Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) (46245 Views)

CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / We Are Still Receiving Old Notes - EcoBank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by one4GOD(f): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
ambale:

Is English your problem??

Take your old notes there you still want to transact with it

Even if they give Nigerians 10years una no go still do am right
coconut heads very hard to understand simple explanations
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Jack500: 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
LAXconfidential:

How is Thiefnubuu winning when the money he is planning on using to buy votes is no longer legal tender?

How is it not legal tender when the bank still accept it? Why are you dull?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Brownshoe: 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nonsense
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by AmotekunSW: 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lemos14:

It dosen't change the fact that they are no longer legal tender so I don't know what you're celebrating here except your foolishness

I'm also celebrating your mother's stupidity.
If she was sensible, she should have flushed your pregnancy in the toilet.
From they are no more collecting it to they are no more legal tender. You're a born fool.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by MzErica(f): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Manna5050:
your stupidity knows no bound. Vote wisely Nigerians, vote papa, mama and pikin. Vote Mr Peter Gregory Obi for president.

You're the miserable little ape. Peter obi will never be nigeria's president. Maybe president of osu biara, I'm sure you fools will except with gladness.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Poppia: 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
donbenz:
if you like no vote. beggy beggy
Better than stealing
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by UncommonLogic: 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
The dumb ass policy is dead. Eventually, they will cancel the whole rubbish thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by IamAsiri: 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
olasaad:
Other commercial banks should follow asap

It's a directive from CBN.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by newnigerdelta00: 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
Poppia:
Okay na.
My country people, abeg o election day is fast approaching and I'm still stuck in school (unimaid).
I will appreciate any good Samaritan who can help me with tp back to my homebase (yola) so that I can also vote and reunite with my people

Who you dey support,if na Peter Obi remain in your unimaid, because obidient loves suffering

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Cajal(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
Emeifailure
That means 500, 1000
still legal tender

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by bonnyhope: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
Tinubu is winning everywhere
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank
At Kano,Kaduna and Katsina
Next week it's over for for IPOB miscreants in disguise.

You should be ashamed of yourself

As you old reach you cannot comprehend the recent happening around you.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by ayo2008: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

Cry me a river
Tinubu ti Lule las las

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by syntekelite(m): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
LAXconfidential:

How is Thiefnubuu winning when the money he is planning on using to buy votes is no longer legal tender?

Lets assume you all who reason the same way saying the policy is to retire tinubu....
Lets assume as you all believe that truly tinubu has billions in cash... He buys votes with old notes come election time,due to critical condition of the economy if votes were bought for 5k before,he increases it to 20k.. while assuring everyone that voting him in is in their best interest cos once president he will reverse the cbn policy by allowing old and new notes co exist.. people sell their votes wait till tinubu wins and spend the old notes easy..
Meaning buhari and emefiele have plans to continue ruling till God knows when cos thats the only way their myopic policy wil work..

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:
Lol las las some people don suffer in vain dere future is blinking like this dem say the policy is good for dere future...

Like this Vote seller will be cashing out.....

Make una read b4 talking. Cbn policy is still in effect. If u like don't follow the procedure abd deposit b4 the expired time b4 elections u will cry more.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by AmotekunSW: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
jaxxy:

Cbn instructed them to collect bt then must follow the procedure.

1st bank isn't acting on its own unless its on its own.
winning how? make una they read properly and understand. 1st can have its license revoked by Cbn it it goes against the policy procedure.

CBN can't do anything.
You think First Bank is like Fidelity Bank?
All these children of paupers sef.
Let CBN better get its lawyers together and face the Supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Elsueno: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
Last chance Woh

Urchins & supreme court followers, go deposit d old notes Woh 😤

The ever magnanimous El presidente & d CBN has decided to make it easier 4 d good citizens NOT URCHINS Masters with millions (Them most go CBN 🤭🤭)

Go & deposit Woh😄

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Lemos14: 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
AmotekunSW:

I'm also celebrating your mother's stupidity.
If she was sensible, she should have flushed your pregnancy in the toilet.
From they are no more collecting it to they are no more legal tender. You're a born fool.

