Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna (36881 Views)

Currency Redesign, 43 Items, Naira Float… Major Policies Of CBN In 2023 / Warri Market Women Besiege Banks, Barricade Roads / How To Pay Your International Tuition Fee With Central Bank Rate(cbn) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by Kencruz: 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
They are all idiots, fools. Since the government announced to send the old notes back to bank, they are busy obeying the midget. I will never have feelings for them. Empty skulls.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by nedekid: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
bigdammyj:
Reading & responding...

“I was here on Thursday, but nobody, no staff of the bank, attended to us. I am hoping that they will attend to us today,” she said.

Evidence that CBN has no capacity to carry out its policy properly but to score political point and
Politicians are going to capitalize on this to upgrade their vote buying method.

Nigerian Politicians are smarter & desperate bro, watch out how it's going to play out, the masses will still lose at the end
Why did she wait till the last minute? Extend it for 6 months and you will still have the same story.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by davodyguy: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
fortunateme:

Yes they do. Watch out for flooding of new notes on 27 and 28 upwards. It is a ploy to deny ur master thiefnubù
I am not supporting Tinubu, but he would be the next president of Nigeria
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by fortunateme: 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
davodyguy:

I am not supporting Tinubu, but he would be the next president of Nigeria
Stay one side na. No dey confuse tonda. Eat ur 🌽 in piss.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by seborrhic: 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
shiki:
cheesy Probably sponsored crowd by El-Rufai
Another angle.
It's highly possible because can't see how that crowd would have fulfilled the CBN requirement just within the few hours after Buhari's broadcast

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by enomakos(m): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
Christistruth00:

Your case is easy

From BBC news
thanks for the info bro

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by Everlastingson: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
adecz:

❌❌❌❌

All this wahala simply shows the
incompetence of Emefiele. If enough
of the new notes had been printed
by CBN, all these wouldn't have happened.

In a normal country, Emefiele should
have been sacked and imprisoned
long ago.

But as is normal with Buhari, as a person
with limited education, what he values
with people is loyalty to him and not
competence or patriotism.

Once you go to him and greet him by
kneeling or lying on the floor, the Fulani
in him will always protect you, no matter
your crime.

This is why every sector has collapsed
under him.

Who told you that sufficient new notes was not printed? So you're not aware that commercial banks are sabotaging the policy by hoarding the new money and selling to politicians?
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by cucumbar: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
These ones are just being apprehensive unnecessarily.

Let everyone please calm down and protest peacefully.

The directive from the President is an illegal directive that disobeys lawful court order.

Election holds in 8 days. You should all come out en masse to vote for Asiwaju. Only Asiwaju can stop them from turning your old notes into tissue paper.

Once Asiwaju wins, old notes will remain till December 2023 and Emefiele will be fired for monumental gross incompetence.
Every one should remain calm please.
check my signature for free stuffs!
but how can you be campaigning for Tinubu to be president with all the gaffes we’ve been seeing? Are you normal at all?
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by davodyguy: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
fortunateme:

Stay one side na. No dey confuse tonda. Eat ur 🌽 in piss.
Hope you now know I am right, that CBN doesn't have capacity.

Tinubu will be your next president in few days time
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by fortunateme: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
davodyguy:

Hope you now know I am right, that CBN doesn't have capacity.

Tinubu will be your next president in few days time
Enjoy your 🌽
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by davodyguy: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
cucumbar:
but how can you be campaigning for Tinubu to be president with all the gaffes we’ve been seeing? Are you normal at all?
70 year Biden sef dey gaffe
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by davodyguy: 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
fortunateme:

Enjoy your 🌽
😂

CBN thinks he's doing Tinubu, but doing himself 😂

By this time next two Sundays, your 👀👁️ go clear
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by adecz: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
Everlastingson:

Who told you that sufficient new notes was not printed? So you're not aware that commercial banks are sabotaging the policy by hoarding the new money and selling to politicians?

If the notes were in enough supply,
there will be no need to hoard.

Even Emefiele has come out to admit
that they didn't print as much as should
have been done & you are here arguing
blindly.

A bank may have N3bn old notes in its
vault and N200 million new notes and
you are saying it's enough.😐
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by ZombieSlayer1: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
These ones are just being apprehensive unnecessarily.

Let everyone please calm down and protest peacefully.

The directive from the President is an illegal directive that disobeys lawful court order.

Election holds in 8 days. You should all come out en masse to vote for Asiwaju. Only Asiwaju can stop them from turning your old notes into tissue paper.

Once Asiwaju wins, old notes will remain till December 2023 and Emefiele will be fired for monumental gross incompetence.
Every one should remain calm please.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Wake up and smell the coffee, the rug has been pulled below Tinubu's feet. He's going to come a distant thief in this election
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by Willie2015: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
DanAugust2021:
They had ample time to deposit their old notes, but they chose to trust their governor instead of Central Bank. The seven days grace period wil elapse today, and whoever hasn't swapped or changed the old notes can relocate to Kaduna state, and all the other states that have accepted the old notes as legal tender.

I hope you see the new directive from CBN...
to banks to collect old notes.. grin cheesy angry
Thats critical thinking...
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by truthfinder319: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
Keep suffering and hating. Your life is innyour hands

Pepperoniq:
Nothing good comes easy. A new Nigeria is coming.
Like for Peter Obi Share for Tinubu.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by DanAugust2021: 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Willie2015:

I hope you see the new directive from CBN...
to banks to collect old notes.. grin cheesy angry
Thats critical thinking...

