay a costlier price, which is, your time.

As a woman, you can't afford to waste time on a fruitless relationship, I'm sure I don't have to remind this to you. Next time, don't make stupid mistake. You don't have a monopoly of "my type". There are places he wished you were better, but he accepted you. Why can't you do the same?

I am the guy. I will never accept her back. She probably will cheat on him in marriage based on "he is a boring type".

The guy should be happy that he dodged this bullet.
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Theyemmie: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
normally he's not my type of guy

Any girl who tells a guy the above statement is a prostitute, an olosho and a runz girl.

The average Nigerian girl is confused and don't know what they want. The op is a clear example. He is not your type and yet you developed feelings for him? I'm sure you were with him because of the little money he was giving you. Olosho! You want a wild guy and yet you're with this one? You really think guys are stupid or what? you wanted to play smart by using and dumping him, but in the process he outsmarted you.

I'll urge that young man to dump you ASAP and move on with his life. Until you fully turn into an evening newspaper na then you go get sense
Who hurt you
That made you throw away your humanity
May God have mercy on your soul
Saying rubbish based on assumption
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by haybee2018(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Not so sure you know what you really want TO START with (so sorry to say that)....From your utterances, truth be told my dear.... seems you're kind of a WILD gurl who has explored different guys a lot then actually settling for this based on his treats. This guy of yours in question is no doubt a scarce commodity or lemme say a someone with a rare trait. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL WOMAN......There's a Yoruba adage translated in Oyinbo which says: you don't smell what you'll not eat.... Put yourself in his shoes with what you said he saw on your phone.....how would you feel?...that ought to signal to you how much he loves and care for you.

You broke whatever way he might have been feeling about you the moment he saw dah shiii you called an advice.

MY ADVICE: Please take away all those sentiments (ehn...he's not spontaneous, not wild...balaa bluu) If you won't be with him DECIDE at once and let him be.

SAFE!
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by phemmyfour: 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

Go on your own terms else you LL get served
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Theyemmie: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
Solocoin:
Some women are really confused with their life. How can you be confused band still have the audacity to confuse us here. He's a good man at the same time not your kind of man. If he's not your kind of man, why will you go into a relationship with someone that is not your kind of man in the first place? Why will you have to asked someone for advice when you know he's not your kind of man? You would have simply tell him I'm sorry it would work.
I'm average in height and want to marry a woman who's a little taller than me or atleast we're the same height as such I can't do anything with anyone I am taller than her. Some people will create problem for theirselves and start looking for advice. Anything I don't want I can't accept it no matter the condition I found myself because I don't want to displeased myself and please someone else.
You are a guy it's different for you ,you choose who you ask out
It happens
If he had asked me out straight might not have dated him
But we started as friends, gisting and stuffs ,he's always there to listen and motivated me
Then sending each other posts on ig and others, I tell him about my work
So we moved to talking everyday
He became my person and feelings developed
We talk everyday, he became the person that if anything happens ,he's the one I tell and all
Then when he asked me out was already in love with him and the relationship was perfect
It's my overthinking and all this rampant divorce that messed me up
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by BluntCrazeMan: 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

so I sent a message to someone asking for advice, then mistakenly he saw it and it turned to yam pepper scatter scatter sha

He will soon see this question online and realise you were the one.
Another scatter-scatter will unfold.
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by StrongAlphMale: 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

Who hurt you
That made you throw away your humanity
May God have mercy on your soul
Saying rubbish based on assumption

Let that guy dump you ASAP and he should look for someone else who's very much younger with enough sense and marry her asap. You're not worth him at all. You're just a gold digger who only sees him as an available means to escape being called evening newspaper because you have now realized time isn't on your side anymore.

You'll grow old until you receive sense.

You wanted to use that young man and dump him, but reverse was the case. You think you're smart?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Theyemmie: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
He will soon see this question online and realise you were the one.
Another scatter-scatter will unfold.
He doesn't even know nairaland exist grin
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Theyemmie: 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Let that guy dump you ASAP and he should look for someone else who's very much younger with enough sense and marry her asap. You're not worth him at all. You're just a gold digger who only sees him as an available means to escape being called evening newspaper because you have now realized time isn't on your side anymore.

You'll grow old until you receive sense.

You wanted to use that young man and dump him, but reverse was the case. You think you're smart?

