Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) (46282 Views)

CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / We Are Still Receiving Old Notes - EcoBank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
igbosarejews:

It's almost eight years now, your drûg lord is nowhere to be found, despite boarder closure, Fulanis kîllings, insecurity, póverty, down fall of Naira etc. At Eve of election, your drug lord sûrfaces to become the Messiah that urchîns are waiting for his return. Do you people even have conscience and fear of God at all..

Be patient!
I will respond to you after Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is sworn-in.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Stanleyucee(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol, just dey play.

Why can't I transact with it and take my profit to the bank if other notes do not exist?

Even if I want to sell vote, why can't I sell my vote and then go ahead to deposit the money in the bank after election and get my account credited?

Emefiele is a dullard.
vote buyers target the poor which I doubt if they have bank account....an average Nigerian can never accept the old currency no matter what you preach to him or her..... Nd remember most rural areas don't have banks so tell me why they should accept your old currency for them to vote for your dullard bastard... All we want is a free and fair election. My PVC is ready to vote for Peter Obi..see you at the polling unit

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by NawaForThisLife(m): 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
Tinubu is winning everywhere
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank
At Kano,Kaduna and Katsina
Next week it's over for for IPOB miscreants in disguise.
I no understand, as in winning to buy votes or winning to what exactly ??

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by LegendHero(m): 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Stanleyucee:
vote buyers target the poor which I doubt if they have bank account....an average Nigerian can never accept the old currency no matter what you preach to him or her..... Nd remember most rural areas don't have banks so tell me why they should accept your old currency for them to vote for your dullard bastard... All we want is a free and fair election. My PVC is ready to vote for Peter Obi..see you at the polling unit

I swear on God, in Badagry Lagos today people are spending their old notes as they like. people transacting freely.

Dey there dey play online. In the coming days, you will see people will start transacting in to enmasse.

CBN just shot itself in the foot with this new pronouncement.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jrobbins: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
youngreezy:
Wait so after you deposit 500k once,you no go fit deposit again forever?

Yeah, if it's old notes. There is a way banks are instructed to deposit old notes. One BVN per person.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by charlesditro: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
FAKE NEWS, NAIRALAND TO VERIFY THE SOURCE OF YOUR NEWS

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
LiteratureClass:
As seen on twitter.
Source: FBN - https://twitter.com/FirstBankngr/status/1626592476135043073
I hope they will not come later and say fake News just like the previous News please,
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Fake news

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jrobbins: 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

Show me the CBN directory wey say na one off....

With a CBN link and stop trying to twist everything...

If you read well from the news flying they will give you a tracking number to track the status of your deposit and that doesn't stop you from depositing again and generating another barcode....

Show me anywhere you see one off and with a CBN link you people are just dishing out false information....

Even if na one off no be for people to start buying people BVN nd u use ur link at the bank to get it deposited Oga format to cash out in this country no go finish....

Internal but I'd share it. I cut off some things for identity sake

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by ModCaller: 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
First bank don fúck up. They believed the thing without calling CBN to confirm
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by ModCaller: 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
jrobbins:

Baba where did you get your internal from? Definitely not from CBN because CBN just denied everything

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by inoki247: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
jrobbins:

Then he no hard na to dey buy BVN and be paying people token and we use awa Bank connect redeem am shey oh tu ku.....

Format no go finish bro...

People will sell derr BVN for as Low as 5k to redeem the cash swap...

Buh CBN don even come out to debunk the thing say he no give anybody any directory....
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by igbosarejews(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
bewla:
To hell with does that support emifeile cash crap
Say no to does that brought hardship to ordinary Nigerians

Struggle continue till baba mandate is given
Same Baba that brought the Baba that is causing this hardship on ordinary Nigerians, also vowed to continue from where the first baba stopped. You be dûnce

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jrobbins: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
ModCaller:

Baba where did you get your internal from? Definitely not from CBN because CBN just denied everything

I won't divulge more. There's even a description to how the old notes must be posted.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jrobbins: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

Then he no hard na to dey buy BVN and be paying people token and we use awa Bank connect redeem am shey oh tu ku.....

Buh CBN don even come out to debunk the thing say he no give anybody any directory....

Good luck. Keep telling me more
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by jrobbins: 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

OK
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by shuttox: 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

You are dreaming
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Stanleyucee(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
LegendHero:

I swear on God, in Badagry Lagos today people are spending their old notes as they like. people transacting freely.