Collect old notes till when? That's the question you should be asking. Does the collection make it legal tender?
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
updatechange:
Nigeria diving slowly into anarchy… SMH this is a very sensitive issue but the insensitive president and governor of CBN are too daft to realize it.
Na the zombies wey Dey cheer them I pity pass.
By the time this thing graduates into full scale riots/war (god forbid) even Buhari will not escape it.
Lol..
You and the APC governors sudden unalloyed love, for the welfare of the common man is truly touching..
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by ajani1978(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
fortunateme:
Ah! So Kaduna people don't trust the dwarf?
After the ranting against PMB? They should take their money to Midget bank 🏦 PLC Kaduna. My problem is that PMB doesn't have time for his likes. The goal is the big fish. One reckless move from the baron, we are back to hope 93.

IPOB everywhere
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by fortunateme: 1:22am On Feb 18, 2023
ajani1978:

IPOB everywhere
Boko Haram on nairaland
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by lexy2014: 8:05am On Feb 18, 2023
fortunateme:
Ah! So Kaduna people don't trust the dwarf?
After the ranting against PMB? They should take their money to Midget bank 🏦 PLC Kaduna. My problem is that PMB doesn't have time for his likes. The goal is the big fish. One reckless move from the baron, we are back to hope 93.

What big fish exactly?
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by lexy2014: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2023
DanAugust2021:
They had ample time to deposit their old notes, but they chose to trust their governor instead of Central Bank. The seven days grace period wil elapse today, and whoever hasn't swapped or changed the old notes can relocate to Kaduna state, and all the other states that have accepted the old notes as legal tender.

What "ample time" are you referring to?

Pls tell me the meaning of "swap" and tell me where you have seen any swap taking place since
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by lexy2014: 8:09am On Feb 18, 2023
Kencruz:
They are all idiots, fools. Since the government announced to send the old notes back to bank, they are busy obeying the midget. I will never have feelings for them. Empty skulls.

After sending their old notes to the banks, what will they get in return?

Is the FG issuing new notes?

Those that sent in their old notes before the deadline, can they make withdrawals in banks or at ATMs?
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by lexy2014: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2023
onadana:
No one is listening to mad Rufai.I drove past CBN Kaduna this morning,you need to see the crowd waiting to submit old naira notes,cars and people everywhere.Till next year this crowd won't finish Makes me wonder what they were doing all these while to submit their cash.No one collects old money here.But everyone conducted themselves in a peaceful manner.The crowd itself is a security risk to CBN.

You see the way you have contradicted yourself. You are laughing at elrufai for his stance against cbn but at the same you can't shy away from the reality: "The crowd itself is a security risk to CBN."

Let me ask you when did it become the job of CBN to be collecting cash deposit from.bank customers as if it were a commercial bank?

Doesn't this show that Emefiele has got this totally wrong?

Those that have deposited their old notes before the deadline, did they get new notes in return? Can they access their accounts to get the monies they deposited?

You might not like elrufai. This isnt about him. Let's not deceive ourselves. Emefiele and buhari have turned everything on its head
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by DanAugust2021: 8:34am On Feb 18, 2023
lexy2014:

What "ample time" are you referring to?

Pls tell me the meaning of "swap" and tell me where you have seen any swap taking place since
Two months is ample time to deposit whatever amount anyone had. Swap in this case could mean raw cash or cash lodged into your account, the value being the same.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by DanAugust2021: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2023
lexy2014:

You see the way you have contradicted yourself. You are laughing at elrufai for his stance against cbn but at the same you can't shy away from the reality: "The crowd itself is a security risk to CBN."

Let me ask you when did it become the job of CBN to be collecting cash deposit from.bank customers as if it were a commercial bank?

Those that have deposited their old notes before the deadline, did they get new notes in return? Can they access their accounts to get the monies they deposited?

You might not like elrufai. This isnt about him. Let's not deceive ourselves. Emefiele and buhari have turned everything on its head
Go through the CBN Act(2007), and you will get to know instances where CBN can collect cash deposits from individuals.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by lexy2014: 9:50am On Feb 18, 2023
DanAugust2021:
Go through the CBN Act(2007), and you will get to know instances where CBN can collect cash deposits from individuals.

since you have gone thru CBN act (2007), kindly answer the following questions.

Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by lexy2014: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2023
DanAugust2021:
Two months is ample time to deposit whatever amount anyone had. Swap in this case could mean raw cash or cash lodged into your account, the value being the same.

how is 2 months enough? in previous naira redesign exercises, was 2 months the duration? did previous exercises result in this type of fiasco we are witnessing today?

how does "Swap in this case could mean raw cash or cash lodged into your account, the value being the same"? kindly explain how you arrived at your definition? is that a dictionary definition?
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by DanAugust2021: 10:00am On Feb 18, 2023
lexy2014:

since you have gone thru CBN act (2007), kindly answer the following questions.

Download the CBN Act and read, it will help you on your numerous questions.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by lexy2014: 10:01am On Feb 18, 2023
DanAugust2021:
Download the CBN Act and read, it will help you on your numerous questions.

since you have downloaded it and read it, why cant you answer the questions?

Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by DanAugust2021: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2023
lexy2014:

since you have downloaded it and read it, why cant you answer the questions?

I have told you it's in the CBN Act, the onus is on you to make me think otherwise.
Re: Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna by DanAugust2021: 10:10am On Feb 18, 2023
lexy2014:

how is 2 months enough? in previous naira redesign exercises, was 2 months the duration? did previous exercises result in this type of fiasco we are witnessing today?

how does "Swap in this case could mean raw cash or cash lodged into your account, the value being the same"? kindly explain how you arrived at your definition? is that a dictionary definition?
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.economictimes.com/definition/swap&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiI9fuJ2579AhXTUOUKHZsmA7MQFnoECAIQAg&usg=AOvVaw1HjzitM4ysVn_OTkFj0omj

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Businesses You Can Run With Your Job / Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs / Tony Elumelu's Mother Celebrating Her 90th Birthday In Few Days Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.