Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) (46273 Views)

CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / We Are Still Receiving Old Notes - EcoBank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by sliky09: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
In addition to what you wrote. They will also have to register on CBN portal, generate a code before making deposit to any commercial bank. I guess some people have issue with reading or understanding
chigator2:

They are following emefiele's directives so what's your point ? You can't deposit above 500k there

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Diligence: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
AmotekunSW:
Emefiele and those backing him are all fools

Stop this nahsense nah. Buhari already told people like you: "Talk to me...". "The bucks stop here!". Why Emefiele. Stop this hypocrisy already; it's crassly stewpeeed!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by html14java(f): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Banks obey CBN. Of you like dey wait for Supreme Court, you'll open a museum finally

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by stanluiz(m): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:

How is it not legal tender when the bank still accept it? Why are you dull?
Is no longer a legal tender. You better act safe than be sorry.

Go and listen to what the president and CBN said. The reason is too ease the overcrowd pressure on CBN branches.

Those that want to deposit below 500k should go to their commercial bank while those that want to deposit above 500k will go to the CBN.

Once you deposit your old naira notes. You can't collect it back and you won't see it again.

CBN want to retrieve the remaining old 500 and 1000 naira notes as week as possible.

The deadline is next week. After next week. You are on your own.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Diligence: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
We pray Nigerians will survive up till 25 February 2023 to emphatically vote out or rather out anything and everything APC. The suffering is too much for People.

Take Back Your Country
VoteObiDattiforABetterNigeria
ItIsNowOrNever

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by bewla(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
Tinubu is winning everywhere
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank
At Kano,Kaduna and Katsina
Next week it's over for for IPOB miscreants in disguise.
To hell with does that support emifeile cash crap
Say no to does that brought hardship to ordinary Nigerians

Struggle continue till baba mandate is given

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Macgyver1: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

At least after depositing one day sha I go av access to my money.....

People will turn this to business na to dey buy Old note from people and dey fill d form dem sef nd go deposit it at the bank...

Idea
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Lemos14: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
stanluiz:
Is no longer a legal tender. You better act safe than be sorry.

Go and listen to what the president and CBN said. The reason is too ease the overcrowd pressure on CBN branches.

Those that want to deposit below 500k should go to their commercial bank while those that want to deposit above 500k will go to the CBN.

Once you deposit your old naira notes. You can't collect it back and you won't see it again.

CBN want to retrieve the remaining old 500 and 1000 naira notes as week as possible.

The deadline is next week. After next week. You are on your own.

Dont ever try to advise an urchin..they are useless right from their birth

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Ogilinsaka: 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

Tilumbu is winning in your kitchen

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Adetayo1978(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
E pain them o. E pain those wey no sabi anything but behave as if dem sabi everything. Up JAGABAN.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Cajal(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lemos14:

I know you have reading and comprehension issues so I'll do you the courtesy of helping you out...if your money is 500k and below...take it to your bank..anything above that should be taken to the CBN...tell tinubu to take his 22billon naira to the CBN
Olodo
did he set limit for the deposit?
If he did not, I can decide to be taking it and deposit later

Poor guy
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by einsteine(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

People will turn this to business na to dey buy Old note from people and dey fill d form dem sef nd go deposit it at the bank...

You can only generate reference once.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by einsteine(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
Cajal:

Olodo
did he set limit for the deposit?
If he did not, I can decide to be taking it and deposit later

Poor guy

Each BVN can only deposit once.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by 2mch(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
Don’t deposit any notes. Use it for yourself. Wait till after election.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Okiton: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

Let's bet

Tunibu is dying next week

The shock from the outcome of the election will kill Tunibu
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Phyde: 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
XerXers:

Yes, for old 500 and 1k. And you must register at CBN portal before commercial Banks accept it
The option where to input my bank is not working.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jrobbins: 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

Not possible. It's a one off deposit
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ezeego1:

It will take Tinubu approximately 268 bank working days to deposit his stolen money if he is to share the money to 10 people to deposit on his behalf.