I know you have reading and comprehension issues so I'll do you the courtesy of helping you out...if your money is 500k and below...take it to your bank..anything above that should be taken to the CBN...tell tinubu to take his 22billon naira to the CBN

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by stanluiz(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Old 500 and 1000 are no longer legal tender.

You better go and deposit the old naira notes to your commercial bank and your bank account will be credited.

Failure to do that. The money will turn to tissue paper by next week.

If you continue to listen to politicians. Then, I pity you.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Ezeego1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

You're actually brainless, so the rigorous process in depositing your old bank notes is what a sensible person will pass through and to your warped thinking you actually believed Tinubu is winning ??

Don't worry when the old notes is already taken into the CBN custody you will use your saliva to make purchase.... Urchin

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by sliky09: 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nice strategy by CBN to retrieve the old notes from circulation and also reduce the burden of long queues at the CBN branches. Although I still see loop holes, it will become easier for vote buying to take place if a deadline to return the old note to the banks is not set.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
AmotekunSW:

CBN can't do anything.
You think First Bank is like Fidelity Bank?
All these children of paupers sef.
Let CBN better get its lawyers together and face the Supreme Court.

mumu read what 1st bank said themselves. it's what Cbn told all banks.

This is why una insult Osinbajo to pick a corrupt old cargoes druglord.

Read it well b4 ur money is rendered useless oo.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Lemos14: 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
Cajal:
Emeifailure
That means 500, 1000
still legal tender

I know you have reading and comprehension issues so I'll do you the courtesy of helping you out...if your money is 500k and below...take it to your bank..anything above that should be taken to the CBN...tell tinubu to take his 22billon naira to the CBN

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Ezeego1(m): 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lemos14:

I know you have reading and comprehension issues so I'll do you the courtesy of helping you out...if your money is 500k and below...take it to your bank..anything above that should be taken to the CBN...tell tinubu to take his 22billon naira to the bank.

It will take Tinubu approximately 268 bank working days to deposit his stolen money if he is to share the money to 10 people to deposit on his behalf.

To their ignoramus mind, Tinubu is winning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by chigator2: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:
Shame on Emefiele and obingos.

Your tears is in 8days time.

Tinubu is winning

They are following emefiele's directives so what's your point ? You can't deposit above 500k there

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Izongdave(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
slivertongue:
CBN is playing NIGERIANS like ball. What a shame
That doesn't change the fact that the supreme court decision was the most disgraceful in the history of our judiciary... How will the apex court justify itself placing injunction against the swapping of currency by the CBN with such consequences at glance?
May be it's a testament that the country has failed
Else why would a judge assist an individual in the procuring the breach of a contract in the manner its issuing injunction against the PDP suspending messers wike over anti party activities
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Diligence: 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

Suffering & Smiling no dey Taya you...Abi Na deliverance case. Then go to MFM for DEEP DELIVERANCE!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by SenatePresdo(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
BigBrother9ja:

And for all your life's miseries, frustrations, misfortunes and failures, including that of your whole family and generations should be blamed on Tinubu.
HOW LOW CAN YOU PEOPLE GO?
HOW PATHETIC CAN YOU PEOPLE BE?

The same Buharl that was also sold to us by your people
Rochas
Amaechi
Rev Mbaka
Chris Ngige etc
But now, it's all Tinubu's fault...

Whether you people like it or not Tinubu will still win.
You can all save your tears for 25th.

Nonsense!
i made Buhari president" _ Tinubu
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by juman(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
The populace is extremely grateful to el rufai, ganduje, sanwoolu, dapo abiodun, etc.
Their effort yield positive result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by IamAsiri: 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
Pleasant01:

Who tell you this one ? ....the max you can just deposit at once is 500,000

In the bank. If you have more than that, go to CBN. Also, you cannot deposit more than once cool.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Lemos14: 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ezeego1:

It will take Tinubu approximately 268 bank working days to deposit his stolen money if he is to share the money to 10 people to deposit on his behalf.

To their ignoramus mind, Tinubu is winning

Are you minding these tinubu supporters?...if you check very well most of them are yabaleft escapees.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Connected1: 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:

How is it not legal tender when the bank still accept it? Why are you dull?
😅

Do you even know the meaning of legal tender?

Too many dull people supporting an old man.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Note Deadline / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Drop All Ur Paypal Acct Related Issues/Queries In Here & Get It Solved/Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.