Explain to us the phrase " he's not your type" and yet you were with him and enjoying his money. The moment he brought the idea of marriage you suddenly realized he's not good enough for you. Now he has dumped, ignored you and moved on with his life, you suddenly declared unending love for him, Really? Do you think guys are fools you or what? You think you're Wise? You want to eat your cake and have it back?

Sense fall on you there. You never see anything. Wait until you fully turn into an evening newspaper na then you go know wetin we dey talk.

"The older a man gets the more options he has in chosing a wife, but same cannot be said for the woman as the older she gets the lesser option she gets, in most cases won't even get any other options again"

Dey play dey go
I always have someone on my case
Just hard to start all over again with another person
I'm not one of the girls you carry around
I have my job and my money besides I come from rich family
Keep playing bro

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by StrongAlphMale: 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

It happens
But we started as friends, gisting and stuffs ,he's always there to listen and motivated me
We talk everyday, he became the person that if anything happens ,he's the one I tell and all
Then when he asked me out was already in love with him and the relationship was perfect

Explain to us what you meant by " he's not your type" and yet you were with him and enjoying his money. The moment he brought the idea of marriage you suddenly realized he's not good enough for you. Now he has dumped, ignored you and moved on with his life, you suddenly declared unending love for him, Really? Do you think guys are fools you or what? You think you're Wise? You want to eat your cake and have it back?

Sense fall on you there. You never see anything. Wait until you fully turn into an evening newspaper na then you go know wetin we dey talk.

"The older a man gets the more options he has in chosing a wife, but same cannot be said for the woman as the older she gets the lesser option she gets, in most cases won't even get any other options again"

We all know you've been exploring different dicks around even while the simp guy was still with you?
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by BluntCrazeMan: 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

He doesn't even know nairaland exist grin
You might never know.

A lot of things had happened on the internet in the past.
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Theyemmie: 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Explain to us what you meant by " he's not your type" and yet you were with him and enjoying his money. The moment he brought the idea of marriage you suddenly realized he's not good enough for you. Now he has dumped, ignored you and moved on with his life, you suddenly declared unending love for him, Really? Do you think guys are fools you or what? You think you're Wise? You want to eat your cake and have it back?

We all know you've been exploring different dicks around even while the simp guy was still with you?
I know you trying to troll but your comment is funny to me ,you are meant to be writing movies
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by StrongAlphMale: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

Dey play dey go
I always have someone on my case
Just hard to start all over again with another person
I'm not one of the girls you carry around
I have my job and my money besides I come from rich family
Keep playing bro

Trying to counsel yourself?

I understand that feelings. 😂 It's painful.

The thing is why complaining that a man who once out of SIMPing decided to marry you, and you refused. The dude chested everything and moved on with his life, why then are you pained, bitter and angry that he is ignoring you and doesn't talk about marriage anymore?

Was it not what you wanted? And he gave you just that, so why then are you ranting?
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by StrongAlphMale: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

I know you trying to troll but your comment is funny to me ,you are meant to be writing movies

You're still dodging the questions we asked you
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by StrongAlphMale: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
This is exactly what we've been preaching here, ATTENTION is the most powerful tool a man has. Men Must learn to use it judiciously
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Theyemmie: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Trying to counsel yourself?

I understand that feelings. 😂 It's painful.

The thing is why complaining that a man who once out of SIMPing decided to marry you, and you refused. The dude chested everything and moved on with his life, why then are you pained, bitter and angry that he is ignoring you and doesn't talk about marriage anymore?

Was it not what you wanted? And he gave you just that, so why then are you ranting?
He's not ignoring me
We are good
He's just not talking about marriage again
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by StrongAlphMale: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

He's not ignoring me
We are good
He's just not talking about marriage again

Be rest assured that sooner or later you'll see his wedding invitations with another girl on his WhatsApp status. Hope you won't commit sucide?

I have seen your type before. They're mainly confused. You can't let go of this dude and I know you have another dude elsewhere you also can't let go. Who are you deceiving?

We thought he wasn't your type? Why then did you suddenly realized he's your type and desperately waiting for marriage from him?
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Theyemmie: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Be rest assured that sooner or later you'll see his wedding invitations with another girl on his WhatsApp status. Hope you won't commit sucide?