To their ignoramus mind, Tinubu is winning
mumu man like you .
You think the policy will affect tinubu and other politicians?no
All he need to do is call one of their boy who is a manger and request for new notes while that one take his %
Why do you think banks does not dispense new notes after CBN claims to have disburse 1trn
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by 377: 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
just heard on AIT NOW CBN says they didnt direct any money bank to collect any old notes. na wao
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

I laugh in Hausa.....Kaikaikaikaikai
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by inoki247: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
jrobbins:

Not possible. It's a one off deposit

Show me the CBN directory wey say na one off....

With a CBN link and stop trying to twist everything...

If you read well from the news flying they will give you a tracking number to track the status of your deposit and that doesn't stop you from depositing again and generating another barcode....

Show me anywhere you see one off and with a CBN link you people are just dishing out false information....

Even if na one off no be for people to start buying people BVN nd u use ur link at the bank to get it deposited Oga format to cash out in this country no go finish....

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:
Shame on Emefiele and obingos.

Your tears is in 8days time.

Tinubu is winning

Shame or what? Digest it now
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by descartes400: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

I'm just trying to imagine how the situation would have been like had Tinubu not complain about the fuel scarcity situation and the new currency scarcity resulting to the Government having to alter the deadline. It would have been total chaos compare to what is been experience now!

And yet Tinubu is being blamed! The government should be grateful to him.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Kaiser20: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank
A dead Brain Tinubu who makes blunders in every sentence can not win anything

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by TheDemola: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
LiteratureClass:
As seen on twitter.
Source: FBN - https://twitter.com/FirstBankngr/status/1626592476135043073

Dem don delete am
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:
Shame on Emefiele and obingos.

Your tears is in 8days time.

Tinubu is winning

You and Tinubu lack things, this policy will stabilize kidnappers and others abit, if you and Tinubu feel say na Una them target, meaning Una wan buy votes. Obi no complain, atiku no complain. Why apc
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Keegan: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
XerXers:
To ease the queue at CBN. That doesn't mean they are now legal tender. You can't do business with it. If you register at CBN portal and you are depositing less than 500k then you can deposit at commercial banks

I will continue transacting with it and wait till April 7 to deposit at the bank. Buhari and his dog Emefailure are not wise. Why do you have to put the whole house on fire because you want to catch a mouse?
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by igbosarejews(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Way to go!

Atiku and Petwr are enemies of the state! Not surprised though, they both from PDP

Only Asiwaju feels the plight of the people.
It's almost eight years now, your drûg lord is nowhere to be found, despite boarder closure, Fulanis kîllings, insecurity, póverty, down fall of Naira etc. At Eve of election, your drug lord sûrfaces to become the Messiah that urchîns are waiting for his return. Do you people even have conscience and fear of God at all..
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by ejovwovincent(f): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
Dem don delete am
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Ezeego1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
syntekelite:

Lets assume you all who reason the same way saying the policy is to retire tinubu....
Lets assume as you all believe that truly tinubu has billions in cash... He buys votes with old notes come election time,due to critical condition of the economy if votes were bought for 5k before,he increases it to 20k.. while assuring everyone that voting him in is in their best interest cos once president he will reverse the cbn policy by allowing old and new notes co exist.. people sell their votes wait till tinubu wins and spend the old notes easy..
Meaning buhari and emefiele have plans to continue ruling till God knows when cos thats the only way their myopic policy wil work..

You are daft,

New government will take effect starting from 29th may 2023, even in your wildest imagination if Tinubu eventually wins the old naira must have phased out by then. CBN is trying to mop out all the old notes circulating and here you are living in your own world of utopia that Tinubu will rescind the policy.

Where will Tinubu see old naira notes to start circulating it again by may?

Buhari and Emefiele is steps ahead of you ignoramus, if you like don't go to any nearest CBN around you and deposit your money, stay their and be assuming nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Hoelujohn: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

No loud am
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by 9jii(m): 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
SamCeci:

I laugh in Hausa.....Kaikaikaikaikai
Wallahi da laughing madness de take start.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / How Much Do I Need To Open A Betting Shop? / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.