Dey there dey play online. In the coming days, you will see people will start transacting in to enmasse.

TINUBU: oya take the billions to CBN instead of it to be useless here

Urchin: oga I hear say commercial banks dey accept am

TINUBU: oya abeg carry am dey go there no time abeg

CBN: please disregard the fake news of taking your old currency to the commercial banks for deposit

TINUBU: which kind wahala be this...this people no go kill me before my time ontop election matter!!!

Urchin: oga me self I don tire make we just go burn the currency

TINUBU: abi? This Peter OBI na grace dey follow am...he don already win
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by igbosarejews(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Be patient!
I will respond to you after Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is sworn-in.

Does it matter, no be una vote Buhari before. After he started using his Bulala on you people crying and wailing started. You're looking for whom to blame. After voting for Tinubu/APC we will be here to console you again for another round of hàrship. Dèvil agent. MUGU
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
They will debunk the story soon
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by PeterObi4LP: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank

You'll be shock at Tinubu defeat next Saturday. Relax
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by dwilliams: 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Poppia:
Okay na.
My country people, abeg o election day is fast approaching and I'm still stuck in school (unimaid).
I will appreciate any good Samaritan who can help me with tp back to my homebase (yola) so that I can also vote and reunite with my people

Who are you voting for?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by goddy28686: 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 25𝗧𝗛 𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗘 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗟𝗬 𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗗

"One of the Penalties for Refusing to Participate in Politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors"
𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢

"The Wise Who Refused to Rule Should Prepare To Suffer The Rules Of Idiots"
𝗦𝗢𝗖𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦

People Who Elect Corrupt Politicians, Impostors, Thieves and Traitors are not Victims.. . But Accomplices"
𝗚𝗘𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟
A vote is a kind of prayer about the kind of world you want to live in.
𝗥𝗘𝗩. 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗞
Not voting is not a protest. It is a surrender.
𝗞𝗘𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗡

If you don't vote, you lose the right to complain.
𝗚𝗘𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗡
Bad governments are elected by "good" citizens who don't vote
𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢
Vote like your rights depend on it as your vote is your voice
𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥
The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all
𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗡 𝗙. 𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗗𝗬

The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
𝗔𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗛𝗔𝗠 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗡
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗠

Kindly read the quotes above with understanding and decide to go and vote for whoever you think can fix this country.
If you refuse to vote, you're giving opportunity to your opponent to win.
Don't mind the stress.
Don't be left out .
It's your right.
Don't waste the opportunity to elect credible leaders.
Let's do it together.
INEC won't count prayer points but votes.

A word is enough for the wise. A new Nigeria is possible, BE PART OF THE HISTORY.
Up youth...
One voice
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 5:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
Poppia:
Okay na.
My country people, abeg o election day is fast approaching and I'm still stuck in school (unimaid).
I will appreciate any good Samaritan who can help me with tp back to my homebase (yola) so that I can also vote and reunite with my people
so that you can go and vote ATIKU abi??
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by orriyomi33(m): 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
The CBN debunking the earlier news confirm my suspicion.

Theirs is no news of first bank telling their customers to bring the old notes on their official Twitter handle.
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by bewla(m): 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
igbosarejews:

Same Baba that brought the Baba that is causing this hardship on ordinary Nigerians, also vowed to continue from where the first baba stopped. You be
dûnce

What is wrong with children of now adays can't you comment without body shaming or insulting does you have not meet before

Who do us like this
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Kaycee9242(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
Poppia:
Okay na.

Who do you want to vote for?
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by Crusadee: 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jii:
At Supreme Court
At CBN
At first Bank
mumu grin
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by kelvin21887(m): 6:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
LegendHero:

Note: CBN is only but a pawn in the chess board
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by puzzlegate(m): 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
mumu man like you .
You think the policy will affect tinubu and other politicians?no
All he need to do is call one of their boy who is a manger and request for new notes while that one take his %
Why do you think banks does not dispense new notes after CBN claims to have disburse 1trn
If it is so why are they running Helter skelter ?
Re: First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) by puzzlegate(m): 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
descartes400:

I'm just trying to imagine how the situation would have been like had Tinubu not complain about the fuel scarcity situation and the new currency scarcity resulting to the Government having to alter the deadline. It would have been total chaos compare to what is been experience now!

And yet Tinubu is being blamed! The government should be grateful to him.
For forfeiting bullion van loads of bank notes ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship / 'Hot-Cake' Business Opportunities in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.