I have seen your type before. They're mainly confused. You can't let go of this dude and I know you have another dude elsewhere you also can't let go. Who are you deceiving?

We thought he wasn't your type? Why then did you suddenly realized he's your type and desperately waiting for marriage from him?
Because they were just superficial stuffs and it's not worth losing him over
He's not that type of person
Not a child like you
Ps I have no other dude always been him
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by advanceDNA: 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
boldsleek:

He is a good man, but, he can't hold erection nko? or, he is one second man nko?

she is a good person, but, she is uptight and boring in bed nko?

U cant be 100% compartible with pple.... thats why u women have late marriage issue and say men are not coming.....u have too many dealbreakers....he has onlyy HND, he doesnt have beards, his salry is just 170k, he doesnt flush....whats there, flush naaaa,

U are not twins...u met on the streets, so there will always be things u will have to overlook in him...u will see some of these things before marriage, u will see some after marriage..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by StrongAlphMale: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

Because they were just superficial stuffs and it's not worth losing him over
He's not that type of person

Not a child like you
Ps I have no other dude always been him

Emotionally manipulations and reverse psychology at work.

Now you're getting older with no other options, you immediately realized the guy "is not worth losing" ? grin you think we're fools here or what?

More reasons why he should dump you at once and Marry a sane girl. You're not worth him at all.

The guy must never make the mistake of asking you for marriage again. I'm very sure he won't. I'll urge you to move on because you're not worth him.
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by MissOpe(f): 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Aboguede:

Imagine me and u after small small beat me I beat fight u then I use my extra man power to pin u down in bed facing each other on close range face to face. I swear we go surely kiss even though na some force I use start am.

Wen I start to bite ur belle, u go change to 'leave me, leave me' then I bite ur neck then I start to bite ur bottom and then forcefully pull ur skirt and then use head to follow ur bottom belle and then my boy go use force enter ur soup shocked god, I must bring out all the floid from ur body grin

Fighting isn't about throwing blows round the place , you fit first beat me, make I break bottle for your head or make I use my gun break your leg, that way u go get correct sense that's only if u love to tell the story..
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Solocoin: 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
Theyemmie:

It happens
No matter how I am close with you, if you're not the kind of person I want to marry, there's no closeness that will make me have feelings for you because I hate drama and I hate for someone to accuse me of breaking her heart.
I have a feel friend like that but I can't any feelings come in between me and her.
This kind might just try to pay you back, what you need to do is to start withdraw from him so that anything that happen next it won't affect you most.
Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Livelystone01: 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
saphiere:

* When he tries to rule over you. Seeing himself as a lord.
*When he starts acting like a child. (Sadly most men behave this way)
*When he wants your 100% faithfully when he is not married to you.
*When he starts getting jealous unnecessarily.
*When he starts thinking with his third leg instead of his brain.
*When most of the times he talks about sex and want sex than anything else.
*When he does not contribution positively to your life.
*When he starts policing you (checking your phones).
*When he wears one boxer for days.
*When he only bath and clean his house when he is expecting a guest.
*When he cannot take care of your financial needs.
*When he does not respect women.
*When he sees women as sex objects.
*When he has nothing to offer except his third leg (sadly all of them only have that to offer).
Your response is not positively correlated to the narrative given, it shows you are off point, irrational, maybe unstable and also emotionally, psychologically and logically troubled.

Now, I'd like to respond to everything you posted, they are expressions of your personality and it would be a disaster for any unfortunate man to fight to take you as a future partner unless you change this mindset.

People like you don't meet good men because you attract what you are. The kind of guys that come around people with this mindset are those with same negative mindsets about women.

Ask me, I'd say that y'all (negative) people deserve yourselves.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On by Aboguede(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
MissOpe:

Fighting isn't about throwing blows round the place , you fit first beat me, make I break bottle for your head or make I use my gun break your leg, that way u go get correct sense that's only if u love to tell the story..

Hahaha, and u think am the type dat will shy away from jaguda ni grin

U never see, if I reset ur brain even in ur dreams u go dey see me shocked
U ever imagine a situation where u go dey see wetin wan chop u and no way to run and no way to resist shocked even ur tears go dey sweet as I make u shout and u can only close ur eyes and feel the bite of a lion cool

I like what I like and am a die hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Worst Thing You've Ever Done For Love? / hh / Share Your Valentine's Day Message To Your Lover(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.